RIP Steve McNair

JoeC36

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it very hard to believe that his wife didnt know what was going on.

True.

You also have to love how a lot of people are throwing him under the bus.

The fact is we do not know anything about his relationship with his wife or the lack there of. Or his relationship with the Kazemi woman. What promises he might have made or anything he ever said to Kazemi. Or his wife.

True.

The fact is we do not know anything about his relationship with his wife or the lack there of. Or his relationship with the Kazemi woman. What promises he might have made or anything he ever said to Kazemi. Or his wife.

he is not the 1st guy to be led around with his smaller head and won't be the

last

i choose to remember him as afootball playa..not as a father or husband of

year or as the players refer to him as a great guy

Out of curiosity, how much of a reward are we talking about here?

Maybe I know something.

Maybe I don't.

My recollection is foggy at the moment.

Hmmmm... i will tell you what i know.. if you tell me what you know ;) maybe we can go halvsies on the reward.. mama needs a new pair of shoes .. ;)

Well that's because you're a woman. :rim:

Unless you did something wrong 18 months or so ago. Then their memories are crystal clear. :biggrin:

both of ya... :box::D

True.

There are many possibilities PFSIKH

He may have had an open marriage where his wife didnt care what he did as long as the money was in the bank

That's totally a man theory. lol

But it does happen because its less expensive than divorce for some.

There are swingers that are married. There are couples that literally hate one another living in different parts of the house that are married. Presidents of this country have had unorthodox marriages IMO.

what goes with the price of fame is the exponential temptation of the "pedestal"

few of us can imagine having the prettiest of women throwing their feet and whispering sweet nothings in their ears everywhere they go(cept for max)

Few of them can avoid it ....i bet divorce rates among celebs is 2x the

national average

not an excuse mind you

***sigh****

It's a sad situation and I loathe to speak poorly of the dead unless it's Hitler or something....but taking your ho on vacation, have photos taken together and meeting the said ho at a family restaurant while you were dining WITH your family makes him a dooshie man ho. Great player, not so great husband.

May he rest in peace and may his family find peace as well.

***sigh****

It's a sad situation and I loathe to speak poorly of the dead unless it's Hitler or something....but taking your ho on vacation, have photos taken together and meeting the said ho at a family restaurant while you were dining WITH your family makes him a dooshie man ho. Great player, not so great husband.

May he rest in peace and may his family find peace as well.

But Garb... MAYBE... he had an open marriage????? Stop h8'n. lol

I LOVE how celebrities/athletes get an automatic "get of being a scum bag" pass. What is it about famous people that makes the logical part of a fan's brains go gooey?

I LOVE how celebrities/athletes get an automatic "get of being a scum bag" pass. What is it about famous people that makes the logical part of a fan's brains go gooey?

You see what was happening on TV today?

Its not a pass by any means.

The points is that who am I to tell anyone how they should conduct their marriage and pass judgement on what is right or wrong.

Certainly you must know people who have strange marriages?

I dont know all the facts surrounding the McNairs relationship, but I dont buy that his wife didnt know what was going on.

no pass

but normal people do not have throngs of beautiful women out there hoping to sack a celeb....

IMO they should not get married...

Unfortunately, McNair will be remembered as much for stepping out with a 20 year old, in the same town as his current wife and kids, as he will for his football and community accomplishments. Most sane people who valued their standing in the community realize that taking the chances he took by acting this way could result in the tarnishing of that image. I am sure he never considered that it would cost him his natural life, but he apparently never considered the effect it would have on his family either. Too bad and very sad. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.

Its not a pass by any means.

The points is that who am I to tell anyone how they should conduct their marriage and pass judgement on what is right or wrong.

Certainly you must know people who have strange marriages?

I dont know all the facts surrounding the McNairs relationship, but I dont buy that his wife didnt know what was going on.

I didn't say for certain that she didn't know.. I'm not necessarily judging him on that. What about his children? They are the real victims (as I've said numerous times already). I would be willing to bet my right arm that the kids weren't aware. All I know is that I would be CRUSHED to find out that my father was running around on my mother. It would totally change everything I thought I knew and valued about him. You know what I'm saying?

btw.. I hope you're not insinuating that you are above humanity.. We ALL judge others.. it's human nature. I'm not saying that it's right but we all do it.

