Jets vs. Dolphags

JustInFudge

Henne didnt have that luxury. He had to make plays week in and week out b/c he didnt have the #1 defense to get his back or a healthy duo of RBs to pund away with (after Ronnie was hurt). Henne was throwing it 40-50 times a game trying to bring us back vs NE, Tennesee, and Houston, and he had some unlucky throws at the end of the Buffalo game. But if you think his play dropped off towards the end of the season then you werent paying attention. Gotta do more than read stat sheets sometimes my man.

Henningtology 101.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you suggesting that with the league's #1 defense he would've fared the same?

Save your breath HK. Dude is by far the biggest moron on the board, and very disrespectful. I started ignoring him weeks ago and he still chases me around trying to start convos. Kinda sad actually.

Save your breath HK. Dude is by far the biggest moron on the board, and very disrespectful. I started ignoring him weeks ago and he still chases me around trying to start convos. Kinda sad actually.

You ignored me because you had no valid response to my question.

:rl:

You come here to troll and you have the balls to call me "disrespectful?" :rl:

If I could do that, Id be a miracle worker. Downplay Marshall all you want, thats fine with me. But we've beaten the Jets 3 stright w/o him, so its really just icing on the cake.

Dont be upset because you guys think you landed an all world receiver when really you just added another possession guy and still have nobody to stretch the field.

Henne really, really didnt get worse as the season wore on. He was miles ahead of where he started by the end of the year. Just be/c he was losing by double digits and forced to make plays doesnt mean he was regressing. Just means he was put into more difficult situations.

Why do you refuse to admit that Henne got worse and Sanchez improved? Its really simple. Nobody is saying Sanchez turned into a probowler. He learned how to lead his team to victory. Henne learned how to choke away the playoffs and throw picks when it matter most. Sanchez did just the opposite. He learned how to NOT turn the ball over and do what his team needed him to do to win....something good QB's do.

And nobody is saying Henne is going to suck because of his bad play and the choke job at the end of the year. He's a baby too. I think he will be a good QB. He just didnt shine when it mattered the way Sanchez did. Its not hard logic to follow and I really dont care about what Sanchez had and Henne didnt. You judge QB wins. Sanchez was a winner last season, Henne was a loser. Who knows if that will change in the futre, but thats what it is now.

If I could do that, Id be a miracle worker. Downplay Marshall all you want, thats fine with me. But we've beaten the Jets 3 stright w/o him, so its really just icing on the cake.

You have some decent points. Marshall is a great pick-up overall, this is VERY true. The bottomline is this, Revis will contain him. Everyone knows this. Im going to just be truthful and not say things like "Revis will dominate" simply because I am a Jets fan. I think its very fair to say that Revis will certainly contain Marshall for 2 games.

Now, You guys beat us 3 times in a row. Cant take that away. The monday night game we couldnt stop the Wildcat and it opened up the pass. The last game we dominated you guys, but Ginn tore us a new one on special teams. We won that game in every area except on special teams which bit us in the end. The last game of the 08 season was pure emotion for the Fins and more importantly Chad, while Favre had a ripped muscle in his arm and the Jets refused to tell or sit him down because it would have looked like a horrible move that they made.

These are not excuses, these are simply the scenarios during those last 3 games.

Now, with that said I'll say this. Outside of Revis, what are you guys going to do with Cro? With Wilson? Our pass rushing is even better than last year and we were already #1 in the league on 3rd down efficiency. The big Jinx is back and Gholston is at his natrual position...not to mention that Pouha has become a very good DT in this league and will keep Jinx fresh...and Devito on the D-line will be problems as well. Our last game we seemed to have figured out your wildcat and you guys I dont even think broke 100 total yards in our last game played.

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Willams are a year older (both over 30) and you guys lost some key leadership during the off season. I'll def admit that I love the Dansby pick-up but really, what are you going to do with Cotch, Braylon, Holmes and Keller on the field at the same time (with the best O-line in the league)?

Dont forget about Greene as the running threat or LT as the Running/Catch threat too.

I wont say that you guys wont win atleast one game, but I seriously think we'll be sweeping you guys this year.

<3 you muffin top. <3 your avatar too.

