2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is your take on ND without Harangody beating GU at home, something Duke couldn't do?

You think GU got up for the ND game the way they did for duke? The duke game is the biggest on their sched every year when they play. ND lost to Northwestern and loyola marymount- duke wouldn't lose to those teams, they also lost to UConn and St. john's and duke beat both of those teams.

Someone has ACC envy.

Just showing your Big East denial.

You think GU got up for the ND game the way they did for duke? The duke game is the biggest on their sched every year when they play. ND lost to Northwestern and loyola marymount- duke wouldn't lose to those teams, they also lost to UConn and St. john's and duke beat both of those teams.

Someone has ACC envy.

Congrats on the big win over 'Nova 'Cuse fans.

Appreciated. Hope they keep this up until April.

-----

I think Boeheim should sit Johnson out until AT LEAST the Big East Tournament. Need to get him as healthy as possible for the NCAA Tourney run. I think it's safe to say Syracuse has a #1 seed locked up just as much as KU and UK at this point.

Appreciated. Hope they keep this up until April.

-----

I think Boeheim should sit Johnson out until AT LEAST the Big East Tournament. Need to get him as healthy as possible for the NCAA Tourney run. I think it's safe to say Syracuse has a #1 seed locked up just as much as KU and UK at this point.

That would be smart but it's tough, Roy had no choice last year w/ Lawson but if he didn't it would have been tough to do what they did in the NCAAs. good luck in the Tourney.

That would be smart but it's tough, Roy had no choice last year w/ Lawson but if he didn't it would have been tough to do what they did in the NCAAs. good luck in the Tourney.

I think Lawson's turf-toe was a scarier injury than what Wes has now. All Wes has is a lingering hand injury, with which some rest, should probably heal. Turf-toe can be a bitch and it can be really hard to get better. Especially since Lawson's injury was JUST before the tourney. UNC doesn't make that run if Lawson isn't 90%+.

I think Wes will be back come NCAA time.

Big East regular season wraps up today with Syracuse @ Louisville at 2 PM. The Cuse looks to get revenge against the Ville in the final game at Freedom Hall. Syracuse has yet to lose on the road.

Well that didn't happen. Soon to be ex #1 Syracuse ran into a buzz saw against Louisville.

How could UNC not even show up last night? Wow.

Seriously...

By the way, you see the new study the Big10 sponsored by some Chicago - based research group? Apparently they are looking to add one team (to make 12) or 5 teams (to make 16). So they had a research company conduct a study of five schools they would consider adding... Something to do with money each school would gain from being added, and what the income to the conference could be if they were added to the Big10. The five schools studied? Rutgers, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Missouri, and Notre Dame.

IF this happens (hell, if even one team moves to the B10)...It would probably spell the end of the Big East as we know it. I just wish the Big East would be more preemptive in obtaining some sort of stability... But there is no sense of stability anywhere in the conference. From a monetary standpoint, football, the biggest money-maker, is the weak link... There is one 16 team basketball league (not even two divisions), and only an eight team football league. The schools in the league vary humongous amounts in terms of size, fanbases, money etc...

With the money out there in some of these conference looking to expand...It would be almost impossible for a Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, WV, LVILLE, etc. to turn it down to stay in the Big East.

LINK:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4959107

How could UNC not even show up last night? Wow.

It continues a theme for the season. This team is so beat up, I'm still disappointed the guys that played didn't compete but even the "healthy" guys were ebanged up. It's just one of those years, I full expect Carolina basketball to be back to normal next year.

It continues a theme for the season. This team is so beat up, I'm still disappointed the guys that played didn't compete but even the "healthy" guys were ebanged up. It's just one of those years, I full expect Carolina basketball to be back to normal next year.

I was shocked they didn't show up. I was hoping for a good game. Maryland seems to be getting hot at the right time. ACC tournament could get interesting, I do not think Duke is going to win it.

G'town vs. Cuse tomorrow! Good game coming up!!

Boeheim should also be getting National Coach of the Year sometime soon...Also wouldnt be shocked if Kris Joseph got National 6th Man of the Year... He definitely has to be considered.

I will be interesting to see where Cuse gets seeded.

They should still be a one seed. They've been one of the top teams all year. A loss at Louisville in a game they had nothing to play for and a loss today shouldn't knock them off the top line. They only lost one road game all year and won the regular season title in the best conference in the nation.

Archived