Jets vs. Dolphags

JustInFudge

Seriously dude, when you first game on this Jets forum, it was fun. Now, you're getting this typical dolphin attitude that your team is better then it actually is.

You're arguing with Jets fans about their team that came one game from going to a SB and your team hasn't won a playoff game since 2000. If you hadn't beat us last year, this would be even a bigger joke. Looking at the improvements over the past offseason, do you really think your team has made more strides then the Jets have? Let's get real here, okay?

And you know damn well if Henne was the one that took your team to the AFC Championship game, you would be having wet dreams all day long...guess what team went to the AFC Championship last year with a rookie? That same rookie who you think is a POS and he's only going to get even better...take it to the bank. So please, go argue with a Bills fan...they're more in your league.

Thats the thing. I really wouldnt. Alot of fans got excited after we went 11-5. Not me. I thought we got VERY lucky. Easy schedule, no injuries, Brady injured, Favre injured. I thought last year we'd come crashing back to earth, and unfortunately, I was right.

No one is bashing your squad or saying that the Fins are better. I dont really bring up Miami unless someone else does first b/c this aint a Fins forum. Ive discussed what I think of the Fins here before, and I think you'd take my Jets comments in a new light if you saw what I had to say about Miami.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can tell you didnt watch any of the Henne games youre referring to. We're down 24-6 to Tennessee and Henne leads a comeback to force OT. Yeah he threw a pick in OT, three for the game, but closing an 18 point gap with the set of WRs he had, ON THE ROAD, is far from choking. Vs Houston we're down 27-3 and Henne leads 3 scoring drives in a losing effort 27-20. Vs Pittsburgh, Henne was pulled after the 2nd Qtr. All of those teams were still fighting for the playoffs, none of them laid down and allowed us to win. But hey, if you wanna wear the green goggles, wear em. But dont say Henne choked. Its just factually inacurrate.

Im still waiting to see the games where Sanchez "shined". His best three games were probably the first three games of the season. He never played that well for the rest of the year. At the end of the season, I keep hearing. A 10-7 loss to Atlanta. The two scrimmages vs Indy and Cincy. He had a good game in the wild card round, 15 passes total. Nothing shiny about that. Threw for 100 yds vs San Diego, on 23 att, with a TD and a pick. Not shining. AFCCG? He had a decent 1st half, made some plays, but when the pressure was on, when the Colts were coming back and taking the lead, and NY needed a score or two, what'd Sanchez give you? Nothing. Not shiny at all.

I love the way Jets fans have made up this fantasy of Sanchez the clutch QB playoff performer. Its hilarious. Truth is, your defense and running game carried you, Sanchez was just along for the ride. It wasnt until Sanchez got out of the way and stopped losing games that the Jets started winning. The coaches had to make a color coded system to tell him when he could throw passes into coverage lol. Theyre not doing that b/c he was playing better, or "shining". But go ahead, think what you want. Reality check time = September.

To lead a 24-6 comeback implies you're QB helped get you into a 24-6 predicament in the first place. Same applies with being down 27-3. It's just a ridiculously flawed argument, Henne got worse down the stretch. Sanchez got better - Twist it whatever way you like it doesn't change that fact.

The last paragraph of your post is embarrassing. First of all most Jet fans acknowledge that Sanchez was the major weakness of this team last season and realise he seriously needs to improve, however we can also see that we can win big games with him at QB, and if he improves in the way he should going into a second season (And with the addition of a Top 10 WR in the league) then our offense suddenly becomes pretty dangerous.

There's a degree of truth in what you say about the coaches, but it wasn't Sanchez I blame for it. It was a change Rex should have made right after the Bills game, when it was made clear that our offensive co-ordinator should in fact be legally retarded. He was asking a QB, that had played 16 games IN COLLEGE to do far too much. Yes he had a good start but we ended up getting away from what we did better than anyone in the league, running the ball, and thus we went off the rails.

