Global Warming My Ass

New York Mick

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think it's funny that as much as libs bitch about CEO pay they never complain that angelina jolie makes $30 million a flick. could it be because hollyweird is overwhelmingly "progressive?"

makes you think, don't it?

I really don't give a crap about what Angelina makes. That's between her and the studio making 10x that amount on the movies she's paid to be in. They haven't priced me out of the movie theaters, yet.

People working in the industry do very well, too. There's a lot of money around, and they actually let a lot of it make it all the way to the workers. Much more so than in a lot of other industries.

I really don't give a crap about what Angelina makes. That's between her and the studio making 10x that amount on the movies she's paid to be in. They haven't priced me out of the movie theaters, yet.

People working in the industry do very well, too. There's a lot of money around, and they actually let a lot of it make it all the way to the workers. Much more so than in a lot of other industries.

and CEO pay is between him and the shareholders. thanks for playing.

i bet some of the ledger swill show that the CEOs are paid equal/less % wise than the stars or producers..

and movies have really raised prices big time,,i ought to know ;)

Its only us rich folk now at the theaters..Hey wheres Max?

....for slats' precious social programs.

And what social programs might those be?

Where in my post did I advocate raising taxes?

Wow you have a bizarre tendancy to read meaning into things that isn't remotely there.

No where. There's no logic on that side of the aisle, and they're forced to create these straw man arguments to argue against so they can pound their chests righteously.

You and your social programs! You're raising my taxes!

It's just their BS backdrop.

I've got other things to do. I'll let you guys wrap up this thread before Max comes back from the Movies and Glenn Beck comes on.

Modern day CEOs are not innovators. They are pencil pushers.

This makes me think about Ayn Rand. She said liberals don't see the problem with taxing businesses all to hell because to them business is just a magic hat where money can be pulled out of at will. in reality, business is hard work, otherwise we'd all be millionaires. but liberals prefer to blame this on "bad luck" and "unfairness" except for the ugly truth: most of us lack the necessary skills to run a big company or create wealth through entrepreneurship.

And what social programs might those be?

No where. There's no logic on that side of the aisle, and they're forced to create these straw man arguments to argue against so they can pound their chests righteously.

You and your social programs! You're raising my taxes!

It's just their BS backdrop.

I've got other things to do. I'll let you guys wrap up this thread before Max comes back from the Movies and Glenn Beck comes on.

Wow, you just threw me....you know what time Glenn Beck comes on?

Climate change is natural and has always been happening. 200 years ago, the Thames in London froze every winter and they had fairs on it.

1,000 years ago, the Vikings were farming on Greenland.

The world gets warmer, the world gets cooler.

But, it's a wonderful excuse to come up with all these green taxes. We had a Carbon Tax imposed on us a couple of months ago. Nothing to do with the fact the economy's in the s**tter, of course, yet John Gormley and the rest of his Green party filth continue to preach and patronise.

The only use for a Green Party politician is fertilising the soil.

that's 4 people that are "incorrectly assuming" what you want. how about we quit playing ring around the rosie and you tell us what it is that you're advocating?

I believe it's arguing for arguments sake. Heck, we are all contrarians to a certain extent, but this fellow takes the cake. Of course, because of rising costs and higher taxes, the slice will be significantly smaller. :)

very like topic actually

No. It's an attempt to change the subject which is a lame debate tactic often employed by those who have no valid reply.

No one here was discussing what actors make. They make insane amounts of money. They also don't have the power to fire people when their movies fail.

I used to work for AOL Time Warner. When the stock price stagnated and everything the entertainment division touched turned to crap they responded by laying off shift workers and middle managment people all over the company.

The stock price didn't budge. More people got laid off.

CEO Dick Parsons, one of the key players in the ulitmately doomed AOL/Time Warner merger which led to all these layoffs, eventually left about a year ago to run Citigroup. Since he left, Time Warner's stock has pretty much doubled. He got a huge payoff when he left Time Warner even though he did a lousy job running the company.

So 1000s of people lost their jobs while Dick Parsons made millions doing a bad job.

How is that the American Dream?

Climate change is natural and has always been happening. 200 years ago, the Thames in London froze every winter and they had fairs on it.

But, it's a wonderful excuse to come up with all these green taxes. We had a Carbon Tax imposed on us a couple of months ago. Nothing to do with the fact the economy's in the s**tter, of course, yet John Gormley and the rest of his Green party filth continue to preach and patronise.

You make too much sense for a young man.

quit being so logical :D

great post

No. It's an attempt to change the subject which is a lame debate tactic often employed by those who have no valid reply.

No one here was discussing what actors make. They make insane amounts of money. They also don't have the power to fire people when their movies fail.

I used to work for AOL Time Warner. When the stock price stagnated and everything the entertainment division touched turned to crap they responded by laying off shift workers and middle managment people all over the company.

CEO Dick Parsons, one of the key players in the ulitmately doomed AOL/Time Warner merger which led to all these layoffs, eventually left about a year ago to run Citigroup. Since he left, Time Warner's stock has pretty much doubled. He got a huge payoff when he left Time Warner even though he did a lousy job running the company.

So 1000s of people lost their jobs while Dick Parsons made millions doing a bad job.

antecodal evidence is a tactic often employed by those who have no valid reply

without risk their would be no innovation. pointing out one failed merger only strengthens my argument.

i think substitute actors for producers (which most of the money they get is form, teh proucer tag cut)

no one complains about the CEOs in Hollywood. Their %s are worse than CEOs

The problem with capitalism is that it makes everyone worry about the day that they might become rich.

Too many people don't worry about their current situation.

I don't know dude, it kinda makes me strive to make as much and be as successful as I can be. I am sue I could go get some union job or work for someone and make a nice amount more than I do now, but I know there is a ceiling there so I take the harder road to try and ultimately do better. The people that cry about how much more others make don't understand that or are too lazy to try and do it themselves for the most part. Yeah maybe I worry about the tax rate for the highest bracket incomes even though i am not near that bracket, but I worry because I know I hustle my @ss off as hard or harder than anyone here to get myself into that bracket. That is why this country rose to prominence in such short time, ahead of countries around a lot longer than us. Sadly, it seems like we've reached the apex of the bell curve on industriousness in this country and more people are worried about getting free this and that and making others pay for it because they have more than i do than they are about attaining it themselves.

Not really trying to be political or assign either end of the political spectrum to either side of this issue. This is more of an economy/business issue, the fact that liberals/conservatives come down on one side or the other is irrelevent to this post.

I don't know dude, it kinda makes me strive to make as much and be as successful as I can be. I am sue I could go get some union job or work for someone and make a nice amount more than I do now, but I know there is a ceiling there so I take the harder road to try and ultimately do better. The people that cry about how much more others make don't understand that or are too lazy to try and do it themselves for the most part. Yeah maybe I worry about the tax rate for the highest bracket incomes even though i am not near that bracket, but I worry because I know I hustle my @ss off as hard or harder than anyone here to get myself into that bracket. That is why this country rose to prominence in such short time, ahead of countries around a lot longer than us. Sadly, it seems like we've reached the apex of the bell curve on industriousness in this country and more people are worried about getting free this and that and making others pay for it because they have more than i do than they are about attaining it themselves.

Not really trying to be political or assign either end of the political spectrum to either side of this issue. This is more of an economy/business issue, the fact that liberals/conservatives come down on one side or the other is irrelevent to this post.

great great post Joseph

should have had patriotic music playing in background

Archived