YES!!!

billybroome

Having anything ride on this thing is just plain stupid.

Almost as stupid as not pinch running for fat sloppy, down by 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th.

So now a team with a harder schedule can have a 102 wins, and a team with an easier schedule and 90 something wins can get home field.

Brilliant!

Almost as stupid as not pinch running for fat sloppy, down by 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th.

That out by Ortiz was a killer. Hard to believe a Chicago Cub threw him out, but I'll take it.

So now a team with a harder schedule can have a 102 wins, and a team with an easier schedule and 90 something wins can get home field.

Brilliant!

I agree they shouldn't let anything ride on this. I also agree the could have pinch run for Papi, but that's Clueless Joe for you. He's an awful manager and the Yanks continue to win in spite of him. I mean between him and Phil Hughes being awful, the Yankees faction cost the AL the game.

I agree they shouldn't let anything ride on this. I also agree the could have pinch run for Papi, but that's Clueless Joe for you. He's an awful manager and the Yanks continue to win in spite of him. I mean between him and Phil Hughes being awful, the Yankees faction cost the Red Sox home field advantage in the game.

Corrected.;)

Brilliant!

Those Orioles are just so tough, eh? ;)

I agree they shouldn't let anything ride on this. I also agree the could have pinch run for Papi, but that's Clueless Joe for you. He's an awful manager and the Yanks continue to win in spite of him. I mean between him and Phil Hughes being awful, the Yankees faction cost the AL the game.

Oh well. First place. Best team in baseball.

Only Clueless Joe would have Ortiz running bases while Arod is on the bench. ****ing idiot. Now, we have to open the World Series in a minor league ballpark.

And take the bat out of his hands?

Girardi used his position players too early. It was his first of many All Star games as manager....he'll learn.

Girardi has been doing a good job this season. The team is in first place and have the best record in baseball.

Only Clueless Joe would have Ortiz running bases while Arod is on the bench. ****ing idiot. Now, we have to open the World Series in a minor league ballpark.

We agree that Girardi over manages at times...cost him last night. But, the NL hadn't won this thing in like 13 games and it was bound to happen. Law of averages...look, even the Red Sox won after almost a century...s hit happens.

Based on teams played so far, the Yankees have played the 19th most difficult schedule, based on the W/L % of teams that they have played.

Not for nothing but the Yankees opponents are 32-56 against the Yankees this year. I am sure that has something to do with them having such a bad record.

Like that's going to impact the Red Sox. :rolleyes:

The Red Sox ain't making the playoffs. :rl:

Like that's going to impact the Red Sox. :rolleyes:

The Red Sox ain't making the playoffs. :rl:

If the Red Sox don't make the playoffs it would be more to the credit of how good the Yankees and Rays are than any sort of negative to the Red Sox. They are playing way above their heads and reinforcements are on the way.

If the Red Sox don't make the playoffs it would be more to the credit of how good the Yankees and Rays are than any sort of negative to the Red Sox. They are playing way above their heads and reinforcements are on the way.

See, that's it in a nutshell right there. They are playing way above their heads while the Yankee offense hasn't really hit their stride yet.

Keep dreaming Sparky.

What do I have to dream about? Delcarmen, Beckett, and Buchholz are all throwing rehab this weekend. They should all be back soon. V-Mart and Pedroia not far behind them. Now all Theo has to do is get a bullpen arm or two and the Sox will be grinding to the end.

See, that's it in a nutshell right there. They are playing way above their heads while the Yankee offense hasn't really hit their stride yet.

The Red Sox are getting by with smoke and mirrors and career minor leaguers. If and when they get healthy, they are going to be a very dangerous team.

It's had to argue with that.

Archived