Oh I agree. I think he's totally overrated and dont even have him in my top 10 WR's in the league list. He's in the 15-20 range for me. Not quite sure why Dolphag fans love him so much...especailly at the price he costs.

And I dont even think we need Revis to check him....I mean he will, but Cro has owned Marshall in most of their meetings. He's just a solid possession reciever nothing more nothing less. They basically traded for what they already have in Bess/Hartline/Camarillo....just 6x more expensive and 20x more the headache.

I had completely forgotten this...Cro knows Marshall well and should be able to pass on a little to info to the other db's...And I thought I was confident before?...

Brandon Marshall vs. San Diego Chargers, career #'s.

2007: 7 rec 72 yds/ 6 rec 75 yds

2008: 18 rec 166 yds 1 td/ 6 rec 55 yds

2009: 5 rec 49 yds/ 3 rec 26 yds

You were saying?

1 TD...all the rest means squat

Well #1, that thread is based on a "stacked" question. Holding Marshall under 35 yards I wouldnt say is impossible, but I wouldnt be suprised if he didnt. If Marshall had 60 yards then I'd still be fine with that. Many people look at him as a possessions receiver anyway. Also, they're not questioning if Revis would "contain" Marshall, they're basically asking if Revis will shut Marshall down. I personally think Revis will shut every WR down for the next 6 years....but thats just my opinion.

The most important thing here is that Revis does not allow TD's and he doesnt give up big plays. Thats all I care about.

You like Wilson based on what may I ask? We're not in Idaho any more Dorothy, he's never played a snap in his life and you guys are going to put him in the slot? Covering guys like Welker and Bess. Cant wait to see how that works out for you.

Injuries are a part of the game, no doubt about it. And if Ronnie and Ricky cant stay on the field then yeah, we'll be in trouble. But we have a QB who has shown he can carry the offense on his shoulders without much of a running game (or defense for that matter) so it wouldnt end our season.

Dont do that. Asking about why someone likes Wilson though he hasnt played a down in the league is a legit question. But to follow that up with him covering guys like Welker and "BESS" in the slot is a joke....like Bess is one of the best slot receivers in the league or something. Welker has put up stats in 1 year that Bess has put together his entire career for the Fins. Bess is not even the best route runner that you have on the team.

Wilson has the potential to be a shut down corner in one-on-one situations. Also, he's been true to form in OTA's. So far so good.

Please dont put Welker and Bess in the same sentence again. Thank you.

P.S. for the record, Bess in 2 games against the Jets last year totalled 36 yards on 7 catches and 0 scores, going against the likes of Coleman, Strictland, Lowery etc. Maybe you're right, I'd like to see how it would work out with Bess going against a Rookie CB that would be a #2 starter on many teams and a #1 on some others.

You have some decent points. Marshall is a great pick-up overall, this is VERY true. The bottomline is this, Revis will contain him. Everyone knows this. Im going to just be truthful and not say things like "Revis will dominate" simply because I am a Jets fan. I think its very fair to say that Revis will certainly contain Marshall for 2 games.

Now, You guys beat us 3 times in a row. Cant take that away. The monday night game we couldnt stop the Wildcat and it opened up the pass. The last game we dominated you guys, but Ginn tore us a new one on special teams. We won that game in every area except on special teams which bit us in the end. The last game of the 08 season was pure emotion for the Fins and more importantly Chad, while Favre had a ripped muscle in his arm and the Jets refused to tell or sit him down because it would have looked like a horrible move that they made.

These are not excuses, these are simply the scenarios during those last 3 games.

Now, with that said I'll say this. Outside of Revis, what are you guys going to do with Cro? With Wilson? Our pass rushing is even better than last year and we were already #1 in the league on 3rd down efficiency. The big Jinx is back and Gholston is at his natrual position...not to mention that Pouha has become a very good DT in this league and will keep Jinx fresh...and Devito on the D-line will be problems as well. Our last game we seemed to have figured out your wildcat and you guys I dont even think broke 100 total yards in our last game played.

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Willams are a year older (both over 30) and you guys lost some key leadership during the off season. I'll def admit that I love the Dansby pick-up but really, what are you going to do with Cotch, Braylon, Holmes and Keller on the field at the same time (with the best O-line in the league)?

