Noah's Ark found

SouthernJet

'Noah's Ark' found atop Mount Ararat in Turkey, evangelical group claims

BY MICHAEL SHERIDAN

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 11:39 AM

alg_the-ark.jpg

Baker/Getty

A group of evangelical explorers claim they have found evidence of Noah's Ark (not pictured) on Mount Ararat in Turkey.

Noah shepherded them through the flood, two by two, and ended up in Turkey.

That's what a group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers is claiming, after having found what it says are pieces of the religious icon's famed boat on Mount Ararat.

"It's not 100% that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9% that this is it," Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker, told AFP.

Wing-Cheung, a member of the 15-member team from Noah's Ark Ministries International, said the structure in which they got the wood had several compartments that were possibly used to store animals.

According to the Bible, Noah was tasked by God to build a giant ark after deciding to flood the world because humanity had become too corrupt.

Mount Ararat has long been believed to have been the final resting place of the ark, which according to be Bible, came to rest upon the top of a mountain.

Carbon dating shows that the wood the group recovered was 4,800 years old, which would put it around the time of the ark, the team claimed.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually, it depended on the type of animal.

Yea, he only kept a couple T-Rex's and other dinosaurs...just enough so that Jesus had something to drive around...

There was probably 7 pair of raptors since that was his favorite G-ride:

jesusdinos_460x300.jpg

Anyway, every couple of years some people find some pieces of wood on Ararat and it becomes the Ark. There's probably a very interesting story as to what it actually is...hell, it really could be from a giant boat...but I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

Noah must have been Da Vinci on steroids to design and build that thing...

Such things do not have to be found nor proven to be believed, they require faith to know they are real.
I'm down with the nature of things unseen - things like love, first and foremost - but there's also a line between faith and not using the brain God gave ya.

I'm down with the nature of things unseen - things like love, first and foremost - but there's also a line between faith and not using the brain God gave ya.
There are also things the brain God gave you can't understand, and things you can know in your heart.

These are things known by ones own personal experiences.

Call me crazy, but there's plenty of non-Biblical evidence out there to support God's existance. There are many mindless Christians out there, but I don't consider myself one of them.

Call me crazy, but there's plenty of non-Biblical evidence out there to support God's existance. There are many mindless Christians out there, but I don't consider myself one of them.
Forget about Christianity for a moment. God looks me - oh, wait, I'm sorry, it's the other way around - is the furthest thing from God I've ever heard of. Not the least bit humble, you know. Hell, I may as well pray to myself...Eureka! That's the point!; but of course it's always cloaked in something else. Just sayin'.

I friend of mine doesn't believe in God. He said if God existed things like the disaster in Haiti and Fake Boobs would not exist.

He made a very compelling case.

Forget about Christianity for a moment. God looks me - oh, wait, I'm sorry, it's the other way around - is the furthest thing from God I've ever heard of. Not the least bit humble, you know. Hell, I may as well pray to myself...Eureka! That's the point!; but of course it's always cloaked in something else. Just sayin'.
I'm not sure what you are saying here, but I will say this, God and religion are two very different things.

God teaches people how to live, not how to be religious.

Archived