Robert Kraft loves New York

Jetfan13

Kraft and the Maras are longtime friends. IIRC, the Giants wanted to interview Pioli for GM and Kraft allowed it. Pioli wound up staying.

I dont know about Woody.

Kraft will want his own SB too. He built his stadium out of pocket and owns alot of land around it.

Kraft and the Maras are longtime friends. IIRC, the Giants wanted to interview Pioli for GM and Kraft allowed it. Pioli wound up staying.

I dont know about Woody.

Kraft will want his own SB too. He built his stadium out of pocket and owns alot of land around it.

I've read in a couple articles over time... that Woody and Kraft, while not chums like Kraft and the Maras, are two of the more progressive owners when it comes to initiatives that support and broaden the horizons of the NFL.

I believe they are like-minded, and often on the same side in pushing new ideas, etc. Rivalry aside... they know they are running 2 of the most profitable teams in the league, and leverage that to get their way.

Think about it, of course he's in favor of this. Of course he was rooting for N.Y to get the nod, because it's a cold weather stadium getting a superbowl. What kind of climate is Bob Krafts stadium in?, ahhhhhhh get it now?

Think about it, of course he's in favor of this. Of course he was rooting for N.Y to get the nod, because it's a cold weather stadium getting a superbowl. What kind of climate is Bob Krafts stadium in?, ahhhhhhh get it now?

Kraft voted for the NJ/NY bid because he thought the bid was excellent and he has no problem with teams playing in inclement weather.

Jonathan Kraft (Bob's son and President of the Pats) was on the radio up here today. He said that the Pats would never bid for a Super Bowl. He also said if it wasn't a NJ/NY bid yesterday the Super Bowl would have gone to Tampa.

He also mentioned that if the Pats were lucky enough to make the Super Bowl that year it would be great as traveling wouldn't be an issue for the team or the fans.

Exxxxxxactly!

Kraft voted for the NJ/NY bid because he thought the bid was excellent and he has no problem with teams playing in inclement weather.

Jonathan Kraft (Bob's son and President of the Pats) was on the radio up here today. He said that the Pats would never bid for a Super Bowl. He also said if it wasn't a NJ/NY bid yesterday the Super Bowl would have gone to Tampa.

He also mentioned that if the Pats were lucky enough to make the Super Bowl that year it would be great as traveling wouldn't be an issue for the team or the fans.

It definitely was cool of him to support it. The support helped and I believe them when they say it isn't about them eventually bidding for one themselves someday.

Can we get a list of everyone who said we should have had a dome to get the Super Bowl and post it on a wall of shame?

Just sayin.

BZ

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I forgot about that, thank you. I think it was patriotreign that kept saying they made a stupid move financially with no dome. Totally forgot about that, now I have some old posts to look up. :-P

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I forgot about that, thank you. I think it was patriotreign that kept saying they made a stupid move financially with no dome. Totally forgot about that, now I have some old posts to look up. :-P

It was a stupid move.

If there was a retractable roof - concerts, the NFL combine, NCAA basketball, NCAA football, just to name a few, could be held to generate additional revenue. The NCAA final four was held at Lucas Oil stadium.

The proposed Jets stadium in Manhattan had a retractable roof. I wonder why?

How about this idea? Hold the NFL draft at the Meadowlands and sell tixs to all 32 teams fans.Would that have been smart? Perhaps, PSLs would not have been necessary with all the ancillary events held during the NFL off season. New Jersey is looking to raise property taxes again and if IIRC, they are already the highest in the country. Couldnt NJ use more revenue?

Wouldnt you like to see more than 1 SB held at the Meadowlands? But, lets say this 2014 SB winds up being a cluster F because of the weather. More snow falls in the NYC area in Febuary than any other winter month. The NFL is playing Russian roulette here IMO. If the game and fan experience sucks because of the elements, it could put an end to cold weather SB's.

Would it have been wise to build a roof then?

It was a stupid move.

If there was a retractable roof - concerts, the NFL combine, NCAA basketball, NCAA football, just to name a few, could be held to generate additional revenue. The NCAA final four was held at Lucas Oil stadium.

The proposed Jets stadium in Manhattan had a retractable roof. I wonder why?

How about this idea? Hold the NFL draft at the Meadowlands and sell tixs to all 32 teams fans.Would that have been smart? Perhaps, PSLs would not have been necessary with all the ancillary events held during the NFL off season. New Jersey is looking to raise property taxes again and if IIRC, they are already the highest in the country. Couldnt NJ use more revenue?

Wouldnt you like to see more than 1 SB held at the Meadowlands? But, lets say this 2014 SB winds up being a cluster F because of the weather. More snow falls in the NYC area in Febuary than any other winter month. The NFL is playing Russian roulette here IMO. If the game and fan experience sucks because of the elements, it could put an end to cold weather SB's.

Would it have been wise to build a roof then?

Dude I don't care about what they could have done to make money in that stadium outside of play football. Could not care less. The thought of PSLs "not being necessary" is comical. They aren't necessary now and they did them anyway.

The Jets and Giants obviously added it up and decided to not do a roof. I don't need a roof. I don't want a roof. So I am happy with the stadium the way it is.

