your section in the new house for 2010

joebabyny

I'll tell ya what, the last few week's performance on the field doesn't really make me excited to write the check, but what ya gonna do. Besides, I figure I will be done paying this off before I have any big life long expenses so whatever. Anyway...

What section are you in for the new stadium?

Section 123 here. It's the section where the jets come out of the tunnel, which i think is cool.

A friend of mine took a tour because he is considering club seats. He also is getting tix right with me in 123. He said that if you go toward the back of the lower bowl, the pitch is way higher than the new stadium so you get a really good view. Also, if you are in the upper bowl the highest row in the current stadium is about the same as row 5 in the upper bowl of the new stadium, with all the rows going back from there (up to row 26) all being higher than the top of the current house.

He also looked at the corner club section which is the cheapest of the club seats. He said they were AMAZING! The seats had a great view and the club was just sick. HE is really on the fence about getting them, and probably the only thing holding him back is my reluctance to get them as well, I know those ticket prices will shoot back up sooner rather than later.

He said, overall the stadium is awesome. Said he has never seen anything like it in other nfl stadiums, and that it is so huge, you will never be rubbing shoulders with people.

This year was my first year with season tickets and I am currently in sec 108 and love them. I am not willing to pay nor can I afford the PSL right now so unfortunatly Me and my better half decided to move upstairs and we will be in the nosebleeds in section 323 row 21. With zero senority that is all that was available to me when my phone call came. If I dont like them, I can always bail or wait for an upgrade to a different part of the upper bowl. Luckily niether one of us are afraid of heights.

I am moving up from Section 122 to Section 330 Row 12. Out of principle, I refused to pay the PSL. If I regret it going forward, I can always prey on someone looking to bail on the payments after a couple of years.

This.

I am moving up from Section 124 to Section 305, Row 16.

i am hoping there will be single tix's available. i can't do upper seats.. i am very afraid of heights. I did one game up there, and i couldnt enjoy the game because i was so scared. :shock:

so next year ..i will be looking to buy 1 in the lower seats so if anyone wants to get rid of a tix.. here i am :D

section 321 row 6...I just could not do the PSL thing and can see myself giving up these tickets sooner rather than later...the gameday experience is going to be diminished when I am not going to be able to sit by my friends and will be parking 5 miles from the stadium

section 321 row 6...I just could not do the PSL thing and can see myself giving up these tickets sooner rather than later...the gameday experience is going to be diminished when I am not going to be able to sit by my friends and will be parking 5 miles from the stadium

Don't sweat it bro, I am sure there will be cool people in your section, and I really don't think anyone will have a problem with parking, I am sure it will be more or less the same as it was before construction started.

Don't sweat it bro, I am sure there will be cool people in your section, and I really don't think anyone will have a problem with parking, I am sure it will be more or less the same as it was before construction started.

Actually based on what I have heard, non PSL season ticket holders will have to park in lots outside the reserved PSL parking areas..

Everything is subject to change 4H. I am pretty positive they will allow us Upper Tier people to park in the lots, just we will be by the racetrack or over by where you enter the parking lot. It will be a walk, but we'll be in the stadium lots. It's not like there wouldn't be enough parking to put everyone in once the current stadium is knocked down.

And if it stays the way it is for right now, which is the way you've mentioned, that would just completely SUCK.

Everything is subject to change 4H. I am pretty positive they will allow us Upper Tier people to park in the lots, just we will be by the racetrack or over by where you enter the parking lot. It will be a walk, but we'll be in the stadium lots. It's not like there wouldn't be enough parking to put everyone in once the current stadium is knocked down.

And if it stays the way it is for right now, which is the way you've mentioned, that would just completely SUCK.

if they want to further alienate the fan base it would be to make non PSL holders take satellite parking to get to the stadium- probably some main lots for PSL holders and other farther away stadium lots for non PSL holders.

Actually based on what I have heard, non PSL season ticket holders will have to park in lots outside the reserved PSL parking areas..

Yeah but it isn't gonna be like it is right now with satellite lots, all it really means is the closest lots surrounding the stadium will be reserved, like that one lot in front of the stadium right now that nobody parks in. I would be surprised if you had to walk any further than the distance i already walk from 16h. They are building a TON of parking, and keep in mind, with these satellite lots the jets/giants are paying the land owners of the lots, they are not gonna want to pay that going forward when they can keep that money for themselves. And if the parking was going to be such a huge restrictive thing they would have made a huge deal about it on the stadium website with maps and stuff to try and use it to get people to upgrade.

Plus from what I heard on Monday from the ticket office:

• Psl seats will have priority to the first sections closest to the stadium
    • Psl club seats will be park within the 2nd sections surrounding the stadium
    • Non-Psl seats will be placed into either the edge areas or parking facility (Xanadu)

However, there is going to be a change in who actually gets the 1st section:

• 1st section parking will be coordinated to Tailgating
    • Tailgaters parking in this area will pay an additional per game fee that will be more substanital than it was just to park an RV at the old stadium lot
    • Psl owners will have 1st take of this parking area with any available space to be lotteried off to all non-Psl owners

While tailgating in the lots will still be available, new restrictions will be in full force.

