PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I really wish we had lynched him. I'm curious what would've happenned to those items if we had

ORLY?

Runin was at L-1 and you never came close to hammering him. Instead, you told Smash to do it:

mghas well hammer him you stooge

Six minutes after your post, Smash said:

Why dont you hammer him ?

You never responded to that. JVOR unvoted Runin 20 minutes later and you never voted for Smash.

Then after Runin's reveal, you write:

I think we should lynch smash with a quickness and stop discussing till morning..

anyone strongly buying this claim, if true, is going to be perceived to have a similiar power

if he's lying, anyone strongly doubting it will be perceived to be a power role..

Now you're going to play the "we should have lynched Runin" role, when you purposely stood on the sidelines when that happened?

That's shady, CTM.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Current Vote Count:

Smash (10) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, CTM, Nae, SMC, PAC, Hess

Brett (1) - Adella

Lily (4) - Dan, JVoR, Barm, Slats

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

Hess (1) - Sharrow

NOT VOTING: LILY, CRUSHER

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

THE MOD WILL NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY THAT I28 IS UNDER CRUSHER'S BED.

Current Vote Count:

Runin (11) - Shutout, I28, Barm, Pac, SMC, Sharrow, Nae, Crusher, Hess, JVoR, JiF

Smash (8) - Vic, Brett, AVM, BG, CTM, Slats, Lily, Dan

Brett (1) - Adella

Lily (1) - Smash

Dan (1) - Runin

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 0:55:19

Looking back at the quick jump from Smash to Runin, it was a pretty drastic move. Seeing as how both we're innocent, it makes less sense for scum to be one of the early ones moving around but a whole lot more sense for them to move late as a sure lynch on an innocent was a superior outcome to a random lynch to them.

In my mind, that makes the last 3 movers: Hess, JVoR, JiF as prime candidates for predators. I'm going to specifically look at jiff since he was fixed on Smash's bandwagon for a long time, only to move late in the game to help put Runin over the top. I also think hess is a good choice since he seemingly liked the idea of either, but nobody seemed to interested in pressuing him yesterday

vote Jif

I'm caught up but going to bed. I closed tonite and have to be back at 6 am. I agree that it looks like Runin was a vig/sk and took a shot at Vic. Bad news that the predators got the gun and helmet.. hopefully the gun was a one time shot.

ORLY?

Runin was at L-1 and you never came close to hammering him. Instead, you told Smash to do it:

Six minutes after your post, Smash said:

You never responded to that. JVOR unvoted Runin 20 minutes later and you never voted for Smash.

Then after Runin's reveal, you write:

Now you're going to play the "we should have lynched Runin" role, when you purposely stood on the sidelines when that happened?

That's shady, CTM.

Yeah, except you're forgetting the part that 3 of those posts were before runin's claim (and you also left out numerous posts where i said I'd rather lynch smash)

And the last post was prior to the confirmation of a predator picking up runin's **** and walking away with it.

Not trivial details, counselor

Yeah, except you're forgetting the part that 3 of those posts were before runin's claim (and you also left out numerous posts where i said I'd rather lynch smash)

And the last post was prior to the confirmation of a predator picking up runin's **** and walking away with it.

Not trivial details, counselor

So, you're saying you were being a pure Monday Morning' Quarterback?

Because it didn't come off that way. How are you going to say you wished we had done something when you did nothing to have that thing happen?

So, you're saying you were being a pure Monday Morning' Quarterback?

Absolutely. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Because it didn't come off that way. How are you going to say you wished we had done something when you did nothing to have that thing happen?

There's hundreds of things I wish i didn't do that I did. It's a fairly common saying with a fairly understood meaning. For instance, Just ths mornign I woke up wishing I didn't have that last drink. the fact that i had it anyway, doesn't preclude me from thinking i shouldn't of..

Ok so looking at Vics death Predator clearly was NOT mentioned. Ive changed my mind on 2 scum teams as it's more likely a SK or incredibly dumb Vig.

The night wind blows softly as insects you are not used to, frogs and nightbirds, all fill the air with strange sounds.

The camp is quiet, but no one is really sleeping. Half of you are on watch, the other half waiting, listening, and dreading the attack you know is coming. But when it does, it's not from where you expect.

From the center of camp, a tri-laser shoots out into the night, swings around, and lands on Vic. A flash instsntly blinds anybody looking, and an explosion rocks the tree Vic was sitting in. Vic is on the ground, writhing in the dirt until he pushes himself up and screams...

"What the f..."

A soft whir fills the air, and a blade star is suddenly protruding from Vic's forehead.

