Mark Sanchez-- Was it worth it?

MikeJetsWord

I was serious!

Desean Jackson FTW! I was pumped when we traded up with him on the board. Then I hear we're drafting a TE?

:face:

I've been calling for Sperm as Jets GM for a while, certainly an upgrade over Tanny. Maybe you and him could be Co-GM's? Awesome.

Keller stinks too to add insult.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never got to see Ratliff Play (and Cleveland probably wont, with two high paid QB's on the roster in front of him)

We Probably wont get to see Ainge Play either .

Clemens is a Disaster that much is evident. Hes a practice MVP because hes got a red jersey on.

I like Sanchez and I think under the right OC he will be damn good.

That being said I did not like the fact we traded up for him. I wanted the Jets to Play Ratliff since he did prove in pre season he could handle the offense and stand in the pocket. He was one step closer than most college players by succeeding in the pre season but he never go his shot.

The worst move this franchise made was signing Brett Favre. When Minny needs him to step up in a closely played Playoff game they will realize the same mistake.

I was serious!

Desean Jackson FTW! I was pumped when we traded up with him on the board. Then I hear we're drafting a TE?

:face:

I've been calling for Sperm as Jets GM for a while, certainly an upgrade over Tanny. Maybe you and him could be Co-GM's? Awesome.

We would have traded down from the #6 spot even if we didn't get textbook equal value. Coming off a 4-win season the Jets needed more than one rookie DE/OLB with a high bust-factor who came complete with a gargantuan, pro bowl veteran contract.

...and thank you for feeding my hungry ego.

Dynasty!!! And if we had some underachievers, we could hire Bit to do our press conferences addressing them under performing.

well played lol

I could see him asking cimini over and over, well who do you take at 6 then? Then rebuffing every answer as unrealistic due to mocknostigators draft boards..

The worst move this franchise made was signing Brett Favre. When Minny needs him to step up in a closely played Playoff game they will realize the same mistake.

Got rid of chad, and Miami found otu what a mistake signign chad was this year and end of last

Got rid of chad, and Miami found otu what a mistake signign chad was this year and end of last

Ok so if we had chad last year we make the playoffs then we draft sanchez let him play a year under chad learn the game and how to study film and let chad mentor him. Or better yet let chad mentor ratliff and spend the picks on some god damn WR's and RB's who can catch the football.

The above scenario would have had us in the playoffs the last 2 years and possibly contending for a SB this year with this defense and running game.

its been 2 years im still waitng for a coherant answer from any1

I gave one then and I give it now. Trade down even if it's not textbook value. The team needed more than Vernon Gholston and his stupidly-large contract for a high bust factor player changing positions.

Pats were 1 pick later AND the "blue chip" Gholston was off the board already and they were still able to trade down. Don't even try to tell me other teams who run 4-3 defenses wanted to wait until the last "blue chip" prospect was gone before making a move up in the draft.

Ok so if we had chad last year we make the playoffs then we draft sanchez let him play a year under chad learn the game and how to study film and let chad mentor him. Or better yet let chad mentor ratliff and spend the picks on some god damn WR's and RB's who can catch the football.

The above scenario would have had us in the playoffs the last 2 years and possibly contending for a SB this year with this defense and running game.

Chad had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio with Schotty and nearly 3:1 elsewhere.

I wouldn't be so sure that Chad would have been a successful QB here when healthy under Rex.

I gave one then and I give it now. Trade down even if it's not textbook value. The team needed more than Vernon Gholston and his stupidly-large contract for a high bust factor player changing positions.

Pats were 1 pick later AND the "blue chip" Gholston was off the board already and they were still able to trade down. Don't even try to tell me other teams who run 4-3 defenses wanted to wait until the last "blue chip" prospect was gone before making a move up in the draft.

Trading down was the only other viable option.

If the Jets stayed put at 6, Gholston was the right choice at the time.

Chad had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio with Schotty and nearly 3:1 elsewhere.

I wouldn't be so sure that Chad would have been a successful QB here when healthy under Rex.

SMC this brings up the schotty debate yet again. I think in the grand scheme of things we can always point to the shotty question and it would be the right direction to point.

Notice Sanchez seems very annoyed at time with the sideline and how the plays are coming in ? Chad used to have the same annoyed looks .

Trading down was the only other viable option.

If the Jets stayed put at 6, Gholston was the right choice at the time.

Since Rivers was 2 picks later and we needed MLB much more than OLB (where we already spent millions) why not grab a real solid football player rather than the project disaster ?

If anyone thinks the Mark Sanchez pick wasn't worth it, then shoot yourself please. Mark Sanchez has showed us he can be brilliant at times and he has shown us he can be a rookie sometimes, which is completely normal.

This playbook is not for Sanchez. It's just not. We need to run, but we have absolutely no explosive plays at all. None. On top of that, Sanchez has showed us he can sling it in the winds of the Meadowlands.

Since Rivers was 2 picks later and we needed MLB much more than OLB (where we already spent millions) why not grab a real solid football player rather than the project disaster ?

Rivers was 3 picks later and that early in the draft it's significant. Plus, when you already have one solid ILB you don't burn the #6 pick on another one, ahead of where he's expected to go no less.

huh? what? why?

