2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus. I would never say that. I mean I like NCAA hoops, but I LOVE the NFL.

Yeah, this stuff doesn't even come close to the NFL.

Its nice, but eh. After the 1st 2 rounds, its mostly boring regulars, and barely any Cinderalla storys left. Only games left that are intriguing will be the ones in which Northen Iowa and St. Mary's play in, or if any other 9-16 seeds make it between tonight/tomorrow.

Jesus. I would never say that. I mean I like NCAA hoops, but I LOVE the NFL.

I love NCAA hoops and I really love the NFL. I just think this particular tournament is the best in sports. The only thing that could top it is a Jets Super Bowl.

Nice one. I'm well aware of my school's downfall as a basketball program. Rest assured we'll be back.

I'm also well aware that despite millions upon millions of dollars, enormous budgets, and all the resources needed to succeed (not to mention scores of smug fans like yourself shoving "The Big East is best" down everyone's throats all season), the Big East has as many teams remaining in the dance as the West Coast Conference. Nice work.

"Smug"... hmm.. is that word supposed to refer to the a-hole posts you've made in THIS thread, or all the other pretentious bull**** you spread around this board?

WOW! Incredible win for Michigan State over Maryland!!!

Yeah, that was sick. I felt bad for Vasquez and the whole Maryland team. They battled their asses off.

Michigan State is just not the team to mess with in March.

Anyway, the Cuse keeps rolling and I'm loving this tournament!!!

Butler on Thursday night.

Cornell is a very, very good team.

Agreed. Seeing as my bracket is now toast, I'm rooting for a Cornell, Butler, N. Iowa and St. Mary's Final 4.

If nothing else, this year's tournament has shown why the field NEEDS a cinderella or 2. Not only is chalk boring, but the NBA-style major conference ball is by and large boring as well.

It's why March is the best month of sports. Better than the NFL Playoffs.

And I can say I like the NFL more than College Hoops easily.

I'm w/ you. The NFL is the best sport but nothing compares to March in college basketball.

Congrats SU fans and good luck next ewekend.

Sorry PS17, NOW there are 2 teams left. Didn't take Pitt long to make their grand exit. Again, nice work by the best basketball-first conference in the country. 2 teams make it out of the first weekend.

No coincidence those two teams play mostly zone

Was it fun watching Wright get outcoached 2 games in a row?

He wasn't really out-coached. In fact, had Scottie Reynolds shot a higher percentage than 12% on all of those wide-open shots he was gifted by St. Mary's, we would have won the game. You can't coach a player out of a case of the yips overnight.

No coincidence those two teams play mostly zone

In most years the teams that play mostly man really start to hit their stride come tourney time. Man-d improves over time, and Zone stays consistent.

'Cuse got GREAT execution on their Zone this year. Most Big East teams lost a lot of players from last year, however, which means that the man-d teams basically had to start gelling again from 0.

He wasn't really out-coached. In fact, had Scottie Reynolds shot a higher percentage than 12% on all of those wide-open shots he was gifted by St. Mary's, we would have won the game. You can't coach a player out of a case of the yips overnight.

Nova was given gifts in both games....Reynolds scored 20 points and made one bucket the entire game against Robert Morris. Pretty absurd.

Nova just played like crap the last month of the season.

The Robert Morris game Wright was clearly outcoached and his gameplan, lack there of, was horrible.

The St. Mary's game, you have to adjust if your star isn't hitting and St. Mary's big man has 32 points.

Nova was given gifts in both games....Reynolds scored 20 points and made one bucket the entire game against Robert Morris. Pretty absurd.

He hit two shots from the field for 5 points against Robert Morris.

Fair.

He hit two shots from the field for 5 points against Robert Morris.

Fair.

Did anyone else here see the article about this 17 year old autistic youth who currently still has a perfect bracket?

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/03/23/autistic-teen-has-perfect-ncaa-bracket/

If he nails his prediction of Purdue winning it all, I'll eat my hat.

This would suck because Syracuse wouldn't make the Final Four.

Anyway, great for that kid. The odds for a perfect bracket after the first two rounds are almost impossible. Too bad Purdue probably loses to Dook.

Archived