Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

Revis' agent said the proposed meeting was a "blatant lie."

I'm not sure who is telling the truth, but this isn't the first time the Jets have been called liars.

dude read the daily news today....or the thread i just posted which has a link to the article. revis and co. have turned down a 10 year 120 million dollar offer. ther eis no way in hell i can come close to siding with revis after hearing that news. revis is a piece of sh*t if he has decided he can't play for that type of contract.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude read the daily news today....or the thread i just posted which has a link to the article. revis and co. have turned down a 10 year 120 million dollar offer. ther eis no way in hell i can come close to siding with revis after hearing that news. revis is a piece of sh*t if he has decided he can't play for that type of contract.

I just heard on Boomer and Cartman Woody offered a 100 million dollar contract---

And bevis said NO.

I just heard on Boomer and Cartman Woody offered a 100 million dollar contract---

And bevis said NO.

read the threa di just posted it has a link to the daily news article...it says they have learned the contract was for 10 years 120 million, and it was rejected.

and what a wonderful day that will be... a long year of watching the Jets keep their best player unsigned out of play. all the second guessing that goes along with not making it as far as last year... To see the franchise's best player since Joe Willy leave on the cheap for draft picks.

Way to own, Woody.

Let's talk about Woody signing Jamie Henderson after his motorcycle accident. He didn't have do that. Let's talk about how the Jets as an organization went above and beyond any contractual obligations to take care of Dennis Byrd and his family.

I can think of alot of things to bag on Woody and the Jets as an organization for---

But Revis is a piece of sh*t. What he had done and what he continues to do is wrong. He basically took what was turning into a storybook season for this hapless organization and single handedly destroyed it.

FWIW, I spoke to someone close to Revis' camp this morning and they straight up denied being offered 10/$120m.

..."If they offered (Revis) that, he would have already signed."

Somebody is lying here. This isn't the first time that I've heard conflicting information from the two sides...

FWIW, I spoke to someone close to Revis' camp this morning and they straight up denied being offered 10/$120m.

..."If they offered (Revis) that, he would have already signed."

Somebody is lying here. This isn't the first time that I've heard conflicting information from the two sides...

well who is going to leak that sort of information? it certainly wouldn't be revis' people becasue they know they'd look like assholes for turning down that contract. and the team certainly wouldn't do it if it weren't true. be pretty stupid for someone in the FO's side to leak that and it not be true. this whole thing is a joke.......woody says they rebuffed him showing up at the last meeting...they say it's a lie. who is lying there? if it's tannnenbaum who told woody they said no and they never did then he is a ******* idiot for making woody look like a liar. who knows......all i know is that revis is looking very greedy at this point in time.

With the entire first page being Revis threads, I think they need to be merged. So I am starting yet another Revis thread to ask how they should be merged?

All in one thread.

Two threads: F Revis \ We love your Darrelle

Seriously...I think it needs to be cleaned up...but we want to let people vent at the same time. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

One thread: Revis Drama Here

Somebody is lying here.

OK where do you think the lies are?

This is how far apart holdout cornerback Darrelle Revis and the Jets are on 10-year proposals they each have on the table: A staggering $40 million.

And that doesn't even take into account the ongoing battle over signing bonus and guaranteed money.

If they can cut their differences down by $1 million per day between now and the Jets' opener on Sept. 13 against the Ravens, the gap will be still be $7 million.

The Daily News has learned the Jets have had a 10-year, $120 million offer on the table for months as one of their two proposals. Although the Jets continue to insist "we are flexible on how the guaranteed money is structured, including the areas of signing bonus, roster bonus and option bonus," they have not yet attached a specific dollar figure to any of those areas.

The Jets say they need to agree to the total compensation before negotiating the guarantees. It's hard to argue with a $120 million deal that contains sufficient guaranteed money, which would be about $25 million-$30 million.

Revis has been looking to surpass Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha as the highest-paid cornerback. Over the next two seasons, Asomugha will average $16.5 million. So do the math on a 10-year deal. That brings the number Revis wants in the $160 million range. Guaranteed money? Probably about $30 million.

"The proposal I gave to the Jets on Friday reflected the fact Darrelle Revis wants to be a Jet for life," agent Neil Schwartz said Tuesday.

For life? How about a couple of lifetimes?

Of course, the numbers on long-term deals inflate the total dollars to unrealistic totals, which the player will often not see at the back end of his career. In either offer, Revis would own the largest contract in the NFL - until Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees sign new deals. But the key, of course, is how much of that money is guaranteed to find its way into Revis' pockets?

"The Jets have never given us a proposal with one dollar in signing bonus or one dollar in fully guaranteed money," Schwartz said. "I don't care what they say."

The Jets say when they agree on total dollars, they will talk guarantees.

One other thing: The so-called Band-Aid proposal - wonder if those are Johnson & Johnson Band-Aids? - the Jets made two days before camp opened on Aug. 1 is a four-year deal for $40 million. Again, the Jets have not yet attached a figure next to the guarantee column.

