Predict Mike Francesa's excuse for the Jets win

Bergen Jet

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most ridiculous thing today was a montage of the 5 missed field goals by Shayne and Kaeding, with Francessa speaking over each one going, "wow, what a defense Jets", "great defense", "see now they're proving what a great defense they have", "how great is their field goal defense!"

Well, he basically just explained what this is all about, somewhat unintentionally.

The caller said he wanted to hear, 'Good game Jets'.

He said, 'yeah, that's good radio'.

If he just said the Jets played well, there wouldn't be anything to talk about.

Well, he basically just explained what this is all about, somewhat unintentionally.

Really? The Jets are going to the AFC Championship Game for the first time in 11 years and only the third time since the merger.

I got a feeling there would be plenty to talk about.

Really? The Jets are going to the AFC Championship Game for the first time in 11 years and only the third time since the merger.

Nothing that's particularly interesting.

The current audience doesn't give a crap about 98, nor SBIII. They need to talk about last game, and the upcoming game... And last game, one thing that stands out, is 3 missed FGs. Anyone expecting a radio host who is on the air for over 3 hours a day, every day, not to talk about it is beyond delusional.

Like EY said, he's trying to make for more attention/radio.

And the "outrage" he's creating has got a 3 page thread with 100+ responses to it. That's' him doing what he does. It's easier to incite emotions that cause impulsive reactions than to sit there and agree with everyone. Sure he could be more diplomatic, but if you really wanted that you'd change the channel.

Not saying YOU in particular Kleck, just to whoever is listening to him right now.

And the "outrage" he's creating has got a 3 page thread with 100+ responses to it. That's' him doing what he does. It's easier to incite emotions that cause impulsive reactions than to sit there and agree with everyone. Sure he could be more diplomatic, but if you really wanted that you'd change the channel.

Not saying YOU in particular Kleck, just to whoever is listening to him right now.

So you're saying Francesca is a LAZY, fat prick.

That is total BS. i don't believe for one second that THAT is what it's all about.

Why doesn't he play devils advocate when covering the Yankees or Giants, then? Exactly. BS. Giants/Yankees bias is what he's about.

Easier is the wrong word.

It's better TV/Radio.

Would people watch the Jersey Shore if everyone was normal, went out, had a few drinks, maybe talked to a girl or two, and then came home and went to bed?

That is total BS. i don't believe for one second that THAT is what it's all about.

Why doesn't he play devils advocate when covering the Yankees or Giants, then? Exactly. BS. Giants/Yankees bias is what he's about.

I don't listen to him that often, I only am now, because of this thread.

Fact is, those 3 kicks happened, and he's going to talk about them because they're the big target. He just gave the Jets a ton of respect in the last segment, but that'll be ignored.

It's better TV/Radio.

Would people watch the Jersey Shore if everyone was normal, went out, had a few drinks, maybe talked to a girl or two, and then came home and went to bed?

Right, I mean it depends on what someone would consider "better." But definitely, more intense emotions and drama are more certain to catch the attention and lure an audience than Ben Stein sitting around agreeing with someone on something. I'm with you though, I completely agree.

Me, I don't like him so I just figure if he's got an axe to grind he can do it as long he's generating a commotion about it.

This is not an act by Franscesca, he's simply being his ahole self.

Note, that not a single Jet has been on his show (and neither has Rex) since the playoffs started.

In fact, after Franscesca called the Jets defense and running game overrated before the Bengals playoff game, Rex mysteriously cancelled his scheduled appearance on the show. I don't know if the 2 are related, but it seems obvious.

Remember, Jet players and Rex have been on other WFAN radio shows but haven't appeared on WFAN's biggest show??? What does that tell you???

I'm saying he's a smart fat prick.

He's doing his job. Get people to call in, and tune in and discuss HIS reactions. It's clear he doesn't care about other peoples reactions, he cares bout making sure he is heard.

Yes, but as Verde pointed out, he doesn't do this with the Giants or Yankees. Why? Giants and Yankees fans can be just as vocal and defensive when you make dumbass comments about their teams. They are New Yorkers after all.

There is clearly some malice there.

Right, I mean it depends on what someone would consider "better." But definitely, more intense emotions and drama are more certain to catch the attention and lure an audience than Ben Stein sitting around agreeing with someone on something. I'm with you though, I completely agree.

Me, I don't like him so I just figure if he's got an axe to grind he can do it as long he's generating a commotion about it.

I don't have an opinion either way about him... Because all those opinions are based on what that person said last about your favorite team.

Look around the board. Is there a single writer/commentator who would be left standing if we did away with everyone who was once 'an idiot' on JetNation?

