SNY Daily News Live: Jets WR?

stoicsentry

Mets game just ended, afterwards the guy from daily news live came on and said to stay tuned because they're about to tell you how the Jets "may be on the verge of filling in their hole at WR".. Tune into SNY. I'm eager to hear this.

Probably close to making an offer to Miles Austin ....

Probably close to making an offer to Miles Austin ....

I hope not. "On the verge" should never be used in an excited tone of voice when referring to Miles Austin. If that's what they mean then I'm boycotting Daily News Live from here on in, as much as I love Benigno.

they better not do this...a second rounder is way too much

How do you know (you don't) the price is a 2nd rounder? Sure, he's tendered for that, but trades happen all the time. Dallas had to tender him with the mid-tender because a low tender on Austin would result in 0 compensation.

He would be an instant #2 WR on this team... what WR can be drafted in the 2nd round and have the same impact... not to mention he would most likely lead the team in TD's and Rec Avg... he is fast and explosive with good size...

What a mistake getting him would be,...

I dont even think the JETS will be able to get him... the Cowboys wioll Match the offer...

He would be an instant #2 WR on this team... what WR can be drafted in the 2nd round and have the same impact... not to mention he would most likely lead the team in TD's and Rec Avg... he is fast and explosive with good size...

I dont even think the JETS will be able to get him... the Cowboys wioll Match the offer...

THe Jets may not match the offer if we pay Austin. I figure that the only truely instant impact for a team at WR is a WR that we will not get. If we sign Austin then that will open things up for that 17th spot for us. We'll be able to relaly spice things up with that pick. We can take sanchez, trade up, trade down and posibly get a number 2 pic back etc. Bottom line is that unless the dude completely sucks which he doesnt Austin would only be opening situations up for the Jets.

Prediction: IF the Jets sign this guy I think they'll make a true run at getting Raji.

Raji learning from Jenkins, as well as satisfying the backup spot...that'll be something special.

LAME

For starting this thread I will put the bag on .

:bag:

Sorry guys.

It's not your fault. It's SNY. FWIW, I don't think the guy has even been in yet. He was scheduled for Thursday and now I think it's been pushed to tomorrow. That doesn't constitute about to make an offer, if they make an offer the Cowboys may match or the Jets may not want to pay the price to the Cowboys and if they sign him they won't necessarily have filled their hole at WR. This is like your aunt telling everybody how much money your cousin is going to make and what he's going to do with it just because he has a job interview in a few days.

How do you know this? What exactly has he done in his career to convince you that he would instantly be a #2 here?

Because he's fast and tall?

:rolleyes:

How do you know this? What exactly has he done in his career to convince you that he would instantly be a #2 here?

Because he's fast and tall?

:rolleyes:

Have you watched him play? The minute I saw him on the field I went and scooped him up for my fantasy team... he is explosive off the line and gets open deep... he turns his head for the ball and seems to be very aware of what is around him... and yes he is fast and tall as well...

He is a real deep threat... not a hope and dream deep threat like Clowney...

Have you watched him play? The minute I saw him on the field I went and scooped him up for my fantasy team... he is explosive off the line and gets open deep... he turns his head for the ball and seems to be very aware of what is around him... and yes he is fast and tall as well...

He is a real deep threat... not a hope and dream deep threat like Clowney...

Wow, and I'm sure he drew insanely tight coverage what with TO, Crayton, Barber and Whitten on the field. :rolleyes:

Wow, and I'm sure he drew insanely tight coverage what with TO, Crayton, Barber and Whitten on the field. :rolleyes:

He beat his man... its not like they left him alone on one side of the field...

You want him to be a proven WR to the point of drawing and beating double teams before you can agree he has good talent?

He came in the NFL at like 21 years old and is right at the point where WR's tend to break out... (year 3 and 4)...

How about the Packers game last year...

Miles - 2 catches - 115 Yards - 1TD - 65 Yards Long

TO - 2 catches for 17 yards - 0TD - 12 yards long

Oh and just to humor your unrealistic expectations of needed to be double covered...

HE WAS!

It was over when ...

Tony Romo stepped up in the pocket and connected with WR Miles Austin 52 yards downfield for a touchdown through double coverage, giving the Cowboys a 26-9 lead with nine minutes left.

Question for all those in favor of giving up a second round pick for Miles Austin...if another team offered a second round pick for Chansi Stcukey do you take it? Both flashed some potential, both have similar stats and both have the same odds of breaking out with a big year next year. If the Cowboys or any other team offered the deal I'm sure many of you would say take the pick. My point...why not save the pick and see if Stuckey can have the breakout year...