It will take about 6 months in the off season to remove Giants stadium & begin the construction of the "Tailgate Zone" ancellary buildings along with two new hotels to be built against the Izod Center.

Well, there's always NJ Transit...

...And for all this, Foxjet & I were offered section 320...

I'll tell ya what, the last few week's performance on the field doesn't really make me excited to write the check, but what ya gonna do. Besides, I figure I will be done paying this off before I have any big life long expenses so whatever. Anyway...

What section are you in for the new stadium?

Section 123 here. It's the section where the jets come out of the tunnel, which i think is cool.

A friend of mine took a tour because he is considering club seats. He also is getting tix right with me in 123. He said that if you go toward the back of the lower bowl, the pitch is way higher than the new stadium so you get a really good view. Also, if you are in the upper bowl the highest row in the current stadium is about the same as row 5 in the upper bowl of the new stadium, with all the rows going back from there (up to row 26) all being higher than the top of the current house.

He also looked at the corner club section which is the cheapest of the club seats. He said they were AMAZING! The seats had a great view and the club was just sick. HE is really on the fence about getting them, and probably the only thing holding him back is my reluctance to get them as well, I know those ticket prices will shoot back up sooner rather than later.

He said, overall the stadium is awesome. Said he has never seen anything like it in other nfl stadiums, and that it is so huge, you will never be rubbing shoulders with people.

What row??

What was your seniority??

Plus from what I heard on Monday from the ticket office:

• Psl seats will have priority to the first sections closest to the stadium
    • Psl club seats will be park within the 2nd sections surrounding the stadium
    • Non-Psl seats will be placed into either the edge areas or parking facility (Xanadu)

However, there is going to be a change in who actually gets the 1st section:

• 1st section parking will be coordinated to Tailgating
    • Tailgaters parking in this area will pay an additional per game fee that will be more substanital than it was just to park an RV at the old stadium lot
    • Psl owners will have 1st take of this parking area with any available space to be lotteried off to all non-Psl owners

While tailgating in the lots will still be available, new restrictions will be in full force.

It will take about 6 months in the off season to remove Giants stadium & begin the construction of the "Tailgate Zone" ancellary buildings along with two new hotels to be built against the Izod Center.

Well, there's always NJ Transit...

...And for all this, Foxjet & I were offered section 320...

I don't know how much stock i am putting into this. I was told by my rep that parking will be $25 and I'll have the ability to tailgate. Obviously there isn't much info there, but I would think if they were going to try and squeeze out tailgaters they would be sure to let everyone know who signed up for the free upper bowl.

I just can't see the parking situation being much different than it already is. I know they are going to have a lot of concessions and attractions outside of the stadium, so maybe the lots right up against it won't allow tailgating, but I imagine that really won't make such a big deal. And for anyone thinking they will be dealing with sattelite lots and buses, I think thats crazy, before construction there was always enough parking, and there will be enough after construction. It will be the same as it used to be, as long as you come early enough to not have to deal with indor parking you will get a spot where you can do your thing.

Baumer based on your information why am I getting this feeling that you will only be able to tailgate in that assigned area?

That may be a strong possibility, especially since both team's are building a "Tailgate Shopping Area" where you can buy everything because it will include a butcher shop as well as a convenience store.

I don't know how much stock i am putting into this. I was told by my rep that parking will be $25 and I'll have the ability to tailgate. Obviously there isn't much info there, but I would think if they were going to try and squeeze out tailgaters they would be sure to let everyone know who signed up for the free upper bowl.

I just can't see the parking situation being much different than it already is. I know they are going to have a lot of concessions and attractions outside of the stadium, so maybe the lots right up against it won't allow tailgating, but I imagine that really won't make such a big deal. And for anyone thinking they will be dealing with sattelite lots and buses, I think thats crazy, before construction there was always enough parking, and there will be enough after construction. It will be the same as it used to be, as long as you come early enough to not have to deal with indor parking you will get a spot where you can do your thing.

This seems 10x more realistic. A little bit more expensive, and maybe you may have to park a little farther out, but non PSL holders I believe will be able to tailgate without problem at the new stadium.

I understand you resolve. However, You can not be serious about parking.

As of this point durring the construction phase parking has been cut into 3 locations:

• Lyndhurst
  • Xanadu
  • Giants Stadium

And the only reason that the parking near the stadium & at Xanadu has been easy is because in order to park there, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PARKING PERMIT.

You have to come to terms that when the construction is finally finished, our parking set up will change as well.

84.siteplan_0328-updated-color-coded-121808.jpg

They intend to create "Tailgate Zone" Parking along the Western "50 Yardline walk" which extends from the stadium driveway to the end of the former Stadium club parking facility.

92.GreatHall_Jets_450.jpg

This is where they intend to limit LARGE SCALE tailgating to.

To be quite frank, they have been instructing us since construction began that tailgating has been limited to the EXACT space of your parking space - YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE UP AN ADDITIONAL SPACE.

Hell, They've forced a lot of large scale vehicles to move to spaces off of the parking area, just to make room for them.

So, I still can not see where you are coming from on your judgement?

Archived