Dont forget about Greene as the running threat or LT as the Running/Catch threat too.

I wont say that you guys wont win atleast one game, but I seriously think we'll be sweeping you guys this year.

FYI, Ronnie is only 27.

I honestly dont know why youre bragging about Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. One hasnt had a good year since 2007, and the other hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. You wont hear me bragging on Jared Odrick or Koa Misi, theyre just Rooks until they prove otherwise in my book. Vernon Gholston doesnt keep me up at night either. Is he playing the 5 technique? Or is he only coming in on 3rd down/nickel situations to play the 7? Pouha is a beast. Jinx I dunno, whats the word on him? Last I heard he was a doughnut under 400 lbs.

Holmes wont be there in Week 3. And it doesnt matter how many good WRs you have unless you have a QB who can read defense, go through progressions and make good decisions. Last I checked, the Jets didnt have that. Maybe Sanchez moprhs into a good QB between January and September, but he was horrible last year, its a tremendous credit to the rest of your team and coaching staff that they were able to win games with MS at QB.

I like your OL alot. I like ours better though. We have better tackles and better depth. You guys stayed healthy at OL last year, maybe it happens again maybe it doesnt, no way to tell. I like Greene at RB but dont expect him to go bull dozing his way through an entire season. I already saw him get hurt twice last year. If he tries that Hercules act for a full season he wont make it to the bye week. And if he gets hurt, you guys have nothing behind him. LT (any RB) will run well if he has gaping holes, but when you play us, NE, Baltimore, Pitt, Cincy, GB, i.e. good teams, he's gonna run to the line of scrimmage and look for some place to fall. You'll see.

Dont do that. Asking about why someone likes Wilson though he hasnt played a down in the league is a legit question. But to follow that up with him covering guys like Welker and "BESS" in the slot is a joke....like Bess is one of the best slot receivers in the league or something. Welker has put up stats in 1 year that Bess has put together his entire career for the Fins. Bess is not even the best route runner that you have on the team.

Wilson has the potential to be a shut down corner in one-on-one situations. Also, he's been true to form in OTA's. So far so good.

Please dont put Welker and Bess in the same sentence again. Thank you.

P.S. for the record, Bess in 2 games against the Jets last year totalled 36 yards on 7 catches and 0 scores, going against the likes of Coleman, Strictland, Lowery etc. Maybe you're right, I'd like to see how it would work out with Bess going against a Rookie CB that would be a #2 starter on many teams and a #1 on some others.

Ive seen every game that Welker and Bess have ever played in and IMO the biggest difference between them is that Welker has Moss drawing doubles and an excellent QB to work with. Welker is also alot tougher and willing to take punishment after the catch, he also doesnt fumble like Bess does. But the biggest difference is scheme and supporting cast. Before Welker went to NE he was in Miami putting up similar numbers to what Bess is putting up now. Both are short, quick huys who were undrafted out of spread offense college teams. Theyre alot more alike, skill set wise, than you think. With Marshall on the field, Bess will have alot more room to work underneath. Now, he wont be catching 100 balls b/c thats just not what we do here, but Bess will still be a very tough cover in the slot.

Well #1, that thread is based on a "stacked" question. Holding Marshall under 35 yards I wouldnt say is impossible, but I wouldnt be suprised if he didnt. If Marshall had 60 yards then I'd still be fine with that. Many people look at him as a possessions receiver anyway. Also, they're not questioning if Revis would "contain" Marshall, they're basically asking if Revis will shut Marshall down. I personally think Revis will shut every WR down for the next 6 years....but thats just my opinion.

The most important thing here is that Revis does not allow TD's and he doesnt give up big plays. Thats all I care about.

I bet you were pissed when this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPtJF-IgPc

Sorry, had to do it.

FYI, Ronnie is only 27.

I honestly dont know why youre bragging about Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. One hasnt had a good year since 2007, and the other hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. You wont hear me bragging on Jared Odrick or Koa Misi, theyre just Rooks until they prove otherwise in my book. Vernon Gholston doesnt keep me up at night either. Is he playing the 5 technique? Or is he only coming in on 3rd down/nickel situations to play the 7? Pouha is a beast. Jinx I dunno, whats the word on him? Last I heard he was a doughnut under 400 lbs.