A SHOULDER CANNON TOOK A SHOT A VIC, AND MISSED.

A BLADE-STAR WAS THROWN AT VIC, AND DIDN'T.

VIC, A ROLELESS TOWNIE, HAS BEEN KILLED.

Now what's interesting is if we're supposed to be looking for clues in the scenes look who picks up the Blade Star that missed Shutout on the 2nd kill attempt. Could it be the same one that was used to kill Vic?

Knowing that Shutout will be looking for tri-lasers, this new Predator unslings a different weapon. It holds it up and presses a hidden button along it's side...

l_94e139495fde7839bcf885b891ed3784.gif

The Predator studies the tips of the blades as they glint in the afternoon light. Then it begins to stalk.

Moving through the trees, perfectly camoflaged, it begins to pick up speed. Almost soundlessly, it moves from limb to limb, tree to tree, and as it makes a great leap across open sky, it slings the bladestar at Shutout's head...

But Shutout's reflexes are razor sharp, and the second that the whisping sound fills the air, he hits the ground. Sparks fly as something ricochets off of the boulder behind him, and he looks in the direction that it came from...but there is only hazy sky.

Holy s**t..."

Adella holds up the ruined weapon, and even though it will never be used again, it still looks deadly. She looks at Shutout. Everyone looks at Shutout. A bead of sweat rolls down his forehead and falls onto the ground below.

A DIFFERENT PREDATOR HAS TRIED TO KILL SHUTOUT, AND MISSED.

The only thing is DPR says it will "never be used again". If we take that literally then maybe this is just coincidence but if not it makes Adella look quite shady.

Ok so looking at Vics death Predator clearly was NOT mentioned. Ive changed my mind on 2 scum teams as it's more likely a SK or incredibly dumb Vig.

Now what's interesting is if we're supposed to be looking for clues in the scenes look who picks up the Blade Star that missed Shutout on the 2nd kill attempt. Could it be the same one that was used to kill Vic?

The only thing is DPR says it will "never be used again". If we take that literally then maybe this is just coincidence but if not it makes Adella look quite shady.

I thought we had decided that the name dropping in scenes was flavor, unless he states that someone did an action. That's what DPR said. Nice FOS tho. I would accept it's what you really thought if you had brought that up when the scene with my name in it was actually posted.

I have been keeping up once I realized night was over already. I don't have much to say but I think I will in the morning. It's been a long, intense day. I'm going to chill. See ya tomorrow.

Same deal for me today as yesterday, don't know if I'll be able to get to a computer until this afternoon. I'm not only surprised the day started, but that there's been so much activity. :coff:

The fact that two shots missed shutout yesterday, and one missed and hit on Runin today suggests that they're more than just flavor as I originally thought. Had to be a SK/vig shot on Vic. Two attempts on him with two different weapons might suggest both. The Vig probably would've shot with the shoulder cannon (townie weapon), the blade-star could've been a SK.

Looks like we lost the helmet/mask, but I'm not sure that Runin's shoulder cannon isn't anything more than flavor. Aren't we all "soldiers"? Wouldn't we all have weapons in the story line? I also read the Predator wiki, and found that in the first movie, Arnold figured out that the Predators only killed people who were armed. So I think for the purposes of the game, all townies have weapons - making us all susceptible to being killed.

I'm also leaning one Predator scum team. There was only one night kill attempt by a Predator, and DPR told us that all Predators were mafia. There would've been two Predator attempts at night if there were competing Predator teams, no?

As for the Day Kills, so far they've hit once in four attempts, so I'd guess that their percentages on those tries are closer to 25% than 50%. We only had two attempts all of D1, and already had that D2, so I'd have to think we're done on that front.

I thought we had decided that the name dropping in scenes was flavor, unless he states that someone did an action. That's what DPR said. Nice FOS tho. I would accept it's what you really thought if you had brought that up when the scene with my name in it was actually posted.

Is this the part where you tell me you've been playing since I was a twinkle in my Pappy's eye? Silly me for trying to go find clues. I guess I'll wait for your instructions on how I should be playing.

Looking back at the quick jump from Smash to Runin, it was a pretty drastic move. Seeing as how both we're innocent, it makes less sense for scum to be one of the early ones moving around but a whole lot more sense for them to move late as a sure lynch on an innocent was a superior outcome to a random lynch to them.

In my mind, that makes the last 3 movers: Hess, JVoR, JiF as prime candidates for predators. I'm going to specifically look at jiff since he was fixed on Smash's bandwagon for a long time, only to move late in the game to help put Runin over the top. I also think hess is a good choice since he seemingly liked the idea of either, but nobody seemed to interested in pressuing him yesterday

vote Jif

Given what information I had my move made sense. 1) At the time of my vote I had no idea about Smash or Runin's roles. 2) At the time of my unvote one had a potential role and the other one claimed roleless.

