LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

At this point, I think we can all agree that Vic has created a setup that we probably won't figure out for a few days, at least.

That puts us into the same territory as last game, which means that the town will probably spend a lot of time talking, posting, and speculating, while the mafia lays low and looks for town posts to spin and make hay out of.

FINALLY, you're making sense. But, even with the town talking there could be mafia among them.

That's why we have to look at the substance of what is said as well. Keeping the town focused on scum hunting and away from distractions is the key.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pac. CTM starting out voting for Pact Turd in the start of the game is as unusual as Crusher snatching a morsel off someone plate when their not looking.

Yet him jumping on low lying fruit is rather interesting. I put this vote on Brett to see if I can;t get the newb to cough up a little something. I'm looking forward to Brett's response and I'm also interested at looking back at some of CTM's post. Not sure what you mean by sloppy Pac. Unless of course you follow that up with the word Joe. Then Im all over it.

I agree with this.

You expect this big gem to be coughed up with vote #1 on somebody? Isn't voting a newbie sorta like hitting the low lying fruit?

Unvote

Vote: Crusher

Yes, I'm unvoting and re-voting a lot. FOS on the peeps I voted before, and a real vote this time on teh Crusha.

And I agree with this. FOS on them both for jumping on an easy vote. And a tiny tiny FOS on SMC for putting the idea in their heads, but not much of one cause it was more like a shot over Br3tt's bow.

Also didn't like Verbal's piggybacking on the weak Slats vote earlier.

Yes but he did put the focus on the Man in Black as the main guy and he also said he can recuit or has recruits. I would think if he can recruit there should be some type of post restriction we should look out for in his recruits.

Also we have to take into account if the MIB is about to be lynched can he jump to another body since it seems he can posess people?? Is this a possibility ? For instance if he is brought to L-1 and sure death, can he jump to one of his recruits and they become the MIB ?

Why would there be some type of post restriction on theoretical recruits? Wouldn't that make it fairly obvious when someone was recruited?

You expect this big gem to be coughed up with vote #1 on somebody? Isn't voting a newbie sorta like hitting the low lying fruit?

Unvote

Vote: Crusher

Yes, I'm unvoting and re-voting a lot. FOS on the peeps I voted before, and a real vote this time on teh Crusha.

Actually I voted him to get him talking and I was the first. CTM jumping on it just seemed like he was trying to get on a vote early. but go ahead keep jumping from person to person for no real good reason. I'm sure no one will notice.

I agree that hitting on a couple possibilities is fine but what you were doing looked more like stating fact... the same thing you voted BG for yesterday.

Pac The bleedin vote was obviously a joke.

I plainly stated in my posts it was all theory. I based them on Vic's discription and basic knowledge through Wiki. No matter how crappy my grammar is Im pretty sure you know Im not stating fact, so why would you say that ?

Why would there be some type of post restriction on theoretical recruits? Wouldn't that make it fairly obvious when someone was recruited?

Based on other games I have played shutout, there was a post restriction on recruits so Im just passing along that info from experience.

Unvote AVM

Vote Shutout

Would like to hear from him.

Not much to say just yet. I never watched the show so I'm not gonna be joining in on the theories based around that. To be honest I find them a bit distracting. I know Vic is a big fan of the show (as are a bunch of you guys/girls) but he also said we wouldn't need to know the source material for this game.

As far as game setup theories based on the opening scene I think conversions are almost a lock in this game. I would assume that means 1 of 2 things most likely: either we are looking at a small mafia team that has the choice of attempting conversion or attempting NK each night. Or we might have something similar to the first cult game we played here where there's a scum team, and in addition to them there is a cult leader who has a conversion ability.

Gooooood morning.

Question since I am new: Is a recruitment AND nk scum team even a possibility? Or is that way to powerful? I have seen recruitment games where scum won't nk, and obviously nk games with no recruitment.. but never both.

I sorta am of the opinion that there won't be conversions? But also in 3 games I don't think I have ever been right about anything on D1

FOS Brett.

After the Star Wars game, you forfeit all rights to play any sort of newb/inexperienced card.

Actually the first game we played here with a recruitment ability had scum vs town vs cult. Although now that I look at it again and saw Bleedin's comment maybe we are all reading too much into the word "recruit". I still think its more likely there is conversion based on that but I will retract my statement saying its almost a lock.

Based on other games I have played shutout, there was a post restriction on recruits so Im just passing along that info from experience.

If there are restrictions it would be prety easy to test for it. That being said, we've had plenty of games with conversions without post restrictions. My guess is that vic wouldn't make it obvious and would make the conversions themselves restricting.

also, this game needs less sausagefest and needs more of nae and lily.

Judging from the Star Wars game I think you know what beer tastes like too... ;)

Not thru a Fruit Loop Straw. That will be solved this Friday when I go watch the Nats spank the Orioles. Picking up a box of those bad boys on my way home tonight.*

*note: Please don;t mistake my false bravado as arrogance and tell Ms Crusher my plans. Thanx.

Judging from the Star Wars game I think you know what beer tastes like too... ;)

Hey Chooch.. you're tied for the vote lead and are hitting many peoples radar. Nothing to say other than cheap jokes at roly poly's expense?

No matter how crappy my grammar is Im pretty sure you know Im not stating fact, so why would you say that ?

Because your post read like you were standing at a lectern hitting on a list of facts with a laser pen.

Just seemed odd how you laid it out is all.

