Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

Good idea... then we can bring in 2nd and 3rd stringers because we can't afford anyone else..Lat time I looked it took a TEAM to win... not just one superstar.

If you don't like Revis' feed my family line, then maybe you shouldn't take the exaggeration in the opposite direction.

The big problem from Revis' side is guaranteed money. If the Jets wanted to throw a chunk in Revis' direction in the uncapped year, they could help him and themselves (capwise) at the same time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't like Revis' feed my family line, then maybe you shouldn't take the exaggeration in the opposite direction.

The big problem from Revis' side is guaranteed money. If the Jets wanted to throw a chunk in Revis' direction in the uncapped year, they could help him and themselves (capwise) at the same time.

He'll get guaranteed money if he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, which he's not. Your head is so far up Mevi$'s a$$ you arent even listening to whats going on. Tanny has said that a signing bonus (guaranteed money) is a standard in all NFL negotiations and this one is no different. The problem is Mevi$ is asking for a ridiculous contract that will cripple the team.

But you keep rooting for the New York Mevi$. I'll stick to rooting for the New York Jets.

Didn't they offer him like a 10YR/120 Mill?

they offered him pixie dust and fairy tales. all the beaters (and revis agent, fwiw) say the Jets aren't talking bonus.

The truth is they probably offered him a too small bonus 10 days ago but it's only gotten worse not better. A sign negotiations are imploding is that it's become a PR mud fest. good negotiations you don't actually hear anything.

We might not see Revis in g/w again... it would take a couple regular season losses at this point for ownership to thaw.

Slats.. I understand your stance as well as everyone defending Revis to get paid but how is a player any different than another worker.. I can't tell my boss that I'm clearly the best employee here and I want to be payed like it... Oh.. By the way I'll need to have that money guaranteed in case I get injured... I will never agree with giving any player a contract of that size.... As fans we're the ones who pay their salaries and this is getting totally out of hand.

Listen, rookie. We know what he's capable of. We did see him play last year, we're not stupid. The problem is he's being selfish and full with greed. The Jets went to him for a new contract, not the other way around. However, he looks at their proposal and laughs. The Jets are not going to blink first. They just aren't. David Harris and Nick Mangold should get contracts before him, but yet they went to Revis first. The New York Jets are a football team. They don't need to wait for one player. A player can not hold a team hostage. **** THAT!

The point of the video is to show that you cant replace that....Its to show he deserves more money...the offers the jets gave him were jokes and thats why he laughs...mangold and harris will get theirs...revis should get his before them because this year hes the lowest paid DB on the team...I def dont think hes being selfish at all...I just believe he wants what he deserves and has earned! Understandable that they are a team but why did REX cancel practice to have a meeting with everyone involved in the JETS organization to get this whole thing right? Answer: Because REVIS is that F*cking important so go ROOKIE yourself pal and stop listening to talk radio....I heard the woody johnson interview with KAY aswell and Woody was being the shadiest guy in the world about this whole thing

Listen, rookie. We know what he's capable of. We did see him play last year, we're not stupid. The problem is he's being selfish and full with greed. The Jets went to him for a new contract, not the other way around. However, he looks at their proposal and laughs. The Jets are not going to blink first. They just aren't. David Harris and Nick Mangold should get contracts before him, but yet they went to Revis first. The New York Jets are a football team. They don't need to wait for one player. A player can not hold a team hostage. **** THAT!

as of right now,a bag of footballs is helping the jets more than revis

Quoted for truth!

The point of the video is to show that you cant replace that....Its to show he deserves more money...the offers the jets gave him were jokes and thats why he laughs...mangold and harris will get theirs...revis should get his before them because this year hes the lowest paid DB on the team...I def dont think hes being selfish at all...I just believe he wants what he deserves and has earned! Understandable that they are a team but why did REX cancel practice to have a meeting with everyone involved in the JETS organization to get this whole thing right? Answer: Because REVIS is that F*cking important so go ROOKIE yourself pal and stop listening to talk radio....I heard the woody johnson interview with KAY aswell and Woody was being the shadiest guy in the world about this whole thing

revis aint earned sh*t,my friend.he had 1 elite season.let him at least string 2 together before he desreves and had "earned" his elite status

He'll get guaranteed money if he's willing to sign a reasonable deal, which he's not. Your head is so far up Mevis a$ you arent even listening to whats going on. Tanny has said that a signing bonus (guaranteed money) is a standard in all NFL negotiations and this one is no different. The problem is Mevi$ is asking for a ridiculous contract that will cripple the team.

But you keep rooting for the New York Mevi$. I'll stick to rooting for the New York Jets.

I'm listening. The Jets are the only ones talking, and it's funny to me how people are willing to believe everything they say about the negotiations.

Tannenbaum signed Gholston to a team crippling contract - in that he's making a fortune and producing nothing. You could make the same argument for Mark Sanchez in his first year, as the Jets won more despite him than because of him last year. Sanchez collected over $10M in salary advances this year. If the Jets could do something like that for Revis, he'd probably be in camp.

But a player who produces at the level of Darrelle Revis can't sign a contract that cripples the team. Are the Jets crippled when Revis makes $3M or $4M a year more than Vernon Gholston? Or even $6M more (even though I don't expect him to get his $16M/yr)? How about next year when Vernon Gholston is off the roster, is is still crippling to the team then?