Holmes wont be there in Week 3. And it doesnt matter how many good WRs you have unless you have a QB who can read defense, go through progressions and make good decisions. Last I checked, the Jets didnt have that. Maybe Sanchez moprhs into a good QB between January and September, but he was horrible last year, its a tremendous credit to the rest of your team and coaching staff that they were able to win games with MS at QB.

I like your OL alot. I like ours better though. We have better tackles and better depth. You guys stayed healthy at OL last year, maybe it happens again maybe it doesnt, no way to tell. I like Greene at RB but dont expect him to go bull dozing his way through an entire season. I already saw him get hurt twice last year. If he tries that Hercules act for a full season he wont make it to the bye week. And if he gets hurt, you guys have nothing behind him. LT (any RB) will run well if he has gaping holes, but when you play us, NE, Baltimore, Pitt, Cincy, GB, i.e. good teams, he's gonna run to the line of scrimmage and look for some place to fall. You'll see.

Pardon my incorrect statement with Browns age, He's 27 but his body is about 33. Dude cant play a full season. In his 5 year career he's only been healthy 1 year, and in that year he didnt even start all 16 games...and in 2 of those 5 years he's played 9 games or less in a season. I cant front though, when he's on the field he's pretty good....WHEN HE'S ON THE FIELD. Truth be told, I dont recall a "dominate" game that Brown has had against the Jets. Not saying he hasnt had one, but if he had one it certainly wasnt in recent memory.

As for Cromartie, Yes, he hasnt had a dominate year since 07, but he wasnt able to play to his abilities because he was playing "zone" coverage. Thats not his thing. He's in a situation where not only is he playing man-to-man but he's on a team with a legit front 7 that will get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly which will give him the best chances of dominating his opponent in the first 4 seconds.

As for bragging about Wilson, I guess to each his own. Dude has talent and he's showing it in practice so far. Granted, I could be a bit outspoken about Wilson but Odrick is looking like a bust to me, not because he's a Fin. I said that before the draft. I just didnt like him. Nothing impressive I seen from him at Penn State.

Yeah, Jinx is a donut under 400LBS, just like he is every year. Bottomline is that in week 1 he usually states his claim as being the best DT in the league though people love to talk about Haynesworth and Wilfork. It is what it is homie.

Holmes wont be there for week 3 yes, but we play you guys twice. He'll be there for the second game which serves my statement with some relevance. What are you guys going to do with Holmes on the field as another deep threat across from Braylon and Cotch as the "surehands" slot receiver and Keller as the TE that can blow pass any one of your LB's? I think its a good question IMO.

You can like your OL better, thats cool...but stats wise we have the best unit in the league and Faneca was our worst lineman. Actually he was a major reason why we lost to you guys in that second game. If he would have played Starks then Sanchez had a shot at the endzone at the end of that game.

Speaking of Sanchez, you can say that he was terrible last year (though he wasnt...he was streaky) thats cool. Bottomline is that he played his best football IN January....when it counts. Where was Henne?

The only thing that Sanchez does not have over Henne is a cannon for an arm. Outside of that we'll see come week 3.

You ignored me because you had no valid response to my question.

:rl:

You come here to troll and you have the balls to call me "disrespectful?" :rl:

Nah dude he ignored you because you're an idiot. Most of the people you consider trolls are simply here to discuss football.

The Patriots are still and will be the main rivals for the Jets this season in the AFC East. The Dolphins will not be great IMO, their defense is very average.

AFC East this season:

Jets 12-4

Pats 11-5

Dolphins 7-9

Bills lol

I dont believe that. I think the Pats are done. Their Defense sucks and Brady doesnt seem to be the Brady of old. Moss is a year older and Welker is never going to be the same. Their running game isnt there though they have a very good O'line. I said it before and I'll say it again, I wont be suprised if the Pats are in 3rd place in the division and gets owned by the Jets, Fins, Colts this year.

