Roughing the Passer against the Pats

BwanaZulia

I just re-watched some of those sacks and hits on Matt Schlub and if our defense does that against the Pats we are going to get 2-3 calls for "roughing the Brady".

Just sayin..

BZ

Please stop with tis.

NE Patriots have thoroughly beaten the NYJ the majority of times they have played over the last 5 years. Missed calls, official mistakes have not been a part of their wins.

Don't become "that fanbase" that becomes bitter over someone else's success.

If we cheapen their wins, ours will be cheapened also. Only the way the NFL is.

I just re-watched some of those sacks and hits on Matt Schlub and if our defense does that against the Pats we are going to get 2-3 calls for "roughing the Brady".

Just sayin..

BZ

Funny, I was telling my friend that also while watching the Jets game. I expect @ least one....

Please stop with tis.

NE Patriots have thoroughly beaten the NYJ the majority of times they have played over the last 5 years. Missed calls, official mistakes have not been a part of their wins.

Don't become "that fanbase" that becomes bitter over someone else's success.

If we cheapen their wins, ours will be cheapened also. Only the way the NFL is.

I think you misread my post...

I wasn't putting it out there as an excuse, I was saying that I was surprised that we were not called on any yesterday and that against Brady (like Peyton or Favre) we WILL get called on those exact same hits.

I actually think we have a shot of taking the Patriots this week.

BZ

I think you misread my post...

I wasn't putting it out there as an excuse, I was saying that I was surprised that we were not called on any yesterday and that against Brady (like Peyton or Favre) we WILL get called on those exact same hits.

I actually think we have a shot of taking the Patriots this week.

BZ

Gotcha, and sorry.

There were some borderline late hits yesterday, and the Jets will need to be cognizant of their "image"

If you are going to purport yourself as "tough and nasty", you will get officiated that way.

No. Simms explained it well.

The tackle did not change the direction that the ball player's impetus was taking him.

yea I know but we also know after having watched sports for so many years that some players like the Brady's and Michael Jordans of the world get special treatment from the refs-it's always been that way and I guarantee you if Harris does the exact same thing to Brady on Sunday it'll be 15 yards against us Scott

I don't care if he gets special treatment or not. You have to knock the special out of him. There are different ways to win in the NFL and if you are going to win as a tough guy "violent" defensive team you smash the ****er every chance you get and don't worry about the penalties. I'm not saying you take cheap shots, but you try to kill the guy clean every chance you get. If he gets rid of the ball first, let the refs sort it out. If you think about a penalty for one nanosecond while you are rushing Brady you are dead. Just deck him and be done with it.

If we can knock him out of the game OR force him into mistakes, it would be worth it.

we all know Wilfat isn't afraid to play the game like that...**** he'll dive right AT the quarterback's knees. I hope Rex's speech about "if you go after one of ours we'll go after two of yours" holds true if he does try it on Sanchez.

I don't care if he gets special treatment or not. You have to knock the special out of him. There are different ways to win in the NFL and if you are going to win as a tough guy "violent" defensive team you smash the ****er every chance you get and don't worry about the penalties. I'm not saying you take cheap shots, but you try to kill the guy clean every chance you get. If he gets rid of the ball first, let the refs sort it out. If you think about a penalty for one nanosecond while you are rushing Brady you are dead. Just deck him and be done with it.

This.

The way to beat the Patriots, and Brady, is to pressure him and knock the snot out of him. See 2007 Super Bowl.

we all know Wilfat isn't afraid to play the game like that...**** he'll dive right AT the quarterback's knees. I hope Rex's speech about "if you go after one of ours we'll go after two of yours" holds true if he does try it on Sanchez.

I'd like to see Wilfat get past Mangold and chase down Sanchez. We don't have a statue back there anymore, Sanchez can move.

+1 billion.

