JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

So if I vote for WP, Thor, or Vicious and they turn out to be townies, I've established what could be viewed as a mafia pattern. Doesn't mean I'm mafia. It means we haven't gotten enough evidence to make an informed vote.

Hell bro, I defended an innocent and am being chased into a corner for that. People over complicate the game sometimes.

Doggin said it... lynch all liars. Everyone is more the 75% sure Woody is a liar. He should be lynched.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you can start by telling us what you think of Woody, Vicious, Thor, and War ensemble.

Thor and WE haven't given me enough to judge. Woody's appearing/disappearing act is definitely sketchy, but he did say he has a lot of school work to do. As for Vicious, I don't agree with the role reveal, but what else are you gonna do when you've got a vote pile-on against you? It's likely that either Vicious or Woody is lying and they've both put our collective nuts in a vise, but we still shouldn't vote for them. Yet. Now here's the part where you tell me I'm suspicious for not wanting to vote for either of them and we're probably in cahoots. ;)

Thor and WE haven't given me enough to judge. Woody's appearing/disappearing act is definitely sketchy, but he did say he has a lot of school work to do. As for Vicious, I don't agree with the role reveal, but what else are you gonna do when you've got a vote pile-on against you? It's likely that either Vicious or Woody is lying and they've both put our collective nuts in a vise, but we still shouldn't vote for them. Yet. Now here's the part where you tell me I'm suspicious for not wanting to vote for either of them and we're probably in cahoots. ;)

You find Woody's explanation plausible?

Hell bro, I defended an innocent and am being chased into a corner for that. People over complicate the game sometimes.

Doggin said it... lynch all liars. Everyone is more the 75% sure Woody is a liar. He should be lynched.

Wow, Vic is off my radar for now. vote:woody

If the rest of the town agrees with going that route and going after thor that's ok with me.

My only point to you who say "we can't lynch Woody" is that if you feel strongly he's lying, then its' telling us ALL something. I feel like we're all 90/10 on his guilt, yet we're letting that 10% dictate the play. Don't you think that's what he wanted?

And if he is the doctor then we were wrong, I'm dead for sure, but at least you have a shot at take some more of the mafia out.

We cant lynch Woody for the same reason we cant lynch you. That entire 2nd paragraph you wrote, can be turned back around on you.

I honestly dont buy both of your role reveals. I dont buy Woody's at all. You seem more likely to be telling the truth.

The 2 of you really had no reason to reveal and look what has taken place since. Its a ballsy plan on both parts, but it could be damn near brilliant if you are both scum.

There is part of me that thinks that the town was on to something and you guys devised a plan to reveal the most pro-town roles that you could think of....it doesnt make sense cuz you werent feeling that much heat, but its on the back of my mind.

My suggestion to the town is to put heat on the 2 most inactive players. War and Thor are my 2 subjects I would go after to start make talking.

BTW, Woody has still yet to post since his reveal.

We cant lynch Woody for the same reason we cant lynch you. That entire 2nd paragraph you wrote, can be turned back around on you.

I honestly dont buy both of your role reveals. I dont buy Woody's at all. You seem more likely to be telling the truth.

The 2 of you really had no reason to reveal and look what has taken place since. Its a ballsy plan on both parts, but it could be damn near brilliant if you are both scum.

There is part of me that thinks that the town was on to something and you guys devised a plan to reveal the most pro-town roles that you could think of....it doesnt make sense cuz you werent feeling that much heat, but its on the back of my mind.

My suggestion to the town is to put heat on the 2 most inactive players. War and Thor are my 2 subjects I would go after to start make talking.

BTW, Woody has still yet to post since his reveal.

I'm sure it can be turned around. I told you guys why I did.

Had votes starting to come against me not many, but lots of suspicions. CTM made a post about cops revealing themselves and getting doctor protection. JVOR pretty much drew a line in the sand and said "you're gonna have to tell us" due to my **** up of basically saying "Hey I have an important role." I figured if I came forward and was honest I'd get protection from the doctor. Woody kinda changed that.