Pardon my incorrect statement with Browns age, He's 27 but his body is about 33. Dude cant play a full season. In his 5 year career he's only been healthy 1 year, and in that year he didnt even start all 16 games...and in 2 of those 5 years he's played 9 games or less in a season. I cant front though, when he's on the field he's pretty good....WHEN HE'S ON THE FIELD. Truth be told, I dont recall a "dominate" game that Brown has had against the Jets. Not saying he hasnt had one, but if he had one it certainly wasnt in recent memory.

As for Cromartie, Yes, he hasnt had a dominate year since 07, but he wasnt playing to his abilities either. He's not in a situation where not only is he playing man-to-man but he's on a team with a legit front 7 that will get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly which will give him the best chances of dominating his opponent in the first 4 seconds.

As for bragging about Wilson, I guess to each his own. Dude has talent and he's showing it in practice so far. Granted, I could be a bit outspoken about Wilson but Odrick is looking like a bust to me, not because he's a Fin. I said that before the draft. I just didnt like him. Nothing impressive I seen from him at Penn State.

Yeah, Jinx is a donut under 400LBS, just like he is every year. Bottomline is that in week 1 he usually states his claim as being the best DT in the league though people love to talk about Haynesworth and Wilfork. It is what it is homie.

Holmes wont be there for week 3 yes, but we play you guys twice. He'll be there for the second game which serves my statement with some relevance. What are you guys going to do with Holmes on the field as another deep threat across from Braylon and Cotch as the "surehands" slot receiver and Keller as the TE that can blow pass any one of your LB's? I think its a good question IMO.

You can like your OL better, thats cool...but stats wise we have the best unit in the league and Faneca was our worst lineman. Actually he was the reason why we lost to you guys in that second game. If he would have played Starks then Sanchez had a shot at the endzone.

Speaking of Sanchez, you can say that he was terrible last year (though he wasnt...he was streaky) thats cool. Bottomline is that he played his best football IN January....when it counts. Where was Henne?

The only thing that Sanchez does not have over Henne is a cannon for an arm. Outside of that we'll see come week 3.

As usual I agree with most of what you said. Things I disagree with and really arn't measurable is that Ronnie is 27 but has a 33 Year old body. I see what you're trying to say but if you look at his last to injury's one he had it foot rolled over and broke a bone the previous injury he was trying to make a tackle after our QB threw an INT and was hit from behind knee level.

Also the Cromartie comments. At first you hit it on the head when you said "he hasnt had a dominate year since 07". then you go on to say, and here is where we disagree "but he wasn't playing to his abilities either". That lame ass argument could be made against most people in the league. Seeing as how he only had one truly good year it would be even more correct to say that 2007 was more of an aberation than a true assessment of his abilities.

I bet you were pissed when this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPtJF-IgPc

Sorry, had to do it.

He's not perfect, just the best in the NFL.

Opposing QB's had a collective passer rating of 32.3 when throwing at Revis last year. No other starting CB comes even close to that (I believe Woodson was next at around a 55), and that's with Revis on the opposition's #1 WR 90% of the time.

Brandon Marshall will be just another punk'd WR lining up opposite Revis, like Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Steve Smith, Roddy White, etc.

Dont be upset because you guys think you landed an all world receiver when really you just added another possession guy and still have nobody to stretch the field.

Do you gave a quote of anyone saying Marshall is all world? Do you have a list of WRs who caught 100 balls 3 times in thier first 4 years?

Why do you refuse to admit that Henne got worse and Sanchez improved? Its really simple. Nobody is saying Sanchez turned into a probowler. He learned how to lead his team to victory. Henne learned how to choke away the playoffs and throw picks when it matter most. Sanchez did just the opposite. He learned how to NOT turn the ball over and do what his team needed him to do to win....something good QB's do.

Take the goggles off dude. The Bengals and Colts laid down for you, and you got into the playoffs. But instead of taking your good fortune and running with it, youre up here pounding your chest talking about how Sanchez improved and was clutch and didnt throw picks etc. C'mon man.

I can tell you didnt watch any of the Henne games youre referring to. We're down 24-6 to Tennessee and Henne leads a comeback to force OT. Yeah he threw a pick in OT, three for the game, but closing an 18 point gap with the set of WRs he had, ON THE ROAD, is far from choking. Vs Houston we're down 27-3 and Henne leads 3 scoring drives in a losing effort 27-20. Vs Pittsburgh, Henne was pulled after the 2nd Qtr. All of those teams were still fighting for the playoffs, none of them laid down and allowed us to win. But hey, if you wanna wear the green goggles, wear em. But dont say Henne choked. Its just factually inacurrate.

