LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

People are using it interchangeably, so it means the same as recruit in the conventional sense.

A lostee is recruited by MIB and, thus, is converted from town to scum. Get it?

That's what I thought it meant. Sometimes the terminology can be confusing when it differs from DM or the mafia wiki.

Thanks, guys.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, it sucks to be playing in that other game you're modding then.

"Where's the Ice Queen?"

"How the **** should I know?"

Did you just call me the Ice Queen. Funny, "cold" is not a word typically applied to me. Sometimes I get some other less than complimentary words, but never that one! ;-)

Didnt mean to sound that way Lily.... just theories. I dont think there is anything I posted thats too far out . Reading the opening by Vic it gives the idea we might be dealing with scum that can recruit. When taking that into account there are many ways this game can go . Everything I mentioned I have seen in previous games

I did play a few games with you on DM I was simply known as Smash on that site, and it was last year. I remember your name being slightly different but people called you Lily.

As for the retard comment, theres plenty here to go around .

I remember you, Smash. Aren't you the one that busted me in my very first game as scum? FDM's Halloween game last year? Good to see you again. :love0040:

And, yeah, somebody beat me to the username "Lily" over there...

You rolled your own wifom... I did somethng suspicious, but I'm telling you that i'm too smart to do something suspicious if i really had cause to look suspicious..

It's not an indictment, particularly because you are from DM and i know you guys have a predicliction towards the flamboyant. (My last game there, a roleless innocent fake claimed cop with a guilty verdict in order to gauge the reaction)

it's funny though, doggin taught most of us this game, and he plays it very much by the books as town..

Hehe, I hear ya on that one. I learned a lot from Doggin as well, but sometimes playing by the books is playing into the mafia's hands.

Beat the grass to startle the snakes - works sometimes.

He definitely rolled his own WIFOM, but at this stage of the game, what is the alternative?

I say what is the alternative because the minicase against him (which JVOR did halfheardily ) wasn't based on much. When faced with a noncase, saying it's a noncase may not be enough. Ultimately, we may fall into the trap of ignoring the initial baseless case and instead focusing on the response, which was only predicated on being faced with a baseless case.

That said, it was a poor defense on his part because it's infinitely circular and a heck of a logic trap.

He WIFOMs a defense, then those who go after him are in the catch 22 of backing off and looking scummy for being "called on it" or pursuing it which falls into his claim that going after him is scummy.

No. Going after me is not scummy. It very well could be the same thing I'm doing - trying to gauge reactions. Yes, I rolled my own WIFOM. Not really intentional, but like you said, it's a bit of a trap there.

But I disagree with it being a poor defense. Sharrow put words into my mouth, but once I pointed that out, he somewhat backed down (although I think he's still voting for me....meh).

I didn't realize it was so many posts. Just catching up. I'll multi-quote from now on. Promise. :love0040:

actually I was only kidding... I was trying to set up the Ted Striker joke which failed when I couldn't properly attach a pic.

so..... you're on the west coast you say?

actually I was only kidding... I was trying to set up the Ted Striker joke which failed when I couldn't properly attach a pic.

....And slowly the mighty silver back gorrilla gets off the fail train and approaches the female, he's thinking "hhhmm maybe another lady friend" she's thinking. "WTF is that smell."

He definitely rolled his own WIFOM, but at this stage of the game, what is the alternative?

I say what is the alternative because the minicase against him (which JVOR did halfheardily ) wasn't based on much. When faced with a noncase, saying it's a noncase may not be enough. Ultimately, we may fall into the trap of ignoring the initial baseless case and instead focusing on the response, which was only predicated on being faced with a baseless case.

That said, it was a poor defense on his part because it's infinitely circular and a heck of a logic trap.

He WIFOMs a defense, then those who go after him are in the catch 22 of backing off and looking scummy for being "called on it" or pursuing it which falls into his claim that going after him is scummy.

I see your point, SMC, but I'm telling you. Verb is not going to wave a scum flag in our faces. Sometimes, this is all he'll give us to show he's scum. Having said that, I'll admit that that logic led me to help wrongly lynch Doggin in the last game we played in - incidentally, helped along by Verb, the symp. ;-) I say we keep the pressure on him and see if he gives us anything more.

vote Verb

Hi there, cutie! ;-) Not exactly on the Coast. I'm in Phoenix.

After last game I think we're better off if he eases into this one.

No comment

....And slowly the mighty silver back gorrilla gets off the fail train and approaches the female, he's thinking "hhhmm maybe another lady friend" she's thinking. "WTF is that smell."

Crush, you got your love yesterday. :love0040:

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

Crusher (2)- Naeann, Verbal

Shutout (1)- PAC

Slats (1)- JiF

CTM (2)- Bleedin' Green, slats

Brett (3)- CTM, AVM, Hess

AVM (1)- BrettFavre

Verbal (3)- JVoR, sharrow, lily

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch

whatever you say Mighty Joe Young... That was real cute a couple posts back when you clumsily stormed in to defend Lily's honor. You may have earned another scratch on your chin.

charlize_theron_bill_paxton_mighty_joe_young_001.jpg

whatever you say Mighty Joe Young... That was real cute a couple posts back when you clumsily stormed in to defend Lily's honor. You may have earned another scratch on your chin.

MOD NOTE: This is your only warning. I made it perfectly clear NO EDITING. I don't care it was for a picture, I'd rather deal with another post.

I hearby deduct you TWO points of mafia goodness. Editing is forbidden. (hall monitor icon) :rim:

Clumsy? Dude I weigh 325 pounds. What would you like me to do dance a ****ing walts? you also must remember that I have the wonderful and charitable Ms Crusher at home and envited Lily to come play so maybe you would be a nicer person. Guess my plan failed. I'm sorry.

This is the part where you offer me a box of dughnuts and tell me, "Good try big fella"

No. Going after me is not scummy. It very well could be the same thing I'm doing - trying to gauge reactions. Yes, I rolled my own WIFOM. Not really intentional, but like you said, it's a bit of a trap there.

But I disagree with it being a poor defense. Sharrow put words into my mouth, but once I pointed that out, he somewhat backed down (although I think he's still voting for me....meh).

No, it is a poor defense by the simple fact that people (like me) are focusing on the WIFOM response rather than the substance of what was said against you.

If you responded as you did now--saying Sharrow put words into your mouth and then backed down when called on it--then people would be approaching this different.

MOD NOTE: This is your only warning. I made it perfectly clear NO EDITING. I don't care it was for a picture, I'd rather deal with another post.

Pac thinks he's above the law.

Clumsy? Dude I weigh 325 pounds. What would you like me to do dance a ****ing walts? you also must remember that I have the wonderful and charitable Ms Crusher at home and envited Lily to come play so maybe you would be a nicer person. Guess my plan failed. I'm sorry.

This is the part where you offer me a box of dughnuts and tell me, "Good try big fella"

leave walt outta this

malcolm-david-kelley-as-walt.jpg

Archived