LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

I still subscribe to the theory that the scum team starts smaller than usual, and the MIB has the ability to recruit or kill each night. Love the switch bodies theory, btw -- I can just imagine we lynch someone and in the death scene "Locke's dead body, which was already dead....has been lynched. Please submit night actions" :P

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gooooood morning.

Question since I am new: Is a recruitment AND nk scum team even a possibility? Or is that way to powerful? I have seen recruitment games where scum won't nk, and obviously nk games with no recruitment.. but never both.

I sorta am of the opinion that there won't be conversions? But also in 3 games I don't think I have ever been right about anything on D1

unvote

vote brett

Your newbie deer caught in the headlights act is getting a little old. No? Mr. I spy.

Bleedin the MIB obviously has powers and hes bad news so it would fit well that he has the power to either recruit or Take anothers form like he did in the show. If there was anything we can take from the show this is it. Nothing says he has to be in some form of cult like a standard mafia role I believe he is the leader and is starting out the game by himself. Giving him a team and the ability to recruit is way too over powered.

So I think this is the way its set up

1. MIB is the leader and starts out alone

2. He has the ability to recruit every other night starting on the first night.

3. Recruits have some type of post restriction

4. He has the ability to take over another players body 1 time in the game (since the show suggests this) he can only do this once. I would think he can do this at L-2 or L-1 most likely L-1.

5. then that player becomes the MIB and plays out the game as the leader.

Sorry Smash I'm not buying any of this... at all.

As pumped as that goof Vic has been about modding a game I highly doubt he allows for the possibility (however slim it is) of the game ending in 1 day. Say we vote the MIB off today... game over... good job Vic? No way.

I also disagree with the post restriction idea. We saw that in the game we played at DM last year but I don't think it's been seen here. I think Vic would incorporate things he's somewhat familiar with while not trying to jam too much in.

That's a pretty cool idea about the possesion at L1 but there's 0 evidence to support it and again... highly unlikely.

Your post seems a little too... definitive for my liking.

Gooooood morning.

Question since I am new: Is a recruitment AND nk scum team even a possibility? Or is that way to powerful? I have seen recruitment games where scum won't nk, and obviously nk games with no recruitment.. but never both.

I sorta am of the opinion that there won't be conversions? But also in 3 games I don't think I have ever been right about anything on D1

Who stands out to you so far?

For crusher: who who who

Vote Count

Pac (1)- CTM

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (1)- Naeann

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (2)- JiF, Verbal

CTM (1)- Bleedin' Green

D P R (1)- slats

Brett (1)- Crusher

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch

unvote

vote brett

Your newbie deer caught in the headlights act is getting a little old. No? Mr. I spy.

I think this is the best thing going at the moment..

Vic you said you were clearing votes when everyone checked it, have you decided against that?

I think this is the best thing going at the moment..

Vic you said you were clearing votes when everyone checked it, have you decided against that?

I did change my mind. I made a note about it. People seem to be more or less focused on the game at hand rather than the typical "joking votes".

I did change my mind. I made a note about it. People seem to be more or less focused on the game at hand rather than the typical "joking votes".

Missed that.. i usually skim the joke votes..

unvote vote BRett

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (1)- Naeann

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (2)- JiF, Verbal

CTM (1)- Bleedin' Green

D P R (1)- slats

Brett (2)- Crusher, CTM

CTM is off to an unusually sloppy start... hmph.

Heavyset... in case you hadn't noticed he voted for me about 6 minutes into the game.

Missed that.. i usually skim the joke votes..

unvote vote BRett

Pac. CTM starting out voting for Pact Turd in the start of the game is as unusual as Crusher snatching a morsel off someone plate when their not looking.

Yet him jumping on low lying fruit is rather interesting. I put this vote on Brett to see if I can;t get the newb to cough up a little something. I'm looking forward to Brett's response and I'm also interested at looking back at some of CTM's post. Not sure what you mean by sloppy Pac. Unless of course you follow that up with the word Joe. Then Im all over it.

Pac. CTM starting out voting for Pact Turd in the start of the game is as unusual as Crusher snatching a morsel off someone plate when their not looking.

Yet him jumping on low lying fruit is rather interesting. I put this vote on Brett to see if I can;t get the newb to cough up a little something. I'm looking forward to Brett's response and I'm also interested at looking back at some of CTM's post. Not sure what you mean by sloppy Pac. Unless of course you follow that up with the word Joe. Then Im all over it.

sheesh.. joke posts + mod announcing he's going to clear votes resulted in me skimming 150 posts and missing his change of mind..

