2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Number 1 seed no doubt. If AO is out for a while though, they won't go far.

Yeah, I'd say Sweet Sixteen, maybe Elite Eight. Final Four would be out of the question.

JB only uses a 7 man rotation this year. I'm praying AO will be good to go.

I didn't think SU was going to make the FF before the injury but if it is serious I'm not sure they make it out of the first weekend. Hopefully he's healthy though so SU has a legit shot.

So much for winning the ACC Tourney but at least they played much better than they did against duke. It looks like they will play in the NIT, hopefully it can let them leave this season feeling positive and I expect Carolina basketball will be back to normal next year.

I didn't think SU was going to make the FF before the injury but if it is serious I'm not sure they make it out of the first weekend. Hopefully he's healthy though so SU has a legit shot.

So much for winning the ACC Tourney but at least they played much better than they did against duke. It looks like they will play in the NIT, hopefully it can let them leave this season feeling positive and I expect Carolina basketball will be back to normal next year.

Bye Bye Heels!!

From NCAA champs to NCAA chumps, As I said before RW is most overrated coach in

NCAA history.

Bye Bye Heels!!

From NCAA champs to NCAA chumps, As I said before RW is most overrated coach in

NCAA history.

yep, nothing says overrated like 5 FFs and 2 National titles in 8 years.:rolleyes:

I hope you enjoyed this year b/c it will be a while before we see another like it and as tough as it was it was much easier to take knowing the heels just won the National title w/ the best team CBB has seen since about '96 UK.

With all the talent UNC has and the ACC is down as a whole, UNC should never be this bad.

It happens to every major program at some point. UCONN was god awful this year.

It's happened to kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Duke etc

yup, shiit happens.

But u always get idiot turds who come out of closet cause they are jealous and need to chirp ;)

good luck cuse and nova for the guys who post in here :D

It happens to every major program at some point. UCONN was god awful this year.

It's happened to kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Duke etc

No, not after a championship year. Just heard Hubert Davis say, they will be bad next year too, not as bad but still bad.

Most losses ever by a team in year after team won a title

No, not after a championship year. Just heard Hubert Davis say, they will be bad next year too, not as bad but still bad.

The entire team graduated or left. It happens.

With all the talent UNC has and the ACC is down as a whole, UNC should never be this bad.

I agree but keep in mind this team wasn't bad before all the injuries.

Carolina will be a top 15 type team next year, mark it down. Harrison Barnes and Reggie Bullock are prgram changers and if Davis is back w/ a HEALTHY Zeller, improving Henson, Wears, Drew, McDonald, Stricklnad, etc... plus a great PG prospect in kendall Marshall. I will absolutley guarantee 100% Carolina will be nowhere near as bad next year. They will be back to normal, thye might not win a title but they'll be a contender in the ACC and beyond again.

Carolina will be a top 15 type team next year, mark it down. Harrison Barnes and Reggie Bullock are prgram changers and if Davis is back w/ a HEALTHY Zeller, improving Henson, Wears, Drew, McDonald, Stricklnad, etc... plus a great PG prospect in kendall Marshall. I will absolutley guarantee 100% Carolina will be nowhere near as bad next year. They will be back to normal, thye might not win a title but they'll be a contender in the ACC and beyond again.

Yeah it's not like they do not replace them with parade all-americans. In a down year for ACC, your injury excuse is lame

The injuries did hurt them, but I am still shocked they didn't show up vs. Duke, I couldn't believe it. I honestly am not a UNC hater.

Evan Turner is such a monster.

It's pathetic that John Wall gets so much damn attention and hype when Turner has been 5x as good as him this whole season.

If Turner doesn't win NPOY, it will be an absolute heist.

Yeah it's not like they do not replace them with parade all-americans. In a down year for ACC, your injury excuse is lame

The heels lost their 4 best players(2 of them early) and valuable bench players. They were a really young team this year and Ginyard was never healthy, Ed Davis msised a good chunk of the year, Zeller missed a good chunk of the year and they had numerous other injuries. I hate the excuse too but it's a valid one. Reagrdless of all that they had a bad year and it happens. They'll be back to normal next year, I just hope to see you commenting then.