This season, our passing game will be better. Sanchez cannot get worse and with Santo in there we have a whole new set of weapons. Add that to the league's top running game and the Jets will be a force.

I can't wait for this reality check. Can't ****ing wait.

You're exactly right. This is EXACTLY what I stated in my comment. I stated that with Cro being back in man to man and him being on one of the best pass rushing teams in the league what is THAT going to equate to?

You know the answer....you just said it yourself. Its not about him wanting to just be a "good" player. This is a team sport. If the pass rush can get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly it is a fact that Cro has had success in situations like that.

What do the Jets do? I like Landshark because he's realistic....you my friend are going to get your feelings hurt come week 3 thats all I got to say.

Thats what I like to hear...Youre sooo gonna get your @sses kicked :box:. LMAO.

Yeah Ive heard all kinds of excuses for Cromartie. It was the zone scheme is the most popular though. How about dude just lost interest in being a good player? How about in 2007 Shawne Merriman and Shawn Phillips were terrorizing the QB and forcing bad/quick throws, and neither has been the same since. I dont know if he'll play better in NY, part of me thinks he will b/c of the pressure NY can generate. Part of me says no b/c if he wasnt a bum SD wouldnt have given him away. Like everything else, we wont find out till September.

He's in a contract year, and he has 17 mouths to feed. If he's ever going to be interested in being good at football ever again, it's going to be this season.

Thats the key. Brady got away with alot having Moss run deep and Welker being the best route runner in the league. Moss isnt the same and neither is Welker. Brady doesnt srike fear into people as he used to either. Look how he got manhandled in the playoffs. You think teams werent watching that? I bet the Colts, Jets, Fins, Bills and Steelers were.

I dunno, I've just seen the Pats with Brady and Belichick get ruled out way too often before seasons only for it never to actually come through. Brady is one of the greatest. I'll have a hard time believing he's going to consistently struggle until I've seen it with my own eyes. I remember in 2005, him single-handedly carrying him to the Pats to the playoffs, seeing him do that again wouldn't shock me, especially with everyone ruling them and paticularly him out.

Thats what I like to hear...Youre sooo gonna get your @sses kicked :box:. LMAO.

Would you like to put up a lil wager then? How about Avatar/Sig wager. Jets win I get to pick out your Avatar and Sig until the next game. Same thing if the Fins win. However, If the Jets sweep the Fins You have to sport what I give you until the end of the season....same thing for me.

If they tie then whoever lost the first game can then change their avatar to whatever they want and the loser of the second game has to change their avatar until playoffs.

Deal?

He's in a contract year, and he has 17 mouths to feed. If he's ever going to be interested in being good at football ever again, it's going to be this season.

I agree. Everything that he needs to be successful he has.

He has the front 7, he has a CB on the other side that cant be taken advantage of. All Cro needs to do is his job and he'll certainly be a probowler because he's going to get some work on that other side.

Marshall and Revis is a good matchup for Revis. He shut down better receivers than Marshall last year, with better QB's throwing the ball. Having Marshall will just keep him from getting bored.

JT is going to move around, and guys like Gholston will be charged with occupying Jake Long. Jets added the pass rush, Cromartie, and Kyle Wilson; and Henne finished the season throwing 10 picks in 6 games. Four int's is a lowball number.

The only sack Jake Long gave up in college was to Gholston...hopefully we can see more of that. (at least something)

To lead a 24-6 comeback implies you're QB helped get you into a 24-6 predicament in the first place. Same applies with being down 27-3. It's just a ridiculously flawed argument, Henne got worse down the stretch. Sanchez got better - Twist it whatever way you like it doesn't change that fact.[/QUOUTE]

Implies, yes. But if you bring your team back from down 18 in the second half of a road game, or any game, you REALLY cant say the QB choked in that situation. Its like you guys have one standard for Jets players and another standard for everyone else. I have one standard and I apply to to everyone.