I put vote #2 on brett cause I agreed with your rational and think it'd be good to pressure..

sheesh.. joke posts + mod announcing he's going to clear votes resulted in me skimming 150 posts and missing his change of mind..

I put vote #2 on brett cause I agreed with your rational and think it'd be good to pressure..

Don't blame the mod for not reading.

:box:

Who stands out to you so far?

For crusher: who who who

Smashmouths fairly detailed post about Mafia abilities stood out.. But I think he'd have to be retarded to say Mafia's abilities AND be Mafia.

Crusher is grasping at straws.. but he grasps at anything he can eat.

Smashmouths fairly detailed post about Mafia abilities stood out.. But I think he'd have to be retarded to say Mafia's abilities AND be Mafia.

Crusher is grasping at straws.. but he grasps at anything he can eat.

Straws not being edible to most of us. But Crusher is a special case obviously

Sorry Smash I'm not buying any of this... at all.

As pumped as that goof Vic has been about modding a game I highly doubt he allows for the possibility (however slim it is) of the game ending in 1 day. Say we vote the MIB off today... game over... good job Vic? No way.

I also disagree with the post restriction idea. We saw that in the game we played at DM last year but I don't think it's been seen here. I think Vic would incorporate things he's somewhat familiar with while not trying to jam too much in.

That's a pretty cool idea about the possesion at L1 but there's 0 evidence to support it and again... highly unlikely.

Your post seems a little too... definitive for my liking.

How does the game end in one day ? If the MIB (according to my theory) gets to posess another player when near lynch. This all plays into the thought that he is acting alone in the beginning.

Pac if you have a game with recruits you have to have some type of post restriction other wise how would you have a chance vs the MIB and his recruits. If he recruits someone most of us have pegged as innocent (which would be the smart play) how do we fight that as townies ?

The bottom line is its all guess work at this point but Im bringing this crap up so we keep our eyes open for the possibilities not because im trying to guess how the whole game will play out.

Not for nothing, but this is A LOT of speculation this early in the game.

Its a little bit of everything I was thinking along with what some others have speculated on . If we get one good idea out of it that helps down the road Im happy.

At this point, I think we can all agree that Vic has created a setup that we probably won't figure out for a few days, at least.

That puts us into the same territory as last game, which means that the town will probably spend a lot of time talking, posting, and speculating, while the mafia lays low and looks for town posts to spin and make hay out of.

How does the game end in one day ? If the MIB (according to my theory) gets to posess another player when near lynch. This all plays into the thought that he is acting alone in the beginning.

Too many variables under that scenario. Is anyone of us unable to be posessed? Would he have to pose as the player he's possesed if that person is involved in a quick chat? etc etc. If he posessed a member of the mafia then posed as them in their chat it would seem like an awfully advantageous postion.. too advantageous.

Pac if you have a game with recruits you have to have some type of post restriction other wise how would you have a chance vs the MIB and his recruits. If he recruits someone most of us have pegged as innocent (which would be the smart play) how do we fight that as townies ?.

SMC's (aka the Avatard) modded a game a couple weeks ago that was all conversion with no post restrictions. The cult won but it certainly wasn't a blow out.

The bottom line is its all guess work at this point but Im bringing this crap up so we keep our eyes open for the possibilities not because im trying to guess how the whole game will play out.

I agree that hitting on a couple possibilities is fine but what you were doing looked more like stating fact... the same thing you voted BG for yesterday.

At this point, I think we can all agree that Vic has created a setup that we probably won't figure out for a few days, at least.

That puts us into the same territory as last game, which means that the town will probably spend a lot of time talking, posting, and speculating, while the mafia lays low and looks for town posts to spin and make hay out of.

Which is why I'd suggest you keep an eye on the likes of Shutout and Sharrow... they practically invented the peek-a-boo posting style.

You expect this big gem to be coughed up with vote #1 on somebody? Isn't voting a newbie sorta like hitting the low lying fruit?

Unvote

Vote: Crusher

Yes, I'm unvoting and re-voting a lot. FOS on the peeps I voted before, and a real vote this time on teh Crusha.

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

JiF (1)- AVM

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

JVOR (1)- Hess

Crusher (2)- Naeann, Verbal

Shutout (2)- PAC, JVoR

Slats (1)- JiF

CTM (1)- Bleedin' Green

D P R (1)- slats

Brett (2)- Crusher, CTM

Haven't watched the show since the 3rd or 4th season, but after what happened to Vic in the last conversion game, I think if there is a possible setup without conversions or maybe only with early conversions, it's probably the best bet.

Archived