And nobody is saying Henne is going to suck because of his bad play and the choke job at the end of the year. He's a baby too. I think he will be a good QB. He just didnt shine when it mattered the way Sanchez did. Its not hard logic to follow and I really dont care about what Sanchez had and Henne didnt. You judge QB wins. Sanchez was a winner last season, Henne was a loser. Who knows if that will change in the futre, but thats what it is now.

Im still waiting to see the games where Sanchez "shined". His best three games were probably the first three games of the season. He never played that well for the rest of the year. At the end of the season, I keep hearing. A 10-7 loss to Atlanta. The two scrimmages vs Indy and Cincy. He had a good game in the wild card round, 15 passes total. Nothing shiny about that. Threw for 100 yds vs San Diego, on 23 att, with a TD and a pick. Not shining. AFCCG? He had a decent 1st half, made some plays, but when the pressure was on, when the Colts were coming back and taking the lead, and NY needed a score or two, what'd Sanchez give you? Nothing. Not shiny at all.

I love the way Jets fans have made up this fantasy of Sanchez the clutch QB playoff performer. Its hilarious. Truth is, your defense and running game carried you, Sanchez was just along for the ride. It wasnt until Sanchez got out of the way and stopped losing games that the Jets started winning. The coaches had to make a color coded system to tell him when he could throw passes into coverage lol. Theyre not doing that b/c he was playing better, or "shining". But go ahead, think what you want. Reality check time = September.

Feel free to dumb things down as much as you need to in order to understand. Or at least gain your approximation of understanding ;).

Seriously dude, when you first game on this Jets forum, it was fun. Now, you're getting this typical dolphin attitude that your team is better then it actually is.

You're arguing with Jets fans about their team that came one game from going to a SB and your team hasn't won a playoff game since 2000. If you hadn't beat us last year, this would be even a bigger joke. Looking at the improvements over the past offseason, do you really think your team has made more strides then the Jets have? Let's get real here, okay?

And you know damn well if Henne was the one that took your team to the AFC Championship game, you would be having wet dreams all day long...guess what team went to the AFC Championship last year with a rookie? That same rookie who you think is a POS and he's only going to get even better...take it to the bank. So please, go argue with a Bills fan...they're more in your league.

Nah dude he ignored you because you're an idiot. Most of the people you consider trolls are simply here to discuss football.

No. And the fact that no one but you is coming to his defense backs me up.

The dude makes no legitimate points whatsoever. The only thread he's started is a total troll thread.

Hardcore is a good dude, CJ has a hell of a sense of humor, Garb is fun to talk smack with, Gainzo and Alk are good posters who know their stuff.

GMJohnson? Worthless troll.

I dont believe that. I think the Pats are done. Their Defense sucks and Brady doesnt seem to be the Brady of old. Moss is a year older and Welker is never going to be the same. Their running game isnt there though they have a very good O'line. I said it before and I'll say it again, I wont be suprised if the Pats are in 3rd place in the division and gets owned by the Jets, Fins, Colts this year.

Nah, can't see it to be honest. At the danger of sounding too much like 124 I just can't see them falling into mediocrity as long as Brady is there. He wasn't great last year but he was just coming back, I'd expect him to get better this year.

A lot does depend on Welker though.

As usual I agree with most of what you said. Things I disagree with and really arn't measurable is that Ronnie is 27 but has a 33 Year old body. I see what you're trying to say but if you look at his last to injury's one he had it foot rolled over and broke a bone the previous injury he was trying to make a tackle after our QB threw an INT and was hit from behind knee level.

Also the Cromartie comments. At first you hit it on the head when you said "he hasnt had a dominate year since 07". then you go on to say, and here is where we disagree "but he wasn't playing to his abilities either". That lame ass argument could be made against most people in the league. Seeing as how he only had one truly good year it would be even more correct to say that 2007 was more of an aberation than a true assessment of his abilities.

