The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

I think BP's irrational hatred for Rex goes something like this: Rex joins team, boasts to the media, etc.--has swagger. BP chooses Rex as target for ridicule, hoping he will fail a la Herm. Instead, Rex does great his first year. BP gets frustrated at the praise Rex gets and deserves. BP amps up his hatred for Rex and still doesn't give any good reason for doing so.

You're getting mad at a guy for changing the reputation of the Jets. Unless you support the reputation of perpetual let-downs, there is no reason to hate the philosophy he has instilled in this team. It's all about winning, and he has supported that doctrine by getting to the AFC Championship game.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great play by sanchez there on the LT TD... looked it off, laid it out perfect.. real nice job..

He's actually very good at throwing those routes, we should be running a Coryell offense with runs and deep balls featured..

Are you kidding me?

No Im not kidding. He looks like an old lesbian.

Joe Namath the NYJETS legend.

He sure is a legend. But he also looks like sh!t. As I said earlier, Karma is a bitch.

All you got out of the show was to bust his balls?

No thats not all I got out of this show. I enjoyed it but dont feel like repeating what everyone else says. i went a different angle. The old lesbian angle. No one else was covering it so i jumped all over it. Just be lucky I also didnt go nuts over those awful shorts he was wearing and the fact he had them pulled up to his nipples. He was a fashion trainwreck.

And how would you know what an old lesbian looks like? :D

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hard Knocks lived up to the expectations, easily. What a great debut. Things that stood out for me included:

1) The "We want Revis!" chant (and the missing person milk carton sign)

2) Rex's swagger and humor (naturally), along with his sadness at Basped being cut and the whole Revis fiasco

3) Aaron Kia's total suckitude and surprise/anger at getting let go

4) Cafe Ryan, nachos, tanning oil, and the other inside jokes

5) John Conner's beastliness

I'm not kidding. lol..but im being overwhelmed by all the ball washers. it wasnt just the f bombs. god..nevermind.

The great irony of course is the complaint that yours is just an 'honest opinion' while the others are 'ball washers'.

No need to respond here.

Nice Job, Max.

Good bits on the Revis situation, which HBO handled well.

The scene of Mr. T working the phones in the offices — whilst the camera panned above his desk to reveal a poster of Revis' pick in the home opener against New England — just about said it all.

Tough pill to swallow.

Nice Job, Max.

Good bits on the Revis situation, which HBO handled well.

The scene of Mr. T working the phones in the offices — whilst the camera panned above his desk to reveal a poster of Revis' pick in the home opener against New England — just about said it all.

Tough pill to swallow.

I noticed that as well. Is it just me or does Woody look like a skeleton?

I noticed that as well. Is it just me or does Woody look like a skeleton?

The scene were Woody and Tanny were talking was funny. Woody made the wife joke. Then there was this silence. It was like Tanny was waiting for Woody to say something else. And nothing.

The best thing about this show tonight was how much it brought me up for the upcoming season.

All this Revis stuff had taken some of the wind out of my sails, and while it still looms large in the show and in all of our minds, seeing Jenkins out there yelling, seeing Bart Scott Jawing, seeing Rex's confidence, seeing Cromartie and Holmes making plays, it brought back all of the excitement for this year that Revis's holdout took.

I can't wait for next week and then the season.

This was really reassuring.

Damn, that big man's got a lot of passion. I thought he was gonna cry at one point during that goal line drill.

I thought Jenkins was being a dick during practice. Didn't he miss most of last season? He acted like he owned the defense.

The best thing about this show tonight was how much it brought me up for the upcoming season.

All this Revis stuff had taken some of the wind out of my sails, and while it still looms large in the show and in all of our minds, seeing Jenkins out there yelling, seeing Bart Scott Jawing, seeing Rex's confidence, seeing Cromartie and Holmes making plays, it brought back all of the excitement for this year that Revis's holdout took.

I can't wait for next week and then the season.

Did you mean brought you up or caught you up? As in oh crap I have been playing mafia wars all year, the Jets have L.T. and Jason Taylor? Wow.

;)

Nice play by him. What has he done for the Jets?

Rex wants that kind of tempo and smack talk. You can say it is wrong but you would have to blame the coach, not the players for it.

And what has Jenkins done? If you don't know then so be it...

Rex is f*ckin funny as sh*t. He's my new favorite reality TV star. Even better than the other ones because I can watch this.

Anyone else see Richardson as the odd man out amongst the fullbacks? Connor really should be a good FB and his power could do alot for Tomlinson and the loss of Faneca.

Don't have HBO. :(

Hope its up online soon.

I thought they were going to be skipping the Revis drama?

The show opened with Rex walking into Revis' dorm room (empty of course) and calling his name. Hard to skip when that happens.

Archived