Dez Bryant met with Dolphins

R3V1S24

I dont know if anyone posted this, so.......

Receiver Dez Bryant meets with Miami Dolphins

Dez Bryant, the elite receiver of the 2010 draft, meets with Dolphins officials.

April 01, 2010

The Miami Dolphins met with Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant on Thursday night in "a get to know you session" that will carry over until Friday, according to league sources.

The Dolphins, who pick 12th in the first round, could use a dynamic player such as Bryant, who is viewed by most evaluators as the draft's top receiver.

However, the Dolphins front office tends to stay away from high-maintenance players,

especially when they are a receiver. They've even created a term for them, referring to the Terrell Owens' of the NFL as "diva receivas."

Bryant's draft stock is sliding because of questions about his character, complicated upbringing, work ethic and commitment to football.

Since the draft process began, Bryant, who was suspended for most of last season because he lied to the NCAA investigators, has faced rumors that he skipped meetings, classes and was late for games while at OSU.

"I don't look for trouble. I don't find trouble or none of that stuff. I'm not a troublemaker," Bryant said this week. "Just because I've experienced bad things, that don't make me a bad person. That don't make my mom a bad person. My mom overcame a lot of adversity just as well as I have."

Bryant's sit-down with the Dolphins allowed him to state his case. He has a meeting with Parcells scheduled for Friday. Last season, the Dolphins sat down with Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline in a similar setting before selecting those two receivers in the 2009 draft.

The Dolphins, who are seeking a big-play receiver, could certainly use Bryant's services.

Not only did he average 16.5 yards per reception (2,425 total receiving yards) in the 28 games he played for OSU, but he scored 29 touchdowns and was a dynamic returner.

"I just think we need good players. When I say that, we have a lot of good players on our team right now. We want to take good players. But at the end of the day, we have to be concerned with all the other things that are out there," Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said last week when asked about Bryant, who is 6 feet 2, 225 pounds. "He has different issues, and we have to do our due diligence that way. But we have to take good players."

I've said before and i'll say it again...this dude is a joke. No cleats at the pro day, showing up to OSU games until kickoff, and lying to the NCAA. But if the dolphins are to select him 12th overall my opinion changes and he is the next Andre Johnson.:D

Andre Johnson. Charles Rogers. What's the difference?

Dez Bryant and Miami would be a horrible match. The team could certainly use his talent, and he would immediately become their #1 WR, but moving from South Texas to Oklahoma to South Beach is a world of difference that this kid isn't ready for. His best bet to stay out of trouble would be in Seattle or Buffalo.

I've said before and i'll say it again...this dude is a joke. No cleats at the pro day, showing up to OSU games until kickoff, and lying to the NCAA. But if the dolphins are to select him 12th overall my opinion changes and he is the next Andre Johnson.:D

Bad choice of wording my friend. I dislike fans that switch their views so quickly just to suit them. If you don't like the guy stand up and admit it and live with it. You can hope the dude turns out well for you like most of us did with Vernon.

Smokescreen. Can't picture the Phins drafting Bryant. Too many question marks for their 1st round pick.

Really? They have a huge hole at WR and Bryant's one of the 3-5 best players in this draft. He'd be a steal at 12. Hell, anything past 10 and I think Dez is a steal.

Really? They have a huge hole at WR and Bryant's one of the 3-5 best players in this draft. He'd be a steal at 12. Hell, anything past 10 and I think Dez is a steal.

I agree, but after having Parcells and company here for a few drafts, their philosophy on draft picks doesn't seem to fall in line with picking a WR who, missed his senior year because of suspension (no matter how ticky tacky), has a reputation for being late and has already started speaking like a diva reciever, before ever playing a down in the NFL.

Then again, I've been suprised by a pick or two of theirs so far (cough) Pat White.

Smokescreen. Can't picture the Phins drafting Bryant. Too many question marks for their 1st round pick.

You guys will probably waste the #12 pick on Tim ****ing Tebow!

Who cares about character issues really? If you have a strong FO and a strong support system around him he should be fine.

Percy Harvin was the guy that had the 'character issues' knock on him last year and he lit the NFL up. Dez Bryant is the best WR in the draft, according to most, & Miami NEEDS a WR like yesterday. You guys would be retarded to pass up on this guy. I just hope he drops to #29, Im sure Tanny would pick him up with a quickness, character issues or not.

You guys will probably waste the #12 pick on Tim ****ing Tebow!

Who cares about character issues really? If you have a strong FO and a strong support system around him he should be fine.

Percy Harvin was the guy that had the 'character issues' knock on him last year and he lit the NFL up. Dez Bryant is the best WR in the draft, according to most, & Miami NEEDS a WR like yesterday. You guys would be retarded to pass up on this guy. I just hope he drops to #29, Im sure Tanny would pick him up with a quickness, character issues or not.

I wouldn't be suprised if Tanny traded a 1st and 2nd to move up to draft him. Tanny's kind of a whore when it comes to getting head cases with talent.

And no, no Tebow in Miami, he's going to Buffalo.

I wouldn't be suprised if Tanny traded a 1st and 2nd to move up to draft him. Tanny's kind of a whore when it comes to getting head cases with talent.

And no, no Tebow in Miami, he's going to Buffalo.

I doubt we'll be doing much wheeling and dealing on draft day with our meager picks. Still nothing would shock me. If we made a move like that Im sure it would be for Eric Berry or someone else, not a WR.

I doubt we'll be doing much wheeling and dealing on draft day with our meager picks. Still nothing would shock me. If we made a move like that Im sure it would be for Eric Berry or someone else, not a WR.

Not eric berry, we would hve to pay top 7 pick money in order to get him. Rather get someone like brandon graham thats not going to break the bank and also fills a more essential need.

:)I

Frequently takes a WR-even a good one-2 or 3 years to really contribute.

Percy Harvin had Favre throwing to him in one of his best years. I don't think you can really use Harvin as a yardstick.

I think Golden Tate could contribute on Day 1 in the nfl. That guy is so explosive and fast...he is already on the level of most nfl slot receivers.

Archived