The heels lost their 4 best players(2 of them early) and valuable bench players. They were a really young team this year and Ginyard was never healthy, Ed Davis msised a good chunk of the year, Zeller missed a good chunk of the year and they had numerous other injuries. I hate the excuse too but it's a valid one. Reagrdless of all that they had a bad year and it happens. They'll be back to normal next year, I just hope to see you commenting then.

Cry me a river, the ACC was beyond awful this year, maybe 3 teams in dance, Good coaches reload year after year, roy can only with above elite talent. A fraud I tell

you.

Evan Turner is such a monster.

It's pathetic that John Wall gets so much damn attention and hype when Turner has been 5x as good as him this whole season.

Lol!! Five times as good as the best player in the entire NCAA!?! Dream on...

I was surprised that Syracuse got such an easy draw. Especially as the 4th rated number one seed. There is no reason why they shouldn't get to the Final Four.

Kentucky got a rough draw. Possibly Texas in the second round, Wisconsin in the Sweet Sixteen, West Virginia in the Final Eight. Not sure they'll make it out of the East Region.

I was surprised that Syracuse got such an easy draw. Especially as the 4th rated number one seed. There is no reason why they shouldn't get to the Final Four.

Kentucky got a rough draw. Possibly Texas in the second round, Wisconsin in the Sweet Sixteen, West Virginia in the Final Eight. Not sure they'll make it out of the East Region.

I wouldnt say that... Gonzaga, Vandy, PiTT, and KState are all very good teams. Gonzaga would have probably been a 5 seed if it werent for one bad loss that came late in the season. Vermont is also as good a 16 team as theres been lately. I agree though, Syracuse is the best team in that bracket and should get to the final four.

I'd actually argue that Cuse has the toughest road to the Final 4 of anyone. While K-State and Pittsburgh (the 2 and 3-seeds) don't scare me much, the region is VERY tough top-to-bottom. The teams I have Syracuse facing to get to the Final 4 (Vermont, FSU, Butler, BYU) may lack talent, but they're ALL grind-it-out, blue collar, stab-you-rather-than-give-up-an-open-jumper kind of teams. Collectively, that's a road that will wear a team down.

Also, don't sleep TOO much on Vermont. They are the strongest 16-seed, easily, with senior forward Marqus Blakely (17.4 ppg, 9.4 rpg) leading the way. It seems like Blakely has been there forever, and there's a decent chance he gets drafted this summer.

No road to the Final Four is going to be a walk in the park for any of the top seeds.

Definitely not. But I gave my reasons why. The toughest games in the tournament are NOT the match-ups with "finesse" teams who win because of that dribble-drive and kick-out, no defense, can't run a pick-and-roll to save my life, NBA bull*** style of basketball. That's the kind that made me want to throw-up while I was watching that Seton Hall-Providence abortion of a game in the Big East tourney.

If I'm Kansas, I'm looking at 9-seed Northern Iowa and going "uh-oh, those farm boys are tough". We're talking about football players in basketball bodies. The way I see it, it looks like Cuse may have to face FOUR teams where that's the case.

Definitely not. But I gave my reasons why. The toughest games in the tournament are NOT the match-ups with "finesse" teams who win because of that dribble-drive and kick-out, no defense, can't run a pick-and-roll to save my life, NBA bull*** style of basketball. That's the kind that made me want to throw-up while I was watching that Seton Hall-Providence abortion of a game in the Big East tourney.

Well I share your distaste for the NBA. I mean I will watch it from time to time as long as the NFL, Nascar, MLB, or NCAA football or hoops isn't on TV.

No road to the Final Four is going to be a walk in the park for any of the top seeds.

duke has the easiest road I have ever seen but thankfully they'll blow it like usual.

I think your team is a year away, I think they'll get picked off before Indy. I wouldn't be shocked if none of the top seeds made the FF.

duke has the easiest road I have ever seen but thankfully they'll blow it like usual.

I think your team is a year away, I think they'll get picked off before Indy. I wouldn't be shocked if none of the top seeds made the FF.

Enjoy the NIT

Duke stinks as does entire ACC this year

Archived