Initially in the proposal, the $1 million Revis is scheduled to make this year would be bumped to about $4 million. If Revis had not been holding out and played out the last three years of his contract, it would total $21 million with $20 million of it guaranteed. If the Jets then franchised him, he would make about $18 million in 2013. That would bring the four-year total to $39million with $38 million guaranteed. The Band-Aid is $40 million with the guarantees yet to be decided.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/08/11/2010-08-11_40m_gap_guarantees_big_trouble.html#ixzz0wITPYSLD

Again, the Jets have not yet attached a figure next to the guarantee column.

this is not the first time Jets contract negotiations were questioned. They said they offered Leon 5 mil per year. Leon said he was offered 2. Revis track record is better than the NYJ.

this is not the first time Jets contract negotiations were questioned. They said they offered Leon 5 mil per year. Leon said he was offered 2. Revis track record is better than the NYJ.

Sixth sentence/paragraph down:

The Jets say they need to agree to the total compensation before negotiating the guarantees. It's hard to argue with a $120 million deal that contains sufficient guaranteed money, which would be about $25 million-$30 million.

In other words, The Jets said "here's 120 million dollars, we guarantee at least 25 million, you structure it the way you want it, then we can counter that" and the Team Fat Gilbert said "no, we want 160 million to work with".

Sorry, you're on the wrong side of history. Again.

Reading that blurb the Jets "SAY" but we don't really know what the deal is... if the deal was 25 mil guaranteed this would be done already. Maybe their definitions of guaranteed are different.

talk is cheap... interviews are very cheap... until this player gets signed we dont have any real reason to believe either side.

we all are Jets fans and "hope" that the team is doing the right thing... but it might not be the case.

Sixth sentence/paragraph down:

In other words, The Jets said "here's 120 million dollars, we guarantee at least 25 million, you structure it the way you want it, then we can counter that" and the Team Fat Gilbert said "no, we want 160 million to work with".

Sorry, you're on the wrong side of history. Again.

Im not sure about the rest of ya'll but Im ready for the Revis to stop and the season to stop.

Revis will NOT be a a Jet this season or probably ever again. If he sits out this year I doubt he will ever have another year like 2009. Fat Uncle Gilbert came back as garbage. I wonder if he shares that part of his story with his nephew?

Reading that blurb the Jets "SAY" but we don't really know what the deal is... if the deal was 25 mil guaranteed this would be done already. Maybe their definitions of guaranteed are different.

But we do know what the deal is. The Jets offered a ten year, $120 million dollar contract, told Team Fat Gilbert to structure it the way they want it, and Team Fat Gilbert said "not enough, call later".

talk is cheap... interviews are very cheap... until this player gets signed we dont have any real reason to believe either side.

I have plenty of reasons to believe one side because there is enough information to discern who is being hard headed in these negotiations.

we all are Jets fans and "hope" that the team is doing the right thing... but it might not be the case.

But not hope Bevis does the right thing?

With the entire first page being Revis threads, I think they need to be merged. So I am starting yet another Revis thread to ask how they should be merged?

All in one thread.

Two threads: F Revis \ We love your Darrelle

Seriously...I think it needs to be cleaned up...but we want to let people vent at the same time. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Start a Revis forum, anything posted NOT in that forum gets deleted..at least till we know for sure what will happen this season

BECAUSE REVIS ISN'T ACCEPTING OFFERS FROM THE JETS. REFUSED SITDOWNS WITH WOODY AND REX.Jets have no other choice than to go public and drag Revis through the mud.

NOT his agents-they want to sit down with Revis and the shysters twist it around to say they never said they would sit down with "us"

http://www.sffootball.net/news.asp?Article_ID=438

Embittering your best player, making him feel as though he has been betrayed, is no less folly than believing that T.O. No could have been one more piece of the reality show that is already the New York Jets. Just what a young franchise quarterback like Mark Sanchez needed, right? A faded 36-year-old narcissist who can turn young franchise quarterbacks gray overnight.

If there is one player who deserves a boatload of guaranteed money, it is Revis.

I'm not posting the whole thing because I figure they would sue Jet Nation if I did. But if you go there and read it it doesn't make a good impression. We're dealing with lunatics.

Just what a young franchise quarterback like Mark Sanchez needed, right? A faded 36-year-old narcissist who can turn young franchise quarterbacks gray overnight.

oh boy...

If I were a betting man, I would bet that cooler heads will prevail at the 11th hour and the owners and players union will recognize the insanity of killing the golden goose, and there will be professional football next season. For the Patriots, it is no excuse for not paying Tom Brady. For the Colts, it is no excuse for not paying Peyton Manning. For the Jets, it is no excuse for not signing Darrelle Revis.

So now were saying a CB is just as important as a QB? really?

10 years/ $120M sounds like a lit of money -because it is- but is it really a great contract for Revis?

Average "very good" CB money in 2010 is in the $10M/year range, and Revis is better than very good. Aso is making Crazy Al money, but Charles Woodson is making $13.5M this season.

Ten years from now -sh*t, probably 4, 5 years from now- that $12M a year isn't going to look nearly as good, Even the ridiculous, bullsh*t, greedy 10yr/ $160M contract will probably be looking pretty reasonable by 2018.

Jets need to come up with an offer with a real 8-figure signing bonus, and get closer to Revis' "total compensation" with some bloated years/bonuses on the back end of the deal - year's they'll be free to cut if they feel like it. They're the ones who can get this done.

http://www.sffootball.net/news.asp?Article_ID=438

I'm not posting the whole thing because I figure they would sue Jet Nation if I did. But if you go there and read it it doesn't make a good impression. We're dealing with lunatics.

lol...who exactly is the narcissist here? i read the article. the stance is that revis makes the superbowl or bust a reality and that without revis it's just plain bust. that's narcissism if i ever saw it.

Archived