Down goes Beanie

Greenranger

Sucks for Arizona. They still have that Hightower guy.

It matters not, Seattle will win the division anyway.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Arizona still have a pass attack that can tear any defense to shreds and with the way that offensive line stepped up to close out last season I can't see the Fitz/Boldin dominance coming to an end anytime soon.

Seattle certainly have a chance (As does everyone in this league) but they have a lot to prove before I could put them over a team coming off a tough Superbowl loss.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Arizona still have a pass attack that can tear any defense to shreds and with the way that offensive line stepped up to close out last season I can't see the Fitz/Boldin dominance coming to an end anytime soon.

Seattle certainly have a chance (As does everyone in this league) but they have a lot to prove before I could put them over a team coming off a tough Superbowl loss.

You're forgetting the fate that awaits any superbowl loser the following year. I really dont think Arizona will win their own division much less make it back to the playoffs. Thats just my opinion.

It appears Chris "Beanie" Wells has survived his ride on a cart relatively unscathed. (Bryant Johnson should be so lucky.)

Wells scared the Cardinals faithful Saturday when he was carted away from his first day of practice after suffering an ankle injury.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports reports that it's only a sprain and won't keep Wells out for long. He could even practice Sunday.

The minor nature of the injury is a relief, but Wells still has to prove he can withstand the rigors of playing in the NFL.

Wells had a long history of injuries at Ohio State and the Cardinals are not deep at running back.

-pft

Beanie won't be back right away

Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2009 1:48 PM ET

Though Cardinals rookie running back Beanie Wells indeed has a sprained ankle, it looks like he won't be soon, as previously suggested.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt addressed the situation on Sunday, and statement implies that Wells won't be back until the middle of the week at the earlier -- and that by the middle of the week the team might conclude that he'll be out even longer.

"His M.R.I. revealed a right ankle sprain but at this point it doesn't appear serious, which is obviously good news," Whisenhunt said in remarks released by the team. "In terms of missing time, it's tough to say now but we should have a better idea in the coming days."

Different types of ankle sprains entail different amounts of recovery time. The so-called "high ankle sprain" often requires a month or more of rest and treatment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/02/beanie-wont-be-back-right-away/

To those saying hes dogging it--

Apparently he came in at the best shape of his life. 10-15 pounds lighter than his playing weight at OSU... Seems like bad luck for a guy trying to do his best

The claim that he's dogging it is asinine.

The problem with Beanie is not work ethic, it's that he makes Humpty Dumpty look durable.

It matters not, Seattle will win the division anyway.

That's what many said last year. Didn't happen then, won't happen now. I live in Arizona and the Cardinals are finally worth watching. Larry Fitzgerald is my favorite NFL WR, and will continue to own Seattle.

fitzgerald.jpg

One of the most overrated prospects in that draft class, IMO.

Ever hear of Darren McFadden? At least Beanie showed he can break tackles. I think he'll be a solid player, he can't be too overrated being draft at #31.

Bwaahahaha.

Bust Wells at his finest! Always hurt!

Always hurt!?! Are you s**ting me? How does a player who you claim was always hurt accumulate a total of 3,382 yards running in his college career, not to mention 30 TD's. Explain that one for me Einstein.

Always hurt!?! Are you s**ting me? How does a player who you claim was always hurt accumulate a total of 3,382 yards running in his college career, not to mention 30 TD's. Explain that one for me Einstein.

Watch the games. He might've not sat out a lot of games, but he was always playing with some sort of injury. Always.

Good for him, he racked up a lot of yards in the Big Ten, a run first and run second conference.

He will be nothing but average at best in the NFL.

Watch the games. He might've not sat out a lot of games, but he was always playing with some sort of injury.

I DID watch the games. That's why I find your statement so incredulous. Running backs play through injuries all the time, and Chris was no different.

He will be nothing but average at best in the NFL.

So you say. I say Arizona got a steal getting him so late in the 1st round. Time will tell.

I DID watch the games. That's why I find your statement so incredulous. Running backs play through injuries all the time, and Chris was no different.

So you say. I say Arizona got a steal getting him so late in the 1st round. Time will tell.

Couldn't agree more. I like him way more than Moreno and the fact that he goes to the league's best offense is even more intriguing. If the Cardinals played in New York or LA, Wells would be looked at as a top 10 RB this season.

Umm, hence why I said "this draft class". And there's a reason why he fell to 31.

Then is there a reason why guys like Enus, Benson and C Williams are taken so high? Are you implying that NFL teams are always right? or just when they agree with your forecasts?

Archived