New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that game Bleedin. A ton of fun..

Can some clarify for me what was the deal with Norway, did you guys know who one another were?

Congrats on lasting longer than you ever had, CTM.

BTW, if it ended up you & me +JT, I would have told you to protect me.

I knew in my gut that Jets Thing would have tried to suspend me thinking that you'd protect yourself. I was 100% positive.

Just trying to understand something here.

Are you making a distinction between revealing and being outed?

For instance, Pac named me as Revis and I confirmed that. That would be okay, right?

The problem here is that Bleedin's rule only said we were not suppose to reveal names. I would think we could have identified us some other way.

Further, Doggin has had an explicit rule in the past of no reveals, fake or real. That's a clear rule. There's nothing wrong with being explicit in that.

I think being outted is different.

Hinting, like saying, I'm 29, so that anyone could figure it out would be doing it yourself.

Thanks for that game Bleedin. A ton of fun..

Can some clarify for me what was the deal with Norway, did you guys know who one another were?

Ok, here's the deal on Norway.

From the onset, he knew who we were, but we didn't know him.

However, he immediately, in an effort to gain our attention, started calling us all by our correct character names. If you remember day 1, he called me Chad many, many times. I didn't think much of it until he started calling Pac Tom Brady and JVOR Jason Taylor.

We talked behind the scenes, and were all very upset. Because, he was doing it continuously, and once one of us were killed, the pieces would have added up, and we'd have gone down in order.

So, I spoke to BG about it, asking him how there was a character that correctly identified all of us on day one, and is continuing to do so. I basically said why would I want to spend time playing this game if I couldn't survive one of us getting killed.

He allowed me to send Norway one PM, telling him to stop, and to start calling others by those/different names as well.

That was the extent of it.

Excellent game, Bleedin! Thank you!

Oh, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am in Slats reveal. This would have been much much better.

slatsgodfatherb.jpg

That whole godfather thing was getting on my nerves! :lol:

Speaking of mod kills, I probably could have made an argument slats should have been modkilled for the Leon Washington thing.

All I said was that I was a fan favorite, and CTM guessed on the first try. Would've been a weak argument. Same as SMC guessing Vic was Richardson after his role reveal.

You know what, I seriously dont' get why you're suck a dick to me. **** you and that old broad in your signature. This is bull****. I make it to the end of the game and I'm still being picked on

You are a bitch. :rl: But you played a good game to the end.

Nothing personal, but had Doggin and I got you lynched when we wanted to, we'd've sacked Pac the following day and this wouldn't've come down to these "negotiations."

And two games for me, twice a roleless townie. I don't want to hear about how you don't get to play mafia!

The New York Jets finally win SOMETHING!!!

Congrats ****tards.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the highlight of our season.

However, he immediately, in an effort to gain our attention, started calling us all by our correct character names. If you remember day 1, he called me Chad many, many times. I didn't think much of it until he started calling Pac Tom Brady and JVOR Jason Taylor.

We talked behind the scenes, and were all very upset. Because, he was doing it continuously, and once one of us were killed, the pieces would have added up, and we'd have gone down in order.

So, I spoke to BG about it, asking him how there was a character that correctly identified all of us on day one, and is continuing to do so. I basically said why would I want to spend time playing this game if I couldn't survive one of us getting killed.

He allowed me to send Norway one PM, telling him to stop, and to start calling others by those/different names as well.

Yeah, I wasn't too glad with how this played out as rather then having to find out who Norway was via Pac's investigations, I pretty much had to tell them. Unfortunately, it was either that or the game was going to end right there on day one as the mafia team pretty much thought they had gotten screwed and were ready to quit.

That said, I figured the fact that Norway still wasn't able to communicate with the mafia and that he didn't need to be killed in order for the town to win, it kept things still pretty balanced. Obviously it didn't make things that big of a problem considering the town won.

All I said was that I was a fan favorite, and CTM guessed on the first try. Would've been a weak argument. Same as SMC guessing Vic was Richardson after his role reveal.

Name another player it COULD have been. Anyone?

You also confirmed it.

And why would it be any different if you were to say something like, I'm 33-4?

Name another player it COULD have been. Anyone?

You also confirmed it.

And why would it be any different if you were to say something like, I'm 33-4?

I wasn't even interested in "revealing" at that point. I was just talking like, "you'll be pissed if you cut me." I didn't expect CTM to guess, and didn't expect SMC to jump on it either. It's not like I was claiming a role.

I wasn't looking to do anything to circumvent the rules, and it had no bearing on the game anyway. Sorry if you took it a different way.

I knew in my gut that Jets Thing would have tried to suspend me thinking that you'd protect yourself. I was 100% positive.

Yeah, it might've played out differently had we discussed it in thread, I essentially thought the same as you, but added the extra layer of saying that Jets Things would assume I'd try and do the opposite of what he'd expect I'd do..

I kind of like being a roleless townie. Not much pressure in that role. It's harder to screw your team up, unless you're Woody.

It does make it easier to just be honest. But talking about my belief that there wasn't a godfather early got me into hot water immediately. I'm as happy about the fake ID's as anyone for next game. I have no intention of talking about game structure at all in the future. It serves me no personal good.

ahh. he was trying to signal you but overplayed the hand a bit..

honestly it never clicked, particularly when i found that I had called AVM Rhodes earlier..

To be honest, had Norway gotten lynched before I figured it all out and I had a reason to review his posts, I would've found it..

