LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

I think either way we have to proceed as if conversion is a real possibility.

Conversions are almost certain.. imo.. based on the openning scene and the character in question..

h8 conversion games..

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote Count

Pac (1)- CTM

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

AVM (2)- JVOR, Verbal

Bleedin (2)- Smashmouth, Crusher

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (1)- Naeann

Shutout (1)- PAC

Slats (2)- JiF, Verbal

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch

MOD NOTE: game is underway, it'd be dumb to clear the votes now. Sharrow still to check in just FYI.

Oceanic Flight 815 crashed into an Island in the Pacific Ocean. Most of you have fought to seek a way off the island, and 6 of you did find your way back into the real world. But you all knew you had to return to the island, there was something missing inside of you when you left the island. Some of the others who stayed behind experienced time travel, as the Island flashed back in time into the 70

I'd be disappointed otherwise. The one good thing about alts is that I don't have to deal with you being focused on me no matter what.

What was your theory about the setup again? Something about a polar bear? :lol:

My theory was I dont watch the show, its stupid, there was polar bear on a tropical island...pretty helpful right?

You arent screaming "I'm innocent what a relief this game", you are doing your devious spinning the web of theories. Also, I'm playing the odds right now...9 times out of 10 you are scum.

So we are thinking this MIB dude may have one or two "Others" in a cult type group and that the DHARMA thing might be the cult? It's possible.. or MIB may be starting out solo and have to recruit people to the "Others". I've seen both setups with a cult and from what people have been saying about the show I'm betting that there is a recruiting cult out there.. Interesting theory about the ability to jump to another person though.. it will make it hard to win if the cult leader just switches to another member if he gets killed. Another possibility is one of his members will take the fall for him. I used that setup in a game once. The mafia leader had goons who would die in his place if he was targeted for a lynch or a nk. He also showed up as a godfather type.. (innocent when viewed). *shrugs*

As far as the last part, I would guess that is not the case, as it was specifically stated after he took over the form of John Locke that it was then permanent and he would no longer be able to take on other forms (prior to that he had only "appeared" as other people, but apparently never took on their form).

There has to be some sort of serious restriction on recruitment, if it even exists. If we have another Thing game of 75% mafia rate I may have to hurt someone. That said, I'm not convinced there even is recruitment, although I won't rule it out. I only say this because based on the lack of mention of any other scum (Others, Widmore, etc.), I feel like this is just the one main mafia team and with Vic's affinity for the show I feel like he would be more likely to make it setup based on the reality of the show as opposed to anyone being able to be converted to the MIB's side at his discretion. I could certainly be wrong though, but I'm just not ready to assume it as a definite and get into the paranoia that comes with conversion games.

I can agree with this in that maybe, if he can convert...if douchebags were'nt lying about what actually happens on show maybe he can convert one person...maybe Jack...however Jack is probably doc so maybe not Jack, not sure? Maybe John Locke, maybe MIB has to find him? Also, I can agree, if he can take on other forms I can possibly see this only as a one shot deal. Meaning if he is close to a lynch he can switch to another poster...again I can see this as a possibilty. However I really don't think Vic's intentions with this game is as "out there" as some are saying...I mean you can't give this MIB too much power or it would be unfair. He obviously has a cool power just don't know what it is. But I think the set up is probably more standard with Mafia vs Town MIB as godfather. Either way I think we should play it that way for now but not get sucked in as it being an automatic.

My theory was I dont watch the show, its stupid, there was polar bear on a tropical island...pretty helpful right?

You arent screaming "I'm innocent what a relief this game", you are doing your devious spinning the web of theories. Also, I'm playing the odds right now...9 times out of 10 you are scum.

I never saw the show, either, which is why I'm trying simply go by what Vic said in the opening post. Lot of people a lot more familiar with the show than we are. I'm interested in what they have to say, and if it turns out down the road that they were "spinning a web of theories" when I go back later and re-read.

Kinda like how I went back and NK'd your scummy ass last game. :mrgreen:

I've been innocent a few games in a row, now. Proclaiming my joy for it got me converted day two in The Thing game, and NK'd day one the following game. I'd like to be innocent and last a little while in this one, if you don't mind. :lol:

I disagree. Based on Vic's write up & the source material, the MIB is the main badguy. End of story.

Yes, we can assume he has recruitment ability but that doesn't make him Cult Leader as opposed to Scum Leader. That just may be an extra ability.