The last paragraph of your post is embarrassing. First of all most Jet fans acknowledge that Sanchez was the major weakness of this team last season and realise he seriously needs to improve, however we can also see that we can win big games with him at QB, and if he improves in the way he should going into a second season (And with the addition of a Top 10 WR in the league) then our offense suddenly becomes pretty dangerous.

I can only go by what Ive read so far and youre the first one to use the term "weak link". I agree completely. Like I said, it shows how good the rest of the team was that you were able to win with him at QB. I also agree that if he improves, you guys can be a serious problem for the NFL. But thats the thing, theres no guaranteee that it happens. For every Brady, Peyton, Eli, Palmer, Brees, Rivers, Scahub, Rodgers, there is a Vince Young, Jason Campbell, Jamarcus Russell, Alex Smith, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, David Carr, etc so you never know.

There's a degree of truth in what you say about the coaches, but it wasn't Sanchez I blame for it. It was a change Rex should have made right after the Bills game, when it was made clear that our offensive co-ordinator should in fact be legally retarded. He was asking a QB, that had played 16 games IN COLLEGE to do far too much. Yes he had a good start but we ended up getting away from what we did better than anyone in the league, running the ball, and thus we went off the rails.

IMO Sanchez had a great start. Aside from the silly pick 6 vs Houston and the slippery ball syndrome vs Tennessee, he was light out for the first 3 weeks. Even vs us on Monday night he was very good. I agree that you maybe reign him in, but youve also gotta let him go through his growing pains, its a fine line between developing the player and winning right now.

This season, our passing game will be better. Sanchez cannot get worse and with Santo in there we have a whole new set of weapons. Add that to the league's top running game and the Jets will be a force.

I can't wait for this reality check. Can't ****ing wait.

Who are you telling :box:?

Would you like to put up a lil wager then? How about Avatar/Sig wager. Jets win I get to pick out your Avatar and Sig until the next game. Same thing if the Fins win. However, If the Jets sweep the Fins You have to sport what I give you until the end of the season....same thing for me.

If they tie then whoever lost the first game can then change their avatar to whatever they want and the loser of the second game has to change their avatar until playoffs.

Deal?

Ehhh, its June. Henne, Brown, Marshall and Long might all have torn ACLs by Week 3. But as the season approaches, Ill definitley come looking for you.

I dunno, I've just seen the Pats with Brady and Belichick get ruled out way too often before seasons only for it never to actually come through. Brady is one of the greatest. I'll have a hard time believing he's going to consistently struggle until I've seen it with my own eyes. I remember in 2005, him single-handedly carrying him to the Pats to the playoffs, seeing him do that again wouldn't shock me, especially with everyone ruling them and paticularly him out.

Dont get me wrong, but the past is the past though. This 2010 team is nothing like the 2005 team. This is a completely different Patriots team...which is living in the limelight of their past successes. Thats just what it is. I remember when The Patriots would beat on the Colts every year, now the Colts are beating them. I remember when the Pats would sweep the Jets and always beat us at home, thats no longer the case. I remember when the Pats were the outright best team in the league...thats not the case. I remember the Pats would NEVER lose their first playoff game,....thats not the case.

This isnt the Vrabel, Samuel, Harrison, bruschi Patriots that we all loved to hate. This team is vulnerable and The Jets are not the Jets of old either...from the players down to the coaching staff.

The phags are toast, even their owner can see the writing on the wall. He's getting ready to dump Parcells and company. Normally I don't agree w/PFT but their read is correct. Set the bar high and hold these clowns accountable when they have a 6 win season.

V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells remains under contract for two more years, and he can leave at any time and collect the balance of his contract. When he goes, whether after this season or the next, it's widely believed that long-time Chiefs G.M. Carl Peterson will become the next captain of the ship.

Peterson will want to hire his own people to handle the key jobs, like head coach. And Peterson quite possibly won't want Sparano, a hand-picked Parcells hire.

