2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

Did anyone else here see the article about this 17 year old autistic youth who currently still has a perfect bracket?

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/03/23/autistic-teen-has-perfect-ncaa-bracket/

If he nails his prediction of Purdue winning it all, I'll eat my hat.

This would suck because Syracuse wouldn't make the Final Four.

Anyway, great for that kid. The odds for a perfect bracket after the first two rounds are almost impossible. Too bad Purdue probably loses to Dook.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The page count seems to be screwed up in this thread too. You click on the next page, and end up right back where you were before...

I just remember seeing his bracket a couple days ago and he had K-State over Cuse in the Elite Eight. Really hope that doesn't happen.

Anyway, Purdue is a real long shot anyway, but still good for the kid.

The page count seems to be screwed up in this thread too. You click on the next page, and end up right back where you were before...

I just remember seeing his bracket a couple days ago and he had K-State over Cuse in the Elite Eight. Really hope that doesn't happen.

Anyway, Purdue is a real long shot anyway, but still good for the kid.

ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!! GO CUSE!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, just got a text from a UK fan whose up at Syracuse for the East Regional games... Just told me "I was at the South Carolina game when people were throwing bottles, I watch WVU fans throw a temper tantrum on tv but NEVER did I think Id see a group of fans as classless as Syracuse fans".

You have no idea how horrible I felt for such stand-up, classy guys like John Calipari and DeMarcus Cousins. Im ashamed at my fellow Cuse fan for not bowing in their honor and kissing the ground they walked on. Ashamed I tell you, ASHAMED!!

P.S.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!! GO CUSE!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, just got a text from a UK fan whose up at Syracuse for the East Regional games... Just told me "I was at the South Carolina game when people were throwing bottles, I watch WVU fans throw a temper tantrum on tv but NEVER did I think Id see a group of fans as classless as Syracuse fans".

You have no idea how horrible I felt for such stand-up, classy guys like John Calipari and DeMarcus Cousins. Im ashamed at my fellow Cuse fan for not bowing in their honor and kissing the ground they walked on. Ashamed I tell you, ASHAMED!!

P.S.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that sucked.

Butler played their style for the whole game and deserved to win.

Another Sweet Sixteen flame-out for Syracuse.

*sigh

Hey man, it's no easy task for a team to make it that far.

Oh, I just realized I've been here for five years!

Hey man, it's no easy task for a team to make it that far.

It's just disappointing. Since their NC in '03, this team has put out three complete eggs in this round, for whatever reason. No reason they should have lost tonight. Boeheim was outcoached big time.

SHUT THE **** UP ASSCLOWN.

CAN ****ING BELIEVE SYRACUSE JUST ENDED ITS SEASON BY GETTING UPSET BY BUTLER ONLY TO SEE YOUR SLIME-BALL "COACH" AND ASSHAT TEAM PLAYIN ON OUR ****ING COURT. ****ING DISGRACEFUL

Chill dog, you guys had a good run and will be back next season. Give Kentucky some credit, they're winning basically a road game against a solid Cornell team.

Chill dog, you guys had a good run and will be back next season. Give Kentucky some credit, they're winning basically a road game against a solid Cornell team.

Its like getting stabbed in the balls immediately followed by a punch to the gut. The whole Kentucky winning part is just the finishing punch to the face. Without Cuse in the way, they title is theirs. Im disgusted.

SHUT THE **** UP ASSCLOWN.

CAN ****ING BELIEVE SYRACUSE JUST ENDED ITS SEASON BY GETTING UPSET BY BUTLER ONLY TO SEE YOUR SLIME-BALL "COACH" AND ASSHAT TEAM PLAYIN ON OUR ****ING COURT. ****ING DISGRACEFUL

How long have you been working on this acting like a 12 year old bit, because you're really good at it.

How long have you been working on this acting like a 12 year old bit, because you're really good at it.

