knicks free agency thread

Larz

How dare you speak so ill of street hustlers! Street hustlers at least have on occasion been known to have some success. As others have noted the only explanation is Thomas possesses photographs of James Dolan cavorting with not just any farm animals, but ugly male farm animals.

Good point. I have a hard time imagining many street hustlers that are as incompetent at what they do as Thomas.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cute. Since i'm 28 and born and raised in South Florida i've been a fan of the Heat since the Rice and Seikley days...LEt me guess...you started watching the Magic once Dwight Howard filled out his shoulders.

You fit in well down here. I live in Palm Beach and you are the quintessential South Florida bandwagoner. I'm willing to bet i've been to more Heat games than you.

Wow..Rice and Seikley..next time you use Wikipedia to look up former Heat players try and remember to use correct spelling..it's Seikaly.

See..I knew that because he played for the Magic in the mid-to-late 90's..while Dwight Howard was in middle school...and you were busy hopping on the Marlins bandwagon as they won the WS in 1997.

Turiaf right now is the only big on the roster that will play D though

It's not so much what Turiaf can do, it's just that it's impossible to imagine him opting out of $4.3 million next season. Granted right now he's the only one that's willing to lay someone out under the boards on the roster, but Randolph will hopefully develop that mentality between now and then as he grows into his frame a little more. The problem is that deals from here on out on our part are likely going to rest on Curry's expiring deal, and financially there's no teams out there who it makes sense for to take on Curry's deal and Turiaf's 11/12 salary. Chandler on the other hand, makes total sense for a number of teams. Young, athletic swingman who's versatile enough to fit in a number of offenses and still doesn't have enough on his resume to command too large of a deal monetarily.

Of course, Gallo comes into play if any of the big names become an actual possibility, but it's the deal that makes the most sense. Of course there's the scenario where there might not be a season next season, which then would make the points about Turiaf moot, but that's a lot of money for a player who's clearly not worth it to risk on the hopes that you wouldn't have to pay it to him.

You fit in well down here. I live in Palm Beach and you are the quintessential South Florida bandwagoner. I'm willing to bet i've been to more Heat games than you.

Wow..Rice and Seikley..next time you use Wikipedia to look up former Heat players try and remember to use correct spelling..it's Seikaly.

See..I knew that because he played for the Magic in the mid-to-late 90's..while Dwight Howard was in middle school...and you were busy hopping on the Marlins bandwagon as they won the WS in 1997.

Yea man big time bandwagoner here...i just love to root for those winning teams (Dolphins, Marlins and Heat) I'm so spoiled being a bangwagon fan of all Sotuh Florida teams with championship victories left and right.....lucky me.:rolleyes:

Yea man big time bandwagoner here...i just love to root for those winning teams (Dolphins, Marlins and Heat) I'm so spoiled being a bangwagon fan of all Sotuh Florida teams with championship victories left and right.....lucky me.:rolleyes:

Umm the Heat and the Marlins have three championships between them in the not so distant past.

LOL It's gonna be fun destroying Orlando and watching them finished 3rd in the Division.

So you're admitting the Dolphins, Marlins, and Heat suck?

Boy for a kid that supposedly wasn't going to even be drafted, Fields has been ****ing phenomenal.

Fields is alright. He'll be a fine eighth man once we consolidate the fringe assets into a tight seven-man rotation and get rid of Chandler.

Fields is alright. He'll be a fine eighth man once we consolidate the fringe assets into a tight seven-man rotation and get rid of Chandler.

Agreed. Chandy's probably going to see a ton of playing time to start the season at SG. My only concern is that for now it looks like we'll only have rotational swingmen for the 2 (Azu, Walker), once he's gone, though I am definitely excited to see more of Walker. I can see both of them splitting 20-25 mpg with Fields getting worked in once Chandler's gone.

Theres no doubt the Marlins suck this year. Dolphins suck, i've never seen them really win anything but a few division titles. The Heat are usually very competitive under Riley except for a couple of years.

Don't think I'm not gonna remember this post from now on. Have fun in the NFL Talk forums :)

Don't think I'm not gonna remember this post from now on. Have fun in the NFL Talk forums :)

And what? Your gonna torment with all the Jets success lol. I've said it in numerous post I'm convinced i will never see my team win a Superbowl. Unless your old bro and were able to enjoy 1969, i'm assuming you feel the same way.

And what? Your gonna torment with all the Jets success lol. I've said it in numerous post I'm convinced i will never see my team win a Superbowl. Unless your old bro and were able to enjoy 1969, i'm assuming you feel the same way.

Yeah, but I AM convinced ALL my teams are going to win the championship this season (Jets, Yankees, Celtics).