Like Sharrow said, had we lynched Norway on day 2, you all would've went done after that, mostly because of those posts though :D

It does make it easier to just be honest. But talking about my belief that there wasn't a godfather early got me into hot water immediately. I'm as happy about the fake ID's as anyone for next game. I have no intention of talking about game structure at all in the future. It serves me no personal good.

I don't know, for me, that wasn't it. I really was on you because of the Jets Babe thing and you just didn't seem yourself. By later in the game I was pretty sure you were innocent and convinced the day of the no lynch..

Serial killer...Stupid Godfather...maybe next time you should talk about

robocop-suit.JPG

You've won 2 in a row, slats, and made it near the end in this one.

And, if you haven't figured it out, my "no lynch" suggestion was to increase the Jets chance of winning the game to 50%. Without it, the chance at victory was below that and perhaps even end game the following day. Instead, we got an extra day.

To be honest, had Norway gotten lynched before I figured it all out and I had a reason to review his posts, I would've found it..

Exactly, and this is why we needed to say something to BG.

Also, had he continued with just the 3 of us, it would have had the same result.

I don't know, for me, that wasn't it. I really was on you because of the Jets Babe thing and you just didn't seem yourself. By later in the game I was pretty sure you were innocent and convinced the day of the no lynch..

Somehow I was expected to be analytical early in the game when there's absolutely nothing to analyze. And I was definitely a little chummier being that I figured I got to know everyone a little bit after the first game. That was working against me, too.

The idea that I was supposed to have a "style of play" after only playing one game was a little frustrating, too. I don't think I have one yet. Certainly not early.

And I'd lynch JB exactly the same way again. No one was scummier than she was day one.

Somehow I was expected to be analytical early in the game when there's absolutely nothing to analyze. And I was definitely a little chummier being that I figured I got to know everyone a little bit after the first game. That was working against me, too.

The idea that I was supposed to have a "style of play" after only playing one game was a little frustrating, too. I don't think I have one yet. Certainly not early.

And I'd lynch JB exactly the same way again. No one was scummier than she was day one.

Its not really a style of play and it isn't even being analytical so to speak. I don't know, sometimes when I read people posts they seem like they are genuinely trying to put together a puzzle. like they don't have the answers but desperately want to get them. I got that from you the first game right from the get go and this game not so much until the end.

Clearly I was wrong, but sometimes you hit with something like this. For instance I really believe that had pac been the real cop, he would've went nuts at the idea of Vic counter claiming him. Like Vic had spat at his family. It was only after he clarified that he got SMC"s name rather then role that I became suspicious of him, cause I knew they had the same role and Pac hadn't said boo..

Oh, and thanks! But truth be told it was pretty easy as doctor that was pretty much forced to self protect considering Pac exposed me to half the game on day 2..

ahh. he was trying to signal you but overplayed the hand a bit..

honestly it never clicked, particularly when i found that I had called AVM Rhodes earlier..

Like Sharrow said, had we lynched Norway on day 2, you all would've went done after that, mostly because of those posts though :D

Yeah it seemd like a fun plan, in my head, but turned out not to be. I didn't give much thought to what happened if I flipped symp. :face:

You guys are all insane. I was crying reading this - my wife thinks I'm nuts.

BTW, I'm going to hold off on JI/JN mafia for a week to let people recover from the intensity a bit (and because people have told me they have a schedule conflict)

In the interim, I'll run a game or two (depending on how many people signed up) of fast mafia - 6 players: 1 doc, 1 SK, 1 sane cop, one insane cop, 1 paranoid cop and 1 naive cop.

You've won 2 in a row, slats, and made it near the end in this one.

And, if you haven't figured it out, my "no lynch" suggestion was to increase the Jets chance of winning the game to 50%. Without it, the chance at victory was below that and perhaps even end game the following day. Instead, we got an extra day.

Really, I thought the No Lynch was in our favor? I was the very likely lynch after swicthing to Woody at the last minute.

Really, I thought the No Lynch was in our favor? I was the very likely lynch after swicthing to Woody at the last minute.

Well, No Lynch, gave us the chance to make 'the deal', which I still contend was pretty awesome.

Had we lynched JT, we'd have won, but that was unlikely, had we lynched slats, we'd have been in good shape too, depending on what JT did.

IMO, the Mafia blew the game by suspending slats. It was a calculated risk (probably EY's idea), but it wasn't worth it.

Why? The Numbers.

By the end the numbers didn't lie. These were the final 8:

1. CTM

2. EY

3. Vicious

4. SMC

5. Norway

6. Pac

7. slats

8. Jets Thing.

With CTM and me being bona fide townies, that left the final 6 with JT & Norway claiming Vig. 1 of them had to be scum. So we were left to Vic/Pac vs. Slats/Vicious vs. EY/Pac. In other words, either both Vic and Pac were scum, Slats & Vic were scum, or EY and Pac were scum.

Suspending slats exonerates Vicious which would lead to the only possibility of the 2 scum left being Pac and EY.

The smart move would have been to NK Jets Thing. If the mafia had done that, the 6 left would have been:

1. CTM

2. SMC

3. slats

4. Vicious

5. EY (scum)

6. Pac (scum)

Vicious would have claimed Pac scum and Pac should have claimed Vicious scum. Under this scenario, the votes would have come down to either voting Pac or Vicious. If EY could swing 4 votes against Vicious, then we would have gone into the night with:

1. CTM

2. SMC

3. slats

4. EY (scum)

5. Pac (scum)

The Scum then NKs either CTM, SMC or slats, with the scum having a 67% chance of hitting the right person. In that instance, the Scum wins.

So whoever came up with the "Kill Slats and lets make a deal with Jets Thing" made the wrong decision.

Archived