The Dolphins want Leon Washington

Jets Babe

As long as Leon doesn't park his Bentley in the Team President's spot, he should be OK for a spell. I say he parks in handicapped parking and shows up for rehab in the meanwhile.

Keels is creating an untenable situation, and has been giving LW terrible advice. That's fairly apparent. More later. I have to go do something terrible. Work.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Leon's marketing agent personally, and he can confirm that he was offered the $4.5 million/year. Keels also confirmed it but said that he was seeking $6 million/year.

firstly i heard that he wasnt offered $5mill.. not $4.5 mill.. that 1/2 million is a difference.

and just asking for $6 is not getting it.

if you know Leon's marketing agent personally.. could you get Leon to come to my birthday party this year? :D

There is no possible way the Dolphins trade their 2nd pick for a 3rd down back with a broken leg, and then give him a 4 year contract. It would be more likely to see the Pope flying a cow over the South Pole.

The Dolphins do have a history of acquiring our injured players (See Pennington, Chad)

Chad was not injured when we picked him off of the free agent market. Thanks again for that division title ;)

Yes, he had 2 surgeries on his throwing shoulder... aka injured.

Oh, and do teams get awards for division titles? NO. Divisions are arbitrary. Who cares who wins them? It matters how far in the playoffs you go.

For instance, noone really cares if you had a dance with the hot chick at the school dance. We care if you nailed her.

Oh yes. The AFC Eastern Division Championship of 2008. We'll be talking about that for decades. What a legendary team those Dolphins were. :rolleyes:

Record breaking, actually. It was "the year of the hyphen". 1-15 to 11-5.

Yes, he had 2 surgeries on his throwing shoulder... aka injured.

Oh, and do teams get awards for division titles? NO. Divisions are arbitrary. Who cares who wins them? It matters how far in the playoffs you go.

For instance, noone really cares if you had a dance with the hot chick at the school dance. We care if you nailed her.

Bad argument. Just because somebody had a past surgery, doesn't make him injured forever. Humans heal injuries after time, otherwise Chad wouldn't have started 20 games in a row for the Phins.

And yes, you do get an award for a division title. You also get a home playoff game, special flag for the stadium and really cool hats that say "Division Champs". I guess since the Jets have only won 4 division titles that you don't understand the importance.

Bad argument. Just because somebody had a past surgery, doesn't make him injured forever. Humans heal injuries after time, otherwise Chad wouldn't have started 20 games in a row for the Phins.

And yes, you do get an award for a division title. You also get a home playoff game, special flag for the stadium and really cool hats that say "Division Champs". I guess since the Jets have only won 4 division titles that you don't understand the importance.

Why do I have a feeling that 10 years from now, after Ryan and Sanchez have hoisted the Lombardi on multiple occaisions, you'll be on JN still thanking us for Chad Pennington and the Great Dolphins Division Championship of 2008? :rolleyes:

The Pats traded Drew Bledsoe to the Bills without any harm, I'd guess that the Jets would be pretty pleased to get the fish's 2nd rounder, if they're willing to part with it, for Leon.

PFT has Miami as one of the rumored teams looking to trade up for CJ Spiller. Maybe if that doesn't go thru, the Jets and fish will talk during the draft. It's not like Tanny and Tuna don't know each other. The layover between the first and second rounds provides plenty of time for 2nd round deals.

Why do I have a feeling that 10 years from now, after Ryan and Sanchez have hoisted the Lombardi on multiple occaisions, you'll be on JN still thanking us for Chad Pennington and the Great Dolphins Division Championship of 2008? :rolleyes:

Because you live in a land of delusion.

The Pats traded Drew Bledsoe to the Bills without any harm, I'd guess that the Jets would be pretty pleased to get the fish's 2nd rounder, if they're willing to part with it, for Leon.

PFT has Miami as one of the rumored teams looking to trade up for CJ Spiller. Maybe if that doesn't go thru, the Jets and fish will talk during the draft. It's not like Tanny and Tuna don't know each other. The layover between the first and second rounds provides plenty of time for 2nd round deals.

Again, there's no way Miami trades a 2nd for a 3rd down back with a gimpy leg.

Thats usually makes them easier to win.

If they really want Washington, there is an easy remedy. Give him the coin he wants, and put in there that it's fully guaranteed if he plays 4 or more games in New Jersey next year. Parcells knows how to use a poison pill.

Does it count if all the fans in the stadium are pretty much from NJ anyway?

(Sigh) I only brought Chad up because somebody else did. And, I can brag, your teams QB has never won a division title ;)

He's won two playoff games, though, who's the last Miami QB to accomplish that feat?

This is Leons last year if we don't trade him for a 3rd this year. There is no way we are going to resign him and give him guaranteed money when the players are going to be locked out in 2011. Assuming football resumes in 2012 we are going to have 2 full draft classes in training camp in 2012 and Leon is going to be 30 years old at that time. Tanny stuck a 2d rd tender on him but I bet he is gone for a 3rd before the draft. The amount of guys getting cut in 2012 is going to be sick.

Like a good deal lol... Listen I followed that link but I have to question either the reliability of the site or perhaps his agent is just trying to use Miami as leverage for his new contract.

Unless they have more picks than they know what to do with, NO TEAM is going to give us a 2 for Leon.

It's a ridiculous asking price for a soon to be 28 year old, non-featured running back coming off major surgery.

+1 to both of these. Alvin the ****munk is desperate to get Leon a good payday and to avoid making him play a contract year under the 2nd round tender.

The Whole think smacks of an “agent leak”. Keels probably leaked this just to keep Leon’s name out there. This whole thing is getting a bit embarrassing for him.

With that said, we have to remember who we are dealing with here. The Tuna.

Just because it seems like a very stupid long term move to give up a 2nd rounder, and pay Leon big money doesn’t mean Parcells won’t do it. He is not on a 10 year rebuilding plan here. Parcells will screw a team’s long term good over for a win right now.

Parcells has done a nice job in Miami, as he always does, in bringing them back from a laughing stock to competitors. I suspect He is getting a bit antsy, With his immediate success, then falling off pace again last year. He’s not going to be there for ever. The added strain of a possible lock out in 2011 adds to his impatience. Remember the owners right now know if there is going to be a lock out next year. The way a lot of the teams are behaving fiscally, including the Jets, indicate to me that there will be.

If Parcells really thinks that Leon is a major cog in getting the Fish to the next level, This Year, he won’t hesitate to sell the future of the Dolphins for a big run this year.

Not saying this is what is going on, but it is certainly something to consider when dealing with Parcells

I can see Parcells wanting him, Parcells loved Dave Meggett and Leon is a clone of Meggett. No way he gives up a second for Leon.

This is Leons last year if we don't trade him for a 3rd this year. There is no way we are going to resign him and give him guaranteed money when the players are going to be locked out in 2011. Assuming football resumes in 2012 we are going to have 2 full draft classes in training camp in 2012 and Leon is going to be 30 years old at that time. Tanny stuck a 2d rd tender on him but I bet he is gone for a 3rd before the draft. The amount of guys getting cut in 2012 is going to be sick.

Great point

There will be football in 2012. After not being paid in 2011 the players will be begging to be let in to earn one more paycheck. They will be thrilled to take an 18% paycut, and the union will be done.

I

unless the fish come up with a 'poison pill' in the offer..this isnt over by any means..

parcells is the master of the poison pill,,,aka Curtis Martin.

Yeah, but he is also a fan of durable runningbacks, and Leon just had his leg broken in half.

Archived