There is no one on the Jets staff that can teach Sanchez anything but Bill Callahan. We need to either bring a QB coach or a offensive coordiantor that has made a QB better. I have no one in mind. I know for a fact that piece of **** Schotty will get fired after the season. We can't just hire any OC. We need someone who has to help Sanchez just as much as this offense.

Schotty has done neither.

There is no one on the Jets staff that can teach Sanchez anything but Bill Callahan. We need to either bring a QB coach or a offensive coordiantor that has made a QB better. I have no one in mind. I know for a fact that piece of **** Schotty will get fired after the season. We can't just hire any OC. We need someone who has to help Sanchez just as much as this offense.

Schotty has done neither.

You know for a fact? You gotta connection on the inside or something? Cuz I think we see B. Schitty here again in 2010.

Still dont know what Marc Bulger could teach Sanchez, he is doodoo.

Rivers was 3 picks later and that early in the draft it's significant. Plus, when you already have one solid ILB you don't burn the #6 pick on another one, ahead of where he's expected to go no less.

I thought Mcfadden and Gholston were disasters before the draft even started. I stated as much pretty vocally

We had 3 OLB's and alot of money tied up in the position. We had 1 ILB in Harris and Barton on his way out with little depth at all. So a huge lack of depth and minus 1 starter. I dont think Rivers was a bad pick at all. Im going to be 100 % honest I had Gholston pegged to be exactly what he is, so from my perspective at the time if we could not trade out of the pick lets not waste it completely which we did.

You know for a fact? You gotta connection on the inside or something? Cuz I think we see B. Schitty here again in 2010.

We'll have a losing season in 2010 if that bastard Schotty is still here.

You realize your killin me right :( . Your killin me because I know WTF your saying is probably correct.

I thought Mcfadden and Gholston were disasters before the draft even started. I stated as much pretty vocally

We had 3 OLB's and alot of money tied up in the position. We had 1 ILB in Harris and Barton on his way out with little depth at all. So a huge lack of depth and minus 1 starter. I dont think Rivers was a bad pick at all. Im going to be 100 % honest I had Gholston pegged to be exactly what he is, so from my perspective at the time if we could not trade out of the pick lets not waste it completely which we did.

Who was the third OLB we already had?

Thomas was thought to be as good as gone since capwise he'd finally become expendable. No doubt they figured either Gholston would start the season right away or gradually take Thomas' job away by mid-season at the latest, and with relative ease.

But on draft day 2008, the Jets figured they had a glaring hole at OLB. Thomas was the guy who was starting because there was no one else.

Who was the third OLB we already had?

Thomas was thought to be as good as gone since capwise he'd finally become expendable. No doubt they figured either Gholston would start the season right away or gradually take Thomas' job away by mid-season at the latest, and with relative ease.

But on draft day 2008, the Jets figured they had a glaring hole at OLB. Thomas was the guy who was starting because there was no one else.

We had Thomas, Pace and Bowens Bowens was obviously for passing downs and depth. Either way we had nothing at ILB other than Harris.

its been 2 years im still waitng for a coherant answer from any1

You've attempted ti create and arguement with no answer, but the reality is that you just don't like the answers..

the correct move at the time was accept less value (as much less as neccesary) to move down for someone looking to leapfrog the pats

Oh and CTM damn the bad luck Miami had last year going 11-5 and winning the division with no WR's to speak of.

Also if you think any QB could have done better vs the Ravens with the WR's the fins had last year you are dilusional/

you're chad love is "dilisional"

sicko

I said at the time it was bad move and it still is today. We have 2 different philospies going. They built a team to win now and drafted a QB to sell PSLs, err, I mean for the future.

Should have used the pick on Harvin, and picked up Garcia. We'd be 11-3 right now.

And I'm a huge USC fan and like Sanchez.

0% chance we make the playoffs last year with chad based on the over 20 stat alone (and how bad the defense was)

trading down only works if you have a pick people want

who would trade up? and why?

if he Jets could have traded out of 6 i think they would have

weren't the rumors at the time that we were looking to move up cause the pats tricked us into thinking they were looking to leapfrog us for Gholston?

We had Thomas, Pace and Bowens Bowens was obviously for passing downs and depth. Either way we had nothing at ILB other than Harris.

First off, you're right - I had forgotten about Bowens. But Bowens was a backup for emergencies and was otherwise purely a situational pass-rusher, not a starter. He'd just signed a new 2-year contract through 2009 a month earlier but it included no signing bonus money and a $500K roster bonus. It was a "just in case we don't draft a OLB" contract, but if they did then he could be cut without cap penalty prior to the '09 season.

We had a hole at starting OLB just as much as we had one at starting ILB. A hole in that technically there was a starter in place, but he sucked balls.

I woudn't have been ok with using a #6 overall pick on him PLUS a contract with $20M guaranteed. Not with Harris already in place.

The move then was the same as the move in hindsight: get out of the big-money position and recoup some sorely-needed draft picks since we burned a bunch of picks on only a few players in the prior draft (however well they turned out).

The Jets braintrust handed the starting job to Sanchez with no competition. That's negative reinforcement. They then told him throw all the iNT's you want, we won't pull you. That's more negative reinforcement. He hurts himself, sit's out one game, and although Clemens was rusty, the team wins. The following week, Sanchez is back behind center, throws 3 picks, but he'll be starting a gain next week. That's negative reinforcement. I'm not sure what is the message they are trying to send this kid? We love you unconditionally?

Archived