Crippling the team. What a joke. Poor Woody having trouble feeding his family, that's what that argument is.

The point of the video is to show that you cant replace that

trade revis for aso.replaced

they offered him pixie dust and fairy tales. all the beaters (and revis agent, fwiw) say the Jets aren't talking bonus.

The truth is they probably offered him a too small bonus 10 days ago but it's only gotten worse not better. A sign negotiations are imploding is that it's become a PR mud fest. good negotiations you don't actually hear anything.

We might not see Revis in g/w again... it would take a couple regular season losses at this point for ownership to thaw.

[Enter the Rex]

It will be interesting to see what effect his new media involvement has on the process (or lack there of). "Meet with the whole Damn team" - what a great way to turn the tables on Schwartz Feinsod

If you have hate youre ridiculous...you were the same people cheering and sucking Revis off mere months ago...and we all know the second he's back on the field you will all be loving and praising him and completely forget about this so called hate...be realistic...dont be a douche...

I'm listening. The Jets are the only ones talking, and it's funny to me how people are willing to believe everything they say about the negotiations.

Tannenbaum signed Gholston to a team crippling contract - in that he's making a fortune and producing nothing. You could make the same argument for Mark Sanchez in his first year, as the Jets won more despite him than because of him last year. Sanchez collected over $10M in salary advances this year. If the Jets could do something like that for Revis, he'd probably be in camp.

But a player who produces at the level of Darrelle Revis can't sign a contract that cripples the team. Are the Jets crippled when Revis makes $3M or $4M a year more than Vernon Gholston? Or even $6M more (even though I don't expect him to get his $16M/yr)? How about next year when Vernon Gholston is off the roster, is is still crippling to the team then?

Crippling the team. What a joke. Poor Woody having trouble feeding his family, that's what that argument is.

The way the NFL is structured it dictates what these high picks get before they'll ever play.

I'm sorry but that's not the case for guys with 3 years left on their current deals.

I suppose you would prefer Tanny did not get his high picks signed, right? :huh:

The way the NFL is structured it dictates what these high picks get before they'll ever play.

I'm sorry but that's not the case for guys with 3 years left on their current deals.

I suppose you would prefer Tanny did not get his high picks signed. :huh:

That's a different argument. Try to stay on point.

Can't say paying Revis $12M-13M-16M-whatever is crippling the team when the team can afford to carry Vernon and Sanchez at 5 years, $100M collectively without being crippled.

Read that whole article. Wow. I can't not believe they posted that.

That is really the public stance you want to take? That is really the stance that Darrelle is supporting when he has to return to the team and face the players? I guess there is an I in team after all. A CB is going to make the difference between Super Bowl victory or not? Wow, wow, wow. I know how important he is but this is just brutal.

Not sure what the capital S is for in Jets. Funny though that they bring up the PSL issue. As if the players salaries have nothing to do with ticket prices. It is two sides of people that have more money than we will ever see, trying to pit us against each other.

You know what side we are on? The side that puts the best Jets team on the field. Revis has 3 years left on his contract. Get back to work and handle this sh*t quietly.

This is petty but they didn't even put a period at the end. Did they spell check this thing? And the way they closed was a little dramatic for my liking. It reminds me of the song in Grease two, do it for your country, Uncle Sam would want you to.

Get over yourselves. I swear I am getting closer to hoping the Jets just say F U and let him rot. He is the best CB in the game but honor the contract you signed.

GO MAX!!!

That's a different argument. Try to stay on point.

Can't say paying Revis $12M-13M-16M-whatever is crippling the team when the team can afford to carry Vernon and Sanchez at 5 years, $100M collectively without being crippled.

OK, and are you saying the Jets have not offerd that?

You are not this ignorant...dont know why you are acting this way.

I do believe Tanny when he says a signing bonus is standard operating procedure in the NFL when redoing contracts...because it is. What have the Jets ever done or any other team that would make you think he is lying?

And I dont think Gholston and Sanchez are a good example being where they were drafted and how ridiculous rookie contracts are in general. Teams that have that high of a draft choice know what they are going to have to invest on the front and make room accordingly. Teams budget for draft picks. Totally different then trying to redo a guy with 3 years remaining.

How were the Jets supposed to know that Revis, who has already held out for one contract, would do it all over again asking for something that is literally insane. I just dont see how the Jets could have budgeted accordingly for a deal that is unreasonable a year before a lot of uncertainty in the NFL...which IMO currently looks like there wont be a season.

Jesus, this is getting maddening. Of course he's being selfish. He's holding out and acting directly on behalf of his own self-interest and future happiness, while disregarding the better interest of his family on the football field. Your statement would be better received if it wasn't 1) already said 100 different ways 2) wasn't as condescending.

Everyone here knows how good he is, we've been fans just as long and most here probably many years longer than you. We watch every game, we've seen him play. But the one thing we seem to have a better grasp of is that showing us a video of how good he is, does not do anything but to stir up how annoyed everyone is. It's not as if we're signing the paycheck here.

No salary cap: fact

I don't know how you can dispel this.

But keep thinking the Jets have to "conserve" money in an uncapped year.

Never said that, but your notion that they should just fork over a huge signing bonus, so he could hold out again next year is ridiculous!

Archived