Dolphins #1 Offseason?

Falcon63

lolESPN :bag:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14619/analysts-fins-best-offseason-bills-worst

Honestly? It is not even CLOSE to a competition, the Jets had the best offseason in the NFL. And anyone who brings up the PAST (i.e. "People forget they beat the Jets twice last year") is just looking for an excuse to crap on the Jets because they know deep down inside we are CURRENTLY the better team.

LOL at Chris Carter. Chris, what happened DURING last season has nothing to do with what the teams did in the offseason.

So will Chris change his mind as to who had the better offseason when the Jets bitchslap the Dolphins twice this year?

I'm glad someone else actually noticed that. Not sure if Carter really said that in the same context or Graham just wrote the article poorly.

Broseidon...Having over 100 receptions and over 1000 yards and double digit td's does not warrant an overated ranking. Oh and setting the record for Receptions in a single game. Kleck you sound like a ratard when you say B Masrhall is overated.

I got news for you, you can be great and still be overrated.

http://www.nfl.com/players/keyshawnjohnson/profile?id=JOH399395

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonmarshall/profile?id=MAR370922

Brandon Marshall is a good WR, hell, he's a great WR; so was Keyshawn Johnson. But don't kid yourself. You ain't getting Randy Moss. You are getting Keyshawn Johnson with an even worse attitude.

I got news for you, you can be great and still be overrated.

http://www.nfl.com/players/keyshawnjohnson/profile?id=JOH399395

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonmarshall/profile?id=MAR370922

Brandon Marshall is a good WR, hell, he's a great WR; so was Keyshawn Johnson. But don't kid yourself. You ain't getting Randy Moss. You are getting Keyshawn Johnson with an even worse attitude.

Randy Moss is an all-timer. No one is saying Marshall is a Moss. However, Marshall is better than Keyshawn. This is Marshal's 5th year, if you look closely you'll see he has improved his stats every year and is now entering his prime. So there is evidence to suggest he has not reached his ceiliing and his stats will keep improving. I got a dub that says he's numbers destroy Keyshawns when he retires. Plus no WR on our team is even close to the same category as B Masrh making this upgrade that much more greater as it was a BIG need.

Randy Moss is an all-timer. No one is saying Marshall is a Moss. However, Marshall is better than Keyshawn.
Marshall has caught all of 22 more passes for about 100 fewer yards and 6 fewer TDs than Keyshawn in his first four years, they are the same player. As far as Moss is concerned, have you read some of your brethren's posts about Marshall since the Dolphins acquired him? Do you hear how ESPN is talking about him? A lot of people are going to be disappointed because they are expecting Randy Moss.
This is Marshal's 5th year, if you look closely you'll see he has improved his stats every year and is now entering his prime.
Look at the stats, so did Keyshawn. In fact, Keyshawn's fourth and final year with the Jets was his best season to date just like Marshall's last year with the Broncos was.
So there is evidence to suggest he has not reached his ceiliing and his stats will keep improving.
Ironically, people were saying the same thing about Keyshawn after 1999.
I got a dub that says he's numbers destroy Keyshawns when he retires.
I'm not gonna take your bet but you are probably right as the game has changed and it is much more of a passing league than it was 10-15 years ago when Keyshawn was starting and entering his prime so it's really not the same. Not to mention the x-factor that Marshall is never going to be more than one more stupid mistake away from a suspension for the rest of his career.
Plus no WR on our team is even close to the same category as B Masrh making this upgrade that much more greater as it was a BIG need.
That is true, but don't expect 100 catches and 10+ TD this season.

Marshall has caught all of 22 more passes for about 100 fewer yards and 6 fewer TDs than Keyshawn in his first four years, they are the same player. As far as Moss is concerned, have you read some of your brethren's posts about Marshall since the Dolphins acquired him? Do you hear how ESPN is talking about him? A lot of people are going to be disappointed because they are expecting Randy Moss. Look at the stats, so did Keyshawn. In fact, Keyshawn's fourth and final year with the Jets was his best season to date just like Marshall's last year with the Broncos was.Ironically, people were saying the same thing about Keyshawn after 1999. I'm not gonna take your bet but you are probably right as the game has changed and it is much more of a passing league than it was 10-15 years ago when Keyshawn was starting and entering his prime so it's really not the same. Not to mention the x-factor that Marshall is never going to be more than one more stupid mistake away from a suspension for the rest of his career. That is true, but don't expect 100 catches and 10+ TD this season.

I agree somewhat with your opinion of MArshall. He didn't get a chance to really play his first year which makes the 4 year comparison with Keyshawn kind of skewed. I'm sure his presence as a WR and his size will help our running game too...if we even have a healthy back.

Santonio Holmes (for 12 games) for 5th rounder >>>> Brandon Marshall (for 16 games) for two 2nd rounders, large contract extension and questionable hips.

Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Brodney Pool, LaDainain Tomlinson >>> Karlos Dansby

The thing is we got 2 HIGH level players entering their prime.Dansby and MArshalll will be Dolphins for years to come. To be honest Cromartie Taylor ,Pool and LT might be 1 and dones for you. And none of them are considered Top players at this point in their career, which is fine, your a superbowl ready team adding some pieces and depth. Holmes is a stud and you gave up nothing for him, If he stays out of trouble hell of a deal for the Jets no question. Both offseasons were great for each team, i just think when u look at the Marshall and Dansby signings and compare them to other players that we had at their respective postions last year...MAJOR UPGRADE.

