Tyson Rauch's Minicamp Recap

Maxman

11) Jets remain fan friendly- After the practice was over the entire Jets team did a lap around the stadium, giving high fives to the fans, and signing autographs. It was evident the players appreciated the support of the fans, and several said so while taking pictures. This is a nice change from years past when the organization as a whole was not appreciative of the fans when it comes to interaction with the fans.

i heard that when the giants had their open stadium practice on tuesday, the players just walked into the locker room and didnt sign any autographs.

10) Fans show some love to Jason Taylor- When Jason Taylor stepped on the field for the first time, there was a scattering of boos. By the end of practice fans were cheering on Taylor as he was taking pictures and signing autographs.

Gawd I hope someone punches him the face.

We also have to take into account and this is huge...last year this entire team except for a couple of guys Rex brought over were playing in a "new" system...talking defense. And with Sanchez getting playoff experience, this team is primed...let's roll.

i heard that when the giants had their open stadium practice on tuesday, the players just walked into the locker room and didnt sign any autographs.

Typical, but we're the organization that sucks supposedly :(

nice read, honestly that's a more professional job than many of the beat writers did... well done

I was thinking the same thing, that was one of the best put together write ups of the offseason. Good job Tyson!

well to be fair, the Giants hurried off the field because they had a Fan event later. They were having a Early Bird Special Dinner at The Jack Klumpus Diner in Fort Lee for their average demographic fan base. ;)

Gawd I hope someone punches him the face.

Funny. A bunch of fans were heckling him all day, and eventually someone invited him to come to the sidelines and shake hands, he hesitated, took a step, then grabbed Kris Jenkins and used him as a lead blocker as he made his way toward the stands (there's a pic of him and Jenks right after in the "who went..." thread). Most had a good laugh and all seemed forgiven after that.

Archived