LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

FOS Brett.

After the Star Wars game, you forfeit all rights to play any sort of newb/inexperienced card.

Actually the first game we played here with a recruitment ability had scum vs town vs cult. Although now that I look at it again and saw Bleedin's comment maybe we are all reading too much into the word "recruit". I still think its more likely there is conversion based on that but I will retract my statement saying its almost a lock.

I disagree. I think the word recruit means just that. This may be backpedaling from your previous post. You know, covering all bases. Gah! I can't say what I want to say. More caffeine!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there are restrictions it would be prety easy to test for it. That being said, we've had plenty of games with conversions without post restrictions. My guess is that vic wouldn't make it obvious and would make the conversions themselves restricting.

also, this game needs less sausagefest and needs more of nae and lily.

:love0040: But I LIKE sausage.....

Me neither - that's why I moved my vote pretty quickly.

Verb, I have NEVER seen you play sloppy - except that one time you were a symp and took down Kivam (Doggin.) Yeah, yeah, I know you got me with that one, but I learn fast. ;-)

Because your post read like you were standing at a lectern hitting on a list of facts with a laser pen.

Just seemed odd how you laid it out is all.

Again, sorry for so many individual posts AND the lack of caffeine which impairs my ability to retain thoughts long enough to multi-quote...... lol

Just want to say Agreed. That's how I read it, too.

As far as conversions I think there is a lot more speculation than anyting else. The big word was "recuits". I get that but bottom line He's talking about MIB "killing" EVERYone to get off the island. Maybe if anything the MIB is a Super Vig. Not saying I think this for sure but it's probably a better possibility.

Can someone define "conversion" for me, please? How does it differ from recruit? Recruiting is a concept I'm familar with.

You rolled your own wifom... I did somethng suspicious, but I'm telling you that i'm too smart to do something suspicious if i really had cause to look suspicious..

He definitely rolled his own WIFOM, but at this stage of the game, what is the alternative?

I say what is the alternative because the minicase against him (which JVOR did halfheardily ) wasn't based on much. When faced with a noncase, saying it's a noncase may not be enough. Ultimately, we may fall into the trap of ignoring the initial baseless case and instead focusing on the response, which was only predicated on being faced with a baseless case.

That said, it was a poor defense on his part because it's infinitely circular and a heck of a logic trap.

He WIFOMs a defense, then those who go after him are in the catch 22 of backing off and looking scummy for being "called on it" or pursuing it which falls into his claim that going after him is scummy.

Can someone define "conversion" for me, please? How does it differ from recruit? Recruiting is a concept I'm familar with.

People are using it interchangeably, so it means the same as recruit in the conventional sense.

A lostee is recruited by MIB and, thus, is converted from town to scum. Get it?

As Pac mentions, Brett, we would like to here more from you on this.

Even though I was half joking in voting for Lily (well, not joking much since I'm still pissed) she's dissapeared which makes me comfortable with my vote on her. But, Brett, you gotten do better than you've done or I and others would be compelled to switch to you.

I'll address this. I am in Pacific Time (technically MST, and we don't do daylight savings time) and I sleep late. I had a really late night last night, with my friend Jameson, and am exceptionally late today. You won't EVER be seeing me in your AMs, unless I'm too manic to sleep. I come here first and catch up when I log on. My game is currently waiting for a lynch scene since they hammered the poor guy, but they will wait until I'm done catching up here.

**Hess, I'm trying to keep any plot out of my posts and be as vague as possible while still getting my points across -- if you still think I'm giving too much away, say so and I'll try to cut more out.

The thing with the MIB is that he converts AND kills people in the show. The MIB's goal is to get what he wants. Sometimes that's convert people to his cause, sometimes that's just kill everything in his path. We can sit here and say it's one or the other til we're blue in the face, and I DEFINITELY agree it's good to get all the ideas out there, but at this point we've got what I'd consider all the good ideas we can formulate with no info out in the open. Unless someone really screws up, we're not going to get more game information at least until a lynch, and most likely not until after a night phase or TWO.

With that said...we're not going to get anywhere with what we're doing right now. We have votes on over half the players in the game, so I'll go ahead and unvote (since JiF was in fact my initial joke vote).

The only players that stick out early are Brett (who I agree, can't really play the noob card anymore) and Pac. The only problem with Pac is that he plays this exact same way as scum or town (throwing out you seem scummy accusations at everyone to ruffle feathers)...so I don't really want to go down that path right now.

I'll vote: Brett, so we get a train going and to see where that takes us

This sparks a thought I had. Can EVERYBODY unvote their joke votes, so we can see what we've really got?

This sparks a thought I had. Can EVERYBODY unvote their joke votes, so we can see what we've really got?

I think that's gonna happen naturally anyways. I think we're notorious for day 1 being exceedingly long in most games. I highly doubt by the time we get a lynch going votes will be on there that were just jokey.

He definitely rolled his own WIFOM, but at this stage of the game, what is the alternative?

