LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, ofcourse I'm a fool.

Secondly, you of all people know that I'm not "working awfully hard".

Sorry? The best part was, I came up with the 180 nonesense and never even voted you!!!

Yep, you got me. Redeemed your scum game after the SW game. :cheers:

Gooooood morning.

Question since I am new: Is a recruitment AND nk scum team even a possibility? Or is that way to powerful? I have seen recruitment games where scum won't nk, and obviously nk games with no recruitment.. but never both.

I sorta am of the opinion that there won't be conversions? But also in 3 games I don't think I have ever been right about anything on D1

Sorry about all the individual posts. I had no idea I would find so much to comment on.

In my experience, ANYTHING is possible!

Between saying you switched because it looked like a bad bandwagon and also offering up the fact that you know it may look bad cause of the constant vote switching...it bothered me how conscious you are of how you look to other people (which obviously, scum has to do). Sure, town has to do it too, but it's more scumlike behavior... You also have mostly been here but have been laying low.

/crap reason for day one voting

Unvote: Shutout

Vote: Verbal

Personally, I didn't like that JiF did a better job defending Verbal's vote than Verbal did.

vote:Verbal

Between saying you switched because it looked like a bad bandwagon and also offering up the fact that you know it may look bad cause of the constant vote switching...it bothered me how conscious you are of how you look to other people (which obviously, scum has to do). Sure, town has to do it too, but it's more scumlike behavior... You also have mostly been here but have been laying low.

/crap reason for day one voting

Unvote: Shutout

Vote: Verbal

Other than saying your reasons are lame, would you like something else? Ok, fine. I'll give you more:

1. I'm not retarded, contrary to what some might think. (not a word, DMers)

2. Knowing #1 to be true, I'm not going to flop around like that, on D1 no less, if I'm scum, mostly for reason #3.

3. It puts a spotlight on me that could get me lynched. So, I'd just avoid the whole damn situation, pick somebody to vote, and stick with it. I can defend myself better as town, so that's why I'm doing it. As scum, defense is more tricky, and therefore easier to just avoid altogether.

Mafia don't move votes around that much in the early stages of a game - it's suspicious. They'll spread their votes out and stick with them. And I haven't been laying low, so that's just a crock. How the hell can I vote for 3 different people and qualify as "laying low"? That makes no sense.

Erase all prior FOSs, and put a nice wet one (FOS, that is. Pervs.) on JVOR.

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

Crusher (2)- Naeann, Verbal

Shutout (1)- PAC

Slats (1)- JiF

CTM (2)- Bleedin' Green, slats

Brett (4)- Crusher, CTM, AVM, Hess

AVM (1)- BrettFavre

Verbal (2)- JVoR, Sharrow

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch

Personally, I didn't like that JiF did a better job defending Verbal's vote than Verbal did.

vote:Verbal

Hold up. This:

Nothing is ever weak when it pertains to slats

....is better defense of my vote than my handful of posts? That's what you're going with on your vote? Really? Sure you don't want to re-think that one?

Of course, they don't admit to skimming though.

And this isn't a wifom, the simple fact is that vic said he was clearing the votes once the game started for real and i was skimming till i saw that. I'm not skimming anymore, sweet cheeks

If you're looking to scare me off, you're doing a good job. I just wanted to see how much attention you were giving the game.

Hope that dream works out better for you than it normally does for me. One of the reasons I like playing here is that you (hopefully) won't make me be scum EVERY game. That, my friends, is why I'm rusty at being town. I either start as scum or get recruited to scum almost all the time these days.

I went on a long scum run here, then the first game I wasn't - I was converted. I was definitely burnt out. I feel your pain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slats

vote: D P R

Some players look scummy creating weird hypotheses. Wiith you, I'm afraid it's the opposite.

:rl: Poor DPR! He's kinda right, though.....

Someone's always complaining...

But don't worry - I'm thinking about all kinds of crazy sh*t I'm just not posting. I just want to know what Day 3 feels like around here...

Other than saying your reasons are lame, would you like something else? Ok, fine. I'll give you more:

2. Knowing #1 to be true, I'm not going to flop around like that, on D1 no less, if I'm scum, mostly for reason #3.

3. It puts a spotlight on me that could get me lynched. So, I'd just avoid the whole damn situation, pick somebody to vote, and stick with it. I can defend myself better as town, so that's why I'm doing it. As scum, defense is more tricky, and therefore easier to just avoid altogether.

Mafia don't move votes around that much in the early stages of a game - it's suspicious. They'll spread their votes out and stick with them. And I haven't been laying low, so that's just a crock. How the hell can I vote for 3 different people and qualify as "laying low"? That makes no sense.

This is highly arguable considering your a Dolphins fan. Like Doggin says "lynch all liers"

Thanx for explaining to us how the game go's, but Bretts the one claiming noob. Not us.

unvote Brett

He defended well and I do agree with Verb that his train is a little more concerning than he is.

Not alot of time right now but I'll get back later and vote.

Hold up. This:

....is better defense of my vote than my handful of posts? That's what you're going with on your vote? Really? Sure you don't want to re-think that one?

That's a little bit of cherry-picking JIF's post, but yes, this...

Nothing is ever weak when it pertains to slats. He's scummy as scummy can be....and he's always scum. So...

Plus, my vote was actually for realz. He was spinning his web like he loves to do when he's scum and then he recommended the group not to follow his lead...(which I agree with)...but we've had this debate before, its just not my style to try and workout game set ups based off the opening scene.

I found it scummy and after catching up, it stll think its scummy. Plus, its slats and this is what I do.

...was a better job of defending a slats vote than this:

Me neither - that's why I moved my vote pretty quickly.

