Jason Taylor Not Torn on Fins-Jets QB's

flgreen

Jason Taylor not torn on Fins-Jets QBs

June, 21, 2010 Jun 21

10:47

AM ET

By Tim Graham

Jason Taylor wouldn't let me get the question out of my mouth.

"Who do you think I'm going to pick?" he interjected, as if to convey his answer was so obvious I shouldn't waste my breath. And it was, really.

[+] Enlargenfl_g_sanchez12_200.jpg Al Pereira/Getty ImagesJason Taylor has been impressed with QB Mark Sanchez's preparation off the field.

We had been talking about Taylor's perceptions of his previous quarterback with the Miami Dolphins: Chad Henne, compared to his current New York Jets quarterback, Mark Sanchez.

"I know who I'm going to pick, and it's my quarterback here," Taylor said after last week's public practice in the new Meadowlands stadium. "I've always been one of those guys that rides or dies with his quarterback.

"Sanchez is my guy, and I better not hear anybody say anything bad about him."

What else could Taylor have said? His quotes would have been all over the New York newspapers' back pages had he said Henne was the better quarterback.

Taylor would have rototilled all of the grassroots campaigning he has done to win over the Jets fans he has angered over the years.

"Naturally, there will be [a rivalry] because of the teams and quarterbacks draw a lot of attention," Taylor said. "I played with Chad. I think Chad's going to be a darn good quarterback. He has all the tools.

"At this level, when you get a guy like a Sanchez or a Chad Henne that has all the physical tools, it's the other things that separate you. It's the preparation, the development you go through. For quarterbacks, it doesn't just start in August and end in February. It's an evolution."

Taylor has been amazed at Sanchez's dedication to both rehabbing his surgically repaired knee to studying in the film room.

"You can see it," Taylor said. "No. 1, it's his work ethic. I came around in April, and you can see how he focuses. He understands what it takes to be a quarterback in this league and the time and commitment that it takes."

If you read between the lines...he basically said he thinks Henne is the better quarterback.

He could have said something along the lines of .... "having practices against both and seen both of them in practice and played against one of them, I can tell you with out question Sanchez is the better QB" IF he felt Sanchez was the better QB.

But instead he says, "of course I am gonna pick Sanchez, I would be a locker room cancer if I said anything else, ask me to compare any Jets player to any Dolphins player I am gonna pick the Jets player regardless of who is actually better."

If you read between the lines...he basically said he thinks Henne is the better quarterback.

He could have said something along the lines of .... "having practices against both and seen both of them in practice and played against one of them, I can tell you with out question Sanchez is the better QB" IF he felt Sanchez was the better QB.

But instead he says, "of course I am gonna pick Sanchez, I would be a locker room cancer if I said anything else, ask me to compare any Jets player to any Dolphins player I am gonna pick the Jets player regardless of who is actually better."

:yawn:

ZOMG Jason Taylor thinks Chad Henne is better than Sanchez! We're f***ed!

No, if he felt Sanchez is the better QB, that would be posted up on the Dolphins bulletin boards in Miami in about 3 seconds. He's trying very hard not to provide any BB material.

Unfortunately, he's our gheyhomofag now.

No he's not. He's an intruder. I will never accept that POS. Of all the terrible **** this franchise has put me through, this is the icing on the cake. I hate him more than any other player in all of sports and he's playing for my favorite team.

Not right man, not right.

No he's not. He's an intruder. I will never accept that POS. Of all the terrible **** this franchise has put me through, this is the icing on the cake. I hate him more than any other player in all of sports and he's playing for my favorite team.

+1

Jets had the #1 defense with him and they can have the #1 defense w/o him. I hope the next time he's with his "brother-in-law" he suffers a ruptured a-hole and retires before officially playing a game in green and white.

No, if he felt Sanchez is the better QB, that would be posted up on the Dolphins bulletin boards in Miami in about 3 seconds. He's trying very hard not to provide any BB material.

if you read between the lines, he says henne is lazy

+1

Jets had the #1 defense with him and they can have the #1 defense w/o him. I hope the next time he's with his "brother-in-law" he suffers a ruptured a-hole and retires before officially playing a game in green and white.

You guys will end your grudge the minute he starts making plays for us (especially when they occur against Miami).

Sure we can be the # 1 defense without him, but our goal is to be the best defense in NFL history. Taylor's projected 6-8 sacks will help us toward that end. Where else were we supposed to pick up a legit pass-rusher?

I hate Jason Taylor and probably will hate him long after his NFL days end. But he's a Jet right now like it or not, and I'll be rooting for him to succeed in whatever role Rex has designed for him. If he busts, well then that's a good enough reason as any to hate him more.

if you read between the lines, he says henne is lazy

That would certainly help explain why he was such a bust in big games for Michigan and why he faded down the stretch last season. Only the hardest of workers at the QB position are able to decipher how top-flight defenses adjust against you.

Give me Mark Sanchez over Chad Henne any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

You guys will end your grudge the minute he starts making plays for us (especially when they occur against Miami).

Sure we can be the # 1 defense without him, but our goal is to be the best defense in NFL history. Taylor's projected 6-8 sacks will help us toward that end. Where else were we supposed to pick up a legit pass-rusher?

I hate Jason Taylor and probably will hate him long after his NFL days end. But he's a Jet right now like it or not, and I'll be rooting for him to succeed in whatever role Rex has designed for him. If he busts, well then that's a good enough reason as any to hate him more.

No, in fact, I will never end my grudge toward him. He's literally at the top of my list for people I must hit in face upon sight. He will always be on the top of that list, I dont care what he does for the Jets because I hate him more than any other figure in all of sports.

If and when he makes a play for the Jets, I will simply say, "Go **** yourself Jason Taylor"...and I will quickly find someone else on the Jets to commend for making it possible for JT to make the play.

For example; If JT gets a sack on the edge, I will compliment Ellis or Devito for standing the Tackle up and allowing JT to get there or if he gets a sack up the middle, I will compliment Kris Jenkins for occupying multiple blockers to help JT get to the QB. Basically it will sound like this...."Go **** yourself Jason Taylor, if it werent for _______ doing his job, you would have never got to make that play."

I might actually puke the first time I see him do his little heart then punch sack dance. Hate that soooo much.

No, in fact, I will never end my grudge toward him. He's literally at the top of my list for people I must hit in face upon sight. He will always be on the top of that list, I dont care what he does for the Jets because I hate him more than any other figure in all of sports.

If and when he makes a play for the Jets, I will simply say, "Go **** yourself Jason Taylor"...and I will quickly find someone else on the Jets to commend for making it possible for JT to make the play.

For example; If JT gets a sack on the edge, I will compliment Ellis or Devito for standing the Tackle up and allowing JT to get there or if he gets a sack up the middle, I will compliment Kris Jenkins for occupying multiple blockers to help JT get to the QB. Basically it will sound like this...."Go **** yourself Jason Taylor, if it werent for _______ doing his job, you would have never got to make that play."

I might actually puke the first time I see him do his little heart then punch sack dance. Hate that soooo much.

:rl:

When all else fails, you can always say "Great play-call by Rex there. F*** you Jason Taylor."

I hate him too but what I can I do? I'm just one man.

What if it's because of something Gholston does that results in a play by Taylor? :lol:

I hate him too but what I can I do? I'm just one man.

:akf:

What if it's because of something Gholston does that results in a play by Taylor? :lol:

Even better..."Go **** yourself Jason Taylor, if it werent for that bum Vernon Gholston, you would have never made that play."

Archived