Haven't watched the show since the 3rd or 4th season, but after what happened to Vic in the last conversion game, I think if there is a possible setup without conversions or maybe only with early conversions, it's probably the best bet.

As far as conversions I think there is a lot more speculation than anyting else. The big word was "recuits". I get that but bottom line He's talking about MIB "killing" EVERYone to get off the island. Maybe if anything the MIB is a Super Vig. Not saying I think this for sure but it's probably a better possibility.

As Pac mentions, Brett, we would like to here more from you on this.

Even though I was half joking in voting for Lily (well, not joking much since I'm still pissed) she's dissapeared which makes me comfortable with my vote on her. But, Brett, you gotten do better than you've done or I and others would be compelled to switch to you.

As far as conversions I think there is a lot more speculation than anyting else. The big word was "recuits". I get that but bottom line He's talking about MIB "killing" EVERYone to get off the island. Maybe if anything the MIB is a Super Vig. Not saying I think this for sure but it's probably a better possibility.

A "Super" Vig? like he can fly and stuff? :confused:

...or within the own scum team maybe they don't know who the MIB is. Would make sense. My guess is this guy is on his own in some fashion or another as Scum or some kind of Power Vig.

**Hess, I'm trying to keep any plot out of my posts and be as vague as possible while still getting my points across -- if you still think I'm giving too much away, say so and I'll try to cut more out.

The thing with the MIB is that he converts AND kills people in the show. The MIB's goal is to get what he wants. Sometimes that's convert people to his cause, sometimes that's just kill everything in his path. We can sit here and say it's one or the other til we're blue in the face, and I DEFINITELY agree it's good to get all the ideas out there, but at this point we've got what I'd consider all the good ideas we can formulate with no info out in the open. Unless someone really screws up, we're not going to get more game information at least until a lynch, and most likely not until after a night phase or TWO.

With that said...we're not going to get anywhere with what we're doing right now. We have votes on over half the players in the game, so I'll go ahead and unvote (since JiF was in fact my initial joke vote).

The only players that stick out early are Brett (who I agree, can't really play the noob card anymore) and Pac. The only problem with Pac is that he plays this exact same way as scum or town (throwing out you seem scummy accusations at everyone to ruffle feathers)...so I don't really want to go down that path right now.

I'll vote: Brett, so we get a train going and to see where that takes us

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (2)- Naeann, Verbal

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (1)- JiF

CTM (1)- Bleedin' Green

D P R (1)- slats

Brett (3)- Crusher, CTM, AVM

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch

I agree with this.

And I agree with this. FOS on them both for jumping on an easy vote. And a tiny tiny FOS on SMC for putting the idea in their heads, but not much of one cause it was more like a shot over Br3tt's bow.

Also didn't like Verbal's piggybacking on the weak Slats vote earlier.

Nothing is ever weak when it pertains to slats. He's scummy as scummy can be....and he's always scum. So...

Plus, my vote was actually for realz. He was spinning his web like he loves to do when he's scum and then he recommended the group not to follow his lead...(which I agree with)...but we've had this debate before, its just not my style to try and workout game set ups based off the opening scene.

I found it scummy and after catching up, it stll think its scummy. Plus, its slats and this is what I do.

FOS Brett.

After the Star Wars game, you forfeit all rights to play any sort of newb/inexperienced card.

Actually the first game we played here with a recruitment ability had scum vs town vs cult. Although now that I look at it again and saw Bleedin's comment maybe we are all reading too much into the word "recruit". I still think its more likely there is conversion based on that but I will retract my statement saying its almost a lock.

Agreed. FOS Brett....he aint no noob...unless ofcourse, this is his first time as scum and thats what he meant by noob.

**Hess, I'm trying to keep any plot out of my posts and be as vague as possible while still getting my points across -- if you still think I'm giving too much away, say so and I'll try to cut more out.

The thing with the MIB is that he converts AND kills people in the show. The MIB's goal is to get what he wants. Sometimes that's convert people to his cause, sometimes that's just kill everything in his path. We can sit here and say it's one or the other til we're blue in the face, and I DEFINITELY agree it's good to get all the ideas out there, but at this point we've got what I'd consider all the good ideas we can formulate with no info out in the open. Unless someone really screws up, we're not going to get more game information at least until a lynch, and most likely not until after a night phase or TWO.

With that said...we're not going to get anywhere with what we're doing right now. We have votes on over half the players in the game, so I'll go ahead and unvote (since JiF was in fact my initial joke vote).

The only players that stick out early are Brett (who I agree, can't really play the noob card anymore) and Pac. The only problem with Pac is that he plays this exact same way as scum or town (throwing out you seem scummy accusations at everyone to ruffle feathers)...so I don't really want to go down that path right now.

I'll vote: Brett, so we get a train going and to see where that takes us

And this pertains to me directly, how?

At this point, I think we can all agree that Vic has created a setup that we probably won't figure out for a few days, at least.

That puts us into the same territory as last game, which means that the town will probably spend a lot of time talking, posting, and speculating, while the mafia lays low and looks for town posts to spin and make hay out of.

I was kinda joking when I voted for you, but this level-headedness is so unlike anything I've seen from you playing here so far that I'm really leery of you.

That said, I agree with the content of your post. Now we seem to have a lot of people talking about the set-up, and I think it's a nice way for the mafia to get us chasing our own tails.

Missed that.. i usually skim the joke votes..

unvote vote BRett

Hmmm... You know who skims? Scum.

unvote

vote: CTM

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (2)- Naeann, Verbal

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (1)- JiF

CTM (2)- Bleedin' Green, slats