Gregg Hayim: Don't Blame the Defense

Maxman

Once I KNEW the Jets were gonna lose, I immediatley told my wife we cannot blame the defense for this. They have been playing great the last 3-4 weeks, they are #1 and they keep HAVING to play this way because the ****ing offense cant kick a damn FG without messing it up.

We are not going ot make the playoffs and its not the D's fault. If we build on this D, it will be better and thats a scary thought. Now all we have to hope for is that while we try to build up the Offense, our Defense doesnt fall by the wayside.

And of course, the Mexican Sensation needs to grow, and that too will happen.

The only game I would really blame on the D is the 1st dol-phag game and the 2nd pats game...other than that the D can stand proud, and ill stand with them because the Jets FINALLY have a Defense we can all be proud of. Period. :box:

Paper Tiger Defense.

Letting us down every time a big moment comes their way.

Miami, Jacksonville, and Atlanta.

They can take their #1 rankings and shove them straight up their asses. Stop teams when you need to and FINISH off games.

#1 Defenses, Elite Defenses, Great Defenses, do not let Atlanta score there. Period.

Paper Tiger Defense.

They can take their #1 rankings and shove them straight up their asses. Stop teams when you need to and FINISH off games.

#1 Defenses, Elite Defenses, Great Defenses, do not let Atlanta score there. Period.

And medicore teams make one or two of those kicks rendering the last score moot.

Paper Tiger Defense.

How long was the D on the field Sunday? How much less time would they have been on the field if the ball was not intercepted? They were tired... yes it would have been great to see a big stop, but if the O doesn't turn over the ball and they hit 2 of 3 FGS it don't matter. Plus we are missing Jenkens our biggest up front guy.

How long was the D on the field Sunday? How much less time would they have been on the field if the ball was not intercepted? They were tired... yes it would have been great to see a big stop, but if the O doesn't turn over the ball and they hit 2 of 3 FGS it don't matter. Plus we are missing Jenkens our biggest up front guy.

What was the TOP? I don't know why they would be tired with the game on the line, it didn't seem that they were out that long. The offense did get into range for FGs after all, the ST just bungled 3 FGs.

Nobody is saying the offense isn't to blame, but the defense is to blame too, plus there are different standards. It's a cold, windy day where neither offense can get anything going, the defense is full of pro bowlers, the opposing offense doesn't have its starting RB, you've held them for 57:54 of a game, why not expect them to finish?

The team is a bunch of losers, I don't care who you want to put blame on, they're losers. If the offense becomes good the defense will just suck anyway.

Paper Tiger Defense.

:face:

I'm just happy your uncle is out of the country.

And medicore teams make one or two of those kicks rendering the last score moot.

EVERYONE... the offense, defense and kicking game deserve blame.

Sure, the offense didn't score much, so they should get blame.

The damned FG team was 0-3, that deserves a LOT of blame.

The D deserves blame too.. make 1 more play and we win. That's 3 blown games inside the 2 minute warning by this D.

This D deserves blame for not being one of the greatest defenses of all time. If they were the Jets would have three more wins. They are only the best D in the NFL this year. If the O were a slightly below average NFL O how many more wins would we have?

The Jets D is that #1 contender that has blown through all his opponents to get the championship fight, nails the champion with his best shots, and then goes down to the champ's right and never answers the count. The Jet's D might be #1, but they're certainly not championship material. In a big spot, they go down like a JN mod.

The Jets D is that #1 contender that has blown through all his opponents to get the championship fight, nails the champion with his best shots, and then goes down to the champ's right and never answers the count. The Jet's D might be #1, but they're certainly not championship material. In a big spot, they go down like a JN mod.

Yep, they give up double digit points! How can any team be expected to win?

Guys...what I was saying was not that their is no blame to be put on the defense. Quite the contrary, certainly they are saddled with their share of the blame for not being able to make "the key stop". But what I am saying is that for the #1 defense in the league to have a .500 record means the offense isnt giving them much help, and from my vantage point I see a young qb whose decision making is the chief culprit....not that im re-inventing the wheel with these sentiments, but for the love of g-d were not asking for 28 pts p/game, were asking for double digits!

Paper Tiger Defense.

Yeah.. i mean they let us down in a big way when NE had the ball driving for the win in week 2..

And TN the week after.. and Buffalo 2..

not to mention completely shutting down Houston, Oakland and Carolina for our 3 other wins..

besidies that you are competely right..

Archived