In all honesty, though, here's how I see it for your three teams:

Marlins: They just suck, miss the playoffs.

Dolphins: They will be either 8-8 or 9-7 and be a borderline playoff team, and possibly a 10-win team the next season.

Heat: Will win around 55-60 regular season games and will be a 2nd round playoff exit.

Yeah, but I AM convinced ALL my teams are going to win the championship this season (Jets, Yankees, Celtics).

In all honesty, though, here's how I see it for your three teams:

Marlins: They just suck, miss the playoffs.

Dolphins: They will be either 8-8 or 9-7 and be a borderline playoff team, and possibly a 10-win team the next season.

Heat: Will win around 55-60 regular season games and will be a 2nd round playoff exit.

I agree with your predictions for both the Marlins and Fins. Marlins arn't going anywhere and are on the verge of dealing players like Cantu and Uggla. The Fins win 8 or 9 games this year. I can see the Heat winning 65-68 games somewhere in that area. I could also see them winning a championship this year or losing in the Finals.

Gallo, Curry's contract, two 1st's, and the two 2nd's we got from Golden State. If they wanted Chandler or Douglas as well they'd have to throw in Julian Wright or something for the salaries to match up.

I'm OK with just about any deal that doesn't require taking back Okafor's massive contract, though I'd like to hold onto Randolph, if possible.

Think they'll ask us to take on Posey though? I think it's a possibility.

I hope not.... for that to happen, the Knicks would have to include an additional ~$3m in salary in the deal, as (Paul+Posey) - (Gallo+Curry) puts them over the cap. Azubuike's expiring deal would be a fit.

It would also mean that they'd potentially need to move Felton, Turiaf, and Posey in the offseason to make room for Melo.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Gallo and some picks is going to get it done without eating the $52m+ Okafor is owed over the next 4 years and making that work under the cap means including almost every player on the roster without a trade freeze (Felton, Mozgov)... I can see New Orleans looking to do Paul/Okafor for Curry, Gallo, Azubuike, Chandler, and Randolph. Hopefully, Donnie can move them off of Okafor being tied-in...

I hope not.... for that to happen, the Knicks would have to include an additional ~$3m in salary in the deal, as (Paul+Posey) - (Gallo+Curry) puts them over the cap. Azubuike's expiring deal would be a fit.

It would also mean that they'd potentially need to move Felton, Turiaf, and Posey in the offseason to make room for Melo.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Gallo and some picks is going to get it done without eating the $52m+ Okafor is owed over the next 4 years and making that work under the cap means including almost every player on the roster without a trade freeze (Felton, Mozgov)... I can see New Orleans looking to do Paul/Okafor for Curry, Gallo, Azubuike, Chandler, and Randolph. Hopefully, Donnie can move them off of Okafor being tied-in...

Man, I just can't see Donnie taking on that deal though. It's not his style. I can definitely see him taking on the Posey or West deals as a concession, but not that one.

I mean let's be honest, if they get rid of Paul, they're going to be in rebuilding mode and they won't be strapped on the cap anymore even with Okafor's deal. They know this and Donnie definitely knows it. I'd also rather give up picks than Randolph.

Maybe this is why Knicks signed Felton. To use him as part of trade.

Paul reportedly wants out immediately and wants to land with the Knicks, the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers. Subsequent reports by The Times-Picayune of New Orleans and ESPN listed the Knicks, the Magic, the Portland Trail Blazers and the Dallas Mavericks as the preferred destinations, with the Knicks ranking first, according to ESPN.

Maybe this is why Knicks signed Felton. To use him as part of trade.

Nope... League rules prevent you from trading players signed as UFA's until December 15th.

If the Knicks were able to land Paul, they'd have to move Felton either before the deadline or in the offseason.

Man, I just can't see Donnie taking on that deal though. It's not his style. I can definitely see him taking on the Posey or West deals as a concession, but not that one.

I mean let's be honest, if they get rid of Paul, they're going to be in rebuilding mode and they won't be strapped on the cap anymore even with Okafor's deal. They know this and Donnie definitely knows it. I'd also rather give up picks than Randolph.

I don't disagree, but they're going to shop Paul and Okafor around the entire league before considering moving Paul alone (or with another bad contract). Stojakovic comes off the books after this season, so they'll have a ton of cap space even with Okafor's deal, so it's not a necessity, but why pay a limited player $52m when you're not going to win with or without him?

Since Paul has little leverage to decide where he goes, the Knicks aren't going to get him on the cheap... I think that for Paul alone (or Paul plus Posey or West), it could easily take Gallo/Randolph/Chandler and Curry's expiring deal to get it done.

Archived