I essentially role revealed in order to corect my screw up. I todl the mafia "i'm important" if you look back essentially. WP just said it straight forward, that was like the 2nd meaningful post he made. I had been talking and defending myself for quite a bit prior to screwing up/reveal.

You find Woody's explanation plausible?

His "I'm the doctor" explanation? I'm not sold he's a zombie or a townie. His "busy with school work" explanation? Yeah. Last game, I had work out the hiney and I wasn't able to participate as much as I wanted.

As for CTM or Doggin - they're the two most experienced players in this game so I'm going to be suspicious of them no matter what. I never said I was suspicious of you.

Like I said, I know for a fact all I'm gonna find out is townie or mafia. Not "role of" townie and "role of" mafia.

There is no other cop so I'm not even gonna get into it.

You might be telling the truth, but unfortunately for us the mafia is capable of doing what you are saying you are capable of. They don't know what roles are out there, but can verify innocence and guilt.

You might be telling the truth, but unfortunately for us the mafia is capable of doing what you are saying you are capable of. They don't know what roles are out there, but can verify innocence and guilt.

Ya know what. I'm done here. I"m tired of trying to explain myself if EVERYTHING I'm saying is doubted. You all want to not lynch Woody fine. Lynch me. I'm not posting until I'm dead or you guys choose to believe me. I have done nothing but defend myself yet Mr. WP is walking free and has made a 20th of the posts I have.

Unvote: Woody

Vote: Vicious

In Vicious' defense, with exception of JiF's power in the last game, every cop power I have heard of had a simple innocent or guilty response to an investigation, so that's likely the case here as well.

As far as the timing of the reveals goes, which a few people have brought up, its the reason I'm a little more inclined to believe Vicious of the two. Honestly, his just seem like a legitimate ****-up (no offense), as he would really have no reason for revealing or even hinting at a reveal that early on, whether its truthful or he's mafia. To be mafia and do that would have to be deliberate, and I just don't see the benefit in it, unless they were counting on a counter-claim and figured they'd be willing to trade one of their own lives if it meant finding out who the cop was. To actually be the cop and do it could be an innocent mistake.

Woody on the other hand, had a more "logical" reveal point. If I'm not mistaken, Woody was within a few votes of lynch so his timing was more traditional in when someone would role reveal in order to save themselves. But on the same token, it would also make sense for that to be the time for a fake reveal by the mafia to save themselves as well. So unfortunately, that alone doesn't clear things up one way or the other.

In Vicious' defense, with exception of JiF's power in the last game, every cop power I have heard of had a simple innocent or guilty response to an investigation, so that's likely the case here as well.

As far as the timing of the reveals goes, which a few people have brought up, its the reason I'm a little more inclined to believe Vicious of the two. Honestly, his just seem like a legitimate ****-up (no offense), as he would really have no reason for revealing or even hinting at a reveal that early on, whether its truthful or he's mafia. To be mafia and do that would have to be deliberate, and I just don't see the benefit in it, unless they were counting on a counter-claim and figured they'd be willing to trade one of their own lives if it meant finding out who the cop was. To actually be the cop and do it could be an innocent mistake.

Woody on the other hand, had a more "logical" reveal point. If I'm not mistaken, Woody was within a few votes of lynch so his timing was more traditional in when someone would role reveal in order to save themselves. But on the same token, it would also make sense for that to be the time for a fake reveal by the mafia to save themselves as well. So unfortunately, that alone doesn't clear things up one way or the other.

Plus no matter how close Woody got last game, he never role revealed when he was innocent.

I role revealed last game for the same reason. That's why I screwed up, n00bish thinking.

I'm glad you at least see plausibility in my defense. I'm sitting here taking shots while Woody gets a free pass.

Plus no matter how close Woody got last game, he never role revealed when he was innocent.

I role revealed last game for the same reason. That's why I screwed up, n00bish thinking.

I'm glad you at least see plausibility in my defense. I'm sitting here taking shots while Woody gets a free pass.