It isn't rocket science. I did what I had to do because I thought it was beneficial to the town. It's not like I had a magic crystal ball to tell me that not lynching runin may have been the bad play when in a normal game the right play is obviously smash.

I too noticed the Predator took the item off of Runin. Anyone think its possible we as town are humans stuck between teams of Predators who are trying to kill us off and get their stuff back to kill the other predators?

This. I have a feeling there a couple of different games going on within the game. Predators may be in their own battle, trying to collect trophies fighting to see who can collect their gear first. There is also, possibly a third party with a seperate win condition. I've felt from the start that maybe some of us are just pawns so to speak. And that we as a group could be considered as survivors.

This. I have a feeling there a couple of different games going on within the game. Predators may be in their own battle, trying to collect trophies fighting to see who can collect their gear first. There is also, possibly a third party with a seperate win condition. I've felt from the start that maybe some of us are just pawns so to speak. And that we as a group could be considered as survivors.

...it would make sense that they know each other but I don't think they are looking to kill each other...but that they are racing to find their gear with kills as trophies, maybe in smaller groups.

Blood streaks one of the team-member's pants from where they wiped the blade-star clean. Pulling the weapon out of Vic's head was harder than they imagined it would be, and the sucking noise as the blades came free was something that they knew that they would hear over and over again. In their nightmares...

But that turns out to be just the beginning of the nightmares that will be spawned on this day.

There is a an audible gasp ahead, and team members scramble to take defensive positions. But you are not under attack. It's worse...

Hanging from vines above the trail, the bodies of Smash, Vic, and Runin are hung upside down. Their arms dangle lifelessly, and at first sight you think that they are covered in blood. Then you realize that they have been skinned.

"They left them here. They left them for us to find."

An uncomfortable silence follows. The heat is rising. An insect stings your neck...

Wrong.

Runnin shoots

We already know Predators attack with Blade Stars and it was mentioned earlier about tri-lasers locking onto Vic.

Wrong.

Runnin shoots

We already know Predators attack with Blade Stars and it was mentioned earlier about tri-lasers locking onto Vic.

What?

Blood streaks one of the team-member's pants from where they wiped the blade-star clean. Pulling the weapon out of Vic's head was harder than they imagined it would be, and the sucking noise as the blades came free was something that they knew that they would hear over and over again. In their nightmares...

But that turns out to be just the beginning of the nightmares that will be spawned on this day.

There is a an audible gasp ahead, and team members scramble to take defensive positions. But you are not under attack. It's worse...

Hanging from vines above the trail, the bodies of Smash, Vic, and Runin are hung upside down. Their arms dangle lifelessly, and at first sight you think that they are covered in blood. Then you realize that they have been skinned.

An uncomfortable silence follows. The heat is rising. An insect stings your neck...

Why are ALL 3 showing up as Predator kills? Smash was lynched.

Current Vote Count:

I28 (1) - jiF

JiF (1) - CTM

With 19 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

*Game days will now have a 72 hour deadline. Day 2 will end Thursday night at 10 pm, EST

No need to be confused. Brett made a comment that didnt make sense...but I'd like to try the wifom created on you from Runin.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Runin became an inevitable target for the scum the minute he revealed that he was rockin' the mask and might be the "finder." How long did you expect scum to let him stay in the game with that ability?

But, if you think there's more to it then by all means... Do your thing. With as aggressive as I have been, I'm sure scum knew this would be an additional benefit to killing Runin.

I'll be looking more closely at some of the votes that bounced to Runin's train all of a sudden, those seemed opportunistic... me, admittedly I was just wrong.

Wrong.

Runnin shoots

Dude.

DPR has established that if Vic (or anyone else) is killed by a Predator, it will say, "A PREDATOR HAS KILLED VIC, A ROLELESS TOWNIE" or something to that effect... in other words, he tells us flat out if a predator did the killing/attacking or not.

Its not a mystery, Vic was NOT killed by a Predator, imo.

Predator took the canon off of Runin when he was killed. The blade and the fact that tri lasers were on Vic would have me think a Predator killed him, no? Plus look at this last write up.

Sorry Hess this does not compute.

The last write up adds credibility to the theory that a SK (human) killed Vic. Unless you think this describles how a Predator would react to killing:

"Pulling the weapon out of Vic's head was harder than they imagined it would be, and the sucking noise as the blades came free was something that they knew that they would hear over and over again. In their nightmares"

This describes human reaction... Our SK is a traitor... probably looking to bring back a Predator alive ala Paul Reiser in Aliens.

