****The OFFICIAL 2009-10 New York Knicks Thread****

It did bring me great joy watching my Heat blowout the train wreck of a NEw York Knicks basketball team,but...I wish you guys had a better team so we can reignite this rivalry. Anywho...you guys are bad.

Yeah the Knicks are bad, but the Heat are nothing in the East. *IF* they make the playoffs, it'll be first round exit, and hopefully Wade leaves.

It did bring me great joy watching my Heat blowout the train wreck of a NEw York Knicks basketball team,but...I wish you guys had a better team so we can reignite this rivalry. Anywho...you guys are bad.

If we don't get LeBron, we will enjoy D-Wade in 2010.

We are just waiting for 2010.

I don't even think the Knicks have a first round pick this year. I'm pretty sure Isiah traded it away several years ago.

Well let's foster good relations with that team by sucking this year! We're going to do it whether on purpose or not anyways so at least I can take a sick sort of pride in it! \:D/

Outside of Gallo there's not much to be happy about thus far. People forget this kid's only 21. Chandler's looked OK I guess too. I still can't understand for the life of me picking Jordan ****ing Hill at 8, on top of that, Brandon Jennings has looked awesome thus far to make it worse.

I don't think Wade's going anywhere next year if Miami is a contender this season. I think it's looking more and more like we're getting Bosh or Amare along with Michael Redd or Joe Johnson (Amare and Johnson obviously making the most sense with the D'Antoni connection). Though you have to remember that Bosh supposedly likes Toronto a lot and Bargnani is really coming into his own this year, so he might be motivated to stay. Rudy Gay might have been an option if we had a 1st rounder next year as compensation for when Memphis tenders him. Rondo getting extended right at the deadline was upsetting because that signing would have made a ton of sense for us. I guess Lebron's always up for discussion, but if winning championships truly is more important to him than becoming the biggest star in the world, there's really no reason for him to come here. This team just has no talent.

Jordan Hill.

:bag:

Drafting him while Jennings, Derozan and even Terrence Williams were on the board...just ugh.

For as good as Gallo is offensively he's equally bad defensively. He has no lateral movement at all.

Jennings kicking out to Gallo would have been a nice combo.

JMO, also, DaAntoni was the complete wrong choice. You cant have a team that isnt any good and not play defense. That's guaranteed to get you killed in NY.

JMO, also, DaAntoni was the complete wrong choice. You cant have a team that isnt any good and not play defense. That's guaranteed to get you killed in NY.

He was hired knowing the first two seasons would be like this anyways. You won't really be able to tell what type of impact he's had until next year and we see who we've signed. If there's one thing that we have going for us in terms of Lebron or Wade, and all the other big name FA's, it's D'Antoni. All of those guys from that Olympic team absolutely loved him and amongst players he's still one of the most respected coaches in the league. I can't really fault him for anything at this point, they started off extremely well last year when he had some legit pieces to work with, and Donnie really hasn't given him much to work with due to the 2010 goal. NBA rosters are talent-driven perhaps more than any other sport out there and he's working with one of the two or three worst rosters in the league this season, maybe the worst.

He was hired knowing the first two seasons would be like this anyways. You won't really be able to tell what type of impact he's had until next year and we see who we've signed. If there's one thing that we have going for us in terms of Lebron or Wade, and all the other big name FA's, it's D'Antoni. All of those guys from that Olympic team absolutely loved him and amongst players he's still one of the most respected coaches in the league.

I highly doubt Wade leaves Miami. Lebron, who knows, apparently he wants to go to LA now?

DaAntoni + Joe Johnson and maybe Chris Bosh...I really dont see that being a good team.

I just dont think the no defense approach will work with the talent the Knicks have regardless of how much the players like him.

I just dont think the no defense approach will work with the talent the Knicks have regardless of how much the players like him.

That's the point though. No approach with this roster would work. This is one of the worst rosters in the league dude. Maybe the worst of all. We could have Gregg Popovich coaching this squad and it wouldn't matter. At this point Donnie's put all of his eggs in the 2010 basket and that's on him, not D'Antoni.

That's the point though. No approach with this roster would work. This is one of the worst rosters in the league dude. Maybe the worst of all. We could have Gregg Popovich coaching this squad and it wouldn't matter. At this point Donnie's put all of his eggs in the 2010 basket and that's on him, not D'Antoni.