LMAO please, UK fans are probably the most arrogant, cry-baby fanbase in the nation. Im just disgusted that we had a chance to win a national championship and because of 1 bad game we're pretty much handing it to a team whose coach will undoubtedly get it vacated for cheating. Oh, and speaking of acting like twelve year olds...How long is Cousins going to last in the NBA without getting suspended and/or arrested? My over/under bet is 1 year...Im taking the under.

LMAO please, UK fans are probably the most arrogant, cry-baby fanbase in the nation. Im just disgusted that we had a chance to win a national championship and because of 1 bad game we're pretty much handing it to a team whose coach will undoubtedly get it vacated for cheating. Oh, and speaking of acting like twelve year olds...How long is Cousins going to last in the NBA without getting suspended and/or arrested? My over/under bet is 1 year...Im taking the under.

I'm glad you're finally able to laugh a bit. It's part of growing up. And FWIW, I had Syracuse locked into my final four. To make it clear to you I was rooting for them tonight.

I'm glad you're finally able to laugh a bit. It's part of growing up. And FWIW, I had Syracuse locked into my final four. To make it clear to you I was rooting for them tonight.

And I was not rooting for Kentucky, glad we're clear. Sorry in advance that this great season of yours will be erased from the record books.

Its like getting stabbed in the balls immediately followed by a punch to the gut. The whole Kentucky winning part is just the finishing punch to the face. Without Cuse in the way, they title is theirs. Im disgusted.

Really, you're calling it for Kentucky already? In the most unpredictable NCAA Tournament in, well, ever?

West Virginia, the best rebounding team in the nation (notice a lot of "easy boards" for UK tonight? Won't happen against WVU), stands in their way. Duke/Baylor/Purdue/St. Mary's does too, all of which are capable of pulling the upset (though I must say I'm surprised the Boilermakers have made it this far). If its Duke, consider that this is one of Coach K's best teams since their last national title. And every single team on the opposite side of the bracket are also very impressive teams. Not one team remaining plays with any fear whatsoever.

There is no way you can say Syracuse was Kentucky's only road block to a title, that's just plain arrogant.

Really, you're calling it for Kentucky already? In the most unpredictable NCAA Tournament in, well, ever?

West Virginia, the best rebounding team in the nation (notice a lot of "easy boards" for UK tonight? Won't happen against WVU), stands in their way. Duke/Baylor/Purdue/St. Mary's does too, all of which are capable of pulling the upset (though I must say I'm surprised the Boilermakers have made it this far). If its Duke, consider that this is one of Coach K's best teams since their last national title. And every single team on the opposite side of the bracket are also very impressive teams. Not one team remaining plays with any fear whatsoever.

There is no way you can say Syracuse was Kentucky's only road block to a title, that's just plain arrogant.

You're right, those are all good teams...That Kentucky is better than. I think UK has more talent then any team in the nation, including Syracuse. Just that Syracuse's zone would have given UK fits IMO. IOTW, every one of their players can score on any one of everyone else's, but all five might struggle against all five of syracuse's.

You're right, those are all good teams...That Kentucky is better than. I think UK has more talent then any team in the nation, including Syracuse. Just that Syracuse's zone would have given UK fits IMO. IOTW, every one of their players can score on any one of everyone else's, but all five might struggle against all five of syracuse's.

And I can say that Kansas State coach Frank Martin would beat up all 5 Kentucky players. As good as Syracuse's defense is, their players don't live in constant fear of Jim Boeheim. K-State could beat Kentucky.

Scoop and Rautins took some terrible shots at the end of that game. Did Johnson even touch the ball in the last 4 minutes?

This

Why was Johnson not the focal point of the O down the stretch with the 4 point lead absolutly pissed about this, and don't get me started on Rick Jackson he single handley cost the Cuse the game, well him and the Refs I almost thought this game was fixed the way the Refs called this game how was there no foul when Rautins got Raped with the score 54-53 that might have cost the Cuse the game right there Andy would have made 2 FT's and then you have a completly different ball game. Oh well it was very depressing to say the least wait till next year.

Archived