You said:

There is a reason why Detroit and Indy got super bowls. Domed stadiums.

NY made a big mistake not having a retractable roof.

Looks like they got that Super Bowl without a roof.

I New Jersey is looking to raise property taxes again and if IIRC, they are already the highest in the country. Couldnt NJ use more revenue?

You are suggesting that the state should have paid x hundred million to kick in a roof? Wow, that is a terrible idea. And the state doesn't set property tax rates, that is done a municipal level. A pretty good way to keep tax rates down is to not shell out hundreds of millions for projects that are best handled by the private world.

Dude I don't care about what they could have done to make money in that stadium outside of play football. Could not care less.

Jerry Jones and Robert Isray did.

The NBA allstar had estimates of pumping in 152 M of revenue.

The Final Four pumped 50 M into the Detroit economy a few years ago.

The thought of PSLs "not being necessary" is comical. They aren't necessary now and they did them anyway.

Do you have proof of that or is that just your opinion ?

I believe you, but do you have an article or study that I could read?

The Jets and Giants obviously added it up and decided to not do a roof. I don't need a roof. I don't want a roof. So I am happy with the stadium the way it is.

Good for you.

Going to the SB is like going on vacation. Most people want to go someplace warm in February where at least you dont have dress like a freakin Eskimo and where water freezes.

You said:

Looks like they got that Super Bowl without a roof.

So what. The NFL rescinded the cold weather rule this one instance.

Lets put it this way, does Dallas and Indy stand a better chance of getting in the SB rotation today, or NY?

The NFL wants to also send a message to Minneapolis, San Diego and L.A. that if they step up and show a commitment to the NFL with new stadiums, they too can host a SB.

The Jets and Giants got a Super Bowl without a roof. They were right, you were wrong.

As far as the other stuff, like I said -- I don't care how much woody makes. One thing though, there are a LOT of other venues in this area. Final Four has plenty of other choices in this area already.

But they got the Super Bowl. You didn't think they would. I thought they would get it. That doesn't make me better or smarter. It just makes me right. :-P

You are suggesting that the state should have paid x hundred million to kick in a roof? Wow, that is a terrible idea.

No, thats not what Im suggesting.

Im suggesting using a stadium to its it fullest potential.

And the state doesn't set property tax rates, that is done a municipal level. A pretty good way to keep tax rates down is to not shell out hundreds of millions for projects that are best handled by the private world.

You need to call the NJ Sports Authority.

They just bought a bunch of Jets tixs, PSLs and luxury boxes and theyre asking for 38 M in taxpayer money.

No, thats not what Im suggesting.

Im suggesting using a stadium to its it fullest potential.

You need to call the NJ Sports Authority.

They just bought a bunch of Jets tixs, PSLs and luxury boxes and theyre asking for 38 M in taxpayer money.

The taxes in my town (NJ) are pretty low. So I will save the call and I hope they enjoy the tickets. I will let someone else worry about politics.

Besides I would hate to have to give you an infraction for a political post. :winking0001:

The Jets and Giants got a Super Bowl without a roof. They were right, you were wrong.

They need it to sell PSLs.

If the weather sucks I will be right.

As far as the other stuff, like I said -- I don't care how much woody makes. One thing though, there are a LOT of other venues in this area. Final Four has plenty of other choices in this area already.

Ya, but people like new. Youre in the business of new. You want a new website.

But they got the Super Bowl. You didn't think they would. I thought they would get it. That doesn't make me better or smarter. It just makes me right. :-P

It makes you uppity.

The taxes in my town (NJ) are pretty low. So I will save the call and I hope they enjoy the tickets. I will let someone else worry about politics.

Besides I would hate to have to give you an infraction for a political post. :winking0001:

Ya, Im sure that would break your heart.

Im already on thin ice with 2 infractions this month. Maybe Tex will take me in.

They need it to sell PSLs.

If the weather sucks I will be right.

Ya, but people like new. Youre in the business of new. You want a new website.

It makes you uppity.

That doesn't make me uppity, I was born uppity.

And if the weather sucks for the SB you still won't be right. They got the Super Bowl. They will sell the naming rights as a result. That is what matters to them. End of story.

Ya, Im sure that would break your heart.

Im already on thin ice with 2 infractions this month. Maybe Tex will take me in.

You don't have any infractions you liar. Outside of Jordan sneaker spam I can't remember the last infraction that was handed out here.

That doesn't make me uppity, I was born uppity.

And if the weather sucks for the SB you still won't be right.

Yes, I will. You are looking at this short term.

If the weather sucks, they'll be a backlash of complaining about SBs in cold weather in cities without domes. One and done for the 1.5 B NYC stadium. Jerry Jones wont have that problem. He can guarantee a nearly perfect environment to play the game. The Meadowlands cant.

Furthermore, I am right because the stadium is there collecting bird crap or snow 6 months out of the year. Youve already mentioned a couple of times that the Giants and Jets looked at a roof, but voted no. These guys are very smart people with lots of money, but everybody makes mistakes.

They got the Super Bowl. They will sell the naming rights as a result. That is what matters to them. End of story.

Getting a second SB matters as well.

Archived