2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

Enjoy the NIT

Duke stinks as does entire ACC this year

I will enjoy it, it's not often the Heels get a chance to play in the NIT and it will be a good learning experience for a young team. We'll be back to normal next year.

who is your team?

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
duke has the easiest road I have ever seen but thankfully they'll blow it like usual.

I think your team is a year away, I think they'll get picked off before Indy. I wouldn't be shocked if none of the top seeds made the FF.

There has never been a year where all 4 1-seed got picked off before the Final 4, and I don't expect that to change this year.

In fact, the gap between the top seeds and the middle of the pack has never been wider than in this tournament. 5 teams AT MOST have a chance to win the title, and I'd personally limit it to just 2 (Kansas or Kentucky).

Teams like, say, Baylor, Kansas State, Villanova and Pittsburgh are all 2 or 3-seeds, yet outside of perhaps Baylor I don't see any of them reaching the Elite 8, let alone a title game. They may even get beat before the Sweet 16.

I will enjoy it, it's not often the Heels get a chance to play in the NIT and it will be a good learning experience for a young team. We'll be back to normal next year.

who is your team?

Colorado, i am a B1g12 supporter

There has never been a year where all 4 1-seed got picked off before the Final 4, and I don't expect that to change this year.

In fact, the gap between the top seeds and the middle of the pack has never been wider than in this tournament. 5 teams AT MOST have a chance to win the title, and I'd personally limit it to just 2 (Kansas or Kentucky).

Teams like, say, Baylor, Kansas State, Villanova and Pittsburgh are all 2 or 3-seeds, yet outside of perhaps Baylor I don't see any of them reaching the Elite 8, let alone a title game. They may even get beat before the Sweet 16.

It happened as recently as 2006 where no #1s made the FF.

There are no great teams in CBB this year, there's no a 1009 UNC, 2008 KU, Memphis, UNC, UCLA, there is not a 2007 UF. KU and UK are really good(SU is right there w/ them) but when duke is the 3rd #1 that tells you how weak CBB is this year.

No kidding. Villanova looks like ****, and I have them in my FF.

I'm really regretting not picking Duke in that region. I think they are better than every team.

agree they looked horrid..

BUT, NCAA history is laden with good teams who survived a scare vs low ranked team and used that to make a nice run..

It either wakes them up and they make a run , or they lose next round if they play same way..

No kidding. Villanova looks like ****, and I have them in my FF.

I'm really regretting not picking Duke in that region. I think they are better than every team.

Trust me(this time- unlike the ND pick), duke will find a way to blow it no matter how easy the bracket is.

agree they looked horrid..

BUT, NCAA history is laden with good teams who survived a scare vs low ranked team and used that to make a nice run..

It either wakes them up and they make a run , or they lose next round if they play same way..

Yesterday wasn't just a fluke for Nova though. They've been playing like crap for well over a month. I think St. Mary's beats them.

Yesterday wasn't just a fluke for Nova though. They've been playing like crap for well over a month. I think St. Mary's beats them.

Good call! Omar Samhan is tearing up the South Region. Of course I picked Villanova to make the Final Four. :bag:

Did UNC-Wilmington get demoted to D-4 yet?

Nice one. I'm well aware of my school's downfall as a basketball program. Rest assured we'll be back.

I'm also well aware that despite millions upon millions of dollars, enormous budgets, and all the resources needed to succeed (not to mention scores of smug fans like yourself shoving "The Big East is best" down everyone's throats all season), the Big East has as many teams remaining in the dance as the West Coast Conference. Nice work.

Nice one. I'm well aware of my school's downfall as a basketball program. Rest assured we'll be back.

I'm also well aware that despite millions upon millions of dollars, enormous budgets, and all the resources needed to succeed (not to mention scores of smug fans like yourself shoving "The Big East is best" down everyone's throats all season), the Big East has as many teams remaining in the dance as the West Coast Conference. Nice work.

West Virginia

Pitt

Syracuse

SMC

Gonzaga

???

Archived