Did the Jets lose Jay Feely on purpose so they could pursue Jason Taylor?

nj meadowlands

i still don't think taylor will be signed....and i don't want him here anyway

+1 Besides the fact that I hate his guts, I don't think he's close to the same player. I'd rather upgrade the position with a younger player in the draft. I'm not even saying we have to spend a top draft pick on the position, just a young project in this deep draft.

I do not see how you can correlate the two. Jet fans will have to suck it up if we bring him here is all I can say.

I don't think you can correlate it to Taylor specifically, but I've seen it brought up a number of times (even before Feely started testing the FA waters) that Jay would get a somewhat inflated contract due to the market being jacked up by the Raiders' stupid Janikowski contract and it would allow us to pick up a solid rotation player under the Final 8 Plan.

The same could be said for Marques Douglas, although teams are probably going to wait until after the draft before they check him out.

Like I said on another thread, I think this is what Woody Johnson meant when he said the Jets "still have a few tricks up our sleeve". He meant they were going to lose Feely on purpose to get someone else.

A little off topic, but is anyone else curious as to why the Jets haven't gone after Darren Sharper?

I dont understand why we're pursuing a guy that has publicly said he hates the JETS. I wantno part of him here, ****ing pass!

Name one big name rival on the Dolphins who does not hate the JETS... lol

You would rather have a former rival that loved the JETS? #-o

With the Jets being bound by the final 8 rules, I'm wondering. As soon as Feely signs, the Jets are in discussions with a free agent. Maybe they're thinking, lose a kicker (easily replaced, somewhat), sign a pass rusher (huge need)

thoughts?

Sounds like a good look to me. He still has gas in the tank and It would be good to add another pass rusher.

I have a football hate for Taylor, but on a more serious side, dude has talent in spot that we need to add talent to.

With the Jets being bound by the final 8 rules, I'm wondering. As soon as Feely signs, the Jets are in discussions with a free agent. Maybe they're thinking, lose a kicker (easily replaced, somewhat), sign a pass rusher (huge need)

thoughts?

+1

I'm convinced this was their plan. They've been courting Taylor for a while now and coincidentally Feely's 1st year salary allows for the signing of Taylor. If not for this letting Feely go made no sense.

I'm sure letting go Marques Douglas was a similar move, but don't know who they would sign in his place. Perhaps they let them go and whoever would sign first would give them the ability to move in on Taylor. If that's the case I hope they re-sign Douglas. I like him as a player and if they draft Defensive line first in the draft we will have good depth there this season.

Archived