If anything, there could be a third party besides the MIB & his team (I'm assuming he has one because it would be dumb if he worked alone).

This makes the most sense to me. MIB shouldn't be working alone, no.

"Kill all of you" made me think of a bomb role.

"any of his recruits" made me think of a cult leader.

My thought was that It would be odd to have a recruiter as the leader of a mafia team, as it would stack the odds heavily in the mafia's favor (given the normal win conditions).

But tell me how the Thing game was setup and how it ended?

"Kill you all" means NKing. There's no way it could be a bomb. That doesn't make sense. A bomb

The Thing game was a 12 player set up starting with 2 scum who could recruit only (no NKing). They had a 50% chance of recruit success at night and 25% during the day.

With MIB having both the ability to convert & NK, then the conversion ability has to be limited. It may also mean that the scum team is less than the usual 25% of the game.

"Kill all of you" made me think of a bomb role.

"any of his recruits" made me think of a cult leader.

My thought was that It would be odd to have a recruiter as the leader of a mafia team, as it would stack the odds heavily in the mafia's favor (given the normal win conditions).

But tell me how the Thing game was setup and how it ended?

I undertand where your going but I think MIB is Scum Godfather nothing more. We know he has "recruits". Question is are they already scum or do they need to be converted imo.

"Kill you all" means NKing. There's no way it could be a bomb. That doesn't make sense. A bomb

The Thing game was a 12 player set up starting with 2 scum who could recruit only (no NKing). They had a 50% chance of recruit success at night and 25% during the day.

With MIB having both the ability to convert & NK, then the conversion ability has to be limited. It may also mean that the scum team is less than the usual 25% of the game.

Who won the Thing game?

I undertand where your going but I think MIB is Scum Godfather nothing more. We know he has "recruits". Question is are they already scum or do they need to be converted imo.

Good enough - I think I'll change my tactics up and not post every possible scenario that floats through my head.

Vote Count

Pac (1)- CTM

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (1)- Naeann

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (2)- JiF, Verbal

MOD NOTE: game is underway, it'd be dumb to clear the votes now. Sharrow still to check in just FYI.

Just one last point on the conversions. While I agree its a definite possibility, my hesitancy is based on the fact that the opening scene seems to identify the MIB as the leader of the mafia, not a cult and after rereading the opening scene the only real item that gives a hint at conversions is the word "recruits", which could just as well mean the people who he's recruited to his side previously (from a LOST storyline standpoint, the MIB was on his own until more recently picking up some followers, so they could already be on his side at the beginning of the game, but identified as "recruits"). I'm not discounting it, just not assuming it to be the case either.

In terms of getting a vote out there, nothing good ever happens in games where this guy doesn't get pressure. :-P

Vote: CTM

Vote Count

Pac (1)- CTM

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (1)- Naeann

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (2)- JiF, Verbal

CTM (1)- Bleedin' Green

MOD NOTE: Everyone has checked in.

Good enough - I think I'll change my tactics up and not post every possible scenario that floats through my head.

I personally have no problem with your theories. I'm just giving my thoughts for now but doesn't mean I'm right either. I personally think it's good to talk through for now. Town can look back with hopefully find some good info down the line.

vote: D P R

Some players look scummy creating weird hypotheses. Wiith you, I'm afraid it's the opposite.

Vote Count

Pac (1)- CTM

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (1)- Naeann

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (2)- JiF, Verbal

CTM (1)- Bleedin' Green

D P R (1)- slats

Who won the Thing game?

Don't listen to Bleedin' because he's a whiny bitch.

The scum team won the Thing game ONLY because a townie (CTM) made a huge tactical error at the end in voting to lynch the survivor rather than the last scum player.

So even under Bleedin's exagerated 75% claim (remember, the scum could only convert and not NK) the town could have won at multiple junctures, including end game.

Gooooood morning.

Question since I am new: Is a recruitment AND nk scum team even a possibility? Or is that way to powerful? I have seen recruitment games where scum won't nk, and obviously nk games with no recruitment.. but never both.

I sorta am of the opinion that there won't be conversions? But also in 3 games I don't think I have ever been right about anything on D1

Just one last point on the conversions. While I agree its a definite possibility, my hesitancy is based on the fact that the opening scene seems to identify the MIB as the leader of the mafia, not a cult and after rereading the opening scene the only real item that gives a hint at conversions is the word "recruits", which could just as well mean the people who he's recruited to his side previously (from a LOST storyline standpoint, the MIB was on his own until more recently picking up some followers, so they could already be on his side at the beginning of the game, but identified as "recruits"). I'm not discounting it, just not assuming it to be the case either.