You always speak with sense so I never mind conversing with you. To speak on Brown, I understand "how" he got injured....but the bottomline is that Brown never can complete a season. This is just the truth. Given that you watch more Fin games than me you'll understand the specific nature of the injury of course, but at the end of the day he doesnt play 16 games thats all im saying.

As for Cro, while you were writing back I actually reworded what I meant. Its not that he doesnt play to his abilities, its that he was put in a defense that didnt "compliment" his abilities. He was a man-to-man CB in 07. On top of the fact that Shawne Merriman was destroying the line of scrimmage in 07 as well. Last year the Chargers was a very passive Zone defense which I dont understand when you have Jammer and Cro on your edges.

If I see a person having success in 1 type of defense and difficulties in another type then that would tell me that his abilities are geared to that original defense...which is what the Jets play. Your argument I could see, but it was built off the fact that I misworded what I wanted to say. The defense wasnt able to take advantage of his natrual ability to cover a Wide Receiver. Zone isnt his strength.

The Jets will play man on you guys 99% of the time. Cro will be fine on your #2 WR. Oh, and to to mention that against Cro and the Chargers Marshall had only 1 TD in his career. If thats' your #1 then Cro should certainly be fine on your #2.

The Bengals laid down for you, and you got into the playoffs.

The Colts did, yes. But this? Well this makes me agree with Klecko.

Also, we proved we were a legitimate force in the playoffs. What's the point in goin if you're just going to get humiliated on National TV, like that team Baltimore killed two seasons ago...Who were they again?

Nah, can't see it to be honest. At the danger of sounding too much like 124 I just can't see them falling into mediocrity as long as Brady is there. He wasn't great last year but he was just coming back, I'd expect him to get better this year.

A lot does depend on Welker though.

Thats the key. Brady got away with alot having Moss run deep and Welker being the best route runner in the league. Moss isnt the same and neither is Welker. Brady doesnt srike fear into people as he used to either. Look how he got manhandled in the playoffs. You think teams werent watching that? I bet the Colts, Jets, Fins, Bills and Steelers were.

Yeah Ive heard all kinds of excuses for Cromartie. It was the zone scheme is the most popular though. How about dude just lost interest in being a good player? How about in 2007 Shawne Merriman and Shawn Phillips were terrorizing the QB and forcing bad/quick throws, and neither has been the same since. I dont know if he'll play better in NY, part of me thinks he will b/c of the pressure NY can generate. Part of me says no b/c if he wasnt a bum SD wouldnt have given him away. Like everything else, we wont find out till September.

Take the goggles off dude. The Bengals and Colts laid down for you, and you got into the playoffs. But instead of taking your good fortune and running with it, youre up here pounding your chest talking about how Sanchez improved and was clutch and didnt throw picks etc. C'mon man.

The Colts laid down. The Bengals came to play, got punched in the mouth hard, then laid down. Big difference.

Jets went into Cincy the following week, and Sanchez was 12 for 15 for 182 yards and a TD in his first playoff game as a pro. Led the team to 17 straight points the following week to beat the Chargers on the road. Threw for 257 yards and 2 TD's in the AFC Championship, also on the road. Played pretty damn good in the post season I'd say. Especially for a rookie who only started one full season in college.

We can compare Henne's post season performances as soon as he has one.

Yeah Ive heard all kinds of excuses for Cromartie. It was the zone scheme is the most popular though. How about dude just lost interest in being a good player? How about in 2007 Shawne Merriman and Shawn Phillips were terrorizing the QB and forcing bad/quick throws, and neither has been the same since. I dont know if he'll play better in NY, part of me thinks he will b/c of the pressure NY can generate. Part of me says no b/c if he wasnt a bum SD wouldnt have given him away. Like everything else, we wont find out till September.

You're exactly right. This is EXACTLY what I stated in my comment. I stated that with Cro being back in man to man and him being on one of the best pass rushing teams in the league what is THAT going to equate to?

You know the answer....you just said it yourself. Its not about him wanting to just be a "good" player. This is a team sport. If the pass rush can get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly it is a fact that Cro has had success in situations like that.

What do the Jets do? I like Landshark because he's realistic....you my friend are going to get your feelings hurt come week 3 thats all I got to say.

Archived