Jets vs. Dolphags

JustInFudge

There's no Zing. Im comparing two statements, one by a Fin, one by a Jet, and Im saying that neither one of them matter. I dont see how thats so hard to understand. Its like youre chomping at the bit to find something to take offense to. Calm down man.

You're wrong. One is by an owner (a new one at that who hasn't won jack) and a QB who was one game away from the SB. You don't see a difference there?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're wrong. One is by an owner (a new one at that who hasn't won jack) and a QB who was one game away from the SB. You don't see a difference there?

You are really reaching and trying to split hairs on this one. One is an Owner one is a player. In your example the player has more rights to make predictions. Really? the guy collecting a check has more right to make a prediction than the one paying them? Weak argument at best.

Bottom line is both are just predictions and once the season starts non of it will really matter.

You are really reaching and trying to split hairs on this one. One is an Owner one is a player. In your example the player has more rights to make predictions. Really? the guy collecting a check has more right to make a prediction than the one paying them? Weak argument at best.

Bottom line is both are just predictions and once the season starts non of it will really matter.

I agree that none of it really matters...but one said it on a visit at the White House. The other just came up and said it out of nowhere.

So, you would have no problem with say York of the 49's making that same statement about Alex Smith? I don't think Montana fans would be so pleased...it was a dumb statement by the fin owner. Unless of course you think Marino wasn't all that good? Then that's another thread starter for sure.

So, you would have no problem with say York of the 49's making that same statement about Alex Smith? I don't think Montana fans would be so pleased...it was a dumb statement by the fin owner. Unless of course you think Marino wasn't all that good? Then that's another thread starter for sure.

So now we're talking about his comments on Henne right? First off I'm not sure I have read a correct quote here yet. I'm not saying that there hasn't been one posted as I don't get the chance to read all of the posts here. So let me first quote Ross's exact quote.

So now we're talking about his comments on Henne right? First off I'm not sure I have read a correct quote here yet. I'm not saying that there hasn't been one posted as I don't get the chance to read all of the posts here. So let me first quote Ross's exact quote.

All he's saying is that he hopes that Henne goes down in history as the teams greatest QB. He's not anointing him and saying he is or even saying he expects him to be. All he's doing is simply saying that when its all said and done he hopes Henne goes down as the greatest QB in Dolphins history and then goes on to elaborate on what that would mean to the team if he was.

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with that.

JiF,

Ya right now its all just a lot of talk as no one has taken a single snap that counts yet. Also it wasn't out of no where. He was being honored after donating 82K to his alma mater. He was asked a question and he answered it. I really see no harm here.

As I stated to you on "thephins" website. For the owner to make a statement like that knowing that the QB history of the Dolphins consist of Marino, Griese and Maroll is a bit irresponsible. I could understand if this was a team that never really had an All time Great, but the Dolphins have not 1 but 2 all time greats.

His "hopes" are to be dissected and spoken upon if he's going to make them public like that. Again, Henne seems to be pleasing the owners, Tuna, Sparano etc. But instead of the Owner saying that, he should have said he hoped to have a superbowl winning QB on his hands or something. Even Jet fans took offense to the statement that are Football fans and know what Marino did for this game and what Griese and a perfect season looks like. just saying.

In a way that statement downplays what these guys have done. These guys are the reason why the Fins are even relevant....you'll never hear anyone in the Jets organization downplay what Namath did for this team. Only until a QB actually surpasses him will a statement even remotely close to that will ever be stated.

As I stated to you on "thephins" website. For the owner to make a statement like that knowing that the QB history of the Dolphins consist of Marino, Griese and Maroll is a bit irresponsible. I could understand if this was a team that never really had an All time Great, but the Dolphins have not 1 but 2 all time greats.

His "hopes" are to be dissected and spoken upon if he's going to make them public like that. Again, Henne seems to be pleasing the owners, Tuna, Sparano etc. But instead of the Owner saying that, he should have said he hoped to have a superbowl winning QB on his hands or something. Even Jet fans took offense to the statement that are Football fans and know what Marino did for this game and what Griese and a perfect season looks like. just saying.

In a way that statement downplays what these guys have done. These guys are the reason why the Fins are even relevant....you'll never hear anyone in the Jets organization downplay what Namath did for this team. Only until a QB actually surpasses him will a statement even remotely close to that will ever be stated.

Hahah love the Sig BTW. I still see hope and expectation as two different things. Well at least Webster and I do. As I stated on thephins I hope that Sparano turns out to be the greatest coach in Dolphin history. I stand by that and I grew up in the Shula era and I love the guy to death.