In terms of getting a vote out there, nothing good ever happens in games where this guy doesn't get pressure. :-P

Vote: CTM

Bleedin the MIB obviously has powers and hes bad news so it would fit well that he has the power to either recruit or Take anothers form like he did in the show. If there was anything we can take from the show this is it. Nothing says he has to be in some form of cult like a standard mafia role I believe he is the leader and is starting out the game by himself. Giving him a team and the ability to recruit is way too over powered.

So I think this is the way its set up

1. MIB is the leader and starts out alone

2. He has the ability to recruit every other night starting on the first night.

3. Recruits have some type of post restriction

4. He has the ability to take over another players body 1 time in the game (since the show suggests this) he can only do this once. I would think he can do this at L-2 or L-1 most likely L-1.

5. then that player becomes the MIB and plays out the game as the leader.

Gooooood morning.

Question since I am new: Is a recruitment AND nk scum team even a possibility? Or is that way to powerful? I have seen recruitment games where scum won't nk, and obviously nk games with no recruitment.. but never both.

I sorta am of the opinion that there won't be conversions? But also in 3 games I don't think I have ever been right about anything on D1

It works if there is a limitation of conversion (say, it can only happen once or twice). I don't think you can have unlimited NKing and unlimited conversions.

And, FOS Brett for playing the "newbie" role when you essentially won the Star Wars game on your own.

It works if there is a limitation of conversion (say, it can only happen once or twice). I don't think you can have unlimited NKing and unlimited conversions.

And, FOS Brett for playing the "newbie" role when you essentially won the Star Wars game on your own.

As far as the Star Wars game goes... I wish I could say I did more, but I still feel like I was just in the right place.

Anyways, I'm not a noob about how to play anymore I think.. but still pretty new about different set-ups

Gooooood morning.

At this point it's all conjecture. I think it's worth discussing so those prone to a quick reveal try and find an alternative when pressured. If we have outed power roles and there are conversions who do you think the MIB is going to want? I just think it lessens (not eliminates) wifom potential when later in the game we're trying to decide if someone has been recruited.

Good news is Vic has already said he won't be trying to fool us with the death scenes so it won't take long to figure out what exactly is going on.

So we are thinking this MIB dude may have one or two "Others" in a cult type group and that the DHARMA thing might be the cult? It's possible.. or MIB may be starting out solo and have to recruit people to the "Others". I've seen both setups with a cult and from what people have been saying about the show I'm betting that there is a recruiting cult out there.. Interesting theory about the ability to jump to another person though.. it will make it hard to win if the cult leader just switches to another member if he gets killed. Another possibility is one of his members will take the fall for him. I used that setup in a game once. The mafia leader had goons who would die in his place if he was targeted for a lynch or a nk. He also showed up as a godfather type.. (innocent when viewed). *shrugs*

Doggin introduced that here in a cult game. I got to die for the sweet sweet Boopsie. It was very romantic.

Bleedin the MIB obviously has powers and hes bad news so it would fit well that he has the power to either recruit or Take anothers form like he did in the show. If there was anything we can take from the show this is it. Nothing says he has to be in some form of cult like a standard mafia role I believe he is the leader and is starting out the game by himself. Giving him a team and the ability to recruit is way too over powered.

So I think this is the way its set up

1. MIB is the leader and starts out alone

2. He has the ability to recruit every other night starting on the first night.

3. Recruits have some type of post restriction

4. He has the ability to take over another players body 1 time in the game (since the show suggests this) he can only do this once. I would think he can do this at L-2 or L-1 most likely L-1.

5. then that player becomes the MIB and plays out the game as the leader.

Not for nothing, but this is A LOT of speculation this early in the game.

At this point it's all conjecture. I think it's worth discussing so those prone to a quick reveal try and find an alternative when pressured. If we have outed power roles and there are conversions who do you think the MIB is going to want? I just think it lessens (not eliminates) wifom potential when later in the game we're trying to decide if someone has been recruited.

Good news is Vic has already said he won't be trying to fool us with the death scenes so it won't take long to figure out what exactly is going on.

I will be very clear on the death scenes. So please read them carefully.

Archived