Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

There's no excuse for not extending Mangold right now, and Mangold is taking a chance playing without an extension. The Jets are setting themselves up to lose the man when he becomes a UFA, and it will serve them right if they do. They're taking advantage of the guy's good nature.

what ever happened to the idea of actually honoring a contract that you signed? Mangold has a 2010 and so does Revis

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what ever happened to the idea of actually honoring a contract that you signed? Mangold has a 2010 and so does Revis

You know football doesnt work like that. The second you know you have a great player on your hands- you lock him up. Woody got burned once with Chad...but who else of his own has he ever locked up long term?

There's no excuse for not extending Mangold right now, and Mangold is taking a chance playing without an extension. The Jets are setting themselves up to lose the man when he becomes a UFA, and it will serve them right if they do. They're taking advantage of the guy's good nature.

A lot of players are in that situation my friend, and those players are in camp.

The Jets are the Devil.

At the end of this year, Mangold won't have a contract anymore. Jets should complete a new deal before they allow that to happen. If/when he gets thru the season unscathed, he's going to attract really big money deals on the open market.

At the end of this year, Mangold won't have a contract anymore. Jets should complete a new deal before they allow that to happen. If/when he gets thru the season unscathed, he's going to attract really big money deals on the open market.

You keep using that talking point over and over even though it adds no weight to your argument.

Name all the players in the last year of their contract who had a career ending injury. Hell, never mind the last year of their career, name all the players period.

Yeah, there is a possibility you can get hurt in the NFL, but it's not Tora Bora, ok?

A lot of players are in that situation my friend, and those players are in camp.

The Jets are the Devil.

Has nothing to do with the Devil, Dude. In the case of Mangold, the Jets are being penny wise and pound foolish. They can sign him now for less than what he's going to go for on the open market next year. Get him some money now that won't be reflected on future caps, too. It's a win-win, and they're not doing anything. It's stupid.

Has nothing to do with the Devil, Dude. In the case of Mangold, the Jets are being penny wise and pound foolish. They can sign him now for less than what he's going to go for on the open market next year. Get him some money now that won't be reflected on future caps, too. It's a win-win, and they're not doing anything. It's stupid.

devil.jpg

Now Team Gilbert is calling Woody a liar?

OMG these are some stupid motherf333rs.

ROT FOR THREE YEARS YOU PIECE OF sh*t.

+1

I don't care if Revis costs us the SB.

Our stance MUST be we have you for at least three years (possible franchise in year 4) and you play for us or sit at home be fined 2.5 million a year.

I'd rather die without seeing another SB win than give in to this POS.

IDK slats but maybe they know they can't do Mangold and Harris till they know what they have left to work with after Revis ya know? The Jets under Woody HAVE re-done contracts mid-season before-Chad and Ellis come to mind

Except he won't be on the open market next year. Mangold is actually making more money this year than he did the last two combined because of perfomance incentives he has already reached.

His deal will be done before the season is over.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/nickmangold.html

IDK slats but maybe they know they can't do Mangold and Harris till they know what they have left to work with after Revis ya know? The Jets under Woody HAVE re-done contracts mid-season before-Chad and Ellis come to mind

Things aren't so tight that they can't do Mangold right now. I could understand holding off on Harris. As good as he is, he is replaceable. But Mangold is key to the Jets OL. More important than D'Brick, IMO.

Except he won't be on the open market next year. Mangold is actually making more money this year than he did the last two combined because of perfomance incentives he has already reached.

His deal will be done before the season is over.

http://www.nyjetscap...ickmangold.html

Really? Oh, okay. Good.

Yup. Have to say as much as I'm with the Jets on the Revis issue, I'm pretty disgusted that they haven't given a contract to Mangold, especially when you consider what he's doing.

Like I said though IJ; The Jets re-did Ellis and Pennington one year in October so don't give up on it yet. One thing is certain Nick Mangold WILL be a Jet for years to come

I don't think it will happen, but someone else mentioned jammer from the charges. They also have two or three other guys with contract issues. What other player would be close to Revis. And do you think Rex could turn him into the next Revis?

At this point, Darrelle is pretty young so I wouldn't like to trade him for a CB who is definitely aging (Aso, Woodson, Samuels, Bailey). I would definitely look at Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. He doesn't compare to Revis, but I think this guy got some serious potential.

At this point, Darrelle is pretty young so I wouldn't like to trade him for a CB who is definitely aging (Aso, Woodson, Samuels, Bailey). I would definitely look at Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. He doesn't compare to Revis, but I think this guy got some serious potential.

Does Rogers-Cromartie have any kids? If so, in how many states has he planted his seed?

Trading him would be one of the stupidest things the Jets can possibly do. He's not going anywhere, folks. Tanny is too smart. He knows he's not going to get a single player that's going to have the same impact. Also, getting 1st round picks is not a good thing anymore. Rookies getting 30-40 in just gauranteed is disgusting. I rather pay Revis than an unproven rookie. To end things, teams that are going to trade for Revis know that they'll be in the same situation as us unless they pay him 10 Years - 160 Million. This isn't happening.

Wouldn't we have to get like 3 for the great MEvi$?

You'd need to get a CB and a safety, then get the league to agree to let the Jets field 12 men so they can continue to cover #1 WR's and still have 10 guys left to do other things.

You'd need to get a CB and a safety, then get the league to agree to let the Jets field 12 men so they can continue to cover #1 WR's and still have 10 guys left to do other things.

Maybe we can make that a stipulation, this or we sit on MEvi$ for 4 more years. :D

any trade will likely be a combination of players and picks, sort of like the deal to trade up for sanchez. I think he Jets would go for and combination of ; RDE , special teamers, #2 corner, plus picks

I'd go as far as to say right now that it's almost more likely he gets traded after sitting out a year

when I saw the post cover today, "LIAR LIAR", it was the worst possible development; acrimony, accusations, and a $40 million dollar rift

DR holding out doesn't make this team better

The best thing for everyone is for a compromise to be reached, but that isn't happening. Thus we are left with 2 options; trading him, or waiting until next season to try this again. Trading him is easily the weaker of those 2 options.

This is a matter of "mental injury". Traditionally, when guys incur a season ending injury it's due to a body part failure which prevents him from working. Revis has a injury in his thought process that will ultimately keep him from working. I call it an injury to his thought process because he is not thinking within the bounds of the "Unit". It's OK to ask for more money; in fact good players should.

The Front Office is likely looking at this matter as season ending even though this injury is of a different sort. The FO is presently in a good position because they have not landed in the unlucky spot of cutting a guaranteed deal and then experiencing a player out for the season.

How about this? How about Tannenbaum and Woody "make it known" that they are beginning contract talks with Harris and Mangold? Why the heck not at this point?

That way, Revis will be sent the signal that they are moving on to other priorities. If he then wants to come back and discuss... good.

If not... let's lock up our other lifetime Jets talent. It's not like Mangold isn't one of the tops at his position (if not the #1), and when you compare his behavior to that of Revis in this situation, you tell me which you'd rather have as far as team chemistry is concerned moving forward.

Archived