So what better way to grease the skids for making a change than to set Sparano's bar so high that he'll have a hard time clearing it? Though Ross can dump his head coach any time he chooses, the fans and the media won't support the move if they don't believe the coach deserves to get fired. By pushing a mediocre roster to overachieve and make the playoffs, Sparano would enjoy widespread support. But if the fans and the media perceive that he couldn't finish the job with a team stocked like a fish bowl full of trout, no one will complain if/when Peterson concludes that it's time to make a change.

Jets will DOMINATE this year against the Phags, ass kicking of biblical proportions. We may see another 62-7 like game, heck we may see 2 of them. Dominate from the opening KO to the final second.

Parcells will walk and the Phag's will have Carl Peterson - it doesn't get any better. Unless he hires Herm as the next HC of the FL Phags.

Dont get me wrong, but the past is the past though. This 2010 team is nothing like the 2005 team. This is a completely different Patriots team...which is living in the limelight of their past successes. Thats just what it is. I remember when The Patriots would beat on the Colts every year, now the Colts are beating them. I remember when the Pats would sweep the Jets and always beat us at home, thats no longer the case. I remember when the Pats were the outright best team in the league...thats not the case. I remember the Pats would NEVER lose their first playoff game,....thats not the case.

This isnt the Vrabel, Samuel, Harrison, bruschi Patriots that we all loved to hate. This team is vulnerable and The Jets are not the Jets of old either...from the players down to the coaching staff.

I'm not saying that the Pats are what they were. No way, the dynasty years have long gone. The team can still be good though, competitive at the very least as long as Brady is there. That 2005 team I mentioned, just look at the final roster they had that season. They had to bring Bruschi back after a stroke things were that bad, but still Brady was healthy and completely lead his team to the playoffs.

Can he do it again? Maybe not, maybe he never will be the same player but I wouldn't bet against it.

In what aspect are you guys better than us in? That's a serious question. All I can think of is Brandon Marshall but we have Revis...so..what is it?

I was talkin a lil smack right there man. Honestly, I cant really say right now. Its been an entire off season, new free agents, draft, and I havent seen any of the new pieces for either team on the field.

What I can say is that Miami will should be better on both sides of the ball, but not as good on ST. IMO Miami had some glaring weakness that they addressed, ILB and WR to be exact but OLB/FS still bothers me. The Jets didnt have any glaring weaknesses, but I think there are some depth issues there, especially if the injury bug bites. I really think its a toss up right now. Anyone who thinks the Pats/Fins/Jets are much better or worse than each other is either looking too hard or not looking hard enough. The Bills? LMAO. Theyre garbage.

I was talkin a lil smack right there man. Honestly, I cant really say right now. Its been an entire off season, new free agents, draft, and I havent seen any of the new pieces for either team on the field.

What I can say is that Miami will should be better on both sides of the ball, but not as good on ST. IMO Miami had some glaring weakness that they addressed, ILB and WR to be exact but OLB/FS still bothers me. The Jets didnt have any glaring weaknesses, but I think there are some depth issues there, especially if the injury bug bites. I really think its a toss up right now. Anyone who thinks the Pats/Fins/Jets are much better or worse than each other is either looking too hard or not looking hard enough. The Bills? LMAO. Theyre garbage.

I think that you're viewing this Jets team from last years stand point in regards to injuries. We have depth at just about every position actually.

Safety/Corner- Ihedigbo, Coleman, Lowery, Wilson, Cole, Smith & possibly Warren.

Backers- Cummings, Westerman, Reamer (This kids a sleeper).

DE- Pitoitua, Gholston, Devito

DT-Pouha (The 6th man for the Jets. He was like a starter coming off the bench last year. Jinx will be very healthy now that we know what Big P can do).

WR- Allison, Clowney, Cotchery

T- Slauson, Ducasse, Kia (beast out of Hawaii)

G- Ducasse, Slauson, Hunter

C- Woody, Slauson

QB- Ainge, Brunell (in about a month and a 1/2).

FB- The Terminator

RB- Washington, McKnight, LT (An older LT with the best OL is like a younger LT with a horrible line....he's good regardless)

The only position I am worried about is TE. If Keller goes down I'll be sick.