Either way though I really don't see it as that big of a deal. He was at a Ceremony and was asked questions about his team. Hell the man spent over 1 billion dollars on the team. The least he should be entitled to do is say he expects them to win.

I'm happy with Sparano, but i actually like Herm

You'd like Herm as your HC and Carl Peterson as GM?

Now that's actually laugh out loud funny.

Herm did such a great job here for the Jets and pair him with CP in K.C. - just look at K.C's record the time Herm was there.

It is very likely that Carl Peterson will be the PHags GM next year. I can only hope and pray that he hires Herm and Dick Curl.

Hahah love the Sig BTW. I still see hope and expectation as two different things. Well at least Webster and I do. As I stated on thephins I hope that Sparano turns out to be the greatest coach in Dolphin history. I stand by that and I grew up in the Shula era and I love the guy to death.

Either way though I really don't see it as that big of a deal. He was at a Ceremony and was asked questions about his team. Hell the man spent over 1 billion dollars on the team. The least he should be entitled to do is say he expects them to win.

I got it from my boy Landshark! Its better than this pic though lol.

340x.jpg

JiF,

Ya right now its all just a lot of talk as no one has taken a single snap that counts yet. Also it wasn't out of no where. He was being honored after donating 82K to his alma mater. He was asked a question and he answered it. I really see no harm here.

I started this thread to recognize that the 2 teams are good again and since you guys have won the last 3 games and the addition of swapping players, words and fingers, its a rivalry again...all this other stuff, really doesnt concern me.

However, I do think it was kind of out of no where. Compliment him on an aspect of his game, but dont put that type of pressure on a kid (this no knock on Henne) that has shown nothing, ever, to be compared to Marino. It pains me to say it, but the prick could be the greatest pure passer the game has ever seen and saying that Henne is going to be better than him and Griese is really quite ridiculous...and I dont think I've ever heard a player/coach/owner do anything like it before.

Again, it means nothing, but its just an odd kinda stupid thing to say.

Whatever dude, most of the guys Ive spoken with here are more interested in making insults and one liners than in having an actual conversation. Which is cool, I can dish it out and I can take it. It would be nice to be able to talk football for a change, hopefully it'll happen at some point. As for being objective, what post was I not objective in? I dont utter a word without facts or references to back it up. What I wont do, is kow tow to a Jet fan, or any other fan, or apologize for having an opinion other than "the Jets are winning the Super Bowl and Miami sucks". If someone disagrees w/ me, fine, dont like what I have to say, yawn. Prove me wrong then. Instead, its troll this and that, panties in a bunch, but rarely does anyone have anything of substance to say. Im here to talk football, exchange opinions, get info on the Jets, etc, but Im not here looking for anyone's approval.

Bro...I'm not going back and pointing out specifics. But we've had those exchanges and its the reason I'm not going to talk Football with you. I've said numerous times that Dolphags are a good team. Thats why I started this thread. I've told you I like Henne and think Dansby and Marshall improve your team. But I've also given honest objective feedback about your team that you cant handle.

I'm not right, your not right. Most of these conversations are projections. Nobody's acting like they have the crystal ball. Sorry, there are no facts that prove Sanchez is better than Henne. Or the Jets will be better than the Dolphags. Or you have the better RB's. yadayaday...but you act as there is and you are quite obnoxious about it.

If there are guys that are acting that way, then ignore them and talk to those who will be objective...I feel that I'm always that way with oppossing fans. There are some topics I'm more passionate about...but overall I'm pretty objective and extremely hard on the Jets.

But I'm sorry if I feel no sympathy for a troll who has done his fair share of trolling. Whether you want to belive or not, you've made your own bed here at JN.

I started this thread to recognize that the 2 teams are good again and since you guys have won the last 3 games and the addition of swapping players, words and fingers, its a rivalry again...all this other stuff, really doesnt concern me.

However, I do think it was kind of out of no where. Compliment him on an aspect of his game, but dont put that type of pressure on a kid (this no knock on Henne) that has shown nothing, ever, to be compared to Marino. It pains me to say it, but the prick could be the greatest pure passer the game has ever seen and saying that Henne is going to be better than him and Griese is really quite ridiculous...and I dont think I've ever heard a player/coach/owner do anything like it before.

Again, it means nothing, but its just an odd kinda stupid thing to say.

:cheers:

Bro...I'm not going back and pointing out specifics. But we've had those exchanges and its the reason I'm not going to talk Football with you. I've said numerous times that Dolphags are a good team. Thats why I started this thread. I've told you I like Henne and think Dansby and Marshall improve your team. But I've also given honest objective feedback about your team that you cant handle.

Such as?