I'm not giving Woody a free pass at all. There's not much he can do that would make me consider him to be innocent. He reeks of mafia. My goal right now is to try and see if you actually are innocent or not. However, I'll stop belaboring the point for now.

Thor and War Ensemble is still the way to go IMO.

From a mafia standpoint, role revealing as doctor is a great move when close to town lynching you. It forces the real doctor to stand up, in turn taking him out of the game (unless he keeps protecting himself) in the night phase. If the doctor does not stand up, Woody survives and continues to kill innocents. I don't know what to think of it.

Ya know what. I'm done here. I"m tired of trying to explain myself if EVERYTHING I'm saying is doubted. You all want to not lynch Woody fine. Lynch me. I'm not posting until I'm dead or you guys choose to believe me. I have done nothing but defend myself yet Mr. WP is walking free and has made a 20th of the posts I have.

Unvote: Woody

Vote: Vicious

Dude, relax.

Nobody is voting you. We are talking about whats going on. You keep talking about WP getting off free, but the has 3 votes on him and you have ZERO from anyone but yourself.

And why should everyone be 100% committed to believing your role reveal? Because you said so? Its very logical to question what you did because it made no sense, n00b mistake or not. This game is all about throwing around suspicion and calling peoples bluff. You have made yourself a target for that type of activity.

And I have already stated, like many others have, that they dont believe WP. I dont believe him for split second, but just like you, we cant reasonably lynch him right now...at least not IMO.

"Putting votes here is always a mistake"

-Everybody :)

What would you recommend as the best course of action?

Go after Thor--he's been really inactive. :)

Actually, can you summarize what has happened with this whole cop/doctor thing? I'm really busy today so I'll give a quick ruling, but after today I'll be back like normal and I have off Friday. So...

"Putting votes here is always a mistake"

-Everybody :)

What would you recommend as the best course of action?

+ 1.

I would like to see what Doggin and CTM have to say, but I would like an explanation why you thinking voting is a bad idea?

In addition to that post, I have stayed on Woody the entire time without wavering. Because I know he's scum and his reveal only further solidified that. Everyone else keeps voting this person and that person. At least I'm sure of my convictions.

Not true, I have voted you from the start and now have switched to Woody because his role reveal is about 20% scummier than yours. It's slightly plausible you slipped up, it's obvious Woody didn't have to reveal.

Dude, relax.

Nobody is voting you. We are talking about whats going on. You keep talking about WP getting off free, but the has 3 votes on him and you have ZERO from anyone but yourself.

And why should everyone be 100% committed to believing your role reveal? Because you said so? Its very logical to question what you did because it made no sense, n00b mistake or not. This game is all about throwing around suspicion and calling peoples bluff. You have made yourself a target for that type of activity.

And I have already stated, like many others have, that they dont believe WP. I dont believe him for split second, but just like you, we cant reasonably lynch him right now...at least not IMO.

Sorry boys, it's been a freaking emotional day.

As you know I put in a bid on a house yesterday, it's been stressful, we were kind forced into situation as i'm in a townhome, renting, now with my wife and son. Long story short the stock market isn't gonna get any better, alot better, anytime soon and we didn't want to get locked into renting because our down payment is in stocks. We've been looking and found the dream home this weekend, put in a bid, and we went back and forth.

But they just accepted our bid! I'm hoping the home inspection goes well, once it does I'm a home owner. Feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders for now.

As you know I put in a bid on a house yesterday, it's been stressful, we were kind forced into situation as i'm in a townhome, renting, now with my wife and son. Long story short the stock market isn't gonna get any better, alot better, anytime soon and we didn't want to get locked into renting because our down payment is in stocks. We've been looking and found the dream home this weekend, put in a bid, and we went back and forth.

But they just accepted our bid! I'm hoping the home inspection goes well, once it does I'm a home owner. Feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders for now.

Congrats dude. It's a big day you should go out an celebrate. :cheers:

Hopefully the new place has a large tub, so you can relax with some scented candles and soothing bubble bath... you pu$$y.

Archived