Aces Wild: Sabathia and Santana Thread

Morrissey

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance the mets could start him every game? It's pretty much their only hope.

yeah...omar is an idiot. so yeah, i looks like he fixed the bullpen. too bad it looks like, except for johan, we have no one to get the ball to them now. i'm not gonna write them off yet though. let's see by the end of june what they look like. april is a funny month.

Since the thread author only appears to update when CC hase the rare good outing.

Sabathia (1-1) gave up seven runs -- six earned for the 2nd time in 4 starts -- on six hits over 6 2/3 Wednesday. He walked four and only had two strikeouts. Sabathia's ERA is 4.81 with a 1.60 WHIP this season.

It doesnt matter what Johan does, the METS suck and outside of him they have no pitching.

this wasn't supposed to be a thread abotu whether or not the mets pitching overall was good or not. just santana vs. sabathia. so,l in this thread, it matters what johan does. don't worry your 200 million geam won't make the play-offs either.

It doesnt matter what Johan does, the METS suck and outside of him they have no pitching.

Um, yes it does.

The Yanks could have had Santana, but did not want to give up Hughes. Or Ian Kennedy for that matter.

Phil Hughes for arguably the best pitcher since Pedro Martinez. :confused:

WTF is that?

He was plenty good for the first six.

Yeah so was Masterson. :bag:

Um, yes it does.

The Yanks could have had Santana, but did not want to give up Hughes. Or Ian Kennedy for that matter.

Phil Hughes for arguably the best pitcher since Pedro Martinez. :confused:

This is my quote about Hughes from back in 2007 when the trade talks were happening:

Trade Phil Hughes? I would say no to packaging Philip Hughes in a deal for almost any player.

For Johan Santana? It was nice knowing you Phil. I will drive you to the airport.

We KNOW what Johan is and what he will be for the next 5 to 8 years. Hughes may be great one day, Johan is currently as good as they come and is also relatively young.

It is a no brainer. You trade a "could be" for a "currently is" EVERY FRICKEN TIME.

Let Hughes experience growing pains in Minny and let him develop there. IF he becomes what Johan is then sign him when he becomes a FA.

Santana is great, but **** that. I am against trading for the right to give a guy a contract only two or three teams can afford. I don't want to give up quality players or prospects for what is essentially a free agent.

FWIW, I think Sabathia will be heating up plenty going forward.

Santana is great, but **** that. I am against trading for the right to give a guy a contract only two or three teams can afford. I don't want to give up quality players or prospects for what is essentially a free agent.

FWIW, I think Sabathia will be heating up plenty going forward.

Sabathia will not only heat up but by the all-star break not too many people will be questioning his signing. I loved the CC signing and I think he will pitch us into the playoffs over the next few years. That doesn't change the fact that he is no Johan (nobody is). I love CC and he is a top tier front of the rotation guy... Johan is just in a league by himself.

I said right from the start of this thread-this comparison was a joke!

But you know if CC was 3-1 Omar bashers would be saying "we should have signed him" instead of saying "we should have signed Lowe".

Hindsight is 20/20 and so convenient.

But you know if CC was 3-1 Omar bashers would be saying "we should have signed him" instead of saying "we should have signed Lowe".

Hindsight is 20/20 and so convenient.

While Lowe's ERA is approaching 4. Not that we wouldn't take that compared to Ollie.

Archived