EDIT: And im worred about our kicking game. Bottomline is though we want to score TD's, FG's still win games and Folk has been very suspect.

I'm not saying that the Pats are what they were. No way, the dynasty years have long gone. The team can still be good though, competitive at the very least as long as Brady is there. That 2005 team I mentioned, just look at the final roster they had that season. They had to bring Bruschi back after a stroke things were that bad, but still Brady was healthy and completely lead his team to the playoffs.

Can he do it again? Maybe not, maybe he never will be the same player but I wouldn't bet against it.

Maybe its just the Pats hate in me then. Could be. I just know we're going to kick their a** this year!

OK, so far, GMJohnson , in this thread alone claims to:

1)has seen EVERY game Welker & Bess has played

2) seen EVERY Denver game from last year

and in the AM I reading this right thread:

charted and analyzed EVERY single throw that Chad Henne made last year.

This guy is either:

a) a loser with no life

B) the biggest bs'er on the internet

or

c) both

I pick c

This guy is either:

a) a loser with no life

or

c) both

I pick c

He makes some outrageous claims...things like, he invented the question mark.

I think that you're viewing this Jets team from last years stand point in regards to injuries. We have depth at just about every position actually.

Safety/Corner- Ihedigbo, Coleman, Lowery, Wilson, Cole, Smith & possibly Warren.

Backers- Cummings, Westerman, Reamer (This kids a sleeper).

DE- Pitoitua, Gholston, Devito

DT-Pouha (The 6th man for the Jets. He was like a starter coming off the bench last year. Jinx will be very healthy now that we know what Big P can do).

WR- Allison, Clowney, Cotchery

T- Slauson, Ducasse, Kia (beast out of Hawaii)

G- Ducasse, Slauson, Hunter

C- Woody, Slauson

QB- Ainge, Brunell (in about a month and a 1/2).

FB- The Terminator

RB- Washington, McKnight, LT (An older LT with the best OL is like a younger LT with a horrible line....he's good regardless)

The only position I am worried about is TE. If Keller goes down I'll be sick.

EDIT: And im worred about our kicking game. Bottomline is though we want to score TD's, FG's still win games and Folk has been very suspect.

What I mean by depth is quality back ups who can come in for a starter without a major drop in talent/production level. My eyes tell me youre lacking depth at QB, RB, TE, DE, ILB, and OL. Im sure you'd disagree, but hey, nothing wrong with that. And Leon Washington was traded to Seattle.

This guy is either:

a) a loser with no life

or

c) both

I pick c

D) works as a football writer/analyst

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/ Its really not the hard. Even morons like you can watch Denver's games in a few weekends or off days. We signed Brandon Marshall and we brought in Mike Nolan, so it makes sense to watch the Broncos, to see what we're getting in those two.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/ Its really not the hard. Even morons like you can watch Denver's games in a few weekends or off days. We signed Brandon Marshall and we brought in Mike Nolan, so it makes sense to watch the Broncos, to see what we're getting in those two.

YOU ARE A PHAG FAN ON A JETS BOARD TRYING TO INCITE CRAP WITH YOUR TRIPE AND I AM A MORON?

You just proved our point...oh, and stop blaming us for personal attacks, you seem to have the market cornered...

Wait! Are you saying your clairvoyant now? How did you know to watch those games in advance...I mean, of all games to watch, you chose the Denver games...you could have chosen 30 something other teams in anticipation of future pickups and you didn't...damn, that's cool stuff right there...:rolleyes:

YOU ARE A PHAG FAN ON A JETS BOARD TRYING TO INCITE CRAP WITH YOUR TRIPE AND I AM A MORON?

You just proved our point...oh, and stop blaming us for personal attacks, you seem to have the market cornered...

He's like a guy with Tourette's yelling at other people to watch their language.