I didn't say for certain that she didn't know..

His Wife did. She said that she wasnt aware of Steve having an affair.

I'm not necessarily judging him on that. What about his children? They are the real victims (as I've said numerous times already). I would be willing to bet my right arm that the kids weren't aware.

A respected Poster at Pats.com said that 2 of the 4 children were not Steves.

All I know is that I would be CRUSHED to find out that my father was running around on my mother. It would totally change everything I thought I knew and valued about him. You know what I'm saying?

Sure, I do but I also understand that people grow apart and that the elation on wedding day wears off after a while. People change. What you wanted and dreamed about 10 years ago is not what you want today. That goes for jobs, people, houses,...

btw.. I hope you're not insinuating that you are above humanity.. We ALL judge others.. it's human nature. I'm not saying that it's right but we all do it.

I'm not judging you.

So I'm in California for a month, and I don't always have access to a computer. I don't have time to read through 30+ pages of this thread, so can someone summarize this all up? :D

Are some people really trying to argue that morality is relative and subjective and that people aren't able to place moral values on various behaviors? That is the silliest argument I have ever heard in my life. That is high school level philosophy right there. That is the first and simpliest example they use to demenstrate a bad philosophical argument.

His Wife did. She said that she wasnt aware of Steve having an affair.

So then, basically.. you are judging SM's wife by calling her a liar. In the infamous words of.. you.. who are you to judge others.... ;)

A respected Poster at Pats.com said that 2 of the 4 children were not Steves.

And the other 2 children? Weak argument.

Sure, I do but I also understand that people grow apart and that the elation on wedding day wears off after a while. People change. What you wanted and dreamed about 10 years ago is not what you want today. That goes for jobs, people, houses,...

I completely understand marriage. You don't need to explain it to me. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. Whether the spouse knows or not, that doesn't make the action (of cheating) moral or right, regardless of circumstances that led to it. Usually, karma rears it's ugly head in some way. You can paint it any way you want if it makes you feel better.

I'm not judging you.

lol. I'll bet. Not that I really care one way or another.

So then, basically.. you are judging SM's wife by calling her a liar. In the infamous words of.. you.. who are you to judge others.... ;)

I completely understand marriage. You don't need to explain it to me. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater. Whether the spouse knows or not, that doesn't make the action (of cheating) moral or right, regardless of circumstances that led to it. Usually, karma rears it's ugly head in some way. You can paint it any way you want if it makes you feel better.

Awesome retort. POTW nom from me.

Awesome retort. POTW nom from me.

Eh. This **** has been going around for a long time here, but...

Verde's post was generally good, but I'm not particularly comfortable with the statement "karma rears it's ugly head" in respect to a man being brutally murdered. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater, but that does not mean he was asking to be killed. Or that he deserved it.

Eh. This **** has been going around for a long time here, but...

Verde's post was generally good, but I'm not particularly comfortable with the statement "karma rears it's ugly head" in respect to a man being brutally murdered. A cheater is a cheater is a cheater, but that does not mean he was asking to be killed. Or that he deserved it.

I respect your feelings, but it really is a "live by the sword, die by the sword" situation. No one should be killed/murdered for cheating on a spouse, but I think all cheaters realize that this is a possibility. Don't put yourself in these situations, which invariably turn volatile. I wish folks would split up and divorce before cheating, especially if kids are involved. Like that's ever going to happen.

I respect your feelings, but it really is a "live by the sword, die by the sword" situation. No one should be killed/murdered for cheating on a spouse, but I think all cheaters realize that this is a possibility. Don't put yourself in these situations, which invariably turn volatile. I wish folks would split up and divorce before cheating, especially if kids are involved. Like that's ever going to happen.

Yeah, I don't agree. Cheating and killing are two completely different animals and my **** is an H-Bomb, not a sword!

Maybe the victims of the cheating should turn to divorce before resorting to murder. Like that's ever going to happen.

Archived