Vote Count

Lily (1)- SMC

Bleedin (1)- Smashmouth

Crusher (2)- Naeann, Verbal

Shutout (1)- PAC

Slats (1)- JiF

CTM (2)- Bleedin' Green, slats

Brett (3)- CTM, AVM, Hess

AVM (1)- BrettFavre

Verbal (2)- JVoR, Sharrow

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch

All I'm reading for this is wifom. "If I were mafia I would do this and not that" I don't buy it. It's bullcrap reasoning for all i'm concerned. Mafia comes in many forms and sizes, i don't buy that there's anything mafia wouldn't do.

Moreover, you went from admitting there was suspect behavior on your part to suspecting me because I called you out on it? All you ended up doing was saying my reasons are weak and nothing else. It's day one, reasons aren't gonna be solid gold.

hey wifom

That's a little bit of cherry-picking JIF's post, but yes, this...

...was a better job of defending a slats vote than this:

Damn, talk about cherry picking. That part I quoted was the ONLY part that pertained to me. You said JiF did a better job of defending Verbal's vote than Verbal did...not defending his own vote. Two very different things, there.

My initial vote was just to see if I got some sort of reaction - I got pretty much nothing. Bad defense? Maybe, but still a defense that makes sense. But you're putting words in my mouth by saying that JiF's entire post was better defense of my vote than my own was.....and then changing that to say JiF defended his own vote better than I defended mine.

Again, two different things. Take your pick, but you can't have both.

hey wifom

WIFOM, yes...if you choose to read it that way. But does it make sense? I think so.

I've put myself in the spotlight because I want to see how I'm attacked and if I can garner any info from it. Huge change in strategy for me based on my normal play, but you wouldn't necessarily know that.

So far, Sharrow and Crusher have the most suspicion from me. Crusher has my vote, and will likely for the remainder of the day.

Going home from work now....will check back in later on tonight (or in the morning...dunno...have hockey tonight). Ciao.

Bleedin the MIB obviously has powers and hes bad news so it would fit well that he has the power to either recruit or Take anothers form like he did in the show. If there was anything we can take from the show this is it. Nothing says he has to be in some form of cult like a standard mafia role I believe he is the leader and is starting out the game by himself. Giving him a team and the ability to recruit is way too over powered.

So I think this is the way its set up

1. MIB is the leader and starts out alone

2. He has the ability to recruit every other night starting on the first night.

3. Recruits have some type of post restriction

4. He has the ability to take over another players body 1 time in the game (since the show suggests this) he can only do this once. I would think he can do this at L-2 or L-1 most likely L-1.

5. then that player becomes the MIB and plays out the game as the leader.

This catching up is going slowly. My daughter keeps bugging me.

I read this post, raised my eyebrows, moved on, and ended up coming back to it.

Smash, why do you sound like you know more than the rest of us?

Damn, talk about cherry picking. That part I quoted was the ONLY part that pertained to me. You said JiF did a better job of defending Verbal's vote than Verbal did...not defending his own vote. Two very different things, there.

My initial vote was just to see if I got some sort of reaction - I got pretty much nothing. Bad defense? Maybe, but still a defense that makes sense. But you're putting words in my mouth by saying that JiF's entire post was better defense of my vote than my own was.....and then changing that to say JiF defended his own vote better than I defended mine.

Again, two different things. Take your pick, but you can't have both.

That's better. You should have said all that in the first place.

I support this.

Unvote

Vote: Slats

That looked like you were voting with the same reasoning as JiF to me. Sorry for assuming I guess.

WIFOM, yes...if you choose to read it that way. But does it make sense? I think so.

I've put myself in the spotlight because I want to see how I'm attacked and if I can garner any info from it. Huge change in strategy for me based on my normal play, but you wouldn't necessarily know that.

So far, Sharrow and Crusher have the most suspicion from me. Crusher has my vote, and will likely for the remainder of the day.

Going home from work now....will check back in later on tonight (or in the morning...dunno...have hockey tonight). Ciao.

You rolled your own wifom... I did somethng suspicious, but I'm telling you that i'm too smart to do something suspicious if i really had cause to look suspicious..

It's not an indictment, particularly because you are from DM and i know you guys have a predicliction towards the flamboyant. (My last game there, a roleless innocent fake claimed cop with a guilty verdict in order to gauge the reaction)

it's funny though, doggin taught most of us this game, and he plays it very much by the books as town..

You rolled your own wifom... I did somethng suspicious, but I'm telling you that i'm too smart to do something suspicious if i really had cause to look suspicious..

It's not an indictment, particularly because you are from DM and i know you guys have a predicliction towards the flamboyant. (My last game there, a roleless innocent fake claimed cop with a guilty verdict in order to gauge the reaction)

it's funny though, doggin taught most of us this game, and he plays it very much by the books as town..

lol

Smashmouths fairly detailed post about Mafia abilities stood out.. But I think he'd have to be retarded to say Mafia's abilities AND be Mafia.

Crusher is grasping at straws.. but he grasps at anything he can eat.

Yeah, but I don't know him. For all I know he may be retarted. ;-)

That's only good strategy if you were verified innocent in some way. Otherwise, the risk of people lynching you is much greater than the upside. A clear finder doing that is better in my opinion, and that's only if you know the crowd you are working with can fathom the strategy.

That's only good strategy if you were verified innocent in some way. Otherwise, the risk of people lynching you is much greater than the upside. A clear finder doing that is better in my opinion, and that's only if you know the crowd you are working with can fathom the strategy.

Must be because they play in a lot more games over there that they'll try stuff like that. There are a lot of bad things that could happen trying something like that. It does sound entertaining though.

Archived