Sports memoribilia-what do you have?

faba

I have some stuff displayed in my basement - autographed baseballs/basketballs/pucks, pictures, a Dennis Potvin stick (all gifts) - but the things I wish I could find are my Jets Starting Lineup figures...

Freeman, O'Brien, Toon, Gastineau, and my personal favorite, Mickey Shuler.

Meredith from the Flight Crew has my name tattooed on her thigh.

I have a ton of stuff, I've been a Jet memorabilia hoarder since I was a kid.

Prolly close to 40 autographs on different items, from mini helmets, footballs, pictures, and napkins.

My favorites (68 team signed poster, 98 and 2009 team signed balls) A game worn Bart Scott jersey autographed and personalized to me.

A few other game used items as well. I have no other hobby other then the Jets so that's my excuse.

Plus a ton of pics of me with Jet players, most recent being with Scott, Keller, Harris, Wilson, Leonhard, Pace, Gholston, and Clowney.

Just Jets and Yankees stuff...My prized Jets piece is a full size autographed helmet signed by JW.

True story...this was around 1970 (just a guess...maybe a year earlier or later...it's been a long time). I was a single guy at the time and would go to Bachelor's III a lot in Ft. Lauderdale. I knew the bartender from another bar and he just got employed there. Says to me, want to meet Namath? Hell yeah I told him...I was in my early twenties at the time...maybe 21 or 22.

The bartender tells this other guy at the far end something and the guy gets up, walks to the back end of the place and who the hell comes over but JW himself. We started talking and I'm telling you, this guy was like talking to one of the "guys"...told me he was going to win a couple more SB's (thanks for that Joe...lol...still waiting). I told him I was in Nam when the Jets won and I feel ripped off that I wasn't here...again, he says we'll win at least one for you. Asked what I did in Nam and I told him I was an Army Ranger with the 101st A/B. No sooner I said that, he tells me I'll be right back. He gets up, comes back a few minutes later. He has this Jets helmet with him and a magic marker and asks me what to write...I was lost for words and he signed it right there and then...Joe Willie Namath x12. As the years have passed, once in a great while I see that signature just like that, but not very often.

It sits right next to an autographed picture of Matt Snell scoring a TD in SB III given to me by a special person from Jet Nation.

Just Jets and Yankees stuff...My prized Jets piece is a full size autographed helmet signed by JW.

True story...this was around 1970 (just a guess...maybe a year earlier or later...it's been a long time). I was a single guy at the time and would go to Bachelor's III a lot in Ft. Lauderdale. I knew the bartender from another bar and he just got employed there. Says to me, want to meet Namath? Hell yeah I told him...I was in my early twenties at the time...maybe 21 or 22.

The bartender tells this other guy at the far end something and the guy gets up, walks to the back end of the place and who the hell comes over but JW himself. We started talking and I'm telling you, this guy was like talking to one of the "guys"...told me he was going to win a couple more SB's (thanks for that Joe...lol...still waiting). I told him I was in Nam when the Jets won and I feel ripped off that I wasn't here...again, he says we'll win at least one for you. Asked what I did in Nam and I told him I was an Army Ranger with the 101st A/B. No sooner I said that, he tells me I'll be right back. He gets up, comes back a few minutes later. He has this Jets helmet with him and a magic marker and asks me what to write...I was lost for words and he signed it right there and then...Joe Willie Namath x12. As the years have passed, once in a great while I see that signature just like that, but not very often.

It sits right next to an autographed picture of Matt Snell scoring a TD in SB III given to me by a special person from Jet Nation.

Wow, that's a great story!!

Even better is knowing that you're a Army range, lol. Put that in your sig and invite Dolphag to a debate. lol

Man that is a great story NS.

Wow, awesome.

I have an autographed Curtis Martin helmet and framed picture. Unfortunatley for Jets fans both are when Curtis was with the Pats.

Other than that I have autographs from the West Indian cricket team and a bunch of Aussie Rules players from the early '80's. Not that you guys give a crap!

I have a couple of shelves in my basement for all my sports memoribilia

Jets/ Mets/ and Rangers but also have assorted other items like a signed Dom Domaggio baseball

You and BP are such good little soldiers.

Archived