Am I reading this wrong?

GMJohnson

First off, it is just OTA's.

Ryan is sending a message to the entire team that specials are a critical component of the team, and that no one on the team is above playing on ST's.

Kerry Rhodes left the team bitching about how he thought Rex favored some of his ex-Ravens. Could just be that Kerry's a bitch. A lot of people on this board would say that's the case. Could be other players on the team felt the same way, though. This tells them that is not the case.

Jets have a few DB's and LB's they picked up as UDFA's, and they're being shown what "team" means here on the Jets, and also that there's a job opening on ST's that they should be working extra hard to steal from the 30 year old starting LB who probably will not be playing specials come the regular season.

And Sal Pal needs something to write about in June.

That makes alot of sense, thanks. I was startig to wonder if anyone was going to offer a serious reply at all.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stating the obvious as if its some kind of top secret revelation. Congratulations. Youre talking to a guy who has charted and analyzed every single throw that Chad Henne made last year. If you wanna make a Henne thread, I'd be happy to participate. Otherwise, stay on topic, or Shhhhhh.

Didn't you start a Sanchez thread and when the facts regarding Sanchez's and Henne's relative performances down the stretch and the postseason (Sanchez only :Nuts:) you conveniently disappeared and didn't post on the site for about a week.

So since you never responded to me in that thread, I thought I would intentionally derail the obvious and pathetic trolling thread you decided to start about Bart Scott playing ST in a padless practice.

So let's have a serious football discussion kid. How concerned are you about your QBs inability to perform with the season on the line?

Didn't you start a Sanchez thread and when the facts regarding Sanchez's and Henne's relative performances down the stretch and the postseason (Sanchez only :Nuts:) you conveniently disappeared and didn't post on the site for about a week.

So since you never responded to me in that thread, I thought I would intentionally derail the obvious and pathetic trolling thread you decided to start about Bart Scott playing ST in a padless practice.

So let's have a serious football discussion kid. How concerned are you about your QBs inability to perform with the season on the line?

One more time: Start a thread, and Ill be there.

Fair enough. But IIRC, the Jets lost a game last year primarily b/c thier KO team couldnt tackle Ted Ginn Jr. Twice. But hey, no worries...

I thought Ginn played for the 49's now. Maybe I missed something...did you guys get him back?

You mean the guy with the hip problem? Is he going to be doing KR's?

Yep, thats the guy. He had the same hip problem last year. Then he went out and caught 101 balls for 1120 yds and 10 TDs. In 15 games. If you didnt like Teddy, youre going to HATE this guy.

Yep, thats the guy. He had the same hip problem last year. Then he went out and caught 101 balls for 1120 yds and 10 TDs. In 15 games. If you didnt like Teddy, youre going to HATE this guy.

Damn, I thought that was the guy...how did he do in the playoffs?

And then, in a delicious twist of irony, signed a gigantic contract that contains, (wait for it...), Special Teams escalators.

There are some escalators in the contract that Marshall has no real chance of meeting. But it allows his agent to advertise the contract as a 10 million/year deal, which it really isnt. Im interested to see what kind of deal Braylon and Santonio ask for/receive.

Damn, I thought that was the guy...how did he do in the playoffs?

Shucks he didnt make the playoffs, so he doesnt get a trophy. Wait, there is no trophy for making the playoffs, is there? There's a Super Bowl winner & loser, and a bunch of also rans. Only losers get excited about simply making the playoffs :box:.

Shucks he didnt make the playoffs, so he doesnt get a trophy. Wait, there is no trophy for making the playoffs, is there? There's a Super Bowl winner & loser, and a bunch of also rans. Only losers get excited about simply making the playoffs :box:.

Kind of like all Dolphins fans did after the '08 season? :Nuts:

Marino must have a box full of laughs...:rl:

Youre right. But not as many as the Jets. Whats it been 41 years now :box:?

And it's been 37 years for the Dolphins, what's your point?

Pats fans can poke fun at us for not winning championships recently but Dolphins fans?

Were you even alive the last time the Dolphins won the Super Bowl? Nobody currently on your roster was.

And it's been 37 years for the Dolphins, what's your point?

Pats fans can poke fun at us for not winning championships recently but Dolphins fans?

Were you even alive the last time the Dolphins won the Super Bowl? Nobody currently on your roster was.

That's what gets me about these fin fans. They make it sound like they've won their last SB like five years ago...just four years after we won ours.

Oh, it's going to be a fun year.

There are some escalators in the contract that Marshall has no real chance of meeting. But it allows his agent to advertise the contract as a 10 million/year deal, which it really isnt. Im interested to see what kind of deal Braylon and Santonio ask for/receive.

We get a one year rental first, which is nice.

Wait, front offices or coaching staffs sometimes use the concept of ST's to make certain things appear as they aren't? Got it.

LMAO, so the Jets are trying to "make certain things appear as they arent" by putting Scott on ST? Yeah, ok. Except theres absolutely no financial or competitive advantage to be gained by doing that whatsoever. I know youre trying to be a smart @ss, but you left out the "smart". Got it?

LMAO, so the Jets are trying to "make certain things appear as they arent" by putting Scott on ST? Yeah, ok. Except theres absolutely no financial or competitive advantage to be gained by doing that whatsoever. I know youre trying to be a smart @ss, but you left out the "smart". Got it?

Wow.

No competitive advantage to be gained? Really? I know it's difficult for you, but attempt to think about this.

We get a one year rental first, which is nice.

We'll see. Some players go all out in their contract year in order to maximize thier value, and some players do the bare minimum looking to avoid injury. Nobody wants to be the next Leon Washington.

Stating the obvious as if its some kind of top secret revelation. Congratulations. Youre talking to a guy who has charted and analyzed every single throw that Chad Henne made last year. If you wanna make a Henne thread, I'd be happy to participate. Otherwise, stay on topic, or Shhhhhh.

you need a life

Dude, you sound like a little girl. This is a Jets forum, why would I be sticking to the Dolphins? I'll ask one more time, where are the head busters LBs? Bart Scott is one of the highest paid LBs in the league, IIRC he's the 3rd or 4th highest paid ILB, ever. You wont find Willis, Dansby, or any other top tier LB chasing punts, kickoffs or anything of the sort, at OTA's, TC, or anywhere else. The article points out that several NYJ LBs arent practical solutions for the ST unit and I agree with that. Im waiting for someone to say: well player X, Y, Z will be filling that role, theyre just using Scott for now. Or Scott is a team player and he'll be a ST beast in addition to playing ILB. Instead I hear a bunch of overly defensive whining, about a simple OTA/LB depth question. Get it together :yawn:.

Dude little girls troll message boards of opposing teams. Get a life and go post on the Dolphins boards. :hipp:

Archived