Wrong.

Runnin shoots

I think you're wrong.

DPR has been very descriptive with these scenes. Very helpful to the town, IMHO. I've never been in a game where the scum's misses were chronicled like this. He clearly states that Runin was killed by a Predator. Why would he leave out that Vic was killed by a Predator, too, if that was the case?

I'm wondering if the person pulling this out of Vic's head is the same person who threw it in the first place. Or maybe someone new now has a weapon they can throw tomorrow night?

I'm also confused by this. Vic aside, Smash was obviously killed by the town. Why would the Predators skin someone they didn't kill for us to find?

Things have certainly gotten very interesting around here. I agree with the idea that Vic's killer was not a Predator. The fact is that on more than one occasion DPR has not only specifically mentioned that a Predator was responsible for an attack / kill, but specifically gone back to add that fact in when it was originally excluded. Yet at no point was ANY mention of a Predator being responsible for either attack on Vic.

That said, with the two attacks on shutout yesterday and him surviving the whole day and night (which eliminates any question of flavor and confirms them as a separate attacks as far as I'm concerned) and the same again with Runin today, I am thinking that Vic was definitely attacked twice in the night phase, and that was not flavor. My current line of thinking on that is it was both a vig and SK, but with the multiple Predator daytime kill attempts make it possible we're looking at a SK/Vig with two kill attempts (with a % success on each).

It also seems clear the Predator's knew something more than we did about the armor/weapons considering they went full force after Runin once they knew he was carrying something, which should pretty much confirm what some people said yesterday about seriously needing to keep that information to ourselves. It may seem useless if you can't use it, but I think it's safe to assume that's the better alternative than it ending up in scum hands.

I think you're wrong.

DPR has been very descriptive with these scenes. Very helpful to the town, IMHO. I've never been in a game where the scum's misses were chronicled like this. He clearly states that Runin was killed by a Predator. Why would he leave out that Vic was killed by a Predator, too, if that was the case?

DPR didn't leave it out, that's a given if you ask me, because he went back and edited the post to add it in for the part about Runin.

I'm wondering if the person pulling this out of Vic's head is the same person who threw it in the first place. Or maybe someone new now has a weapon they can throw tomorrow night?

A rotating vigilante? What a **** show indeed.

I'm also confused by this. Vic aside, Smash was obviously killed by the town. Why would the Predators skin someone they didn't kill for us to find?

I'm guessing flavor.

Sorry Hess this does not compute.

The last write up adds credibility to the theory that a SK (human) killed Vic. Unless you think this describles how a Predator would react to killing:

"Pulling the weapon out of Vic's head was harder than they imagined it would be, and the sucking noise as the blades came free was something that they knew that they would hear over and over again. In their nightmares"

This describes human reaction... Our SK is a traitor... probably looking to bring back a Predator alive ala Paul Reiser in Aliens.

Not sure what the bolded has to do with anything. Never said Predators pulled the blade out. But yeah, I read tri-laser locking onto Vic and him being killed by a blade star. I get that now he was killed by a SK or a 3rd party who had one. But I still don't get why tri-lasers were on him too.

Not sure what the bolded has to do with anything. Never said Predators pulled the blade out. But yeah, I read tri-laser locking onto Vic and him being killed by a blade star. I get that now he was killed by a SK or a 3rd party who had one. But I still don't get why tri-lasers were on him too.

Tri-lasers are the aiming device for the shoulder cannon. Like a laser site.

I'll be looking more closely at some of the votes that bounced to Runin's train all of a sudden, those seemed opportunistic... me, admittedly I was just wrong.

I'd look more closely at the people who jumped right off after the reveal, I'm certain the predetors knew that NK'ing him would be better then lynching on account of recovering those weopens..

gotta go back and look at the timing of that..

Tri-lasers are the aiming device for the shoulder cannon. Like a laser site.

Meh, than tri-laser you to the head.

I've read this scene a couple of times now. There's a lot to digest but I haven't seen anyone bring up that there were two shoulder cannon that fired. So somebody else took a shot and missed at something as well.

A different shoulder cannon fires, but the aim is skewed by the green laser, and the explosion bursts out of the earth just to the side of Runin. He is launcehd into the air, but lands with only cuts and bruises

fwiw.. jvor was the first to quickly unvote, followed by smash.. Unfortunately with the time situation, this isn't too damning.. I wish we had more time to kick this around. It's clear predators would've pushed hard to let runin live post reveal..

Archived