I am not getting the SOJ vibe

Maxman

I just don't feel the same old Jets thing with this team. EVERYTHING smells of not the same old Jets to me. I think most people agree with me but there are some hold outs.

There are definitely always hold outs when it comes to believing in the New York Jets.

Anyone afraid? Not me.

SOJ until proven otherwise. Its obvious F.O. and owner are trying hard to build a winner. Whether or not their methods prove successful remains to be seen. (I am skepticle). Until they get it done it will be SOJ. In fact, if this seasons build up fails it will require a new phrase as SOJ will not be an adequate description.

These are not your same'ol Jets. Whens the last time a "SOJ" team had this much talent on it? And I dont mean "Redskins" type talent. The majority of our key players were either drafted or were part of Rex's system else where.

It takes a few years to turn around an organization...Tanny has done so and I've been confident with what he's done since he's been here. And I think Gholston will be a very big surprise and a key component this year.

BJ BJ BJ

Come on people BJ means BRAND NEW JETS!!!

BJ

BJ

BJ

I am going to be the new Fireman Ed. I will lead the BJ chants in the new stadium.

Do it right next to Firemen Ed too. It'll either: 1) Piss him off that you're trying to start a chant right next to him, 2) Make him think gay thoughts, or both.

*cough*1999*cough*

fan_g_testaverde_200.jpg

I see your point. I guess, this is more about me just not seeing this as the SOJ. For me to argue your point is to take away what Vinny provided and that wouldnt be fair. Hopefully Sanchez and the Jets can finally put this SOJ feeling to rest for people who have seen time and time again the Jets be so close, yet so far away.

Max, Brunell is shot, done, finito. The last season he saw real playing time was 06 and he was a fumble machine plus I think he is he is 39 yrs old now.

Would you prefer Kellen? I am just not comfortable with Kellen. I liked what I saw from him the year he played. It was a terrible team and the #s weren't pretty but I thought he showed a lot of heart and would progress nicely.

He hasn't.

I am open to suggestions for ways to improve the backup qb spot. Just don't want it to be Kellen. And I think this team needs a veteran in case Sanchez goes down for a few weeks.

I am open to suggestions for ways to improve the backup qb spot. Just don't want it to be Kellen. And I think this team needs a veteran in case Sanchez goes down for a few weeks.

Cut QB's:

1) Jeff Garcia

2) Marc Bulger

UFA's (available after July 22):

1) Josh McCown

2) Daunte Culpepper

Those 4 options would be preferable to Brunell. I'm also not above trading for a Kerry Collins or Kyle Orton (if he loses his job to Tebow or Quinn), either.

Cut QB's:

1) Jeff Garcia

2) Marc Bulger

UFA's (available after July 22):

1) Josh McCown

2) Daunte Culpepper

Those 4 options would be preferable to Brunell. I'm also not above trading for a Kerry Collins or Kyle Orton (if he loses his job to Tebow or Quinn), either.

Realistically speaking Garcia would be my first choice actually. Bulger? That would be great but I doubt they could pull it off.

I would also prefer Culpepper over Kellen. If Dante came in to camp at under 280.

Bulger could win some games at backup if needed... that would be a gift of him to sign here and sit on the bench...

What JETS are the SOJ?

Cause the "old" JETS are the ones who had Joe Willy...

Are we talking the 80's and 90's JETS? Cause this team is nothing like them.

Archived