Am I reading this wrong?

GMJohnson

Glib dismissals don't really befit a guy who started a thread about special teams play during OTAs.

Those werent dismissals at all. And the thread isnt really about OTAs its more about LB depth, which is what I'm trying to get at. Obviously, no one cares about ST drills in May-June. But if Scott is even being asked to do it, there may be a LB shortage, and the thread was made to try and get info about who would be filliing that role when the live bullets start flying. Totally failed, all I really got was a bunch of smart @ss/defensive comments, but oh well. Sun still comes up every day.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those werent dismissals at all. And the thread isnt really about OTAs its more about LB depth, which is what I'm trying to get at. Obviously, no one cares about ST drills in May-June. But if Scott is even being asked to do it, there may be a LB shortage, and the thread was made to try and get info about who would be filliing that role when the live bullets start flying. Totally failed, all I really got was a bunch of smart @ss/defensive comments, but oh well. Sun still comes up every day.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster

It ain't that hard to look up a roster. :rolleyes:

Was linebacker depth a problem last year?

Did we lose any linebackers this offseason?

I win again.

Was linebacker depth a problem last year?

Did we lose any linebackers this offseason?

I win again.

Yeah you lost 2 of your top ST LBs, Murrell and Izzo, which is part of the reason why Scott was asked to play ST. Guess you havent read the article. Didnt stop you from running your mouth though :rolleyes:. Geez, are there any KNOWLEDGEABLE fans on here?

We lost Murrell and Izzo!!!! The sky is falling!!!!!

Thats the thing, no one cares about ST until someone screws up. Be sarcastic about ST all you want, but Jay Feely will be missed at some point this year. I guarantee it.

Yeah you lost 2 of your top ST LBs, Murrell and Izzo, which is part of the reason why Scott was asked to play ST. Guess you havent read the article. Didnt stop you from running your mouth though :rolleyes:. Geez, are there any KNOWLEDGEABLE fans on here?

I'm in awe of your douchiness.

Izzo sucked. You only called him one of uor top st'ers cause he missed Ginn on both of his kr td's and you want to believe it was all cause of Ginn's talent...I am very happy he is gone. Murrell on the other hand hurt to lose.

Izzo sucked. You only called him one of uor top st'ers cause he missed Ginn on both of his kr td's and you want to believe it was all cause of Ginn's talent...I am very happy he is gone. Murrell on the other hand hurt to lose.

Izzo sucks? Well, Ill take your word for it, but he's been a ST ace for over a decade. Maybe time caught up with him. Who are their replacements is the question though?

Izzo sucks? Well, Ill take your word for it, but he's been a ST ace for over a decade. Maybe time caught up with him. Who are their replacements is the question though?

And Jason Taylor has been a sack machine ace for over a decade too...right?

Wait, why would you take his word for it when you've seen every Jets game from '09 recently. Certainly someone with your level of expertise in the world of football can formulate an opinion on a ST LBer's value as a player on your own. :rolleyes:

Whose his replacement?

Lance Laury is the most likely candidate.

The Jets currently have 11 LB on the roster. Four of them are rookies plus there are some 1st and second year guys. The reason Westhoff wants Scott is because Scott is a great example to the younger guys as he broke into the league playing special teams as an undrafted rookie and is still willing to do it because it helps the team.

What's funny is to me is that someone with your level of football genius couldn't look up the Jets roster and figure this out. I can't believe you of all people didn't know Bart Scott's background and could logically figure out why Westhoff wanted to use him during minicamp.

Lance Laury is the most likely candidate.

The Jets currently have 11 LB on the roster. Four of them are rookies plus there are some 1st and second year guys. The reason Westhoff wants Scott is because Scott is a great example to the younger guys as he broke into the league playing special teams as an undrafted rookie and is still willing to do it because it helps the team.

What's funny is to me is that someone with your level of football genius couldn't look up the Jets roster and figure this out. I can't believe you of all people didn't know Bart Scott's background and could logically figure out why Westhoff wanted to use him during minicamp.

Thx 4 the reply. I dont think its a good idea to use Scott or Dansby or Willis on ST for any reason, but to each their own.

Thx 4 the reply. I dont think its a good idea to use Scott or Dansby or Willis on ST for any reason, but to each their own.

