Dolphins Trade Ted Ginn Jr to 49ers

Vudu

I agree with you, SoFla. Said so with my first post in the thread:

Marshall's an infinitely better WR than Ginn, but Ginn's speed gives the Jets (read: Revis) more headaches than Marshall's physicality.

True.

Marshall is not a deep threat. Heck, his ypc were 4 yards less than Holmes and Edwards. Marshall is good, but he's not a verticle passing game WR.

You guys should be happy with this. As bad as Ginn was at times, he killed you guys. However, a 5th is probably the best we were gonna get and obviously this regime felt they couldn't utulize his speed. He was an above average kick returner though.

I don

I don’t know why they didn’t think they could utilize his speed. In college Henne was all about the long ball.

They tried to. They took A LOT of shots downfield. Either Ginn couldn't catch it, catch up to it, or there was a penalty when he did. And of course there was the one where he beat Revis ;)

After Ginn was demoted, his snaps were reduced and he didn't get much playing time. It's unfortunate, because I think with Marshall Ginn could've taken advantage deep. But, I guess we'll never know.

You guys should be happy with this. As bad as Ginn was at times, he killed you guys. However, a 5th is probably the best we were gonna get and obviously this regime felt they couldn't utulize his speed. He was an above average kick returner though.

With as deep as this draft is HK - a 5th could yield you a pretty decent ball player. Tuna will use this pick well is my guess.

They tried to. They took A LOT of shots downfield. Either Ginn couldn't catch it, catch up to it, or there was a penalty when he did. And of course there was the one where he beat Revis ;)

After Ginn was demoted, his snaps were reduced and he didn't get much playing time. It's unfortunate, because I think with Marshall Ginn could've taken advantage deep. But, I guess we'll never know.

Yeah, I live in South Florida, and have seen Ginn a lot.

Not that it

You know, even though the guy hadn't lived up to billing by some, you had to respect his speed when he was on the field. By trading him away, the fins have taken a hit big time in not having he and Marshall on the field at the same time.

And a shout out to me and the rest of the people that saiad Ginn was going to be a bust from day one.:toot:

I think most of the true Phag fans knew this from the day he was drafted.

Awesome! He won both games against us for Miami last year. I'll miss seeing him drop passes the other 14 weeks of the season, but this is good news for Jets fans!

^^^This.

San Fran needed a WR who could really stretch the field. Crabtree is more of a possession type guy. Vernon Davis is the closest they had to a deep threat, but he's a TE.

Now if Ginn can only catch the ball???

I look at this as a win for the 49'ers, with Davis emerging as a playmaking TE and with Crabtree eventually turning into a premiere WR (IMO),, Ginn could be a nightmare matchup for teams just because they have to account for his speed,,, all he needs is to break one (as we all are well aware) to be a factor.

A 5th for a playmaker, even one who can't catch, is a pretty good pickup.

So they took him with the 7th overall pick and traded him for a 5th rounder. :rl:

I think they took him 9th,, and we might as well laugh now because we'll be lucky to get a 5th for our 6th overall pick, the mighty bust that is Vernon Gholston :bag:

good for the dolphins, better for the jets

they got something for a guy they might have cut this summer, sent him to the NFC

but

the jets coaches are e-mailing each other high fives right now, and westhoff just jizzed his drawers

I think they took him 9th,, and we might as well laugh now because we'll be lucky to get a 5th for our 6th overall pick, the mighty bust that is Vernon Gholston :bag:
9th's not much better, and yeah VG is probably going to be a total bust, but at least he was projected to go as high as we took him.

The phags probably could have gotten the gin family with their 2nd or 3rd pick.

Wow, they got a 5th for him. I feel like we ripped off the steelers. really though, I can't bust on them for taking Ginn and him flopping. We took Ghoulston and he did nothing. At least Ginn played big against someone.

A change to a new team might do him well. He won't have to be the number one receiver. And he's out of our hair.

lol.....what's the point. they shoudl have just kept him

Yeah that is weird. Just keep him and now that they have a # 1 receiver it lowers what they need from him. Great returner...giving him away for a 5th rounder doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Glad they did it though.

Archived