I've already said I think that the Pats will try and neutralize our pass rush with short passes and screens but if we get a chance to hit Brady HIT HIM IN THE MOUTH. Enough of the Mangini conspiracy crap. You get hit in the game. Part of our D is making the QB move his feet and throw a pass quicker to avoid the hit. The only way you achieve that is by putting the QB on his ass.

just gotta say I like the attitude in this thread. Brady won't get through next week unscathed. We all know Rex will design something us to get through that line and apply all the pressure we can on Brady. It's gonna be a very entertaining game next week. :D

I hope Ryan and Pettine have them work on jumping up to try and block passes, because Welker is going to get 15 balls thrown his way and if you add the distance up on all of them they won't go 40 yards in air-combined

Mark Sanchez will have a short carear if he does a low illegal block on a player on a division rivals team he has to face twice a year like he did on the Texan player after the interception. The last player on the team that can afford to have a rep as being dirty is the QB.

What a flaming crock of ****. Both this post and that call. Why did that bull**** get marked off on the kickoff while the Jets were forced to "decline" the Texans end of half taunting.

What a flaming crock of ****. Both this post and that call. Why did that bull**** get marked off on the kickoff while the Jets were forced to "decline" the Texans end of half taunting.

The call was correct on Sanchez' play. You can't go after someone's knees, even if that was not his intent.

God's judgement that any player would consider that play "dirty" or premeditated is entirely off base.

The call was correct on Sanchez' play. You can't go after someone's knees, even if that was not his intent.

God's judgement that any player would consider that play "dirty" or premeditated is entirely off base.

I'm sure they've changed the rules, but it wasn't too long ago that you were supposed to take guys on low, as long as they weren't already engaged by another blocker. I don't have a problem with the call, but I do have a problem with them tacking it on the kick while the other play just gets wiped away. Sanchez didn't "go after the guy's knee" he flopped on the floor and barely touched the guy.

I'm sure they've changed the rules, but it wasn't too long ago that you were supposed to take guys on low, as long as they weren't already engaged by another blocker. I don't have a problem with the call, but I do have a problem with them tacking it on the kick while the other play just gets wiped away. Sanchez didn't "go after the guy's knee" he flopped on the floor and barely touched the guy.

Freeman McNeil changed all of that

so did I, but the announcer said that if the player is going backwards then it isn't a horse collar.

My thought was that the refs didn't call a lot of stuff on both sides that they could have. Not they were unfair to the Jets or the Texans, just that they were letting both teams get away with a lot of stuff that I have seen being called before.

One thing Belichick mentioned in a presser a few years ago is that his observation is that there is differences between the crews. What one crew will call holding another crew will let the players get away with. But that the crews themselves call from week to week and from team to team is very consistant. What drives, players, coaches and fans nuts is there team will get called for something one week, but another team won't on the samething the next week. It isn't that one team or player is being favored just that different refs call diferent things. But if you were to follow the same officiating crew from week to week you would think they were very consistant, but fans don't follow a specific officiating crew but a specific team.

My thought was that the refs didn't call a lot of stuff on both sides that they could have. Not they were unfair to the Jets or the Texans, just that they were letting both teams get away with a lot of stuff that I have seen being called before.

One thing Belichick mentioned in a presser a few years ago is that his observation is that there is differences between the crews. What one crew will call holding another crew will let the players get away with. But that the crews themselves call from week to week and from team to team is very consistant. What drives, players, coaches and fans nuts is there team will get called for something one week, but another team won't on the samething the next week. It isn't that one team or player is being favored just that different refs call diferent things. But if you were to follow the same officiating crew from week to week you would think they were very consistant, but fans don't follow a specific officiating crew but a specific team.

Smart teams do their homework on officiating crews. Nothing new there.

i'm psyched for this game.... we finally have a defense that CAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE QB. I now know for sure that Brady won't just be standing in the pocket comfortably for 5 minutes looking for an open receiver. He's gonna have to work for his completions with this defense.

Archived