Dude, it's minicamp. They'll be going half speed with no pads and no contact. The liklihood of something happening is slim (of course now that you got me to say it we're ****ed.)

It's doubtful Scott will be playing ST once TC starts. Laury was brought in to be the main ST LB and Westerman should see some reps and Cummings showed some promise last year. The hope is that one or two of the rookies step up and earn a spot on the roster playing their ass off on ST.

We lost Izzo circa week 5 last year.

We lost a ST LB, and we gained one.

Still doesn't explain how you extrapolate that we're shorthanded based on a few plays in OTAs.

Dude, it's minicamp. They'll be going half speed with no pads and no contact. The liklihood of something happening is slim (of course now that you got me to say it we're ****ed.)

It's doubtful Scott will be playing ST once TC starts. Laury was brought in to be the main ST LB and Westerman should see some reps and Cummings showed some promise last year. The hope is that one or two of the rookies step up and earn a spot on the roster playing their ass off on ST.

Its mini camp, and thats the point. OTSa are for the young players to get acclimated to NFL speed, playbooks, schedules etc. And yeah, to keep guys in shape and out of trouble. Bart Scott, Revis, Harris, these guys arent getting anything out of OTA's. I feel like whoever is going to be playing ST come September, needs to be in there now, no need to make a point with Scott, the benefits dont balance with the risk IMO. But as alot of people pointed out, its not that big a deal. Unless he gets hurt...

Its mini camp, and thats the point. OTSa are for the young players to get acclimated to NFL speed, playbooks, schedules etc. And yeah, to keep guys in shape and out of trouble. Bart Scott, Revis, Harris, these guys arent getting anything out of OTA's. I feel like whoever is going to be playing ST come September, needs to be in there now, no need to make a point with Scott, the benefits dont balance with the risk IMO. But as alot of people pointed out, its not that big a deal. Unless he gets hurt...

See, now this is a trolling post.

You agree its not a big deal, yet you insist on belaboring the point with this inane conjecture that Scott will be playing special teams on a regular basis and taking reps away from someone who will be playing ST once the season starts when you know that isn't true.

See, now this is a trolling post.

You agree its not a big deal, yet you insist on belaboring the point with this inane conjecture that Scott will be playing special teams on a regular basis and taking reps away from someone who will be playing ST once the season starts when you know that isn't true.

Here we go again. I guess anything you dont agree with is trolling, lol. Dude, if you see a troll, dont bother telling me cuz I could care less what you think, just ignore the troll and enjoy your day.

Thats the thing, no one cares about ST until someone screws up. Be sarcastic about ST all you want, but Jay Feely will be missed at some point this year. I guarantee it.

Jay Feely is missed by many now. Not me. I actually liked him, but I'd rather have your crying fruit at OLB. Kickers are a dime a dozen and whenever one misses people pine over the last one. Don't look back. They got Feely for nothing and they'll get his replacement for nothing. I find it funny that you think a team that is using a high paid starter on ST is being "sarcastic" about specials. Something tells me that Scott might be better on coverage teams that some ****ty UDFA LB, but that's just me.

Izzo sucks. I think he's out of the league. He was hurt and pretty much sucked when he wasn't. Was put on IR before the end of the season. He had a whopping 7 tackles and his whiff on Ginn didn't help matters. I liked Murrell, but he was far from a ST demon and he was suspended for a week for punching a guy on the Bills on the overtime KO. Cost 15 yards. Not a genius move. He was only active for 10 games. Neither of them was active from week 14 on through the playoffs, so evidently they weren't missed.

I don't give a **** about using Scott on ST. If they want to use him fine. It's probably just as an example during mini-camps. He could get hurt. He could also be injured lifting or running sprints. **** like that happens all the time. Let him be a football player, not a *****. Every play is meaningful.

And Jason Taylor has been a sack machine ace for over a decade too...right?

JT has fallen off but I wouldnt say he sucks. He played well last year, but he just didnt fit into the future plans of the team.

I'd expect you to say he played well last year. Those geniuses you liked to quote over at Pro Football Focus had Taylor ranked 8th best 3-4 OLB. I'll take the 8th best OLB over the 8th best kicker.

Archived