It's a good deflection from hearing how great the Jets are. Don't get me wrong, I truly believe we made better moves in the offseason (by a long shot) and have the much better team.

Let the fin fans have some positive media attention because it will pump them up even more...it's fun to watch these fans step onto that ledge every year when it sinks in that they suck.

It's a good deflection from hearing how great the Jets are. Don't get me wrong, I truly believe we made better moves in the offseason (by a long shot) and have the much better team.

Let the fin fans have some positive media attention because it will pump them up even more...it's fun to watch these fans step onto that ledge every year when it sinks in that they suck.

The thing is we got 2 HIGH level players entering their prime.Dansby and MArshalll will be Dolphins for years to come. To be honest Cromartie Taylor ,Pool and LT might be 1 and dones for you. And none of them are considered Top players at this point in their career, which is fine, your a superbowl ready team adding some pieces and depth. Holmes is a stud and you gave up nothing for him, If he stays out of trouble hell of a deal for the Jets no question. Both offseasons were great for each team, i just think when u look at the Marshall and Dansby signings and compare them to other players that we had at their respective postions last year...MAJOR UPGRADE.

I agree that Dansby and Marshall are upgrades, but the fact that those guys might be one and done for the Jets is the major benefit IMO. If Marshall douches out or has a chronic hip condition, both distinct possibilites, you're stuck with and albatross around your neck. The Jets get to pick and choose who they keep and who they dump.

Was this just the AFCE? because the Lions had the best offseason...

Trades IMO were great. 5th rounder for DT Corey Williams, who I believe is a real up and comer. Dont know what they gave up for Chris Houston, but I still liked the trade. Then they traded with Seattle for Rob Sims for a 7th round pick. Guy played really well last season. Then they traded for Ton Schefler. And back up Qb Shaun Hill. Cant remember all the details, but they got very creative and basically revamped their over the hill starters.

FA signings were pretty damn good too with Kyle Vanden Bosch, Dante Wesley and Nate Bureleson. Also sured up some hold on players as well in guys like Follet, Devries, Hunter and a couple of others.

Then they topped it all off with an outstading draft...Suh, Best, Spievey, Fox...all potential starters.

Re; The Jets vs. Dolphags. I'll give the Jets the edge because Holmes was a steal, Cro was a steal and JT/LT were good depth signings...something the Dolphags really didnt address. But Marshall and Dansby are HUGE for the Dolphags. Neither team did a bad job.

Was this just the AFCE? because the Lions had the best offseason...

Trades IMO were great. 5th rounder for DT Corey Williams, who I believe is a real up and comer. Dont know what they gave up for Chris Houston, but I still liked the trade. Then they traded with Seattle for Rob Sims for a 7th round pick. Guy played really well last season. Then they traded for Ton Schefler. And back up Qb Shaun Hill. Cant remember all the details, but they got very creative and basically revamped their over the hill starters.

FA signings were pretty damn good too with Kyle Vanden Bosch, Dante Wesley and Nate Bureleson. Also sured up some hold on players as well in guys like Follet, Devries, Hunter and a couple of others.

Then they topped it all off with an outstading draft...Suh, Best, Spievey, Fox...all potential starters.

Re; The Jets vs. Dolphags. I'll give the Jets the edge because Holmes was a steal, Cro was a steal and JT/LT were good depth signings...something the Dolphags really didnt address. But Marshall and Dansby are HUGE for the Dolphags. Neither team did a bad job.

The Lions draft was sick. They are setting themselves up to be the team to beat in that division when the Vikes and Packers windows start closing in about three years.

because the jets not only made the playoffs but advanced to the final 4, they were saddled with rules designed to restrict player acquisitions

and they still kicked the dolphags asses :headbang:

take that crowder

jets ad dolphins both had what looks to be pretty good offseasons....i'll reserve judgement as to who had the better one until i see the results on the field. although the fact that the jets were so limited by the rules and still managed to make the acquisitions they did speaks volumes

ive heard Cris Carter make some of the dumbest comments on tv about who he feels is an elite WR....then the next week he's off the bandwagon of that player and on another one (sounds like a Patriots fan circa 2001...i digress)

Randy Moss is an all-timer. No one is saying Marshall is a Moss. However, Marshall is better than Keyshawn. This is Marshal's 5th year, if you look closely you'll see he has improved his stats every year and is now entering his prime. So there is evidence to suggest he has not reached his ceiliing and his stats will keep improving. I got a dub that says he's numbers destroy Keyshawns when he retires. Plus no WR on our team is even close to the same category as B Masrh making this upgrade that much more greater as it was a BIG need.

Holmes is as good as Marshall. We spent a 5th, you spent a mint. Granted, we only get him for 12 games, but come on, it's not even comparable.

LOL like you guys never had this feeling. Unless your mad old and saw Joe Willie put in work back in '69, which i doubt you did because you probly wouldn't be on a computer, we both have sucked for decades.

Won't disagree withe never having that feeling, but I did see JWN do work and I make a living out of using the computer and managing people whose livelihood is Desktop IT Support. We aren't dinosaurs...

Won't disagree withe never having that feeling, but I did see JWN do work and I make a living out of using the computer and managing people whose livelihood is Desktop IT Support. We aren't dinosaurs...

The guy has a habit of going back and editing his posts after people have responded or in the process of doing so. I also use the computer for a living and yes, I am from the generation of the JW days. In fact, 95% of my clientele are over 60 years of age and use the computer.

dolphann4life must be a minor and in bed.

Archived