I say what is the alternative because the minicase against him (which JVOR did halfheardily ) wasn't based on much. When faced with a noncase, saying it's a noncase may not be enough. Ultimately, we may fall into the trap of ignoring the initial baseless case and instead focusing on the response, which was only predicated on being faced with a baseless case.

That said, it was a poor defense on his part because it's infinitely circular and a heck of a logic trap.

He WIFOMs a defense, then those who go after him are in the catch 22 of backing off and looking scummy for being "called on it" or pursuing it which falls into his claim that going after him is scummy.

vizzini.jpg

I'll address this. I am in Pacific Time (technically MST, and we don't do daylight savings time) and I sleep late. I had a really late night last night, with my friend Jameson, and am exceptionally late today. You won't EVER be seeing me in your AMs, unless I'm too manic to sleep. I come here first and catch up when I log on. My game is currently waiting for a lynch scene since they hammered the poor guy, but they will wait until I'm done catching up here.

Damn, it sucks to be playing in that other game you're modding then.

"Where's the Ice Queen?"

"How the **** should I know?"

Just because you say this, it doesn't make it true. Very reminiscent of last game with your "case" based on Lefty's supposed 180.

I was trying to stick to Vic's opening post, and keep people from getting too crazy with their theories (see: Smashmouth). The opening scene is all we have to go with, don't know how it helps you to not use it - but like you said, we have different playing styles.

Yeah. I'm not quite over that game yet. You soooo played me, dude. I'm watching you closer than anyone this time around. :yes:

Kudos on the nice play. NOBODY has ever had me PMIng a mod asking to be replaced before. Which, of course, will make me remember it a long time. That's the downside of a good play, you know. People remember it. ;-)

Yeah. I'm not quite over that game yet. You soooo played me, dude. I'm watching you closer than anyone this time around. :yes:

Kudos on the nice play. NOBODY has ever had me PMIng a mod asking to be replaced before. Which, of course, will make me remember it a long time. That's the downside of a good play, you know. People remember it. ;-)

so you're saying I shouldn't reveal?

Other than saying your reasons are lame, would you like something else? Ok, fine. I'll give you more:

1. I'm not retarded, contrary to what some might think. (not a word, DMers)

2. Knowing #1 to be true, I'm not going to flop around like that, on D1 no less, if I'm scum, mostly for reason #3.

3. It puts a spotlight on me that could get me lynched. So, I'd just avoid the whole damn situation, pick somebody to vote, and stick with it. I can defend myself better as town, so that's why I'm doing it. As scum, defense is more tricky, and therefore easier to just avoid altogether.

Mafia don't move votes around that much in the early stages of a game - it's suspicious. They'll spread their votes out and stick with them. And I haven't been laying low, so that's just a crock. How the hell can I vote for 3 different people and qualify as "laying low"? That makes no sense.

Erase all prior FOSs, and put a nice wet one (FOS, that is. Pervs.) on JVOR.

You know, Verb, I've said almost that exact thing when I got busted for sloppy scum play. The "why would I do that if I was scum?" defense doesn't work for me, dude. Sorry. You haven't moved any farther down my suspect list for this post. Up, maybe, but not down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slats

vote: D P R

Some players look scummy creating weird hypotheses. Wiith you, I'm afraid it's the opposite.

Someone's always complaining...

But don't worry - I'm thinking about all kinds of crazy sh*t I'm just not posting. I just want to know what Day 3 feels like around here...

:rl: And I wanna be there with you, after your brilliant plan last game, which cost me my life but not you, yours. :tongue2: Still love ya, though. :love0040:

She's not gonna go for you, Slats. Your eyebrows are too thick.

Since I have no clue what you meant here, my first thought was "Did Angelina Jolie just walk in the room?"

This catching up is going slowly. My daughter keeps bugging me.

I read this post, raised my eyebrows, moved on, and ended up coming back to it.

Smash, why do you sound like you know more than the rest of us?

Didnt mean to sound that way Lily.... just theories. I dont think there is anything I posted thats too far out . Reading the opening by Vic it gives the idea we might be dealing with scum that can recruit. When taking that into account there are many ways this game can go . Everything I mentioned I have seen in previous games

I did play a few games with you on DM I was simply known as Smash on that site, and it was last year. I remember your name being slightly different but people called you Lily.

As for the retard comment, theres plenty here to go around .

WIFOM, yes...if you choose to read it that way. But does it make sense? I think so.

I've put myself in the spotlight because I want to see how I'm attacked and if I can garner any info from it. Huge change in strategy for me based on my normal play, but you wouldn't necessarily know that.

So far, Sharrow and Crusher have the most suspicion from me. Crusher has my vote, and will likely for the remainder of the day.

Going home from work now....will check back in later on tonight (or in the morning...dunno...have hockey tonight). Ciao.

Darling, you always make sense. Doesn't mean you aren't scum.

Archived