Note, that not a single Jet has been on his show (and neither has Rex) since the playoffs started.

In fact, after Franscesca called the Jets defense and running game overrated before the Bengals playoff game, Rex mysteriously cancelled his scheduled appearance on the show. I don't know if the 2 are related, but it seems obvious.

Remember, Jet players and Rex have been on other WFAN radio shows but haven't appeared on WFAN's biggest show??? What does that tell you???

It tells you the host is a lazy fat douche.

It's better TV/Radio.

You're in the business, EY. Tell me if I'm off base.

What's going to get better ratings, Franscesca anti-Jets rants or Jet appearances by players, coaches, Rex and Mike T?

I don't listen to him that often, I only am now, because of this thread.

Fact is, those 3 kicks happened, and he's going to talk about them because they're the big target. He just gave the Jets a ton of respect in the last segment, but that'll be ignored.

Plus, any Jet fan that denies that those 3 kicks didn't end up helping us is kidding themselves.

**** like that happens all the time in some shape way or form every game in the NFL. Missed kick, bobbled snap, fumbled ball on a KO, Intercepted ball that's fumbled, etc. As long as it's happening to the Jets fat boy can cry about it all he wants. We got plenty of people that cry about the tuck rule game. **** happens, be happy it's happening to us for a change.

What's going to get better ratings, Franscesca anti-Jets rants or Jet appearances by players, coaches, Rex and Mike T?

I'd guess the former..

but i don't know why anyone cares what he says

Yes, but as Verde pointed out, he doesn't do this with the Giants or Yankees. Why? Giants and Yankees fans can be just as vocal and defensive when you make dumbass comments about their teams. They are New Yorkers after all.

There is clearly some malice there.

Definitely.

But he's still performing his job function by creating a show that is "entertaining" to draw ratings and for people to call in. He's got an axe to grind, so what? Enjoy the hatred if anything. He' gotta sit on his fat ass and talk Jets while we're in the playoffs while his team didn't make it into the playoffs. Sucks to be him, good time to be a Jets fan.

Umm, Not enough room for Fatessa and Rex to be in the studio at the same time?

I'd guess the former..

but i don't know why anyone cares what he says

Really? I would think Jet fans would want to listen to Mangold or Rex interview rather than hear Franscesca bash the Jets.

That said, I actually watch his Mike'd Up show on NBC and he is no where near an ahole as he is on his radio show (which I no longer listen to).

I agree with you too, that I don't know why anyone cares what he says. I believe he's irrelevant now.

What your point forgets, is this is not a show for Jets fans. Outside of Rex, do you think fans of other teams are tuning in to hear Kerry Rhodes speak?

Now, in any given show, segment, Rex would outdraw any of this. Problem is, I don't think you can put on 3 hours of boring programming for an interesting 30 minutes.

A 3.5 hour program that is emotional and gets people riled up, is better than a 3 hour program which is about ass kissing, then an interesting interview.

Really? I would think Jet fans would want to listen to Mangold or Rex interview rather than hear Franscesca bash the Jets.

That said, I actually watch his Mike'd Up show on NBC and he is no where near an ahole as he is on his radio show (which I no longer listen to).

I agree with you too, that I don't know why anyone cares what he says. I believe he's irrelevant now.

As I said above. This is not a show that airs only on SNY. It needs to have broader appeal.

What your point forgets, is this is not a show for Jets fans. Outside of Rex, do you think fans of other teams are tuning in to hear Kerry Rhodes speak?

Now, in any given show, segment, Rex would outdraw any of this. Problem is, I don't think you can put on 3 hours of boring programming for an interesting 30 minutes.

A 3.5 hour program that is emotional and gets people riled up, is better than a 3 hour program which is about ass kissing, then an interesting interview.

You didn't answer my question. Why doesn't he do anything but ball wash the Yankees and Giants then?

You didn't answer my question. Why doesn't he do anything but ball wash the Yankees and Giants then?

I didn't answer your question because I don't listen regularly, and I have no idea if he's actually ball washing the Yankees and the Giants, or if that's just YOUR biases.

I didn't answer your question because I don't listen regularly, and I have no idea if he's actually ball washing the Yankees and the Giants, or if that's just YOUR biases.

Franscesca definately ball washes the Yanks and Giants.

That's what I thought you'd say.:Banane43: Perhaps you should listen a bit so you can better access his agenda.

But my case rests. If it's purely ratings he's after, he'd be a devil's advocate (aka a$$hole) towards the Yanks & Giants too, because, you know, ratings n all.

Archived