Second point...maybe we don't think a there is WR in the second round who has the potential for as big a breakout as either Stuckey or Austin...I could argue it but for now...I'll concede the point...but some of the players who could be on the board at 52 at positions of need for us are:

RB:

Donald Brown

Lesean McCoy

Shonn Greene

DE/DT:

Ziggy Hood

Fili Moala

Ron Brace

S:

William Moore

Rashard Johnson

Louis Delmas

Any of these players could contribute more to the JETS success in 2009 than Miles Austin. This potential deal smack of the trades for J-Mac and Doug Jolley and IMHO is the wrong move to make.

Question for all those in favor of giving up a second round pick for Miles Austin...if another team offered a second round pick for Chansi Stcukey do you take it? Both flashed some potential, both have similar stats and both have the same odds of breaking out with a big year next year. If the Cowboys or any other team offered the deal I'm sure many of you would say take the pick. My point...why not save the pick and see if Stuckey can have the breakout year...

I think the big difference is Austin's size - not that you should take that comment to mean I'm in favor of giving up a #2 for the guy.

Stuckey's physical attributes and skill set are a good fit for slot receiver. As of right now, he is our starting wideout because we have no one else to fill the position.

Stuckey is definitely a very under the radar player, and I expect him to improve as he gains experience and is able to stay healthy.

Austin brings something to the table for us because of his size. He would be a nice complement to Cotchery in a starting role. Austin would be our big target with an ability to do it all, Cotchery would be our possession reciever, Stuckey our slot reciever, and Clowney our deep threat.

I want this guy bad, but the Jets have too many holes they need to fill. This is a deep draft in terms of both RB and WR. I think the Jets should only trade for him if it's either for a 3rd or a 4th.

Miles Austin IMO has been underutilized in Dallas. He's been hurt, but I still think they could have used him more often. A 3rd or a 4th and Dallas has themselves a deal.

I think the big difference is Austin's size - not that you should take that comment to mean I'm in favor of giving up a #2 for the guy.

At least you not in favor of giving up a second round pick.

Stuckey's physical attributes and skill set are a good fit for slot receiver. As of right now, he is our starting wideout because we have no one else to fill the position.

Stuckey is definitely a very under the radar player, and I expect him to improve as he gains experience and is able to stay healthy.

Austin brings something to the table for us because of his size. He would be a nice complement to Cotchery in a starting role. Austin would be our big target with an ability to do it all, Cotchery would be our possession reciever, Stuckey our slot reciever, and Clowney our deep threat.

I remember reading somewhere about a study in height discrimination...where taller people earn more than shorter people...it may play better in basketball than football but looks like we are applying it here.

IMO...Too many good college players still on ther board at 52 to trade the pick for potential x 2 (Austin and Stuckey) plus three inches. If we are that worried about another WR ante up for Holt.

There is a big difference between a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. What I mean is the Jets never pick bright players in the 3rd round pick.

Getting Austin would be a great asset, especially if we can keep our 2nd.

Second point...maybe we don't think a there is WR in the second round who has the potential for as big a breakout as either Stuckey or Austin...I could argue it but for now...I'll concede the point...but some of the players who could be on the board at 52 at positions of need for us are:

DE/DT:

Ziggy Hood

Fili Moala

Ron Brace

Any of these players could contribute more to the JETS success in 2009 than Miles Austin. This potential deal smack of the trades for J-Mac and Doug Jolley and IMHO is the wrong move to make.

I can only hope and pray that Ziggy Hood is still there at #52. I can honestly see him going late 1st.

My post ended this discussion in both threads.

He is a damn good WR and would be an instant #2 and compete for #1 here.

LOL

Or maybe people are just bored with discussing the potential of player we know nothing about except his size and speed.

You are not that good buddy.

LOL

Or maybe people are just bored with discussing the potential of player we know nothing about except his size and speed.

You are not that good buddy.

I gave you an example of him dominating and beating double coverage for a deep TD to seal a victory in GB... and all I claimed was he would be an instant #2... what WR's not named Cotch on the roster could pull off what Miles has?

I gave you an example of him dominating and beating double coverage for a deep TD to seal a victory in GB... and all I claimed was he would be an instant #2... what WR's not named Cotch on the roster could pull off what Miles has?

Thank you for giving us 1 shinning example of Miles Austin's illustrious career.

I'm convinced. I think I am going to find a picture of him and put it my sig!

Thank you for giving us 1 shinning example of Miles Austin's illustrious career.

I'm convinced. I think I am going to find a picture of him and put it my sig!

He averaged over 20 yards a catch... everytime he got a chance he was making an explosive play...

The JETS are likely to draft a WR... Miles can be had for a 2nd rounder or less and is already better than almost any WR in the draft...

He averaged over 20 yards a catch... everytime he got a chance he was making an explosive play...

The JETS are likely to draft a WR... Miles can be had for a 2nd rounder or less and is already better than almost any WR in the draft...

And you know this how?

Lets just sign Ashley Lelie, he average 18 yards per catch for the Raiders last year. He didnt have near the surrounding cast or Qb and we can probably get him for like a 6th!

Archived