Valid point.

At least we'll have a high first round pick this year.

oh

wait...

I still can't understand for the life of me picking Jordan ****ing Hill at 8, on top of that, Brandon Jennings has looked awesome thus far to make it worse.

D'Antoni thought he was getting his Amare, I suppose.

don't think Wade's going anywhere next year if Miami is a contender this season. I think it's looking more and more like we're getting Bosh or Amare along with Michael Redd or Joe Johnson (Amare and Johnson obviously making the most sense with the D'Antoni connection). Though you have to remember that Bosh supposedly likes Toronto a lot and Bargnani is really coming into his own this year, so he might be motivated to stay. Rudy Gay might have been an option if we had a 1st rounder next year as compensation for when Memphis tenders him. Rondo getting extended right at the deadline was upsetting because that signing would have made a ton of sense for us. I guess Lebron's always up for discussion, but if winning championships truly is more important to him than becoming the biggest star in the world, there's really no reason for him to come here. This team just has no talent.

If they can't land either Lebron or Wade, I think they should leave enough cap space available and hope Melo opts out in 2011.

I like Bosh, but I'm not sure that he's the right guy to build around.

D'Antoni thought he was getting his Amare, I suppose.

If they can't land either Lebron or Wade, I think they should leave enough cap space available and hope Melo opts out in 2011.

I like Bosh, but I'm not sure that he's the right guy to build around.

Of course he isn't. In fact there might not be a more overrated "franchise" player in the game. He'd be a fine second banana but nothing more. I can't imagine Melo opting out, Denver's going to have an absurd amount of cap room going into that offseason and no doubt they'll pay him whatever he wants. Martin's contract will be done by then and they probably won't renew Chauncey at that point if Lawson comes through on the flashes he's shown already, unless he's willing to sign on for the short-term or a discount.

Of course he isn't. In fact there might not be a more overrated "franchise" player in the game.

I was only hedging because he's had a ridiculous start to the season, but I agree that he's vastly overrated. In reality, he hasn't shown much progression in the last few years, so what you see is what you get - and that's a player that isn't worthy of a max contract.

So does Hill. I wish Hill played more.

BTW, man, what a 1st Quarter for LeBron. I hope he plays more.

You knew we were just going to suck this season. I hope we can win 25 games.

Hill is so vanilla. I'm sorry but every time I see him and Gallo on the court I can't help but think of Eric Gordon and Brandon Jennings.

• 4 weeks later...
Ahem.

3 in a row for the Knicks to get to 6-15. \:D/

7-15 kid!! 2.5 games outta the playoffs, pretty nuts.

D'Antoni shortening the rotation is really what I think turned the team around; no one is looking over their shoulder worrying about who's gonna take their spot if they mess up. They are now just worried about playing and playing as a team. I'm actually kind of worried if Curry coming back is going to disrupt our momentum.

I understand having to play JJ and Curry if we want to move them come dec 15th, but I'm of the mindset that I just want to see winning basketball and playoffs at the garden again.

As for the Jennings bandwagon, it cooled off pretty quick after he dropped the double nickel on the warriors. He had a great game tonight, but ended up hurting his knee and wasn't able to finish.

Now the kid obviously has talent, but to me, he doesn't seem to be the perfect fit for this team. The 13 games after the 55 he dropped, his line was this: 18.7 ppg, 6 ast, 3 TO and shooting 37%.

I would bet everything I had that if we gave TD23 the 36 minutes and 19 shots per game that Jennings is averaging over the last 13 games, than douglas could put up equal stats and with much better defense.

His per 36 minutes, TD's line is: 19 pts, 2 asts, 3 trb, 1 stl and shooting 50%..

The bottom line is that Knicks fans, much like jets fans, would probably be upset with jennings' play and complaining that we didn't get Jhill. Jennings wouldn't be playing his 36 minutes, because D'Antoni is in love with Duhon, so I would bet good money we'd be complaining about him too.

Just my two cents.

And the Knicks absolutely **** all over CP3 and the hornets in the 2nd half, on their way to their 4th in a row. They are playing extremely well as of late. Only 2 games back from the 8th seed and with the other teams reeling, I see no reason we can't grab the 7th or 8th spot.

Also, Duhon went off. In our 8 wins, he's averaging over a 6:1 assist to turnover ratio. Cannot complain about that.

Archived