The Recession Has Hit JetNation

Maxman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Max I haven't been here that long, but do appreciate the sight for the short time I was here. I understand this is something you have to do and wish you well. I will be posting at walmartgreeter.com if anyone would like to stop by for a hello and a smiley face.

You all suck

The Crusher

Crusher,

If the economy picks back up please give us another look. Right now we just can't afford the bandwidth. We had to shut down 45% of our arcade games because the repair budget is non-existent.

It really comes down to entitlement programs. Moderators like Smizzy and SS19 are getting big pensions and we are left to pay for it. Ultimately we need concessions from the Union. Until they get realistic about our long term business outlook, I fear the pain will linger.

Instead of abandoning all hope, why don't we band together and have a JetNation bake sale, which I'm certain will save the ship. Max, the hook is that you invest in generic male and female molds, and then we tailor them with the attributes of a selective number of JetNation posters, using frostings, sprinkles, etc. I'm thinking that there is going to be high demand for baked goods in the shape of the female posters like Verde, TicTac, Garb, you get the idea. I could even come up with several Shinto goddesses for which we might create idealized prototypes for sale. PM me as I feel we should move on this ASAP.

Crusher,

If the economy picks back up please give us another look. Right now we just can't afford the bandwidth. We had to shut down 45% of our arcade games because the repair budget is non-existent.

It really comes down to entitlement programs. Moderators like Smizzy and SS19 are getting big pensions and we are left to pay for it. Ultimately we need concessions from the Union. Until they get realistic about our long term business outlook, I fear the pain will linger.

Legacy costs are a pain in the ass.

I feel bad for any new moderators that come in now that a two-tiered system has been implemented by the arbitrator. The Moderator Union took JN to binding Contract Arbitration after a series of negotiation failures. When it was all said and done, new hires lost pension in place of defined contributions, lost their retiree health care in place of health savings accounts, lost their longevity checks & lost 5 vacation days to boot.

:max::max::max::max::max::max::max::max::max::max:

i'm ready to retire

i will take any buyout... specially if it means unlimited use of glory hole.

Judging by my golf game..my game has taken an early retirement..now i

know what it feels to play like SJ.. a freaking 91 today

maybe checkers is in my cards

91...wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats horrible for you..what happened?

Times are tough. Nobody wants to be in this situation but the reality is we all have to make sacrifices. I regret to inform you that 30% of the moderator staff has to be let go. We can no longer afford their salary and fringe benefits. It is also with deep regret that I tell you 20% of the posters here will have to go as well.

We are going to phase this in. You will soon receive a packet in the mail offering you several options:

• Early retirement (for any poster with more than 10 years of internet service. You will be paid one week's vcash for every posting year)
  • Job sharing (we can combine accounts and make for more efficient posting. For example Madmike could be combined with CrashingJet and they can just argue in a more fiscally conservative manner which would utilize less resources).
  • Flex time\part time posting. (We are a victim of our own success here, so by streamlining our hours of operation we can serve you better. During the off-season we will be closed on Sundays starting in May).

I ask you to consider these options carefully before deciding which one you take. Hopefully we can reduce headcount through these voluntary actions and just move forward as a site. Otherwise, there will be poster layoffs.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hopefully things bounce back in 2010 and we can let everyone post here at will again. Until such time, kindly (and quietly) go screw yourself.

Warmest Regards,

JetNation.com (the site that will care again in 2010)

Can I transfer my vested JI credits? Between there and here, I've got the 10 years, pathetic as that is.

It really comes down to entitlement programs. Moderators like Smizzy and SS19 are getting big pensions and we are left to pay for it.

SS19??? :ahhh: If being a mod for a week and a half qualifies you for a big pension, sign me up!! I think I could last at least two weeks easily.

i'm a lowly minion

i have lost my mojo and a few golfballs oh my..

Back to the Bahama mama's

Always remember a bad day of golf is better than a great day at work -- everytime

enjoy the mamas -- my vaca starts in 10 days

Crusher,

Thanx Max, Peace be with you (fist bump) <no pedophile>

i'm ready to retire

i will take any buyout... specially if it means unlimited use of glory hole.

Judging by my golf game..my game has taken an early retirement..now i

know what it feels to play like SJ.. a freaking 91 today

maybe checkers is in my cards

91...wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats horrible for you..what happened?

Screw both of you effers, I would give my left nut to be able to shoot 91 on a regular basis.

Legacy costs are a pain in the ass.

I feel bad for any new moderators that come in now that a two-tiered system has been implemented by the arbitrator. The Moderator Union took JN to binding Contract Arbitration after a series of negotiation failures. When it was all said and done, new hires lost pension in place of defined contributions, lost their retiree health care in place of health savings accounts, lost their longevity checks & lost 5 vacation days to boot.

:max::max::max::max::max::max::max::max::max:

Yes pooling the vacation time together was a bad idea. You got screwed with Smizzy taking the last 5 months off. Nothing left for the other mods.

:-P

I say we overthrow the management here.

Its obvious they dont have the best interest of the posters in mind with decisions like this. If they just pulled their heads out of each others asses for 5 minutes we would have been prepared for the tough economy.

why have you not been rude to me lately?

Can I transfer my vested JI credits? Between there and here, I've got the 10 years, pathetic as that is.

Bob you are eligible. We have only been around for 4 years. So we are accepting credits from any accredited fan site. All you have to do is prove that you posted on another fan site and not some sort of money making venture. That wouldn't count.

Archived