Predict Mike Francesa's excuse for the Jets win

Bergen Jet

I no longer listen to him (haven't in years) but there will be multiple threads regarding Francesa this week and his obvious hatred of Gang Green.

What will his excuse for the victory be this week? Or will he just not mention it and focus on why we will get killed by the Colts/Chargers?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Francessa will say, "Palmer simply never showed up for the game and let an underachieving rookie QB who has looked lost at times this year, out play him. That was the game."

That will give him a chance to have an out....how could he know Palmer wouldn't show up. And also bash the Jets at the same time.

I may actually watch him for a change.

this has to be taped from last night BeeJay...Mink is doing the sports saying the hockey game is still going on...still the Jets will have had played...should be funny

Everybody post the best stuff

Francesca is a different person on his radio show and his national or network show (the Sunday football show is syndicated nationally).

He praised the Jets on the Sunday show, but just wait for his local radio show when he'll rip them again.

BTW, Francesca claims he's just a "football fan" but he's a known Giants fan.

His toddler son also confirmed it.

There was 2 hats on the table (Giants and Jets) next to each other and the kid put on the Giants hat. The camera pulled away from the kid and a couple of minutes later the camera shows the kid and he's wearing a Jet cap.

he will simply say the bengals lost the game, the jets did not win it, and the bengals injuries made it impossible to field a full strength team, so the jets beat a JV team again

but why listen anyway ?

listen to mike and mike and boomer and carton

He will give little credit to the Jets for actually winning. He'll say the Bengals really aren't a good team. He'll yap about Shayne Graham missing some easy kicks.

Then, the inevitable, the Jets will get scrubbed at Indy or San Diego.

I no longer listen to him (haven't in years) but there will be multiple threads regarding Francesa this week and his obvious hatred of Gang Green.

What will his excuse for the victory be this week? Or will he just not mention it and focus on why we will get killed by the Colts/Chargers?

He will say Bengals were weak playoff link and then he will hope chargers/colts beat us and say 'i told u so'

He'll rant and rave about how Palmer had a bad thumb that made it hard for him to grip and throw on target and how the wide receivers all got hurt. He'll also make a huge deal of the LB getting hurt on special teams and how that led to all the Jets offense. He'll proceed to rip them for Benson and the fact that they let the Bengals have a good chance to cut the score to 7.

He'll rant and rave about how Palmer had a bad thumb that made it hard for him to grip and throw on target and how the wide receivers all got hurt. He'll also make a huge deal of the LB getting hurt on special teams and how that led to all the Jets offense. He'll proceed to rip them for Benson and the fact that they let the Bengals have a good chance to cut the score to 7.

More or less he'll tear into Cincy for being the pretenders they are, and preduct doom for us next week.

If you notice, Mike began hedging his bets very early on in the week. Yes, he was bashing the Jets constantly but he also kept saying "but I think the Jets have a good shot this week." That's how he does it, he plays both sides, he speaks out of two sides of his mouth.

I predict that he'll spend this week talking about Braylon Edwards dropped touchdown pass and saying "you aren't going to be able to beat San Diego like that!"

Heres the list of the excuses

- Carson was hurt

- the wind was blowing too hard

- Marvin Lewis isn't any good

- they had a short week to prepare

- the media exposure got the Bengals

- the turf was slippery

- did I mention about the wind

Jesus Christ I can't imagine wasting my afternoon listening to that windbag tomorrow.

This's got my vote. Fat POS.

Im a Yankee fan and realized that this is what Francessa does to Mets fans all year. He makes them feel inferior...like the Yankees lil brother. And you know what, they all buy into it and tune in every day to see what the Fat man says about the Mets. It makes for great radio and evebn greater ratings. Mike is doing the same thing with the Jets right now (PS - traditionaly most Jets fans are Mets fans)

This is what Mike is doing right now to us Jets fans. He knows we will all be tuned in to see what he says Monday at 1 pm. We are giving him the ratings he covets by listening to what he has to say. You wanna hurt the guy? Then don't tune in and give him the ratings. His ratings have been on a steady decline since MAd Dog left (to the point that they are consodering signing Mad Dog when his contract with Sirius expires). If the ratings keep goinf down its just a matter of time before Boomer or Beningo is doing the coveted drive time slot.

Dont fall for it guys, he is playing Jets fans like a fiddle for his ratings

Im a Yankee fan and realized that this is what Francessa does to Mets fans all year. He makes them feel inferior...like the Yankees lil brother. And you know what, they all buy into it and tune in every day to see what the Fat man says about the Mets. It makes for great radio and evebn greater ratings. Mike is doing the same thing with the Jets right now (PS - traditionaly most Jets fans are Mets fans)

This is what Mike is doing right now to us Jets fans. He knows we will all be tuned in to see what he says Monday at 1 pm. We are giving him the ratings he covets by listening to what he has to say. You wanna hurt the guy? Then don't tune in and give him the ratings. His ratings have been on a steady decline since MAd Dog left (to the point that they are consodering signing Mad Dog when his contract with Sirius expires). If the ratings keep goinf down its just a matter of time before Boomer or Beningo is doing the coveted drive time slot.

Where did you hear that stuff about MadDog? I happen to like Francesa, and I know Yankees fans who can't stand him (I'm a Mets/Jets fan). I hated MadDog though.

If you notice, Mike began hedging his bets very early on in the week. Yes, he was bashing the Jets constantly but he also kept saying "but I think the Jets have a good shot this week." That's how he does it, he plays both sides, he speaks out of two sides of his mouth.

I predict that he'll spend this week talking about Braylon Edwards dropped touchdown pass and saying "you aren't going to be able to beat San Diego like that!"

I think that came from the fact that Mike really values the opinions of the guys he talks to on and off the radio and almost all of them felt the Bengals were going to lose. He had Dungy on and was basically trying to beg him to give a reason why the Jets would lose and Dungy would not budge. Said the last game was likely in the Bengals head and the Jets were playing better and the better team. I really dont think he figured the analyst guys would have given Cincy such a little chance and that made him re-evaluate what he felt.

Actually his ratings have been solid since Mad Dog left.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/07/its_official_mike_francesa_win.html

Actually his ratings have been solid since Mad Dog left.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/07/its_official_mike_francesa_win.html

I know I have read that his ratings have fallen overall somewhere, but that the station ratings have basically stayed strong because the morning show is doing far better than Imus used to do. 1050 actually made a big jump this football season which is what caused the Francesa rant against ESPN radio. Even though ESPN is not very good at interviews, Francesa seems to have a problem putting current players on the air and basically only does a once a week with Troy Aikman as the big analyst. This year the only players they had both got injured (Antoni Pierce and Leon Washington). They really lost out when the Giants fired jim Fassel because he was a mainstay on the program while Tom coughlin doesnt really care for that stuff. ESPN gives you Rex and Eli every week and have the ability to get guests whenever they want from the Jets.

Im a fan of Francesa, but without Russo his show really drags on especially in the NFL season. He is ok with baseball because there are two results to talk about every day, but the NFL season is a mess. What he talks about at 1 on Monday he is talking about at 1 on Tuesday and 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday. He needs a partner to keep the show fresh.

Archived