I'm not right, your not right. Most of these conversations are projections. Nobody's acting like they have the crystal ball. Sorry, there are no facts that prove Sanchez is better than Henne. Or the Jets will be better than the Dolphags. Or you have the better RB's. yadayaday...but you act as there is and you are quite obnoxious about it.

I agree. But there are certainly facts that can be used to grade their performances last year, and the facts show the Henne performed better. Thats not saying much for Henne, because just about every QB in the league performed better than Sanchez. Of course any negative statement towards a Jet (especially him) is called trolling around here. I can always backup my statements though, so Im going to say what I have to say whether you or anyone else likes it or not. If Im wrong, tell me why, use facts though, not insults. And I'll do the same.

If there are guys that are acting that way, then ignore them and talk to those who will be objective...I feel that I'm always that way with oppossing fans. There are some topics I'm more passionate about...but overall I'm pretty objective and extremely hard on the Jets. But I'm sorry if I feel no sympathy for a troll who has done his fair share of trolling. Whether you want to belive or not, you've made your own bed here at JN.

There's already a couple I ignore, and Im sure a few who ignore me as well. But hey, I never shoot my mouth off without being able to back it up w/ facts, and I've never gotten personal w/ anyone who hadnt gone after me first. You can call it trolling all you want, but its basically me saying things that make people feel uncomfortable. I posted a Sal Paolantonio article w/ a QUESTION about was it true, and you'd think I posted "Jets suck major @ss are going 0-16" with most of the replies. Its the Fins logo I think, but I'll lie my bed all day long, nice and comfy ;).

Thats not saying much for Henne, because just about every QB in the league performed better than Sanchez. Of course any negative statement towards a Jet (especially him) is called trolling around here. I can always backup my statements though, so Im going to say what I have to say whether you or anyone else likes it or not. If Im wrong, tell me why, use facts though, not insults. And I'll do the same.

I can provide facts that Sanchez played well in the playoffs in his rookie season.

Can you do the same for Henne and every other QB in the league?

No?

It's called trolling and you're absolutely ****ing horrid at it.

You come off as a total pompous douche with no factual backing, no intellectual discourse and support the theory most of the sports world has about South Florida sports.

They're uninformed. Blame it on the media, the owners, your parents... Frankly, I don't care.

But you are unequipped to enter this conversation with even a morsel of humility and thus it will go nowhere.

Keep spouting off diatribe after diatribe of "facts"...

If only the posters here would be smart enough to ignore you from here on out.

I can provide facts that Sanchez played well in the playoffs in his rookie season.

No?

You come off as a total pompous douche with no factual backing, no intellectual discourse and support the theory most of the sports world has about South Florida sports.

They're uninformed. Blame it on the media, the owners, your parents... Frankly, I don't care.

But you are unequipped to enter this conversation with even a morsel of humility and thus it will go nowhere.

Good post, but you have to understand it's the offseason and posters like GMJ provide comic relief.

No?

But... he watches every game. :rolleyes:

No?

So what you're saying is, he's exactly like every other stupid dolphag fan.

Sanchez played well is an OPINION. Moron. If you have some facts that will support that OPINION, then how about presenting them instead of just talking about how you "can provide". The dummy count on this board is ridiculous.

FACT is, Sanchez made it to the AFCCG in his rookie season. Good for him. He's still one of the worst QBs in the entire league.: http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1. <--- Thats a reference. An indepenent source of info to support an opinon. Try it.

Yawn. At some point you " he's a troll" women will realize that I could care less what you say. If you dont like it, refute, ignore it , I dont care. But as usual, its another whining @ss woman with no facts to support anything he says. Lol.

Yawn. Yes, please ignore me. I get tired of talking to dummy after dummy.

Sanchez played well is an OPINION. Moron. If you have some facts that will support that OPINION, then how about presenting them instead of just talking about how you "can provide". The dummy count on this board is ridiculous.

What's with the constant personal attacks? When someone disagrees with your OPINION, it doesn't make them stupid you moronic asshead.

FACT is, Sanchez made it to the AFCCG in his rookie season. Good for him. He's still one of the worst QBs in the entire league.: http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1. <--- Thats a reference. An indepenent source of info to support an opinon. Try it.

Stupidity just comes natural to you, doesn't it?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=p&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 <--- That's a reference. An independent source of information to support an opinion. Try harder.

Stupidity just comes natural to you, doesn't it?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=p&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1 <--- That's a reference. An independent source of information to support an opinion. Try harder.

wow, 3rd in the league...thanx Johnson

what do you expect from a guy who takes the name of a guy that dumped Dan Marino and broke the whole phag org. into pieces...

Archived