The Dolphins want Leon Washington

Jets Babe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said to you on twitter, if the Dolphins threw enough $ his way, the Jets would not match. Highly doubtful at least.

Say Miami was dumb enough to give him 4 years, $28 million. Don't see a chance in hell the Jets match.

As I said to you on twitter, if the Dolphins threw enough $ his way, the Jets would not match. Highly doubtful at least.

Say Miami was dumb enough to give him 4 years, $28 million. Don't see a chance in hell the Jets match.

Thing is, I don't think Miami is that dumb. Parcells knows what's up.

Thing is, I don't think Miami is that dumb. Parcells knows what's up.

Either way, we should let him go, big contract or small contract. We obviously do not respect/value him as much as we should, and therefore there is no reason to keep him around. Let him go to Miami, they still won't be over .500.

This would be like Bledsoe to the Bills. Get rid of a player we clearly do not covet and get a steal in return for him, and said player doesn't lead the team he goes to to anything.

I have to question the reliability of this report (claim). RB is a position we are deep at and the way Bill covets draft picks I find it really hard to believe he would consider giving up a 2nd round pick for Leon. Not that he's a bad player It just doesn't fit Bills MO.

I have to question the reliability of this report (claim). RB is a position we are deep at and the way Bill covets draft picks I find it really hard to believe he would consider giving up a 2nd round pick for Leon. Not that he's a bad player It just doesn't fit Bills MO.

To which I say, how are you deep?

Ronnie Brown is on a 1 year deal, coming off yet another injury, is 28yrs old and his best rushing season was 1,006yds, and that was I believe in 2006.

Ricky Williams has stated that 2010 will be his last year (or at least he said that before last year)

And whose behind them? Nobody of significance.

Miami could use Leon.

To which I say, how are you deep?

Ronnie Brown is on a 1 year deal, coming off yet another injury, is 28yrs old and his best rushing season was 1,006yds, and that was I believe in 2006.

Ricky Williams has stated that 2010 will be his last year (or at least he said that before last year)

And whose behind them? Nobody of significance.

Miami could use Leon.

While Ronnies injuries are a concern as are any player how has had a history of injuries he is still one of the better backs in the league when healthy. Agree or disagree that is your prerogative and I will respect your opinion. Ricky just hired Drew Rosenhaus (sp) to be his Agent. So the thought down here is that he will be looking to extend his contract.

Beyond that we have 3 more backs that are currently on the roster Patrick Cobbs, Lex Hilliard, and Kory Sheets. Cobbs our third string back is a FO favorite. They thought enough of Hilliard last year that they carried an extra back just to make room for him. Sheets was picked up when Cobb went down and never saw any action.

As I said Leon isn't bad but IMHO he isn't worth giving up a 2nd round pick for.

There is no question in my mind the Jets want Leon on their roster, what they don't want is his piece of crap agent hindering our front office from making the team better.

THAT is the only reason that Leon may not be a Jet next year.

Mike T has pretty much sent every sourpuss player and greedy agent that has stepped up to him the past 2-3 years packing... keeping the path between himself and players that can help the team clear of distraction.

Also a reason I think TJ was not made the priority over LT. Remember TJ sulked last year too... I think Mike T has been sending a very strong undertone about how much of that **** he is willing to put up with.

I googled and MIA has the 11th pick in the second round. Getting that for Leon seems like a good deal. Thats more than what the Jets are giving up for Cromartie.

Like a good deal lol... Listen I followed that link but I have to question either the reliability of the site or perhaps his agent is just trying to use Miami as leverage for his new contract.

They can have him. Please make this trade. I love Leon and it will hurt to see him in a Miami uniform, but the Jets gotta do what's best for the team. We got Sanchez and Greene who are very young players for us. We can possibly find another star in the 2nd round with their pick.

Do it!

We'd NEVER match that offer, I can't see Miami bidding that high AND losing a 2nd round pick.

They can have him. Please make this trade. I love Leon and it will hurt to see him in a Miami uniform, but the Jets gotta do what's best for the team. We got Sanchez and Greene who are very young players for us. We can possibly find another star in the 2nd round with their pick.

Do it!

wouldn't hurt anymore then Chad wearing phin gear, except we actually get something for leon. if they sign him, time to let him go. if not welcome back and get ready to play.

I'm just repeating what I heard.

If they really want Washington, there is an easy remedy. Give him the coin he wants, and put in there that it's fully guaranteed if he plays 4 or more games in New Jersey next year. Parcells knows how to use a poison pill.

Goodell is not going to be kind to Miami if they put a poison pill in there. If the Dolphins want to go the poison pill route, we'll gladly take their 2nd rounder AND watch as the league screws over Miami in something down the road in response.

Goodell is not going to be kind to Miami if they put a poison pill in there. If the Dolphins want to go the poison pill route, we'll gladly take their 2nd rounder AND watch as the league screws over Miami in something down the road in response.

poison pill is legal, and if the league colludes to remove it, the courts won't be happy.

I'd be glad to take Miami's #2.

poison pill is legal, and if the league colludes to remove it, the courts won't be happy.

I'd be glad to take Miami's #2.

The legality is not what I'm talking about. I'm saying the league office frowns on it, and finds ways to punish teams for doing it.

I was under the impression that the "poison pill" contracts were obsolete? Like soon after after the Curtis Martin contract.

Why? He's getting no action with a 2nd round tender. Do you send extra money to all your creditors, too?

He's getting some action, but not that much.

The only 2 teams that have shown interest have been the Dolphins and the 49ers, but the 49ers backed off a few weeks ago.

I was under the impression that the "poison pill" contracts were obsolete? Like soon after after the Curtis Martin contract.

They may make a comeback now with restrictions on the final 8 teams and lack of quality UFA's/cut players out there. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

He's getting pretty old too.

Bingo! This is a point that is missed by all but the cognoscenti. He'll be 28 in August, so how long does anyone in their right mind (or with any sense of salary cap responsibility) commit?

LOL! we did just sign and RB 3 years older then Leon.. :rolleyes:

OY!

my sources tell me that Leon LOVES being a Jet. I also heard that he wasnt offered $5mill last year like was being reported..

anyway.. everyone here knows how i feel..

i would HATE it if Leon went to the phins... that would be hard for me..

i want to see him back in green and white.. and i want him to disprove the haters.

of course that means the offensive genius ( :rolleyes:) schotty will actually have to play him.

OY!

LOL! we did just sign and RB 3 years older then Leon.. :rolleyes:

OY!

my sources tell me that Leon LOVES being a Jet. I also heard that he wasnt offered $5mill last year like was being reported..

anyway.. everyone here knows how i feel..

i would HATE it if Leon went to the phins... that would be hard for me..

i want to see him back in green and white.. and i want him to disprove the haters.

of course that means the offensive genius ( :rolleyes:) schotty will actually have to play him.

OY!

I know Leon's marketing agent personally, and he can confirm that he was offered the $4.5 million/year. Keels also confirmed it but said that he was seeking $6 million/year.

I know Leon's marketing agent personally, and he can confirm that he was offered the $4.5 million/year. Keels also confirmed it but said that he was seeking $6 million/year.

Oh yeah? Well my sources tell me Alvin Keels dresses up in women's clothing before calling GMs to negotiate and that Leon can't be in the same room with him for more than 3 minutes at a time for fear of girl cooties.

Archived