Lol listen to yourself. If you feel like Im inciting crap, then DONT REPLY. Ignore my threads, ignore my posts. Ignore me period. Its really that simple. And I promise it wont hurt my feelings. I'll discuss football with whoever's left and call it a day. But when youre making these silly @ss accusations about inciting this or trolling that, but at the same time replying to everything I say, it kinda makes you look like a moron. If you say Im a troll, put your money where your mouth is and ignore me :cheers:.

Wait! Are you saying your clairvoyant now? How did you know to watch those games in advance...I mean, of all games to watch, you chose the Denver games...you could have chosen 30 something other teams in anticipation of future pickups and you didn't...damn, that's cool stuff right there...:rolleyes:

SMH. If you dont know what NFLR is just ask dude. That way you wont make dumb statements like the one up there ^^^. The way it works is you can watch any game from any team, playoffs included, for a flat fee. All Jets games, one click. All Broncos games, one click. Off season pass will run you about 30 bucks IIRC. It doesnt require any clairvoyance. Perhaps you got NFLR confused with NFL Sunday Ticket. Your bad, reading is fundamental. You can go ahead and take your foot out of your mouth now...

Lol listen to yourself. If you feel like Im inciting crap, then DONT REPLY. Ignore my threads, ignore my posts. Ignore me period. Its really that simple. And I promise it wont hurt my feelings. I'll discuss football with whoever's left and call it a day. But when youre making these silly @ss accusations about inciting this or trolling that, but at the same time replying to everything I say, it kinda makes you look like a moron. If you say Im a troll, put your money where your mouth is and ignore me :cheers:.

I won't ignore you on our board and you are a F'ING troll...you should be happy Max isn't like your ass wipe admins on your phag boards who ban people because they don't like their screen name...but I tell you something, no-one is un-bannable, right Tex?

SMH. If you dont know what NFLR is just ask dude. That way you wont make dumb statements like the one up there ^^^. The way it works is you can watch any game from any team, playoffs included, for a flat fee. All Jets games, one click. All Broncos games, one click. Off season pass will run you about 30 bucks IIRC. It doesnt require any clairvoyance. Perhaps you got NFLR confused with NFL Sunday Ticket. Your bad, reading is fundamental. You can go ahead and take your foot out of your mouth now...

Still not understanding...you paid to watch the Denver games before or after the fins made these two "great" acquisitions?

I won't ignore you on our board and you are a F'ING troll...you should be happy Max isn't like your ass wipe admins on your phag boards who ban people because they don't like their screen name...but I tell you something, no-one is un-bannable, right Tex?

Lol youre just angry. Have a beer man, its five o clock somewhere.

Still not understanding...you paid to watch the Denver games before or after the fins made these two "great" acquisitions?

No problem. NFLR allows you to to go back after the season and watch any games you choose. So if I decide in April or June or whenever, that I wanna watch all of the Denver games then I can do that. Or any other team. The games are archived by team or by Week #. Theyre all in HD, commercial free. Its a good deal, a good way to pass time during the offseason, and a good way to get ready for the upcoming season.

Maybe thats why I have such different opinions from the guys on this board. Ive seen every Jets game from last season in the last couple weeks, and most of you guys havent seen a Jets game in 6 months. Stats and memories are nice, but nothing beats watching the games.

No problem. NFLR allows you to to go back after the season and watch any games you choose. So if I decide in April or June or whenever, that I wanna watch all of the Denver games then I can do that. Or any other team. The games are archived by team or by Week #. Theyre all in HD, commercial free. Its a good deal, a good way to pass time during the offseason, and a good way to get ready for the upcoming season.

Maybe thats why I have such different opinions from the guys on this board. Ive seen every Jets game from last season in the last couple weeks, and most of you guys havent seen a Jets game in 6 months. Stats and memories are nice, but nothing beats watching the games.

It helps to actually understand what you are watching. :rolleyes:

living is S. Fla I have seen every phag game for the last 4 decades...you guys suck...and you fans are the blindest, least-worthy in the league.

( ADD EVERY JETS GAME NOW TO THIS GUYS RESUME)

Archived